Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Bride of Pendorric ❯ Bride of Pendorric-Prolouge ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Date of completion-1/1/01

Hello my name is Celestine and this is my first fan fiction. It is based on the book called "Bride of Pendorric" by Victoria Holt. I have read many of her books but this one is my most favorite. It takes place in about the year 1897. I hope that you all will enjoy this story. I would really like it if you could e-mail me so I can see how I am doing. Thanks and enjoy the story

Disclaimer- I don't own Sailor Moon simple as that. I also don't own anything pertaining to the book "Bride of Pendorric" I am also sorry if somebody else had this idea out before me. But any similarities in any other story is only an accident I don't want to steal anyone's idea.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Serenity Farington watched the sea gently crest on the shore as she sat in the sand. 'I am 18 years old now. Father wants me to marry soon.' She thought. She sat there for only a few more minutes and then got up and started walking home. She walked up a hill that was a few yards from the beach. On top of the hill was a small house, to the west of the house was a small artist studio. 'Father must be in his studio as usual.' she thought. A small smile tugged at her lips. As she approached the door she heard two voices inside. One belonged to her father the other one was unfamiliar. 'It must be a customer.' she thought. Serenity opened the door and stepped inside.

"I am sorry sir but this piece is not for sale, It has a greater value to me then any amount of money." Said her father's voice 'He must be talking about the work of me.' Serenity thought. Her father's most beautiful work of art he had ever created was a small statue of her. He had carved it when she was about 10 years just after her mother died. Serenity held back the tears in her eyes as she remembered her mother. She had died of a sickness that to this day was never explained.

"Oh here is Serenity." Said a voice. Serenity was jarred out of her thoughts by her father's voice. "Serenity I would like you to meet Endymion Pendorric. Mr. Pendorric this is my daughter Serenity." Her father said gesturing to the man sitting near a small table. The man looked about 28 years old. He had dark deep blue eyes and unruly midnight black hair.

"Hello." She said softly. Endymion smiled stood up and walked over to her. He took her hand and gently placed a kiss on it.

"Hello Serenity. Your father has told me a lot about you." He said. Serenity blushed slightly and gently took her hand from his.

"I see that you have taken a liking to that statue on the table." Serenity stated. Endymion nodded and walked over to the table. He started to examine the statue more closely.

"I have a love for art and when I find something as wonderful as this I just have to have it." Endymion said "but it seems that your father is very stubborn about selling it. Why is that Mr. Farington?"

"That statue is of my daughter when she was 10 years old. I made a vow long ago that my most beautiful work of art would never go up for sale. That statue of Serenity is that work." He said. Endymion nodded his head and smiled again.

"I thank you for this lovely chat I hope to see you again." Endymion said and then walked out the door. Serenity sat down in a chair next to her father and sighed. Mr. Farington turned to his daughter and placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Charming fellow don't you think." He said. Serenity just rolled her eyes and thought how odd of a man her father was.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The next day found Serenity on the beach again. She sat her self on the sand and watched the seagulls' fish a few yards off shore.

"I see that we have a common love for the beach and sea." Said a voice. Serenity gasped and turned to the voice. It was Endymion Pendorric. "

Oh it is only you." Serenity gasped. Endymion frowned.

"Are you that glad to see me?" He said is a huff. Serenity laughed.

"No that is not what I meant. I am just glad that it is you and not someone I don't know." She explained. Endymion sat down next to her.

"So do you come out to the sea a lot Serenity?" He asked. Serenity nodded.

"Ever sense my mother died I have always come out here to be alone and think. It does me a little good to be able to be alone sometimes." Serenity replied. Endymion nodded his head. He rose from the sand and offered his hand to Serenity. Serenity took his hand and stood up.

"Would you like to take a walk with me?" He asked. Serenity nodded and they walked off.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Endymion lead Serenity to a cliff about a half a mile from her home.

"This is what the view looks like where Pendorric Manor is." Endymion said. Serenity looked over the cliff. Down the short cliff was a small beach. There were Seagulls fishing off shore. Dolphins jumped in the surf. The little beach was protected was by 3 cliff.

"Wow this is a wonderful view. Pendorric Manor is near the sea?" Serenity asked. Endymion nodded.

"Pendorric overlooks the English Channel." Endymion answered. Serenity looked once again at the small cove and then turned to Endymion.

"I must really getting back home Father will start worrying about me." She said. Endymion offered his hand for her. Serenity took it.

