Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Christmas Miracles ❯ Raye ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I don't own the Sailor Scouts or anything affiliated with them! I swear! Don't sue! All I own is the plot, Dr. Hipera, Lord Enchanter and the Dragons (hmm...sounds like a new band.....). This is my first Sailor Moon story, so please be kind and send any reviews. There is going to be a chapter for each inner scout and then a final battle. I'm using the dubbed names because I feel more comfortable using them. I think that's it...Sit back, relax and enjoy the story!
"OK, I'll tell her." Raye said into the phone.
Beep beep!
The car's horn rang out.
"Lita, I gotta go. Mina's here now. See you in a few minutes." she hung up the phone. Raye quickly called goodbye to her grandpa and Chad and she carefully made her way down the icy steps leading from the temple.
"Hi Mina!" she greeted her friend as she pulled the door open.
"Hey Raye!" Mina replied from behind the steering wheel.
"I just talked to Lita. She said that she and Amy are over Serena's house, so we just have to stop over there."
"Great!" Mina replied, pulling away from the curb. "Now we have more time to shop!"

Several hours later, the five girls were heading back home.
"This girls' day out was a really good idea!" Lita said as Mina pulled up in front of Amy's house.
"Yeah, we should do this more often." Raye agreed from the front passenger seat that she and Serena had fought over.
"Definitely!" Serena piped up, having lost the fight and ended up in the backseat. "For once, I agree with you, Raye!"
Amy climbed out of the car. "Bye guys! I'll see you tomorrow!"
"Bye Amy!" the girls called.
The car headed towards Lita's apartment. Mina sighed happily.
"What are you thinking about, Mina?" Lita asked.
"I think she's thinking about a certain guy that she met at the Fruit Parlor." Serena teased. "Now what was his name again?"
"Um...Dan? No I think it was Darren. Or maybe it was..." Raye joined in.
"Damion." Mina began to come out of Dreamland.
"Wow, this must be serious. She remembered his name." Lita joked.
"Cut it out guys." Mina started blushing. The girls continued to tease her. Up ahead, the stoplight turned red. Mina pushed the break pedal. The car began to stop, but hit an icy patch on the road. It shot forward, though the red light. All the girls screamed as an oncoming car rammed into the side of Mina's car. Then her car fish-tailed across the street. Another car hit the front passenger side. They were headed right for a tree. Serena looked up in the split second before the car careened into the tree. She saw Raye. Blood matted down her midnight hair.
'So much blood....' Serena thought as the world turned black.

Amy paced the waiting room, nervously. Her mom had called from the hospital to tell her that her friends were in a bad accident.
'Why won't anyone tell me anything?' she wondered in frustration.
"Amy?" a voice questioned.
Amy turned around. "Serena! Are you alright?"
"Yeah. Just a few cuts and bruises. The doctor said it's a miracle that it's not worse...where is everyone else? Are they ok?"
"I don't know. No one is telling me anything. What happened?"
By the time Serena finished telling Amy what happened, Lita and Mina were sitting with them. Lita had a mild concussion and Mina had a few bruised ribs from the car's airbag. A doctor approached them.
"Are you friends of Raye Hino?" he asked.
"Yes." Amy replied.
" I'm Dr. Hipera. Ms. Hino has suffered some internal injuries since the impact of the other cars were mostly inflicted on her. We are still working on her."
"Is she going to be ok?" Mina asked.
"It's too early to tell. I suggest you go home and get some sleep. If you leave a number, I'll make sure you are contacted if her condition changes."
"No-" Lita started.
"You three should go home and get some sleep." Amy said.
"But-" Serena protested.
"No buts. I'll be here. I promise to call if anything happens."
"There is a payphone over there if you would like to call your families." Dr. Hipera said. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to check on your friend's progress."
"Thank you, doctor." Mina spoke up.
Dr. Hipera walked away. He looked at the girls sympathetically.
"I hope their friend is alright."

