Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Completely Irresistible ❯ That Fateful Night ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: This is a flash back chapter and it's kinda long. Sorry. Yes you will finally get to know what happened. Someone has successfully guessed it. Partially anyways. This story is finished now so i'll be posting chapters whenever i remember too hehe. Hope you like it. Thank you for the review ^_~

Completely Irresistible

By Serenity Star *

Chapter 6- That Fateful Night

Serena looked around and had no idea what was going on. Why was she here? What happened ? As soon as Darien walked in, Serena was scared to death. She didn't remember anything. The first thing that came to her mind was to look under the covers. Lucky for her that her clothes were still on. Thank god she still had her clothes on.

Darien walks over and sits on the bed near the confused girl. Serena backed away afraid of what happened "Dont worry we didn't... you know." His voice was so calm, so gentle, it was soothing.

"Why am I in your room?" she say looking around then putting her hand on her head.

"Well im not sure you want to hear it." He says looking at the frighten girl who was looking a bit sick.

"Please can you talk in a low voice." She says taking a deep breath and trying keep from just passing out.

" Sorry." Serena looked at him. There was something different about him. Suddenly he looked different. He had a look she couldn't make out. It was something she never saw in him before. Then it hit her. It was a look of contentment. You can see in his eyes that he was happy.

She turned away and took deep breaths " Ok why wouldn't i want to hear what happened."

"I dont exactly think that you would think of it as good news."

"Just tell me."

"Brace your self." He pauses as he waits for her to get comfortable. "Last night or rather early this morning...." Serena just looked at him turning away from her. "We kind of .... got married." Darien turns to look at her and saw that she was motionless. She just stared at one spot on the ground. She was in shock. After a few seconds she blinked, a few times tears came running down her face.

All of the sudden she screamed her heart out. Letting her face fall on to the pillow she started to cry. She then looks up at Darien "You cant be serious! Your joking right !?! Please tell me your joking!"Darien looked away from her not wanting her to see the truth in his face. She then sat up."Well you know we can get a divorce. Then all this will be over and done with." He still didn't look at her but she could tell something was wrong. "What? What are you not telling me?"

"Its not that simple."

"Why not?"

"Well we would most likely have to go under inspection."

Serena was trying so hard to think clearly when thousands of thoughts flew through her head. "Why would an inspection be nessessary?"

He then starts not really wanting to tell the truth. "Well you see im not quite..."

"Not quite what?" Serena says anxiously

"A U.S citizen." Serena just sat with her eyes planted on the covers. " I was born in England."

"Ok so why is it such a big deal that we would go under inspection?"

" Well you know the whole citizenship thing. I married you to stay in the country and get citizenship. If we got divorced it would make us look suspicious."

" They will see that it was a mistake and.." Serena saw the look on his face and paused. "What is it?"

"Well they wont really believe us. I just happened to be an alien who marries an american and figured out it was a mistake after wards. Its not all that believable and if they do find out that we are faking it then they can deport me."

"Well do you really see that as a problem?"

"Not for me."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well naturally since you are my wife by law and will not permit a divorce, then its only customary that ....you go with me." Serena sat there in disbelief. This couldn't be. There was no way out?

(AN: Look i know there is not actually a law like that but it new and its my story, so use your imaginations ok)

"So wait how long before it wont be so suspicious?"

Darien looked at the floor. "Six months." Six months six whole months married to him. She couldn't do it. She would most likely kill him first. This wasn't good for her. She had a hangover and bad news wasn't making it better. She laid her head down on the pillow and took deep breaths.

"Ok so this will be over in six months?"

"If you want it to be." Serena looked into his eyes. What did he mean if she wanted. Didn't he want it to be over?

She just snuggled into his bed. His smell was on the pillow, like being in a garden of roses. It was very calming and helped her get her head straight. She looked up at him. He was looking at her funny again but this time it was an adoring look. He never gave her that look before.

Serena sighs "Ok well since were stuck in this i have a question. Do you remember anything that happened?"

"Yes. I remember everything."

"Will you tell me?"

"Well get comfortable and i'll start at the beginning." Serena snuggles up with his pillow while he leaded against the head board looking down at her, then he started to tell the story.

*~*~*~*~*~*~* Earlier that day *~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Serena and Darien were in their limo having a good time.They were drinking the whole way home. Laughing they arrive in Vegas again.

"You know what i dont want to sleep yet." Darien said stuttering.

"Me neither lets go gamble or what ever." Serena said while taking yet another glass of champagne. The two were looking out the window for a good place to go lose all their money. Then they saw a casino that looked like fun and told the driver to stop. They get out of the car with their wedding clothes all a mess. Serena looks at Darien "You look like crap. I cant walk in there with you."