"Well then we must get you home." Endymion said. Serenity nodded and they started off down the cliff.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Over the next few weeks Endymion Pendorric came by often. Serenity often was at the beach when he came to see her. They went on walks and for drives in his car. Serenity took him to many places of interest around the small French Island. One day Endymion never came to see her so Serenity was busy in the small house cleaning.

'I better get father his lunch before he gets to hungry.' She thought. Serenity walked into the small kitchen and prepared a small meal. She placed some tea and the meal on a tray and walked toward the small studio.

"Father, I have brought lunch for you." Serenity called out. When no one answered she placed the meal on a table by the door. She stepped inside. She saw her father talking to Endymion Pendorric. Her father's face was ashen and he looked 10 years older. Endymion had a grim look on his face but his eyes had a glint of humor.

"Father what is wrong?" Serenity asked. Serenity's father jumped and looked at his daughter in confusion.

"Se.. Serenity wha..what are you doing here?" He stuttered.

"I brought you your lunch father." Serenity answered. Her father raised his brow and then the look of confusion left his eyes.

"Ok Serenity just leave it on the table by the door and I will get it later." He said. Serenity nodded and walked out. Once outside she wandered down to the beach once more. She removed her shoes and lifted up her dress. Serenity waded into the water until it was half way up her knees. 'I wonder why father what was bothering father. He looked so pale and confused.' She thought. Serenity stayed in the water until her legs were numb. A sudden yelling of a voice started her. She slipped in the rising surf and then everything went black.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Serenity. Serenity. Wake up Serenity." Said a familiar voice. Serenity slowly opened her eyes. When she her eyes came into focus she looked around. She saw Endymion above her soaking wet. His movements were frantic and his eyes held fear and concern.

"What...happened?" She squeaked softly. Endymion looked at her and gently pushed a blonde hair out of her eyes.

"You fell under the water. I am sorry that I started you. When you fell in the water I pulled you out." Endymion explained. Serenity started coughing and Endymion gently held her as she emptied her stomach of seawater.

"Feel better?" Endymion asked laughing slightly. Serenity looked up confused at him. 'What is this emotion that I am feeling? When he holds me I get this feeling that it is right. He makes me feel like a whole person' Serenity thought. Endymion gently shook her out of her thoughts. "Serenity we better get you home before you catch a cold. We don't want that do we." Endymion said. Serenity shook her head.

Endymion gently picked her up in his arms. Serenity gasped in shock.

"Endymion Pendorric you put me down this instant." Serenity shrieked. Endymion laughed and pressed his forehead to hers.

"I don't think so Serenity you are too weak to stand let alone walk." Endymion whispered. Serenity blushed and looked away from him. Endymion started walking to her house.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Serenity's father had made his daughter stay inside for a few days. She had developed a slight sore throat and a lingering cough. Endymion had begin around at least once a day to see how she was doing. When she was strong enough to move with out a lot of help Endymion took her for a walk on the beach.

"So you are feeling better now Serenity?" Endymion asked.

"I guess I do but I just hate feeling weak." Serenity answered. Endymion laughed and gently pulled her closer to him.

"Do you always laugh like that?" Serenity whispered.

"Only when I am happy." He whispered back. Serenity blushed and looked down.

"Why would feel happy with me I am not rich like you. I don't have a name to anything or me like that." Serenity whispered.

"I don't care about money or names. I care about you Serenity only you." Endymion whispered in her ear. Serenity looked up at him with a few tears in her eyes.

"I don't know what to say Endymion. I..." was all she said before Endymion placed a finger over her lips.

"I know you don't know what to say. But I want to say this." Endymion said while pulling her closer. Their faces were inches away from each other.

"I have fallen in love with you Serenity." He whispered in her ear. Serenity looked at him with confusion and fear in her eyes.

"Endymion I don't understand why me?" She asked softly. Endymion pulled her closer and looked in her sky blue eyes with his dark deep blue ones.

"Serenity you are the most amazing women I have ever met. I love you with all my heart. There is no one that I want to feel like this but you. Serenity I love you." Endymion said. Serenity eyes filled slowly with tears and she pressed her face into Endymion's shirt.

"Endymion I believe that I have fallen in love with you also." She whispered into his shirt. Endymion gently pushed her away from his shirt. Serenity looked up at his with confusion written on her face. Endymion gently lowered his face to hers in a sweet soft kiss. Serenity responded with all the love she felt for the man that was holding her. Endymion gently broke the kiss after a few moments.

Serenity placed her head on his chest and sighed. Endymion wrapped his arms around her waist. "Endymion you know what?" She asked softly. Endymion looked down at her.

"What is that love?" Endymion replied. Serenity giggled.

I love you too." She whispered into his shirt. Endymion laughed lightly.