Ring ring!
The telephone woke Serena out of a deep sleep.
"Huh?" she wondered.
"Serena?" her mother opened the door.
"Yeah, mom?"
"That was Amy. She said take Raye's condition has worsened. Mina's parents are bringing Mina and Lita to the hospital. Do you want me to take you?"
Before her mother had even stopped speaking, Serena had already gotten to the car. Their ride to the hospital was silent. Serena was deep in thought.
'How could this have happened? It wasn't even an enemy we were fighting that did this. It was a stupid car!'
When they arrived, Serena went in the hospital while her mother parked the car.
"What's going on? Is she...?" Serena's voice trailed off as she saw the faces of the other girls. "Oh god no. She isn't... she can't be..."
"She fell into a coma." Lita said softly, looking at the ground. "The doctors... they don't think that she'll ever wake up."
"No.no! They're wrong! Raye is one of the strongest people I know. She'll wake up! She has to!"
Dr. Hipera came into the room. His face was sullen and grave.
"I'm afraid she has gotten even worse. I suggest you all go in to see her. To say your goodbyes." Dr. Hipera quickly turned and left so that the girls wouldn't see the tears in his own eyes. He hated it when he had to tell people that their loved ones would not be coming back. Especially when it involved people so young and so close to the holidays....
"No!" Mina burst out, her eyes welling up. "This wasn't supposed to happen!"
No one knew how to answer her.

Chad sat by Raye's hospital bed. He had not moved from that spot for over an hour. He had not left the room since he got there. When he arrived, Raye's grandpa was there. Now he had left Chad alone there. He knew he had to leave soon so Serena and the others could come in and "say their goodbyes" as the doctors put it, but he was afraid that if he left for even a minute, it would be the last time he saw Raye alive.
"Come on, Raye! You gotta wake up!" his voice shattered the cold, foreboding silence of the room. "Please! I'll do anything! I'll stop humming rock songs! I'll cut my hair! I'd rather be bald then lose you! I...I love you!"
Silence was all that replied to him. A knock on the door startled him.
"Chad?" a soft voice asked. He turned to see Serena, Amy, Lita and Mina standing in the doorway.
"How is she?" Mina asked.
"The same." Chad responded, turning back to Raye. Suddenly, he stood. "I should let you have some time with her. I mean, who knows how long...." his voice cracked. "How long she has left." He backed out the door, not wanting Raye's friends to see how upset he was.
"Mina, why don't you go first?" Serena suggested. Mina nodded.
"We'll be right outside." Lita said, as they went back into the hall, shutting the door.
"Hey, Raye. It's me..."

A little later, it was finally Serena's turn. All the other girls had gone already. She entered the room quietly. She still couldn't believe this had happened. For the first time she actually looked at her best friend. She was hooked up to all sorts of tubes, machines and IVs. She had bruises and cuts over every visible part of her. Serena took a deep breath.
"Hi, Raye. I guess the last person you expected to be here was me. Well, I am here, so I guess I surprised you. I wanted to tell you that I'm not going to let you die without a fight. I mean, if you're gone, who will tease me and call me Meatball Head? And who's going to fight with me? So, you can't leave. You're still needed here. I know it doesn't seem this way sometimes, but your friendship means a lot to me. You challenge me. I'm pretty sure that, if our positions were reversed, you'd be saying the same thing to me. Well, Chad is probably anxiously waiting to come back in. So I'll go let him come back. And I'm not going to say goodbye, because I'm sure you'll be back. So, I'll see you later. Just remember, I still need you. We all do." With that she turned and went back out in the hallway.

"That crash should have killed all of them!" a man in shadow yelled at his red-haired minion. "But only one out of the four was hurt! Now you better go finish what you started, Red Dragon. This is your final chance!"
"Yes, master. I will destroy those Scouts for you. I have already put a spell on Mars so her injuries will not heal. She will be dead within the hour as long as the spell stays in place." Red Dragon said with a slight bow of respect.
"Good. See to it that you do not fail me again!"

