Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Damsel in Distress ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter OneShe walked along the winding path into the garden. Her golden hair fluttered gently in the breeze, and her steps landed quietly upon the small stones beneath her feet. A dark shape stepped out before her on the small bridge which crossed to the marble gazebo in the centre of the garden, the one covered in climbing blood-red roses and deep green ivy.
She gave a startled gasp, her hand flying to her beating heart, in a vain attempt to calm its rapid pace. The figure stepped to her, and she saw that it was him, Endymion. His ebony hair shone in the starlight with a glow that looked like an oily surface upon the ocean. She leapt into his arms, nearly knocking him to the wooden planks making up the small bridge. Once he had regained his tottering balance, he led her to the squatted gazebo, so that they were sheltered by it, and hidden within it's dark shadows.
"My Princess," he declared in a rather masculine voice, "it has been too long since I have been able to share in thy company." He held her tiny hand, bringing it up to his waiting lips to plant a yearning kiss upon the silky smooth skin. She felt her already racing heart skip a frantic beat, and she brought her other delicate hand up to her creamy face to hide the maiden's blush that now streaked her rounded cheeks.
"Oh Endymion," she sighed. "If my mother saw us here, she would murder thee, or even worse, banish you."
"I would rather die than be sentenced to a life without the sight of thy ocean-blue orbs, that blue that looks like the ocean by a tropical island at about noon, when the sun is the highest. Thy eyes are like that ocean, and thy hair like that sun," he said, taking a dramatic step backward and swinging his arm out for emphasis, nearly knocking Serenity over.
"I know, my love, I know," she said softly as she regained her footing, "that is why I said that the banishment would be the worse of the two."
He paused his arm midair, contemplating her words. "Yes of course. Thou speakths the truth, although I am fairly certain thou dost not wish my death. But let us not think of such things at the moment. The moments that I can spend with thou are too few and too rare. I would rather spend the time stroking thy honey gold hair, and peach-soft skin. Thy lips, which are red like strawberries, call out for me to kiss them, and thine eyes, like two swabs of blue cotton-candy, make my heart melt. I wish pull thy body into a gentle embrace, and feel the silk of thy whipped-cream white dress beneath my hungry fingers."
She giggled, a soft girlish giggle as she tossed her golden locks over her shoulder. "Oh Endymion, you forgot to eat dinner again, did you not?"
He grabbed her arm and crushed her young body to his own muscular one, looking down into the depths of her crystalline eyes. "Perhaps. But that does not matter, if it means that I am allowed to spend time in thy presence." His husky voice caused the young maiden to shiver a little, and not because it was cold or she was wet or frightened, but rather because of his closeness. Alright, maybe a little out of fear, for if someone discovered them it would be hard to make them believe he was performing the Heimlich manoeuvre on her form the front, but for the most part it was just the closeness.
He brought up her delicate hand once again to his eager lips, and rained rough kisses upon the uniform skin. "Oh Endymion," she sighed delicately, "You don't know what you do to me."His lips curled up into a mischievous grin as he draped the small hand over his broad shoulder, and she made sure the other petite hand followed suite. "When shall you tell thy gentle mother about us?" he asked with a chuckle in his deep voice.
She quickly looked out into the flowery garden beyond his high shoulder. "When the time is right," she said with a hushed sigh. She then brought her innocent gaze back to his searching one. "I must go now though, or else Luna will suspect something since I have been gone so long."
He gripped her not-so-fragile body tighter in his steel strong arms. "Must we part already? My heart is already bleeding with a desire not to be separated."
She flashed a bright smile up at him, causing him to shield his eyes. "Have no fear, we shall be able to meet again," she said sweetly, and with those hope filled words, she laced her slim fingers through his thick hair, and kissed him passionately. Only a lack of oxygen made them pull apart, both gasping for air. Endymion had to hold Serenity lest she fell. Once they had enough oxygen to fuel their brain cells once more, Selenity walked out of the shadows back down the narrow path.

She turned back one last time to glance her love.
"Adieu my love, until later!" she called, waving her hand frantically in the air. She saw him blow her a playful kiss form inside the shadows, and tried to catch it with her own hand. She missed, and it took him three more tries before she finally caught one.
He smiled to himself, a manly smile that in a woman would be described as dreamy, where she was daydreaming about the man she loved. His love-filled thoughts, although he would never admit that they were such, were interrupted by a blood-curdling scream. The dashing man jumped up form his seat and, well….dashed down the path in the direction his beautiful princess had gone. He rounded the corner and found his lovely lady there, held in the arms of the handsome yet malicious Jedite.
Endymion gasped. "Jedite!" he said with surprise as he stared at the flailing princess.
"Yes Endymion it is I. For once you cannot foil my plans, be it with aluminium or not! This time I will win, along with the illustrious Queen Beryl!" He tossed his well-muscled shoulders back and laughed, although his voice cracked. He stopped and looked around a little embarrassed.
The formerly afraid woman stopped flailing. "That wasn't a good evil laugh. Try again," she said, her voice betraying none of the fear that she must have been feeling.
"Thank you," the blonde general said, throwing his shoulders back once more and giving a much more convincing evil villain laugh.
"That was better," Endymion commented, as he drew his pointy sword.
"Thank you. Unfortunately, I cannot stay around and have you compliment me. I have a Princess to deliver, so if you want her back, you know where to find the wonderful Queen Beryl."
Endymion looked at him a little confused. "Is she still in that gloomy grey castle in the south?" he asked.
Jedite heard Serenity sigh. "No luv, that's her old place. She has that black castle now, the one with the fog in the north…."
Endymion smacked himself in the head. "Oh, yes, I remember now. Very well Jedite, I know where to find your lady as well as my own. No be gone, so that I may go and find you!"
Jedite looked at him a little perplexed. "What, no 'You-will-never-get-away' speech and then uselessly jumping at me with the sword?"
Endymion shrugged his shoulders. "I was going to, but there's really no point. You're going to get away anyhow, otherwise this story would not make sense and end all too soon."
Jedite sighed. "True, But you take all the fun out of being cast in the evil role," he said, and then with a wave of his hand, disappeared in a dark vortex which magically popped out of nowhere, along with the helpless Serenity, who had resumed her flailing, hitting him several times in the head.
Endymion stared at the now empty spot where the vortex had been. Our fearless hero looked at the sky where the horribly evil, yet surprisingly handsome Jedite had just escaped with the love of his life. "I will rescue you fair maiden, even if it should cost me my very life. Thy beauty far surpasses that of the sun, he who hangs as a golden globe of gas in yonder sky! Fear not, the Evil Queen will soon be no more, no more I say, and thy life shall be forever bound unto my own."
With those words ringing in the air, he noticed that no one was around to hear his heartfelt speech. He shrugged his shoulders, and went to get some dinner, after which he went to rescue his damsel in distress.