"Well now look whose the snob. I wouldn't be talking if i were you." he said as he pointed to her dress. Serena looks at herself then grabs Darien's arm. They step back into the limo and straightened themselves the best they could, which amazingly they looked presentable. They walked into the casino with so elegence. They made a cute couple, waving to people they didnt know and saying hi to everyone. Surprisingly no one thought they were drunk, only that they were incredibly nice people. Darien then sits down at a black jack table with Serena behind him.

He threw money on the table and asked for chips. When he got his chips he bet it all. All ten thoudsand dollars worth." Deal me in." The dealer looked at Darien like he was crazy but figured he was another high roller. Darien then turned to Serena. "How about a kiss?" She smiles and gives him a in-your-dreams look. He then gives her puppy dog eyes "Please for luck." Serena couldn't say no then, so she gave him a light peck on the cheek and the cards were dealt. His top card was a nine. He lifts up his bottom card slightly and then looks at the dealer "Hit me" The dealer gave him a three. He motions his hand to say that he was staying. The dealer hit and had twenty. Flipping over his cards there was another nine under there. Darien had twenty one and he won. Serena screamed with joy.

"You won. But your your so stupid you had eighteen why did you hit."

"You gave me a good luck kiss i couldn't lose then." They took his winnings and walk over to the craps table. Then for the longest time Darien was on fire. He was throwing those dice like no one would believe. The guards were getting suspicious.

All of the sudden an extremely rude guy comes up to Serena and gives her a smile. "Hi. Whats your name?" This guys was so disgusting, one of those guys that your parents warn you about.

"Not-A-Chance." Serena say looking at him like he was crazy.

"O fiesty i like that. You know i have a suite at the Mirage why dont you leave the casino with me." Darien caught a glance of the guy hitting on Serena and he didn't like it. Serena just looked away from the guy " Come on. Ok then why dont you give me your number and i'll call you sometime." Serena couldn't stand it anymore. He wreaked of cheap cologne, booze, and he wasn't to charming.

"Get lost." She says pushing him away from her but the guy wouldn't get the clue and kept trying, finally Darien had enough.

"Look if you dont stop pestering my date your going to force me to do something that wont be to good for you." Serena stood behind him nodding her head smugly.

The guy backed away " Hey man i didn't know." the guy walked away and everyone at the table cheered.

A lady turns to Serena "O isn't that cute. Dont you let him go sweetheart he's a keeper." Serena smiled at her and then the lady's husband spoke "So how long have you two been married?"

Serena laughed "O he's not my husband."

"Well you two make such a cute couple." The lady pauses and smiles " You know there are hundreds of different chapels in Vegas. If you two ever decide to tie the knot, this would be the perfect place to do it."

Darien turns to Serena " Ok have you had enough gambling. My arms getting tired." She nod and said good bye to the couple. They walked past a shop and Serena couldn't resist. She took Darien's arm and dragged him into the store. She saw so many beautiful dresses and grabbed a couple. She was trying them on for Darien giving him his own little fashion show. All the dresses looked so good on her. Then she walked out of the dressing room in a long white silk dress. It made her look as if she were an angel that fell from heaven."I think you should get that one." Serena smiles and told the lady to ring it up and they walked out of the casino. Serena was giggling. Darien turns to look at her hugging his arm and smiling "Did you have another drink with out me?"

Serena smiled looking up at him "Yes, but thats not why i'm laughing."

"Then what is it?"

"You know that couple at the table?"

"Yea what about them?"

"Well they thought." She pauses to giggle "They thought we were married." They burst out into laughter. "I know they said we make a good couple." They just laugh making their way out of the casino. "and they said you were a good catch."

Darien stopped laughing after he realized it was an insult "Hey i am a good catch."

"Yea ok whatever you say."

"What? You dont think i would be a good husband?"

"Well your not the marrying type. You can't even keep a steady girlfriend."

"Yes i can and I could get married if i wanted to." He said so defensively. He then starts to tickle her. "Say that i would make a good husband."

Serena gave in. Tickling was her weakness. Through her laughter she manages to say "Ok you would be a very good husband. There are you happy."

"Yes I am."

Serena was still hanging on Darien's arm. Looking around she smiled "You know they were right though. If i were going to get married i'd do it here. Not a big wedding just a little gathering of friends at one of the cute little chapels."

"Well according to tradition you will be the next to get married. You caught the bouquet."