"Well it looks like we both agree on something else." He said.

"You are so impossible." Serenity laughed. Endymion released her and offered her his arm. Serenity smiled and accepted his arm. They then made there way back to her house on the hill.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Serenity and Endymion were sharing a picnic lunch under a tree. They were feeding each other little pieces of sandwiches and fruits. When they had finished they went for another walk on the beach. Endymion stopped walking and drew her close.

"Serenity there is something that I want to ask you." He said. Serenity looked at him with all the love she felt burning inside her. Endymion pulled a small box out of his pocket and knelt on one knee. Serenity looked at him with confusion across her face.

"My love would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" Endymion asked. Serenity now had tears running down her face. She knelt down next to him and threw her arms around him.

"I will take that as a yes." Endymion laughed. He opened the box and pulled out a simple ring of gold with a single diamond on it. He placed it on her left ring finger. Serenity kissed him and he responded.

Endymion gently broke the kiss and gathered Serenity in his arms.

"You have made me so happy darling." Endymion whispered into her hair. Serenity placed one of her hands on his face and looked in his eyes.

"I hope I am all you hope that I will be." Serenity said. Endymion gently stood up and picked Serenity up by the waist. He twirled her around in circles in the air. Serenity squealed with laughter.

"Endymion put me down this instant." She squealed. Endymion complied and set the small women on the ground.

Serenity snuggled up in Endymion's arms. They stayed like that for quite some time. Then Serenity stirred in his arms.

"Endymion I really must get home. We must talk to my father about wedding plans." Serenity said. Endymion nodded and led her to see her father.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Of course Serenity's father was thrilled. All he wanted was for Serenity to be happy. Serenity and Endymion were married in a small chapel not far from her home. They took a spent a short time in a hotel in the capital of the island. 2 months later Serenity was at the doctor with her very worried husband.

"What seems to be the problem Mrs. Pendorric?" The doctor asked.

"Well I have begun feeling sick in the morning and pains in my chest." Serenity said. The doctor wrote some things down one a sheet of paper.

"Well Mrs. Pendorric is seems there is an easy cure for these sickness and pains." The doctor said.

"What would that be?" Endymion asked.

"Well Mr. Pendorric these pains will only last about 9 months." The doctor said. Serenity and Endymion looked at him confused.

"Congratulation Mr. and Mrs. Pendorric in 9 months you both will be parent." The doctor laughed lightly. Serenity's eyes widened and she covered her mouth to muffle the scream that was on the tip of her tongue. Endymion thanked the doctor and lead Serenity out the door.

"We must go tell father the good news." Serenity said. Endymion wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her neck.

"That is a good idea love lets do that." Endymion said.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Serenity bounded out of the car the Endymion was driving. She ran up to the small house and opened the door.

"Father. Father where are you?" She called out. Serenity went into his bedroom it was empty. But on the bed she found a folded piece of paper with her name on the front. Serenity opened the letter and read

Dearest Serenity,

I know when you read this letter I am all ready dead. But do not cry my little one it was my doing. I know you are happy now with Endymion Pendorric. I know he will take good care of you. I don't want you to mourn for me my love because I to am happy now. When your mother died I was dead inside. The only thing that kept me alive these past eight years was you Serenity. I know that I you will miss me very much but you have a whole new and wondrous life ahead of you. My daughter all I ask is that you be happy till the day when you will meet your mother and me again.

Love, Father

P.S. Endymion please take good care of my daughter or I will come back to haunt you for all your life. HA HA HA

The letter dropped from Serenity's trembling hand. She started sobbing softly. Her shoulders started to shake.

"Serenity where are you love?" Called out Endymion. He entered the room to find his wife on her fathers bed sobbing.

"Oh my love what ever is that matter?" He asked softly. Serenity showed him the letter. Endymion quickly skimmed the letter. His face took on a look of shock.

"Oh Serenity I am so sorry." He said and then gathered his young wife in his arms and tried to soothe her. They stayed like that for most of the rest of the day.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It was a dark and gloomy day when Serenity's father was laid next to her mother in the small church graveyard. Endymion held a crying Serenity as she let the world know of her loss.

"I feel like I let him down in a way Endymion." Serenity sobbed in his shirt.

"Serenity my love there is nothing that we could have done. I am sorry about your father but you need to get on with your life." Endymion said to her.

"I know I just want the hurting to stop." Serenity whispered. Endymion tightened his grip around her.

"So do I love so do I." he said.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

End prologue

Author ramblings: Well what did you think. Leave me a review or E-mail me at Celestial_Shimmer@hotmail.com