Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Crystal Princess: The Saga of The Crystal Sailors ❯ The Ultimate Sacrifice ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kurisutaru Ohimesama: Ano Buyudan No Ano Kurisutaru Sera
 
Crystal Princess: The Saga of The Crystal Sailors
 
When faced with an unknown threat from a new and dangerous enemy, Tsukino Usagi must risk all to save her friends, even expose her identity as Sailor Moon, can she prevail, or shall this perhaps be her final fight?
 
EPISODE 02: "THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE"
 
By crystalknight at copper dot net
Penname: The Crystal Knight
AIM: Eccadairius
Edited By: Loki
website: www dot crystalsailors.com
 
Rated: PG-13
Based On: The Original Series "Crystal Sailors"
 
Notes: This takes place after Sailor Moon R and 'Sailor Moon
Universal' written by Jendra.
 
EPISODE TWO: THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE
 
 
Tuxedo Kamen -- flanked by the Sailor Senshi -- carrying Sailor Moon in his arms, arrived at the Hikawa Shrine in no time at all.
 
"Where do we put her?"
 
"Come with me," Mars said, directing Kamen to the spare bed in the guestroom where he set the unconscious form of their leader upon the soft mattress.
 
"Will she be okay?" Jupiter asked as Mercury produced her computer and began to scan for any indication of dark energy signatures. But as the scan results were coming in, a rippling effect from the entrance to the room heralded the arrival of Crystal Sailor Destiny. She had appeared as if out of thin air, this surprising the Senshi as they struck defensive postures, glaring at the new arrival.
 
"Who are you?" Mars demanded, about to launch her Firebird Attack.
 
"My name is Crystal Sailor Destiny. I come from a far away Solar System in the Andromeda Galaxy. You see, my Mistress, Crystallina had traveled to your earth, and I lost her trail. But for some reason that remains unclear to me, The Ice Titan and his henchmen had set a trap by luring your Sailor Moon to Azabu Park, to defeat her. Ice Titan has no quarrel with your leader, or at least, he shouldn't. That is why I am here. I need to know why. I am still unsure as to why she was targeted when it was my mistress they're supposedly interested in and it worries me. Please make sure she doesn't get lured by the henchmen of the Ice Titan again, or it will be her last encounter with them!" she broke off, her choker flashing, this reminding Venus of a cell phone or one of their communicators Luna had given them. "Sorry, but I have to go." Lifting her power staff, she smiled apologetically and vanished.
 
"I don't trust her!" Mars hissed.
 
"Calm down, we still have to find out how to save Usagi." Tuxedo Kamen told her, a worried tremor in his tone.
 
~*~
 
They all sat around Usagi's bed, taking up their vigil for the next few hours. As night fell and the moon rose to its glorious height, Usagi's crescent began to glow.
 
Mamoru nudged Minako in the ribs and they all began to stare as the light from her brow flashed brilliantly announcing the arrival of Queen Serenity.
 
"Oh, Queen Serenity, can you save Usagi?" Rei asked, tears in her pleading eyes.
 
"No. I cannot, but you all can," she said, cryptically.
 
Rei looked puzzled, "We can? How?"
 
The warm smile on the ancient monarch's face soothed their troubled hearts as the light from the Ginzuishou flooded the guestroom. "Think on it a little, dear ones. As Sailor Moon is able to heal others, in the same manner, you can heal her, too."
 
"How?" Mamoru asked, holding Usagi's cool hand.
 
"Look inside yourselves for the answer you seek. It will tell you what you wish to know."
 
Mamoru and the girls transformed instantly, looking at each other and nodded. Then, forming a circle around Usagi, they prepared to heal her. Suddenly, in response, Usagi assumed her Moon Princess form.
 
Tuxedo Kamen stood by her side and spoke to the others, "I understand what Queen Serenity is saying to us, guys. We must remove our negative thoughts and concentrate solely on our feelings for Sailor Moon. She needs our help now. Let's do it!"
 
