Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Chasing the Moon ❯ Part Two: Chapter Six: A New Life ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chasing the Moon
by Kuroi Koneko
 
Part Two: Wandering
 
*************************************************************
 
A.N. - This part of the story takes place (mostly) in America, about nine years after Part One. The first part of this chapter is going to be a dream/flashback to several years earlier (a bit after the initial move to America) and will introduce an important character. Things might be a little confusing, forgive me if it is. Ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer them without giving too much away; preferably leave an email address so I don't spoil anything for anyone else. I love getting emails people!! Anyway, onto what you really want…
 
*************************************************************
 
Chapter Six: A New Life
 
A girl entered the gymnasium, her black and white leotard emphasizing how small a figure the 8-year-old girl had. Her class hadn't started yet, but she was early, so she sat on the sidelines of the practice floor to watch the older and more experienced girls perform while she stretched. Her eyes followed the nimble leaps and tumbles and poses the girls performed, eagerly locking the movements into memory to emulate in her own free time.
 
The older girls finished their routines and cleared off the floor to allow the younger classes to congregate and begin their own practices. The girl gathered around her teacher with the rest of her class and they all began stretching again. Shortly after, a young blonde walked onto the floor and went up to the teacher. She bowed a little to the teacher before talking quietly with her. Rachel, the teacher, pointed over to the girl and the blonde walked over before plopping onto the floor and beginning to stretch.
 
“Hi,” the blonde said. “I'm Serena.”
 
The girl blinked at Serena a moment. She tilted her head as though trying to find the best angle to see Serena at. Apparently satisfied with whatever she was looking for, the girl replied. “I'm Lana. Nice to meet you Serena. You're new here, aren't you?”
 
“Yeah,” Serena giggled. “I moved here from Japan over the summer.”
 
“Wow, Japan! That's really cool!” Lana said in awe.
 
“I suppose so.”
 
“Alright everyone, let's start with our floor exercises!” Rachel yelled, getting everyone's attention.
 
“Serena!”
 
Serena jumped and almost fell out of her seat. Lana laughed a little at her daydreaming friend. “Earth to Serena, it's time to go now. Come in, Serena!”
 
“It's time to go? Well what are we still doing here then?! Let's go!” Serena grabbed Lana's wrist and started dragging her along.
 
“Rena! That's what I've been trying to get you to do for the last ten minutes now!” Lana giggled. “And in case you've suddenly forgotten your directional skills, we're meeting Haru at the track… which is in the other direction.”
 
“Yeah, yeah, I knew that!” Lana snorted in disbelief. “Oh shut up. I did! But c'mon, we're gonna be late, so move it!” Serena proceeded to turn around, Lana's wrist still in her grasp, and head in the opposite direction. Lana laughed, stumbled, and then started to outrun Serena, which started a racing competition between the two.
 
------------
 
(at the track)
 
Haruka was impatiently tapping her foot as she glanced at her watch for the fifth time in the last ten minutes. She shoved her hand through her already mussed hair, tousling it even more and causing the girls standing a few yards away to giggle outrageously. Haruka shot automatically shot a flirtatious smile in their direction when she heard them.
 
“HARU!! I'm sorry we're late! It's the blonde's fault.”
 
“Hey!” Serena pouted. “You're a blonde too, ya know. Does that mean it's your fault too then?”
 
Lana threw Serena a cheeky grin with a quick “nope” before dodging the anticipated play-hit Serena threw at her.
 
“Ahem.” Lana and Serena both turned to meet Haruka's annoyed-amused expression, instantly donning matching `I'm innocent and you love me' expressions. “Charming, girls, really. Shall we get going now, since we're behind schedule?” The two gave her a salute and an “aye, aye, captain!” at which she rolled her eyes at, but couldn't quite keep the small smile off her face.
 
The crowd of girls all moaned disappointedly as Haruka threw an arm around a shoulder and lead Serena and Lana away. The two shared a look as Haruka casually waved at the crowd as the trio passed by and a few girls swooned.
 
“Are you ever gonna tell the world that you're a female, not a male?” Lana asked wryly as she noticed a few fallen banners with “Marry me, Haruka!” surrounded with hearts written on it.
 
“And loose all those fans? Why would she ever even dream of such a horror, Lana?” Serena replied.
 
Haruka gave each of their shoulders a tight squeeze. “Hey, now. I'm still here you know. And my hearing works quite well. Besides, if no one has managed to figure it out by now, why spoil the fun?”
 
“Evil, Haru-chan, you're very evil.”
 
“Yeah! Just think of all those poor girls' hearts you'll be confusing when they realize they've been lusting after a girl?” Serena wiped away a mock-tear. “Those poor fans… they'll be so confused about themselves because of you!”
 
“They'll live. Enough,” Haruka shot a glare at Lana, who instantly snapped her mouth shut, “we've got practice to do.”
 
“Yes indeed,” said a new voice as they opened the doors to Haruka's sports car. “You three need to work on your teamwork coordination more. You've improved, but you could still be better. Now, I've set up the computer to duplicate the last battle. I want you to go through it as many times as it takes to improve. It will also be getting progressively harder the more often you go through it, so it's not going to be the same every time, understand?”
 
