Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Completely Hopeless ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Completely Hopeless

 

Chapter 3

 

Serena's POV

 

Oh my god. My grades have been increasing. Yahoo! That's nice. Now I can print out a fake report card and give it to my parents and show it to my friends. We could have more of this buddy, buddy studies, which are never really that helpful. And I could get scolded for not showing some freaking effort!

 

Well, I don't wish to show them my real grades. They're just going to yell at me anyways, why not have the same lecture? I walked up to the temple where Ami told me we were supposed to meet about some new enemy. Heh, another one. Well this is beginning to be entertaining. Maybe this time I wouldn't have to take shit from them, I hope.

 

"Don't you guys think Serena's been acting weird?" I heard Rei say as I stay outside the door listening in to the conversation. I did my best so they wouldn't see my shadow.

 

"If she has it's no use going into that space case head of hers. You could get lost," Rini said. Well shows how much your own flesh and future blood think about you. I wonder if she would still think of me that way when she goes back to the future.

 

"Don't be hard on Serena. I'm sure she's just going through something. She'll be fine. Now that you mention it, I haven't seen her in a couple days. She hasn't been hanging around much," I heard Darien. What the hell is he doing here? I bet Rini brought him here. Is that what he thinks I am? Always hanging around? So what? Am I really that much of a bother?

 

"Yeah maybe going through a major personality change. She yelled at me."

 

"You two always argue Rini, that's nothing any different," Mina said.

 

"I know but this time she got grounded and had to do a lot of chores. She even said something that her mom had to make it even more. I don't remember what it was."

 

"You guys we shouldn't be talking like this. She is still a friend and I'm sure she'll be alright," Ami spoke. Good ol Ami, you can always depend on her.

 

"Why are you always defending her? I mean she's always doing stupid things and is like failing everything! Plus she's late again after we told her an early time she's still late for the real time." Rei spoke again.

 

I think it's time that I make my flashy entrance. I opened the door and everyone looked my way. I saw their surprised and scared faces. They were hiding that fact that they were frightened that I might do something. I showed them my goofy smile that I do so well and my very old phrase.

 

"Sorry I'm late guys. I was held up. So what are you doing here Darien? You usually never come here for meetings," I asked just standing there leaning against the door. I didn't bother to walk over to him. He seems kinda offended. Well that comes to show how he really feels. I know that he doesn't want me hanging all over him in front of them to anyone for that matter. He's always brushing me off. I think he does find me annoying. And even when we talk he doesn't even listen. I guess he prefers to be by himself as always. Mother, I ask, why did you even let us be reborn?

 

"We were just waiting for you Serena. They told me to come by because this seems to be a need to know basis," Darien explained.

 

Oh a need to know basis? Why is it so important that you people are talking behind my back?

 

I wanted to voice that out but refrained from doing so. It wouldn't be proper. They would know I was listening outside.

 

"Well now that you're here we could begin," Rei said as the all turned to facing the center. I would be there too but Rini is taking up my spot. So I just idly stand where I am. I noticed that they were all looking at me. I looked at them and blinked owlishly.

 

"Yes?" I said.

 

"Aren't you going to sit down Serena?" Makoto asked.

 

"Oh no that's okay. I'm sure this'll be very brief and I have some new chores to do again afterwards so it's okay." I said assuring them. They looked at each other before shrugging and continuing. I didn't bother to listen seeing how pointless it was so I just tune out. They will just pin it on my stupid brain anyways.

 

When they were finished I nodded at their saying, it's the same pep talk, something I hate listening to, and I left. Simple as that. Again I looked behind me seeing if I was being followed. I narrowed my eyes trying to scare off anyone that was because they make noise and that usually gives them away. When I didn't hear any I turned back around and continued home. I still have that feeling like someone's following me. So I had to know who it was. I walked over to the park and sat down on the bench. It was secluded and everyone was gone. I waited a few moments and let out a breath.

 

"Come out. I know you're following me," I said clearly. I heard shuffling of the feet and turned around to see the same man who gave me back my test. I wanted to laugh out loud but I abstained it and just gave out a small smile. I motioned for him to sit by me. He took it and sat down.