The others nodded their understanding. All grateful for his words of encouragement. The Senshi formed their circle of power and held hands. Kamen closed his eyes and began meditating. Then each Sailor Soldier in their turn began their incantation.
 
"Mercury Star Healing Power!"
 
"Mars Star Healing Power!"
 
"Jupiter Star Healing Power!"
 
"Venus Star Healing Power!"
 
"Sailor Healing Power!" the Senshi yelled in unison.
The combined planet healing power entered Sailor Moon's body, healing most of her injuries but for the most severe of her battle scars. Then the surge of healing power stopped.
 
Everyone waited. When she did finally regain consciousness, it was with a sudden jolt. She looked confused, her glazed azure eyes wide. She fell into a state of utter confusion, as fear and shock began to take their toll. Suddenly, she experienced a series of violent seizures. Most believed this the result of the use of their combined healing power; something Usagi's body was not accustomed to, or so they thought.
 
"Usagi, calm down! It's okay..." Jupiter tried to reassure her, but it was no good.
 
"Will she be all right?" Mars said, moving closer to the bed.
 
"Why is she reacting like that?" Mercury added.
 
"She is not used to that kind of power, but don't worry. It will pass," Serenity assured them.
 
Tuxedo Kamen took Moon's hand in his and ran his fingers through her hair. He then turned to face the others, "Rei and Makoto, help me secure her."
 
The girls held onto Sailor Moon while the seizures continued. Then suddenly, they stopped and Sailor Moon fell into unconsciousness once again.
 
"Oh, I hope she's going to be okay, don't worry Mamoru, we're all going to get her through this," Venus said, trying to lift everyone's spirits.
 
"She's resting normally now, and that's a good thing," Mercury said, checking her pulse. "We only need to give her time to rest."
 
She remained sound asleep for a good half hour. Slowly, she opened her eyes.
"Guys! She's waking!" Mars cried; the optimism in her voice infectious.
 
Moon tried to sit up, but Tuxedo Kamen stopped her, "Rest now. You know, you had us worried there for a while Odango Atama. You were in quite an intense fight back there. We nearly lost you." He soothed, using the endearment to relax her.
 
"Sailor Moon, do you remember what happened?" Mars asked, brushing a loose strand of gold out of her friend's face and sat by her bed opposite Kamen.
 
"All I remember was talking to this strange Sailor Senshi. Then I fainted, sorry guys? that's it I'm afraid."
 
"Yes, she was here only a short while ago, but didn't stay too long. But like I said, I don't trust her in the slightest." Mars answered her.
 
"You were badly injured, but thanks to Queen Serenity, we were able to use our powers to bring you back to us. You're okay now," Venus spoke in a soft voice.
 
Sailor Moon, moving from her princess form to her Senshi guise had completely detransformed and was now sitting up in bed, waving Mars and Tuxedo Kamen aside. She heaved a sigh and remained silent as she looked at Serenity who was looking on without saying a word.
 
Serenity, smiled warmly at Usagi. She stepped towards the bed and leaned over to kiss Usagi's forehead and stroke her cheek. Usagi noticed the tear of silvery-blue trickling down the beautiful ancient monarch's face as Usagi gripped her mother's hand. Then smiling, she straightened and turned to face the others, "My dear ones, you have your Princess back, and Usagi, I love you. I am always here for you and I love you all. Thank you everyone for your efforts to save my daughter. I don't want to risk your lives any longer than is necessary, so I shall leave you now. Farewell!"
 
"I love you mother," Usagi said in a whisper as all smiled and Queen Serenity vanished in a blaze of silvery-pink light.
 
~*~
 
Usagi stayed at the shrine overnight. Late the following afternoon, Minako helped Usagi to get dressed. Soon, Mamoru's red sports car was parked outside the Torii and the girls escorted Usagi to the car.
 
"Take care of her and get her home safely, Mamoru!" Mars called to the smiling young man.
 
"I will!"
 
"Usagi, no comics tonight, rest girl and let Luna spoil you, okay?" Venus giggled.
 
"Okay guys, I will, I promise!" she smiled, despite the overwhelming tiredness threatening to overcome her.
 