“Yes, Ozzy,” the three chorused as the rose-gold cat calmly stood up from her curled position in the front seat of the car.
 
She grinned, baring her teeth, and said, “Well get moving! I'm hungry and being a cat for overly-long periods of time is beginning to make me act like one of those lazy housecats. Besides,” she lost her feline grin as she became serious, “the computers have picked up an increase of activity lately. I think He might be beginning to make his move and I want you three as prepared as possible.”
 
Serena started worrying her bottom lip with her teeth as she took in the news Eos just gave them. Haruka wrapped her arms around Serena's shoulders and pulled her back gently to her chest as Lana wrapped her arms around Serena's waist, the two of them resting their chins on her shoulders.
 
“We'll be ready,” Lana said in a quiet and hard voice.
 
“He's not gonna touch her,” Haruka replied in the same tone.
 
“You all still need to be prepared. Just because the Negaverse youmas are easy for you to handle doesn't mean that fighting them constantly doesn't tire you out. And having to face His obstacles isn't a walk in the park.” As Haruka and Lana's expressions hardened Eos sighed. “I just don't want anything to happen to any of you. I want you as prepared as possible, my little ones,” Eos said softly. “Now get moving. The night has yet to fall and there's hours to kill with practice before patrolling tonight.”
 
The three stood a little longer before they untangled themselves and got into the car, Haruka driving, Serena in the passenger seat, and Lana in the back seat with Eos in her lap. The only sound in the car was the soft purring coming from Eos as it blended with the running engine.
 
 
----------------
 
Hey, I just wanted to let everyone reading this know I'm really sorry about how long it's taken me to update and that I'm really sorry about it. College - while not taking up a lot of time class-wise - has kept me stressed and occupied more than I had expected. And with Playwriting classes these last two semesters kinda warping my writing it's been a little odd trying to sit down and write. I'm unhappy with how I've written Lady Robin Hood so I'm trying to go back and revise the chapters to smooth things out and I don't particularly like this chapter, which was EXTREMELY hard to write out.
 
I know things are probably a little confusing right now, they're sorta supposed to be.
 
But now for the reviewer replies!!
 
Didaskaleinophobia - I'm glad you liked the teaser, hope you enjoyed the actual chapter this time. ^_^*
Neonlights - Hey! I haven't gotten a single harassment from you since you reviewed. Hope you haven't fallen off! You're not annoyed with me, are you? *pout* and thanx for the advice, about adding more surrounding description. I'll definitely keep that in mind.
SerenityChild - lol, sorry about confusing you. I'm quite pleased to hear that you're attached to this story. Hehe, you know, you reviewed on my birthday! That made me extra happy. Sorry for taking so long.
Miyoko5800 - Miyoko-chan! Have you checked my list recently? You're up at the top now! I'm trying to get to Lady Robin Hood, but I'm having such issues with it now… it just doesn't want to cooperate with me. How's senior year going for you? Any replies yet? Let me know!
Sailor Phoenix - glad you like it. I know this isn't one of my better chapters, but does it pass?
Elementalmoon - thank you so much for the offer! Careful, I may take you up on it one day when I've become desperate.
Jennyroseangel - thank you!
Momocolady - thank you!
Sorro's Angel - LOL, I got such a kick reading your review. I read over again because it's fun. Of course, I can't answer your questions, that'd give too much away! I hope this chapter gives you a few ideas on how to answer them though. Cheesy romance novels and spy books, eh? Not much for spy books, but a friend of mine got a cheesy romance novel as a gag, so I might borrow that.
SJ - confused, eh? Good! Here's a hint, if it helps: Neptune=yes, Uranus=no (although I think I listed the senshi present).
Silver Moonlight-81 - thank you!
Nazi Hater - I absolutely LOVE getting your reviews, thank you so much! Not gonna answer your questions `cause that'd be giving away info that's just a little to… revealing. It'll all come together in time (I hope!). Until then, enjoy! ^_^
Night-Owl123 - I'm not sure how soon I'll be updating, but I'll try my best to write more often!
Crys - wow! This is the “most interesting story” you've read in a long time?! I'm so flattered! I hope you're still interested in it. I know updates might be a bit slow `cause of my college work, but I WILL finish this! If you like this, you can try looking at my other story Lady Robin Hood and tell me if that's as interesting.
SKY UNICORN - thank you!
dajare - love the name! Yeah.. I kinda noticed my error after the fact. I'm definitely going to go back and change it one day (especially the “Molly” part… that's just weird for me to type `cause that's my name). As for “Samuel”… um.. think of it as a middle name. I'm definitely changing that too, since things are a bit muddle where names are concerned. I didn't put in a lot of thought since they're not gonna be in the story for much longer…. Sh!
sleepy26 - thank you!
Kail Ceannai - thanks for the input. I know it's impossible to determine a baby's gender so early in a pregnancy, but just pretend…