Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Cause You're Worth It ❯ Cause You're Worth It ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

~ Cause You're Worth It ~

I'M TUGGING AT MY HAIR,

I'M PULLING AT MY CLOTHES.

I'M TRYIN TO KEEP MY COOL,

I KNOW IT SHOWS.

Serena was nervous. She was always like this now, around Darien, ever since she found out she was in love with him. She tugged at her hair, she played with it, she twirled it around her finger; anything to keep her distracted. She pulled at her shirt, looking for an excuse to look down. She didn't want to lose herself in those dark, mysterious eyes of his. She tried to look calm, normal. She didn't want to let him know. But she knew she was failing.

I'M STARING AT MY FEET,

MY CHEEKS ARE TURNING RED.

I'M SEARCHING FOR THE WORDS INSIDE MY HEAD.

I'M FEELING NERVOUS,

TRYING TO BE PERFECT

CAUSE I KNOW YOU'RE WORTH IT . . .

She stared at her feet. She knew she was blushing. He was looking at her with an odd look on his face. God, how she wished she was somewhere else. She kept thinking of something to say, an insult, a comment on the weather; anything. It was getting harder and harder now. She felt butterflies in her stomach. She was so nervous. She heard him make a comment about her tests. As if she were in a dream, she responded she got a 90% on her test, surprising him. She did it all for him, and only him. She wanted to make him like her, be proud of her. She wanted him to love her back.

. . . YOU'RE WORTH IT . . . YEAH . . .

She'd do anything for him, even if she had to lose her life in the promise. She was trapped, in the web of love. And he didn't even know.

IF I COULD SAY WHAT I WANTED TO SAY

I'D SAY I WANT TO BLOW YOU AWAY . . .

BE WITH YOU EVERY NIGHT,

AM I SQUEEZING YOU TOO TIGHT?

IF I COULD SAY WHAT I WANTED TO SAY

I WANT TO SEE YOU DOWN ON ONE KNEE . . .

MARRY ME TODAY!

GUESS I'M WISHING MY LIFE AWAY,

WITH THESE THINGS I'LL NEVER SAY . . .

She wanted to tell him so many things. She wanted to hold him. She wanted to be with him forever. She wanted to tell him she loved him. If only he knew. But she could never tell him. She could never say these things. She was wishing her life away . . . Wasting it all with these things she could never say . . .

IT DON'T DO ME ANY GOOD,

IT'S JUST A WASTE OF TIME.

WHAT USE IS IT TO YOU, WHAT'S ON MY MIND?

IF IT AIN'T COMIN' OUT,

WE'RE NOT GOIN' ANYWHERE,

SO WHY CAN'T I JUST TELL YOU THAT I CARE?

TRYIN' TO BE SO PERFECT

CAUSE I KNOW YOU'RE WORTH IT . . .

This was all in her head. It wasn't doing any good for her. In fact, it was slowly poisoning her, wasting her time, making her lose concentration in everything she did. He asked her, what was wrong? She seemed different. Serena laughed bitterly and said it was nothing. Why couldn't she just come out with it and tell him the truth? She was a coward. But she tried so hard, to be brave, when she was fighting all those monsters. She tried, all for him, it was all for him.

IF I COULD SAY WHAT I WANTED TO SAY

I'D SAY I WANT TO BLOW YOU AWAY . . .

BE WITH YOU EVERY NIGHT,

AM I SQUEEZING YOU TOO TIGHT?

IF I COULD SAY WHAT I WANTED TO SAY

I WANT TO SEE YOU DOWN ON ONE KNEE . . .

MARRY ME TODAY!

GUESS I'M WISHING MY LIFE AWAY,

WITH THESE THINGS I'LL NEVER SAY . . .

She just wanted to tell him how she felt. But she was afraid. She was so scared of being rejected. She wanted to tell, wanted to get it out of her mind. But she couldn't. She was a coward. She could never tell him this, these things she'll never talk to him about . . . Tears rolled down her face, she ducked her head down so he couldn't see them.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY TONGUE?

THESE WORDS KEEP SLIPPIN' AWAY . . .

I STUTTER . . . I STUMBLE,

LIKE I'VE GOT NOTHING TO SAY . . .

TRYIN' TO BE SO PERFECT,

CAUSE I KNOW YOU'RE WORTH IT . . .

She stuttered a few words of goodbye and quickly ran out, with as much grace and dignity as she could. "Serena!" she could hear him yell, but she ignored it. She just kept running. "Darien, I love you . . ." she whispered, tears making their way down her cheeks. She felt so much pain, but somehow . . .

CAUSE YOU'RE WORTH IT . . .

She knew it was all worth it; that someday, it would all go away, that she would be happy, but till then, she would have to suffer . . . It would be worth it.

~*~*~*~ The End~*~*~*~

Wow, that was my first song fic. I never would've thought it was as hard as it was! ^_^ Hope you liked it! And if you like this one, I have two other ones, but they're Inuyasha fanfics. Please review this! I'd love it if you do! Thanx ^_^ - Kitten (FireRose on Fanfiction.net)

P.S. I know the title to this song is Things I'll Never Say, by Avril Lavigne, but I wanted to change it. And I know that I cut the last verse off, but the ending I had in the fic fit and the other one didn't all too well, so bear with me! ^_^