~*~
 
As the car turned the corner, Rei sighed and spoke aloud, "Poor girl; first the dreams and now this. Also, we have to deal with these new enemies that want to end her life. I don't get it. None of it makes any sense, and this new Senshi?" Rei thought out loud.
 
~*~
 
Ikuko greeted Usagi and Mamoru at the door.
 
"Here she is, Tsukino-sama. I got to get some sleep -- early start at the hospital - you know," he explained, hugging Usagi and kissing the top of her head. "Got to go, and you, my Odango Atama, get some sleep, okay?" he said, stroking her silken plaits before smiling and bowing to Ikuko, leaving his Usako in her mother's care.
 
"Bye Mamoru," she said, in almost a whisper.
 
"He is such a gentleman. Welcome home, Usagi! Are you hungry? I will fix something for you to eat."
 
"Sorry mom. I am not hungry. I am tired. I am going to bed." She said in almost a robotic manner.
 
"All right honey, if you're sure," she said, a look of concern upon her face. She nodded and led her daughter to the foot of the stairs, "Goodnight, darling."
 
"Goodnight, mom." Usagi went upstairs.
 
~*~
 
"Kenji, this is not like her." Ikuko tried unsuccessfully to tell her husband something wasn't right with Usagi, his indifference annoyed her.
 
"Ikuko, she's a teenager! She's just worn out, you worry too much."
 
"I can tell when something is wrong with my own daughter..." Ikuko trailed off.
 
~*~
 
Usagi stumbled into her room and collapsed on her bed and fell asleep. Luna had been waiting for her since she'd left Mamoru's apartment. The little black cat was distracted though by the chiming communicator. Usagi was so tired she hadn't stirred.
 
So Luna answered Usagi's communicator in case the message was important, and she knew that more often than not it was. "Usagi?" Rei began, taking in Luna's crystalline red eyes.
"Rei, this is Luna. Usagi is here. She's sleeping. What on Earth happened to her?" Rei quickly brought the Mauan guardian up to speed. "That's strange. Senshi power is supposed to be effective for all humans, and you're all human, I don't get it, Rei." Her ears twitched.
 
"I know it's a silly question, Luna, but do you think Usagi is human?" Rei ventured; her voice not sounding convincing.
 
"Of course she is, however that doesn't explain why she had an allergic reaction to your healing energy."
 
"Hmmm, Okay, Maybe Ami might come up with something and we'll understand it eventually. Keep me posted on how she is doing, Luna-chan. Rei out."
 
"Usagi, be strong," Luna whispered to a sleeping golden haired girl as she curled up beside her charge on the bed and began to purr, knowing this soothed the troubled young warrior and soon had fallen asleep herself.
 
~*~
 
With the nightmares intensifying, Usagi got little sleep as she tossed and turned and poor Luna had to sleep at the foot of the bed. When morning finally came, she was bleary eyed and her mouth felt like the bottom of a birdcage, she was also badly dehydrated and drank a half of the customary jug of water placed on her bedside table by her mother each day. Usagi, after showering, got ready for school and went downstairs to breakfast.
 
Ikuko greeted her, "Good Morning Usagi," she said, cheerfully.
 
"Hello mother," Usagi responded in a low voice.
 
"What's a matter?" Ikuko asked, hoping to draw her daughter out and find out what was going on with her oldest child.
 
"Nothing's wrong," she said, in a flat monotone.
 
"Do you want breakfast?"
 
"No thanks. I am not hungry. I got to go to school." She picked up her bag, kissed her mother's cheek, nodded at her father sitting at the table with Shingo, both staring at her with unreadable expressions and she left without a further word.
 
~*~
 
Haruna Sensei was surprised to see the blonde at class so early, having arrived on time.
 
"Well young lady, keep this up and I will give you a special grade for arriving on time!"
 
"It doesn't matter to me either way Haruna Sensei," Usagi murmured in a depressed tone.
 
Surprised, Haruna frowned and looked after the crestfallen figure of a girl and ran up to Minako to have a word, "Minako, she's your friend, right? What's wrong with her?" Haruna asked.
 