Red Dragon sauntered down the hospital corridor. Finally he spotted the Scouts he was looking for. He made his way up to them, until he was close enough for them to hear his whisper.
"Sailor Scouts."
The four girls looked up in surprise.
"How-" Serena started.
"Don't speak! My name is Red Dragon. I am the only one who can help Sailor Mars. Come with me and I tell you what is going on."
The girls looked at each other. They knew it could be a trap, but they wanted to know what the man knew. It was Raye's only chance. They followed him to a large, empty room.
"What do you know about Sailor Mars?" Lita demanded.
"I know that she has been placed under a spell that will kill her." Red Dragon replied.
"How do you know that?" Amy asked.
"Because I am the one who caused the crash. And I am the one who put the spell on her that will kill her. And I am the one that will kill you!" Red Dragon said in a rush. He threw an energy bolt at them. The four girls jumped out of the way.
"We have to transform!" Mina cried.
"Right!" the others agreed.
"Moon Cosmic Power"
"Mercury Crystal Power!"
"Jupiter Crystal Power!"
"Venus Crystal Power!"
The four Scouts stood in front of Red Dragon.
"How dare you harm one of our own in such a vicious manner. I am Sailor Moon, Champion of Love and Justice. And in the name of the moon, I shall punish you!" Sailor Moon gave her usual speech.
"And we are the Sailor Scouts! We will punish you for what you have done!"
"Oh yeah? Well, hit me with all you've got Sailor Brats! You're no match for me!"
"We'll see about that!" Sailor Venus cried.
"Venus Love Chain Encircle!" The attack flew at Red Dragon. He easily dodged it.
"That's it?" he asked in mock disbelief. "You're going to have to do better than that!"
The attacks flew at him, but none caused so much as a dent.
"Sparkling Wide Pressure!"
"Mercury Aqua Rhapsody!"
"Moon Gorgeous Magitation!"
The fight was not going well for the Scouts. Mercury had her computer out, trying to find a weak point.
"I don't get it! I can't find anything!" she cried.
"Keep looking, Mercury! We'll keep him busy!" Sailor Moon said.
The fight continued.
"Nothing's working!" Mina cried.
Finally, Mercury spoke up. "I think I've found it! Only one problem. We need Sailor Mars to defeat him! Fire is his weakness!"
'Oh, Raye! We really need you here!' Lita thought. The others' thoughts were along the same line.
'Raye we need your help!' Mina thought at the same time.
'If only Raye could help us!' was Amy's thought.
'Raye, I told you we still needed you. I wish you were here to help us!' Serena thought mournfully.
'Oh Raye. Please wake up!' in Raye's room, Chad lowered his head and squeezed his eyes shut to try to stop the tears from coming. He didn't notice when a red glow enveloped Raye. Back in the other room, a figure was materializing in the same glow. Then the girls faintly heard a joyous sound.
"Mars Crystal Power!"
A slightly transparent Sailor Mars stood in front of the other Scouts.
"Sailor Mars!" They were shocked. All Raye did was smile at them. Then she turned to Red Dragon who stood rooted to the ground, speechless.
Raye glared at him and set about destroying him.
"Mars Flame Shooter!"
The attack engulfed Red Dragon. All that was left was a pile of ashes.
The four Scouts watched as Mars turned to them and begin to fade away.
"Raye! Don't go!" various pleads came. But still, all she did was smile at them as she faded. When she was gone, the four remaining Scout detransformed and ran all the way to Raye's room. They arrived just in time to see Dr. Hipera and a nurse run into the room.
'Oh no!' Lita thought. When they came to the doorway, they heard Dr. Hipera say, "I can't believe it! Just a moment ago, she was on the brink of death and now her injuries appear to be healing themselves as much as they should be healed from the last two days!"
Raye was wide-awake and sitting up. Chad was holding her hand and her grandpa stood on the other side of her.
"Raye! You're awake!" The girls rushed forward.
"Of course I am. It's not that easy to get rid of me." Raye said weakly.
A little while later, Dr. Hipera and nurse had left with Mr. Hino to go over some paperwork. The girls and Chad stayed with Raye. They chatted for a while, then they got to talking about what they had said to Raye while she was in the coma.
"I could hear you. It helped me pull through." she admitted.
"Um...could you hear what I said?" Chad asked sheepishly.
"Yes, and I'm holding you to that haircut. Well...at least your bangs." Raye replied with a small grin.
"Oh, yeah, um...I'll go now." he nervously said. He hadn't been talking about the haircut. He leaned down and lightly kissed her on her cheek.
"I love you, too." she whispered in his ear. He looked at her, surprised. Then the surprise turned to joy. He left the room and headed toward the barbershop.
"We should probably leave too. You need some rest." Amy said, herding the other three girls toward the door after they each gave Raye a hug. Serena was the last to move towards the door.
"Serena?" Raye called to her.
Serena turned to look at the priestess.
"Thank you."
"For what?" Serena asked.
"For believing in me. For not saying 'goodbye' "
"Anytime Raye." Serena said with a smile. Then she left the room, quietly shutting the door.

"Red Dragon failed me. Not only did he almost reveal our entire project with his conceited attitude, but he even failed to dispose of Sailor Mars in her weakened state. Now it's your turn, Yellow Dragon. Do not fail me as your brother has. Now go!"
"Yes, Lord Enchanter. I will not fail."