"I did didn't I. I Should be the next one married. O it would drive all the girls at the club crazy if i got married before them." They continue to walk and laugh.

"Yea imagine if we were married that would really show then up." Then all of the sudden Serena stopped laughing. It was a serious moment then. Well excluding the fact that they were drunk.

"Hey yea." Serena says as if she just had an epiphany. "All those snobby girls would be so mad. I like making them mad."

"Yea and it would crush my rep. I finally settled down. The party life just isn't exciting anymore and all those girls would leave me alone. I hate being followed by a mob of girls. They always grab me." Darien turns to Serena and he looked down at her with a devilish look on his face. "Hey why dont we do it? Why dont we get married?" He says looking at her as seriously as he could.

"What?" Serena thought he was crazy.

"Yea that would be the ultimate thing."

Serena just stand there a while then looks up "Yea you know that would be the ultimate thing. It would make all the girls jealous. It would totally piss Amanda off. O i hate her so much. I would love to piss her off. Why do you want to be married?"

"To get me a new rep. Being a desired man is hard. I can't party all my life. I'm to old to party all night and look good the next morning."

Serena giggles "Your twenty-four how hard could it be?" Darien smiles while Serena laughs

"Geez why don't we do it."She says sarcastically.

Darien looks at her and smiles "Yea why not?" He gets down on one knee and tries not to fall over. He held her hands in his and looked up into her big sapphire eyes "Serena Will you marry me?"

Serena looked at him and laughed "Stop that! Get up your embarrasing me."

"Come on. We need a challenge." Serena looks away and smiles. "Come on." He gives her the puppy dog eyes again.

Serena smiles "Alright lets go. I'm supposed to be married next and i'm going to keep the tradition alive."

Darien smiles and gets up "Great! We're getting married." They both pause to think "What do we do now?"

"I don't know. I said yes, i did my part."

"Ok i guess we pick a wedding chapel. Where do you want to go?"

"I saw this little white chapel on TV. We can go there."

"Ok what was it called?"

"A Little White Chapel."

"Ok."

"Wait! We cant do this!" Serena says making Darien stop in his tracks.

"Why?" He wondered if she had second thoughts.

"What about the girls they would be pist if i get married without them there."

"We'll call them and tell them to meet us there."

"Ok" They run to the limo and told the driver to go to the chapel. They call the girls at the hotel but they weren't there so they called the limo. It turns out they were out on the town themselves. Serena could hear all the commotion in the background. They were drunk off their asses too. Rei picked up the phone.

"HELLO!"

"REI!?"

"SERENA? HEY YOU GUYS SHUT UP IT'S SERENA." the noise settled down a little." Im going to put you on speaker."

"Hi everyone."

All in unison "Hi Serena."

"You guys where are you right now?"

"We are in driving past the Luxor." Lita says looking out the window.

"You guys i have something very important to tell you."

"What?"

"Darien and i are getting married!" The next thing you hear is all the girls screaming. " I know! Crazy right! We want you guys to come."

"Of course. Where is it?"

"A Little White Chapel."

"Ok we'll be there."

"OK get there as soon as you can." They hang up the phone and were all yelling. Serena was getting married! They were so excited they got there before the bride and groom. Serena and Darien arrive a little after they do. The girls were jumping up and down outside the chapel. Serena then pushes Darien out of the limo.

"I dont think thats anyway to treat you future husband." Darien says falling out.

"I have to change and you cant see me till the ceremony so go get everything set." He smiles at her and did as he was told, like a good husband should. The girls jumped into the limo and helped her. All you could hear was a bunch of giggling and some yelling on Rei's part. They managed to give Serena the usual wedding traditions. You know something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue. Darien on the other hand went inside and made all the arrangements. All the guys were congradulating him and wishing him good luck. Greg rans to the limo and tells the girls to be ready in ten minutes. They rushed to fixing Serena hair, placing the flowers back in place and make up since it faded during the night. Luckily for her that new dress she bought was perfect for the occasion. She put on and the girls got out of the limo and made their way to the chapel.

Now it was time. The room was filled with white roses and gardinias. Candles were lit and everything was so perfect.The music started and the girls walked down the aisle first, then the bridal chorus started and Serena walked in. She was beautiful. Fortunately, Greg brought his camera and took pictures of everything. Serena walked up to Darien and their arms intertwined. Some where deep down inside they wanted this. They walk up to the alter together and the priest started the ceremony. "Dearly beloved we are gathered here today to join these two in holy matrimony. If anyone can state any reason why these two should not be wed. Speak now or forever hold your peace."There was a quick pause and then he continued "Alright then. Darien do you take Serena to love, honor, and cherish in sickness and in health, for rich or for poor, for better or for worse till death do you part."

