Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Chase the Moon ❯ Ambiguity ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chase the Moon

Co Written by: Miko & Tenshi Moon

Sorry it’s been so long since we’ve updated minna! Life’s been hectic and we’ve had a mild case of writer’s block to go along with it. Anyways we hope that you like this installment to Chase the Moon. Please read and review!!

Miko & Tenshi

Chapter 5
Ambiguity

Minako, Ami and Makoto were leisurely returning to their homes. It was a nice evening and none of them saw any reason to hurry, for once even Ami couldn’t argue with her fellow senshi.

“So what do you guys think about Azami?” Makoto asked seeking the opinion of her friends on the newcomer they had met today.

“I’m not very sure I can make an accurate assumption about her until I spend some more time around her,” Ami replied quietly waiting to hear Minako’s response.

“I can’t really say much about her either Mako-chan but man was Rei crushing on her! Did you see the way she kept staring at her and then offering to walk her home, she has got it bad girls,” the love senshi commented.

“Yeah I noticed that too. It’s not like Rei to just jump into a relationship like that. She doesn’t even know the girl; I thought she was more reserved than that.” Makoto remarked worriedly.

“I’m sure Rei-chan just suffered from a momentary lack of judgment,” Ami suggested. “I’m certain that after she has some time to think about the situation she’ll…” A wave of pain shot through Ami causing her to pause in mid-sentence. After regaining her senses she looked at her companions and saw the same look in their eyes, they had felt it too. Something was wrong with Rei.

Ami pulled out her Mercury computer from her sub-space pocket and began typing furiously. Within a few moments she had located the fire senshi and the three were off, headed towards the location of their comrade.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mikazuki switched her hand and placed it around the blonde racer’s waist yanking her off of her bike and onto her own. Steadying her partner’s unconscious form she accelerated and sped on past Haruka’s bike and around the bend in the track, a few seconds later Haruka’s bike exploded, mere feet from where Mikazuki had been just moments ago. She finished the circuit around the track and came to a stop in the pit. The crew surrounded her instantaneously, she managed to push them all back as she carried Haruka’s still form to the ambulance that had just arrived.

“Someone get her wife, she’s unconscious as well,” Mikazuki ordered after Haruka had been taken by the paramedics and placed in the ambulance. Hoshi went over and gently picked up Michiru and with Juzo’s help the two carried her over to the ambulance.

After making many protests against also going with the paramedics to the hospital she finally got them to allow her to receive a check-up when she came to the hospital to see how her friends were doing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shiro stared at the two newcomers in his realm. He surmised that they had inadvertently been pulled here through Mikazuki’s power surge. Mentally making a note to work on that in her training he began speaking with his guests.

“I think it would be best if we stayed here for awhile until things calm down back in the real world.” He said. “I imagine you would probably like to know some more information on where you are and how you arrived here anyway.

“Yes, I think that would help us to better understand what’s going on. Some information about you would be nice as well,” Michiru agreed.

“Close your eyes Neptune imagine a place you treasure within your heart. Hold tight to that image or memory and then open your eyes once more,” Shiro instructed. Michiru looked at him momentarily before slowly complying with his request. A sharp intake of breath was heard as the white nothingness suddenly became a jungle paradise. There were trees and a large lake as well as animals of all sorts.

“What is this place?” Haruka asked in wonderment.

“Whatever you want it to be Uranus. Anything you want to be here will be, you need only envision it.” He replied.

The jungle changed into a cliff top moments later. There was a dangerously sharp drop to an ocean below and the wind was blowing freely through there hair.

“I see you’re getting the hang of it,” Shiro joked as many different scenes were displayed before them in rapid succession. The world ended on a sitting room, it had three chairs and a fireplace as well as a table in between the chairs. “Have a seat and I will tell you what you wish to know.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mars fell to the ground gasping for breath. The youma she fought was strong. There was no way she was going to win this battle; she could feel her strength leaving her with every energy attack she launched at her opponent.
“Giving up now?” the youma cackled as it came toward her.

Mars glanced at Azami’s still form and then looked up at the youma glaring down at her. “Never,” she whispered hauling herself painfully to her feet. Mars felt dazed and she could feel the blood running from her multiple wounds. But she wouldn’t give up; death would claim her before she surrendered.

The youma laughed and bought up its gleaming sword in response, the blade read with blood. Mars summoned another attack concentrating her remaining strength into it. She smiled knowing this would surely kill her, but if it saved the life of the beautiful girl lying on the pavement she’d chance it. She fought to stay on her feet. The youma advanced on the glowing senshi of fire, it didn’t know the plan she held. Mars looked up at the youma eyes dancing with the ball of fire she held in her hands. The she let it go and somehow felt nothing as the world went dark and her body crumpled to the ground.

The ball of fire flew towards the youma at an amazing speed, just as it was about to hit it was joined by another, larger ball of energy. Multi-colored with green, blue and orange, the two combined forming an even larger ball of energy which connected with the youma throwing it against the wall.

It looked up in disbelief seeing three more of the energy wielding humans ready and waiting for it. Deciding to withdraw the youma dissolved into thin air and disappeared from sight. The three senshi ran over to their fallen comrade failing to notice the young girl that was hobbling away from the scene.