Minako, caught on the hop, thought of the first thing that popped into her head. Simple was best she thought and came out with the truth, "Oh, she's tired... I guess. She'll snap out of it."
 
"Okay, you know your friend better than I. But I will be keeping an eye on her now," she agreed, conditionally.
 
Usagi went to her seat and sat down. Naru, her best friend greeted her, "Hi Usagi!" Usagi didn't respond. Naru, taken aback, was about to respond when she saw the scars on her friend's neck. "How in the world did you get those?"
 
Usagi remained tight-lipped, ignoring her friend who scowled, putting it down to PMS and shrugged it off.
 
 
Place: North Pole, Palace of The Ice Titan
Time: 07:50 AM
Condition: Morning
 
 
The Ice Titan was discussing important matters with his minions. "Why did you let Sailor Moon live?"
 
"It's not our fault. A Senshi of some kind -- appeared carrying a long staff. She possessed unusual powers. She destroyed the monster and saved Sailor Moon!" Morgoth explained.
 
"So, you're telling me that Crystal Sailor Destiny saved the day?" The Ice Titan asked sardonically.
 
"Yes sire."
 
"Grrr! She could ruin my whole plan to kill Sailor Moon!" The Ice Titan yelled.
 
"Sire, I have an idea," Belogore offered.
 
"Let's hear it."
 
"How about we destroy Sailor Moon's transformation talisman? That way it'll be easier to kill her off!"
 
"Hmmm... that's not a bad plan. Destroy Sailor Moon's brooch after she transforms. Use this new monster to terminate her! That way, victory is assured! Robo Weed, Arise!"
 
Robo Weed was a youma composed of deadly thorn-laden vines and poisonous leaves. Soon, the Monster was standing before its creator, "Yes master?"
 
"Go with Belogore and Morgoth! destroy Sailor Moon! GO!" The Ice Titan ordered. The youma, along with Morgoth and Belogore vanished.
 
 
Place: Hikawa Shrine
Time: 02:45 PM
Condition: Afternoon
 
 
The girls along with Luna, Artemis and Mamoru were talking about Usagi.
 
"Well Luna, what is your opinion on Usagi's condition?" Artemis asked, curious.
 
"It looks really grim. Ami-Chan and I We ran a diagnostic on Usagi and analyzed the problem. I was using her laptop."
 
"Well, what did you two come up with?" Rei prompted.
 
"First of all, the readings were off the chart! It's no wonder Usagi can't sleep right now. Whatever those nightmares are; they are so vivid. They're also incredibly violent and realistic; it's understandable that she is suffering severe night trauma, not to mention sleep deprivation and depression."
 
"I could construct a device to monitor Usagi's dreams more closely." Ami offered.
 
"Could you?" Makoto asked, leaning forward in her seat.
 
"I could give it a try, but we should have her staying somewhere else other than at her house."
 
"Good. Can you arrange it?" Mamoru asked; keen to help Usagi in any way possible.
 
"Yes, I have not constructed such a device before, so anywhere that makes our task easier to carry out I'll give a shot!" Ami smiled.
 
"Good, sounds like a plan then," Artemis put in and looked at Minako who nodded her agreement as well.
 
 
Place: The Game Arcade
Time: 03:00 PM
Condition: Afternoon
 
 
Usagi strolled past the Crown Arcade after school, not bothering to venture inside as she usually did and this had Naru both surprised and worried as she, Nitara and Umino noticed her.
 
"Come on guys, Usagi looks in a bad way!" Naru said, pulling Umino to his feet and they left the arcade. Soon they'd caught up with her.
 
"Usagi, how did you get those awful injuries?" Naru ventured, looking at the angry red welts on her skin. "Did you get in some sort of fight? You should have a doctor look at those, they're terrible!"
 
"Naru-chan, I'll be fine - really! You worry too much!" she said, shrugging off her friend's concerns. "I'll be okay, and besides, I have to get home, Naru-chan, perhaps some other time, ne?"
 
