Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Chase the Moon ❯ Danger Lurks Around Every Turn ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chase the Moon

Co Written by: Miko & Tenshi Moon

Hello everyone thanks for sticking with us so far, I really appreciate it. I also want to thank my wonderful, talented, editor, best friend and beta reader, also the love of my life Miko. Thank you for giving me support, encouragement and love. I love you!!! Review and enjoy Minna!!!

Chapter 3
Danger Lurks Around Every Turn

"What are they doing!?" a member of the pit crew yelled as the engines of Haruka and Mikazuki's bikes roared to life. He ran after Haruka's bike angrily, he hadn't finished repairing the bike from the last race. "Damn it Ten'ou! Somebody call Yuji! Tell him his driver's lost her mind along with his newest number."

Michiru laughed as she walked towards the angry crew members. "A challenge is what happened. Haruka's just being Haruka, proving her dominance as the head of the team." She explained looking out at the track.

"I see, but there's a problem with the engine. It could blow," the pit member informed Michiru as he ran toward the track a headset in his hands.

"Haruka…," Michiru sighed worrying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

"Get in here now Ten'ou!" the pit leader yelled into the headset. Crackling static was all he heard in response. "Damn it, she doesn't have her helmet on!" he cried angrily slamming the headset down.

"Somebody's got to stop them," another crew member said.

"How do you propose we do that, would you like to go and stand in the middle of the track to get their attention?!" the pit leader exclaimed.

"There's nothing you can do. She wouldn't listen anyway," Michiru said quietly. Inside she was worrying. Something was going to happen she could feel it. But there was no way to stop the two racers now. Neither Mika nor Haruka were paying attention to the calls from their pit leader.

"I want EMT's here now!" the pit leader yelled into the phone arguing with someone. "We have a possible situation!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rei smiled contently as she watched Azami giggling with Minako. They were in the park now talking, enjoying the last days of summer. Birds were singing and Rei could hear the waves on the pond, not far from her lapping at the dock. It was a beautiful day, especially now. Azami had made friends already with the others. They were talking and laughing with her like all of them were old chums. Occasionally Azami would look in Rei's direction and smile shyly. Rei was falling in love with the mysterious girl.

"Gosh what time is it?" Azami asked Makoto looking up at the sky trying to tell.

"Ummm, 7:30." Makoto answered. "Why?"

"I have to get home, I have chores, but it was so much fun meeting all of you." Azami exclaimed standing up.

"Yeah, it was really nice. Why don't you meet us tomorrow at the ice cream parlor, same time as today?" Minako asked.

"No problem, I'd love that." Azami smiled. Rei frowned; she didn't want Azami to go. She wanted to stay in this girl's presence forever.

"Um, why don't I walk you home, it'll be getting dark soon. You shouldn't be alone." She piped up, startling everyone as she spoke.

"What a nice offer Rei. I'd love your company anytime," Azami flirted.

"Well…uh the rest of us will head off then. Be careful though." Minako giggled as she helped Ami up. Makoto joined them as they walked away.

*Alone at last* Azami thought as she looked at Rei. The raven haired girl was beautiful, unlike anyone she had ever seen. But that didn't matter, not right now. "I live over on Rumei, it that too far from where you live?" Azami questioned walking toward Rei.

"No, not at all," Rei smiled. *God she's beautiful* she thought picking up her things. Soon they were in their way. Awkward silence fell over them both as they walked. Both thinking different thoughts, not noticing they were being followed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

Haruka knew her bike had a problem. She knew the purr of the engine like the sound of Michiru's voice. But there was no way she'd back down from a challenge. She wouldn't let this kid show her up on the track or anywhere else for that matter. In the back of her mind though, she was worried about how the bike would act. She could feel Michiru, even from here, begging her to return. Haruka smiled, she was leading this race, and it'd be over soon.

"Would you look at that, Haruka's far ahead of Mikazuki. She'll never cease to amaze me." One of the crew exclaimed pointing to the two bikes on the track.

"Go Haruka!" another crew member hooted laughing and punching his buddies arm playfully.

Michiru looked on, watching the two bikes carefully, Haruka indeed leading by a good distance. *Please Haruka* she prayed wishing her love would stop this race and come back in. She could feel Haruka being stubborn though. She wouldn't come back in, she wouldn't back, down even if it might cost her, her life. But her love had always been willing to give her life for pride, love or family. Something Michiru admired and loved.

Oh my god…look!" one of the crew yelled. Michiru looked up and her heart dropped to her stomach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

"Thanks for walking me home Rei. It was really nice of you." Azami expressed smiling at Rei.

Rei sighed and blushed slightly, "It's no big deal really. It can be dangerous…I…" Rei started and then stopped abruptly. She felt something, she looked around hurriedly. "Azami…" she started to warn and looked toward the girl. But Azami had disappeared and in her place stood a youma.