Darien looks at Serena with adoring eyes. "I do"

"And do you Serena take Darien to love, honor, and cherish in sickness and in health, for rich or for poor, for better or for worse till death do you part."

Serena smiles and you can hear the girls crying in the background. "I do"

The preist smiles at them "The ring please." Serena and Darien just looked at each other. They forgot the rings. Darien quickly grabs into his pocket and pulls out an old gum wrapper in his pocket and folds it nicely and puts it on her finger. (Hey its shiny and silver it will do) Serena smiles at him and giggles. The priest then continued "By the power vested in me by the state of Nevada I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride. Ladies and gentle men i give you Mr. and Mrs. Darien Shield."

Serena and Darien have a big smile on their face. Darien put his arms around Serena's slender waist and pulls her close to him Lean in towards each other and kiss. It was their first true kiss. It was so passionate and yet to quick. They smile at their friends who jumped toward them. They walk out so happy for them. Serena and Darien were led by the photographer to a little area set up for wedding pictures. There was a little arch of flowers and the background was white. Serena had to do some by herself then Darien by himself but nothing compared to when they were together. They were so happy when they were togehter. Usually the photographer would make the pose but Serena and Darien didn't have to do as the photographer said they made the poses themselves. Serena rested her head on Dariens chest and he put his arms around her. Then they would look at each other so lovingly. The only thing that the photographer told them to do was kiss. This time is wasn't so weird for them. It came so naturally and it was a beautiful picture. Serena had her arms around Darien's neck while his were around her waist. Her hair and vail floated it the breeze and they kissed so intensly. All the other pictures were great to but this one wiped them all out. They went to the counter to pick up their envelope. In it it had their pictures and their marrage licence. Afterwards they all get into their limos and went to a really nice restaraunt. You know everything is open twenty four-seven in Vegas. They all celebrated and greg took the pictures. Serena and Darien dancing. Them cutting a little cake. Their arms intertwined while they drank their champagne. It was actually really nice. Yet you couldn't tell by the pictures that they were still a little intoxicated.

Some how the girls managed to get Serena a garder for Darien to throw. From the middle of the dance floor Serena threw the bouquet of flowers she bought at the chapel.(O and dont you want to know who caught it.) Everything was very nice. It was now seven in the morning and they haven't been to sleep yet. All the girls and guys were scattered thoughout the restaraunt. They were the only ones in there this early. Yet Serena and Darien continued to dance. With her head leaning on his chest they glided across the floor. Her hands were on his chest and his arms were wrapped around her. Darien looks down at her hand and saw the gum wrapper still there."You know when we get back i'll get you a real ring. I promise."

"I dont need a ring." She says as she snuggles up to him. She was so different from her original self. When she was under the influence she was caring and sweet. Its like all of her hidden emotions came out.

"Yes you do. No wife of mine is going to go diamondless." Serena smiles at him and then Richard Marx's 'Now and Forever' came on came on and Serena rested her head back on Darien.

"I love this song."

"Then this will be our wedding song." They danced forever While the song played.

When ever i'm weary from the battles that rage in my head

You make sense of madness when my sanity hangs by a tread

I lose my way but still you seem to understand

Now and Forever i will be your man

Serena looks into his eyes "Darien can i ask you something?"

"You can ask me anything." He says as he pulls her closer.

"Do you regret meeting me?"

"Never. I never regret a moment i spend with you." He says as Serena smiles.

Sometimes i just hold you to caught up in me to see

I'm holding a fortune that heaven has given to me

I'll try to show you each and every way i can

Now and Forever i will be your man

"Even though i messed up your life?"

"What are you talking about. You didn't mess up my life."

"Before you knew me you were perfectly happy with your many girls friends and parties. Now your married."

"I was never really happy with that life. Serena if i could go back and do it all over again i would do it the exact same way. Besides deep down inside i knew that the party life would have to end."

Now i can rest my worries and always be sure

That i wont be alone anymore

If i'd only known you were there all the time

All this time

Darien looks at Serena still a little sad. He raises her chin so that her eyes met his "Serena I don't see meeting you as a bad thing. It was acutally a blessing. I guess you can say you saved me from a life of endless drinking and partying." He says smiling then continues " That's a life i don't want."

"I saved you. I don't believe it."

"Well believe it cause thats the effect you have on me." Darien kissed her lightly on the head and Serena smiles resting her head back on Darien's chest.