"Okay?" she muttered, disappointed.
 
Nitara was also concerned at Usagi's response and decided to lead Usagi to a nearby arrangement of outdoor furniture and sat the girl down without protest at the table, taking the chair opposite. Nitara pushed a stray dark strand of hair out of her eyes and began, "I don't really know you all that well, yet I don't know what you've been through lately. Listen to your friends. They care for you a lot," she said, knowing full-well how Usagi got her scars.
 
Usagi wasn't paying any attention to Nitara or what anyone else was saying for that matter. She had been thinking about the last battle and sighed as she stood to leave the girl staring after her.
 
Suddenly, as Usagi paused and looked back at Nitara about to apologize, Morgoth, Belogore, and Robo Weed chose that moment to appear in a blaze of sickly green light and moved to surround her. Naru and Umino seeing the flash joined Usagi, the creatures ignoring them. Nitara, sensing trouble disappeared.
 
"Now? we have come to finish the job that we started last time!" Morgoth sneered.
 
"You will die this day, Tsukino Usagi!" Belogore bellowed.
 
Usagi reached for her communicator, and tried to call the others, but the communicator was knocked from her hand.
 
"No you don't! You have to fight us alone!"
 
Usagi clinched her fists. Then spoke, "You are evil and terrible! What do you want and why are you targeting me? I cannot, I will not forgive you for what you have done! NEVER!"
 
"Do you know these villains, Usagi?" Naru asked, her voice trembling, but she was surprisingly calm given the threat. Naru was used to youma and seeing these with their master hadn't fazed her as much as it had Umino.
 
Usagi turned to her friends, "Naru, Umino? I never wanted to involve innocent people in my personal struggles with monsters. Stay back and I will protect you." She said, clenching her broach.
 
"How? Wait a minute. Usagi! How on Earth are you going to protect us when you can't protect yourself?" Naru demanded; a look of horror on her face.
 
"Usagi-chan, this, to understate the obvious dangers, is way too risky, taking monsters on like this by yourself! Who do you think you are, Sailor Moon or something?" Umino yelled, grabbing her arm to pull her away.
 
"Sorry guys, but I have to tell you, or show you. I hadn't planned it like this...," she smiled wryly.
 
"You aren't, are you?" Naru asked, knowing the answer already. Somehow, she always knew.
 
"Yes. Please excuse me guys, I have work to do. Moon Crystal Power! Make Up!" Naru and Umino were shocked. "Now, stand back. I won't let them hurt you!"
 
"Now? Robo Weed!" Morgoth screamed; a look of pure evil in his hungry eyes.
 
Robo Weed's incredibly long vines reeled and darted about the creature threatening the screaming patrons of the Crown Arcade as they and a host of bystanders ran in all directions.
 
"Moon Tiara Action!" She hurled her Tiara at the youma. But Robo Weed easily deflected her attack.
 
"Now I will destroy you, Sailor girl!" the youma cried, as a thick slimy emerald vine launched itself at Sailor Moon -- the appendage winding itself around her throat, cutting off her supply of oxygen.
The youma then loosened its grip, and with another vine-like claw grabbed Sailor Moon's compact, opened it and crushed the broach. The Ginzuishou fell out of the compact and shattered upon the pavement. Sailor Moon immediately detransformed.
 
"Now, time for the Ice Kingdom Blast!"
 
The three monsters combined their powers for one final blast. They sent a beam of icy force towards Usagi, the blow sending her flying to the pavement. She lay there badly injured and in sheer agony, her friends, feeling a sense of helplessness hadn't cared about their own safety as they shouted at the monster to leave her alone. But the youma continued launching energy assaults at Usagi. She cried out in pain, blood dripping onto the ground as a surge of cold energy ironically stemmed the bleeding, her old injuries having reopened.
 
Although badly injured, Usagi knew Robo Weed must be defeated in order to shorten the duration of the Ice Kingdom Blast. But to do that, she had to take out Robo Weed. Usagi climbed to her feet. She had to use her remaining strength by using her body as a weapon.
 
