Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Crippled Love ❯ Finding Out ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Crippled Love

by: aPpLeOrChArDgUrL

Rated: Pg

Started On: January 2, 2003

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon.

Summary: Serena got hurt in an accident, so now she's in a wheelchair. How is she supposed to get around? Her friends and family can't be there all the time, so what else can you do but hire someone. Serena then has an encounter with her helper's brother. Read to find out more.

Author's Note: I'm going to use the dub names once again, but I'm going to change their last names. Please send in some reviews. No flames.

****Prologue****

Half a dozen people waited impatiently in the waiting room. They had been waiting there for awhile now. Then out came a nurse with a clip board.

"Is Serena alright?" asked a raven haired girl.

"She's stable right now. You are all family?" she asked, pointing to everyone. "No, they are her family," said a blonde, pointing to the three Carsons sitting together, "we are her friends."

"Well, only family can see her right now. The doctor will be right out to tell you more about her condition," said the nurse. Then she turned around and went back into the emergency room. A few minutes later, a doctor emerged from those doors.

Everyone stood up as she entered the room. "Serena is okay for now, but the accident left her crippled. Only temporary though. She won't be able to walk for awhile. I suggest that you hire a helper for her," suggested the doctor, who looked tired.

"Can you give us a list of people? We've never been in this position before," said Mr. Carson. "I recommend Mr. Harris. He's a great therapist. With his help, Serena will regain her strength in no time. I can ask him if he would like the job. I'll be right back," said the doctor.

"Can you belive it? Serena crippled? I mean, she was always healthy and cheerful. Now she's ...she's .... oh god," sobbed the raven haired girl, also known as Rei Johnson."How did it happen?" asked a brunette. She, like the others had been called to the hospital.

"She was driving home, when a...when a truck came out of nowhere. That's all we know. You have to ask Serena for herself, Lita," said Mrs. Carson. "We begged her to stay because of the storm. She said that she had to get to work. I should of made her stay," said a male voice.

"Don't blame this on yourself, Sammy. How could we know that this would happen," said Mr. Carson, trying to calm his wife and reassure his son that it wasn't his fault.

Just then the doctor reappeared. "You can see Serena now, but only family. Here's the information on Mr. Harris, Mr. Carson," said the doctor, handing him the piece of paper. "Did he....." the sound of Mr. Carson's voice faded out, as they walked towards Serena's room.

*********

"Oh you guys. We need to help Serena. Now she can't even walk," exclaimed a blue haired girl. "You're right Ami. We could throw her a small party," said the blonde. "Not like that Mina," said the other three girls.

"What Ami means is that we should help Serena out. You know, drop by every now and then. That way she won't be stuck all day with that Mr. Harris guy." said Lita. "Yeah. Just like she did for us. Remember when I---" Rei was cut off by Mina's whining.

Everyone looked at the blonde. "Can't you see that I was talking Mina?" shouted Rei. "Excuse me, but this is a hospital. You need to lower your voice." pointed out the receptionist. Rei gave her a glare, and the lady backed off.

"I just wanted to throw Serena a small party. She did that for us," complained Mina. "Correction, she did it for you," said Lita,"after begging her to death." she said the rest of the sentence under her breath. Mina didn't seem to hear though.

"Fine. We'll throw her the _small_ party. I need to get back to work. My shift is about to start," said Ami, looking at her watch. She worked at another hospital in Boston.

"Yeah. I'm needed at my restaurant. After all, I'm the head cook," said Lita, gathering her things. "I need to get back to the studio, too," said Rei. She was a hit singer. "Yeah, me too. Modeling awaits," chirped Mina. The four of them made their way to the elevator.

'Sometimes I wonder who's worse, Serena or Mina,' thought Ami, Rei, and Lita.

****Serena's Room****

"Oh my god," gasped Ilene(Mrs.Carson).

Tubes and other medical looking stuff (I not good at describing things like this, so bare with me.) ran thoughout Serena's body. They could see bandages around her legs, scars on her arm and everywhere else.

"It's a miracle she didn't suffer amnesia. She's very lucky. Other patients would of had no chance at living. As I said before, her injuries are temporary. She's very strong," commented the doctor.

"Thank you. Could we have a moment alone with Serena?" asked Mr. Carson. "Sure. If she needs anythign, or you do, just call me. I'm Dr. Michaels."

Ken just nodded. Dr. Michaels left the room. Ilene sat down by the bed, holding Serena's hand. "Wake up Serena. Wake up for mommy," begged Ilene. Ken walked up behind her and put his hand on her shoulders. Sammy stood next to them.

Ilene felt Serena's hand move. Then her eyes fluttered opened. "Mom...Dad.....Sa..Sammy," croaked out Serena. "It's us Serena. Tell us what happened," begged Ken. "I don't remember. All I remember is a big truck crashing in to me. After that, all I saw was white," said Serena.

"Don't worry. You'll remember soon. Your just in shock," said Ilene. "Yeah, you'll remember soon, meatball head. You are twenty six years old," joked Sammy. "You should rest Serena," said Ken.

"I feel fine. What's wrong? how badly am I hurt?" asked Serena, seeing the pained faces. All she got was silence and sobs. "Mommy, what's wrong with me?" asked Serena once again.

Then she took a look at her surroundings. She was in a hospital. Then she looked at herself. She saw her legs all bandaged up, and scars everywhere. Then realization hit her.

"Am I crippled?" she asked. There was no answer. "Tell me. Am I _crippled_?" she shouted. Then she got an answer. "Well...uh.... yes, but....not permanently," said her nother, between sobs.

"What your mother is trying to say is that you are crippled, but permanently. You should regain your strength soon. We have hired a helper for you. Some kind of therapist. He will be helping you during this period of time," said Ken.

"And what if I don't regain my strength?" asked Serena in a whisper. "Don't think that! You will, Serena. You are strong," said Sammy.

**********************

What do you think? Do you like? Send reviews please. The next chapters will be better, I hope.