Until the day the ocean doesn't touch the sand

Now and forever i will be your man

Now and forever i will be your man

All the workers in the restaraunt had to stop and take a second to look at them. They looked so good together. A half concious Greg ruined the moment by taking a picture, bringing everyone back to life. They then get up. Serena and Darien looked at all the zombies trying to stand.

"I think we need to get back to the hotel im going to pass out in this place if we dont." Mina says leaning on Andrew. So they all nod and get into the limos were Serena fell asleep leaning on Darien. When they arrived at the hotel. Darien didn't want to wake her. So like he did once before, he carried her all the way to the room. He even walked over the threshold carrying Serena. He placed her gently on the bed and tucked her in. She was so beautiful when she slept. So angelic with her hair acting like her own sun rays. He took off his shoes and laid down next to her. Putting his arms around her he could smell the sweet scent of vanilla on her. She didn't seem to mind being so close to him. It eased him to sleep knowing that she was there.

*~*~*~*~*~*~* End flash back *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The story ended with Darien's voice narrating. Suddenly she remembered everything. She remembered the feeling of happiness and security she felt with him. It was strange having all these new feelings and outlooks. So much changed in twenty four hours. She laid there in the bed and pulled the blanket up to her chin.

"This morning i went for a walk to sort everything out." He said looking down at her. "That's why i'm all collected right now."

"I am never going to drink ever again." It was the only thing she could say. Darien picks up the envelope that they got from the chapel and sits down.

"I didn't open it. I figured you would want to do it." He gets up and starts to walk out the door.

"Wait. Where are you going?"

"I'm going to meet some friends in the lounge."

"We've been married for only a few hours and your already cheating on me."

"No. I told you i want a new life and i meant it. Besides i would never cheat. I not that bad a person." He smiles and continues " I'm meeting the guys."

"Since when are they nice to you?"

"Ever since last night. I guess marrying you meant that i wouldn't go after their girls, so they like me now." Serena smiles. "Why my dear wife was that a smile?"

She looked at him with a grin. "Well my dear husband, since you are up, would you mind getting your poor wife some of those really strong asprins?" He nods and leaves. He comes back a little later with a glass of water and some pills. He helps her up and gives her the pills, then the water. She lays back down and snuggles in.

"You should get some rest now. You look tired." He says stroking her hair. "Stay here as long as you want." He then kisses her forehead and then leaves. Surprisingly it was different now for them. She didn't draw back at his touch. He wasn't as arrogent as he usually was.(he still was but hey Rome wasn't built in a day) Serena then fell asleep in his bed and didn't wake up for a while. It was night and Serena still wasn't awake so the girls walked into Dariens room to look for her. They walk into the suite peaking around. It was very nice and pretty big for only one person. They open the door to the bed room and see Serena sleeping. Their mumbling woke her up.

Yawning she looks up "O hi guys. You can come in you know." They all pile on the bed beside Serena. "Wow last night was crazy."

"Yea the wedding was beautiful." Amy said not looking at Serena.

"Yea both of them." Mina adds.

Serena then gives a heavy hearted sighs "Why didn't you guys stop me?"

"Well you know you were intoxicated, we were intoxicated, we really didn't know what was going on." Lita says trying to comfort her.

"O come on. It can't be that bad being married to Darien i mean look at him the guy is hot." Rei says assertively. "Which means you two will have pretty babies."

"Yea i mean --opps." Mina says sitting on the envelope.

"Whats that?" Serena then takes it from Mina. "O these are the pictures from last night."

"Well dont just sit there open it!" Rei demanded. Serena opens the envelope and pulled out the marrage licence. It was nice. It actually looked really nice. She then pulled out a flower. It was in her hair when she was walking down the aisle. Last was the pictures. They were really good. Serena looked beautiful. Even though it was early morning. All the girls looked at them and all went 'awww'. Serena and Darien looked so happy together. They looked so comfortable with each other. In all of the pictures Serena and Darien both were smiling. Then the last picture in the pile was the one of Serena and Darien kissing. It looked so passionate. It looked so natural like it was meant to be that way. All the girls just sat on the bed staring at the picture.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*

Sorry that was so long but you had to know what happened. If you think thats the end it not. There is more. Lets just say they aren't happy for so long. O i think i said to much! O and i dont know if you noticed but the what the priest said is not actually what they say in real life. I tried to get as close to it as possible though. I had to put the lyrics to the Richard Marx song in there it seemed to fit the moment. I hope you enjoyed it! This is what i'll give you for the next chapter the past is revealed. ^_~

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* @~~{~~~~~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*