"Usagi! Don't do this!" Naru screamed at her friend, tears streaming down her cheeks.
 
Umino shouted to Usagi, hoping to stop her from sacrificing herself, "You'll be killed, and please don't do it Usagi-chan!"
 
"This is the only way. Body Attack!" Usagi rushed at Robo Weed and slammed into the creature with full-force, successfully turning the youma to dust. Usagi then fell into a crumpled heap on the sidewalk.
 
Usagi's friends ran to her side. Naru knelt and reached for Usagi's hand. "Why did you do it, Usagi?"
Naru cried.
 
"I had to protect those I care for. Are all of you okay?"
 
"Yes we are safe. Thank you Usagi, but it's you we're all worried about now. Please don't die," she began to weep.
 
"We need you," Umino pleaded.
 
"Please Usagi... don't die!" Naru sobbed, remembering how Nephrite had died in her arms and a chill overcame her in that moment as she cradled Sailor Moon in her arms.
 
"Naru? I am glad you are all safe..." she trailed off. Then Usagi's hand fell limp as she died.
 
"Ah yes! Now that she's gone, we can conquer this planet at last!" Morgoth shouted in triumph before he and Belogore vanished. Naru was rocking the still corpse of Usagi in her arms weeping and Umino too was crying. Motoki, Reika and the others were also crying as they looked on, unable to move or do much of anything as they grieved the loss of their friend affectionately known as the Odango Atama.
 
~*~
 
Tuxedo Kamen and the Sailor Senshi soon arrived on the scene, the tears flowing as Venus gently touched his trembling shoulder, "She's gone, honey, I'm so sorry, we all-" she broke down.
 
The caped hero and the Senshi of love offered one another a little comfort and soon the love and pain would be shared by all in a group embrace, even Luna and Artemis were crying.
 
Tuxedo Kamen, with more strength than he felt, implored his friends to help, "You got to use your healing powers on her, Sailor Senshi! You just got-" Tuxedo Kamen ordered. But as the words fell from his lips, he knew it was already too late, for she was dead. Tuxedo Kamen held the slain girl in his arms as he knelt down on the pavement, in a state of complete disbelief that Usagi was really gone. Luna trotted towards the broken talisman and the Senshi also noticed the communicator and the Ginzuishou had been all destroyed. Mercury knelt on one knee to examine the fragments and ran her scans. Then, in the same manner, Usagi's lifeless body melted into thin air.
 
Everyone tried to comfort Tuxedo Kamen, but he waved them off. Venus signaled to the others to leave him be for the moment. He walked away from the group, refusing to be comforted as he sat on a nearby chair, the same one where Usagi had sat with Nitara before the attack. Tuxedo Kamen wept bitterly as a solitary rose formed in his trembling hand and fell to the table, his tears sparkling like diamonds upon its petals, a fitting salutation he thought as his heart shattered.
 
 
Place: Tokyo, Sony Tower rooftop
Time: 03:30 PM
Condition: Afternoon
 
 
Crystal Sailor Destiny stood atop the stone office tower. As she surveyed the Tokyo skyline, the light from her staff had caused something unusual to happen. Then the body of Usagi appeared along with her ruined items.
 
"Good! You have arrived at last. It's terrible that they did this to you and robbed you of life, but don't worry, I can revive you!" Crystal Sailor Destiny declared. Raising her staff and sent a beam of energy into space, "I call on the sacred power of the Crystal Moon! Please, help me revive this girl who sacrificed her life for the sake of others! I also call upon the sacred holy power of the legendary soldier to restore Usagi's powers to her, please grant my prayer!" Crystal Sailor Destiny prayed.
 
TO BE CONTINUED....
 
This episode was completed on: 11/05/2006
 
CRYSTAL PRINCESS: THE SAGA OF THE CRYSTAL SAILORS is developed
from the original series by The Crystal Knight entitled:
"Crystal Sailors."
 
Crystal Princess is (c) 2006 by Crystal Knight Fanfiction
Productions. Sailor Moon is owned by their proper copyright
holders.