 

It was blissful silence for a while. Actually I didn't mind it. It was comforting and I feel like I could be sleeping right now. I don't know why his presence feels so friendly. Unconsciously I laid my head on his shoulder. What am I doing? Someone would see me like this. But I didn't move and he didn't seem to mind.

 

"You're boyfriend might get mad at us," he said.

 

"Yes," I mused, "he would." I said. I didn't care if Darien saw us. He could just go to heaven for all I care. We went back into that silence again. It was comforting with him, much more that with Darien. I wondered why. Are my thoughts drifting off to someone else? Is it because I can't feel anything more for the others?

 

"Is there something you wish to talk about?" I asked. There had to be a reason why he was following me.

 

"I don't know." He answered.

 

"Well that's not really an answer. It's just a simple question. It's not like I'm going to hate you for it."

 

"It's complicated."

 

"Okay then if you ever need to talk just come and find me. I'm sure you know how. My name's Serena Tsukino and you are?"

 

"I'm…Yukito." I smiled.

 

"It's nice to meet you Yukito. Do you wish to have some snack with me?" I asked standing up and holding out a hand to him He just looked at me. Surprise was clearly written on his face. Even with the sunglasses on I can tell. After a few seconds of nothing he grasped my hand and stood up.

 

"Thank you."

 

----------------------------

 

Setsuna looked around. She was trying to spot something that seemed reasonable. Everything seemed to be in place. Nothing was happening. But she came back because something definitely was going to happen. Someone attacking her as she was guarding the gates of time was something weird. The man was able to get through and she traced it to this time. Surprisingly it was when the others got their ultimate powers. She wondered why he would come to where there would be a challenge. Setsuna walked in the direction of where she figured the outer scouts would be. She just needed a place to stay for the time being.

 

----------------------------

 

I smiled at Yukito's naivety to the world. But he was learning quickly. He was like a little child but knew very well. In fact I just found out he's good at games. And this…

 

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

 

Is a bad time for a youma to appear! I told Yukito to wait there as I sprinted off to a hiding place and transformed. Damn I'm starting to hate these frilly skirts. They're just begging me to get raped.

 

"Hold it you monster!" I cried out and skipped the speech I'm sure everyone's tired of hearing by now. Oh great here come the cocky attitudes and the throwing of objects and some corny jokes. I just retaliated and fought back. I'm not weak nor am I that vulnerable. Just because I'm always the last to attack because my weapons are always useless as they can't destroy. They can only do that if the enemy is weakened. I would have to call that a handicap.

 

I'm tired of being the damsel in distress. Of course it was them time where I was flung back. I waited for the impact of a hard wall hitting my back but it never came. Not again, why am I always being saved? I don't need it. I fought to be put down and I did.

 

"Go away Darien I don't need your help," I said coldly hoping it'll just drive him away.

 

"Who said I was Darien?"

 

Oh my god.

 

It was just Yukito. Now I'm really busted. I'm such a screw up. I already revealed my identity. If he could put the puzzle pieces together it's useless. Maybe that's why they always think I need help. It's because I'm always screwing up. I guess that's why they're always mad at me right? Before I could give a very quick one second explanation, I find him gone. Then I looked and saw him charge at the monster with lightning speed and destroy it with one swing.

 

Wow, he's powerful.

 

Suddenly the others come pouring in. Well they're a little late. I then noticed that Yukito was gone. Looking around I noticed he was in the crowd. I looked confused. He just nodded his head and pointed to the youma now lying dead in ashes. I understood. He wanted me to take the credit. But why? Is someone after him? I quickly turned my attention to my friends. They kept telling me a great job and some other sarcastic comments, from Rei, that I actually learned how to think. Wow big news there. I learned how to think just last week. And thinking made me realize that I can do better.

 

I just said nothing. After all it was pointless to try and prove them wrong. At the corner of my eye…I thought I saw Setsuna. But maybe it was just my imagination. I decided to leave and change back so I could finish this outing with my friend. He's much better than these people.

 

TBC-----------------------

 

Kinshin: Well there's chapter 3! Thanks for your reviews and visits!

 

Like it? Review! NO FLAMESS!!!