Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Devil's Cry ❯ The Man in Blue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
’s Cry
Chapter 1: The Man in Blue

The year, 2905. The place, Crystal Tokyo. It had been only a week since the defeat of the reformed Prime Evils. In that time Chris and Miya, also known as Sailor Asteroid and Sailor Love, had gotten married. Reuisu and Astra had set a date for their wedding. The Titans had been a little bored with no demons or evil beings to fight, but they were glad to be bored. Reuisu was reading the paper when he came to an article about a pair of Archaeology digs.

The article said that what appeared to be the top of a tower had been found in the area of the fabled Tower of Babylon. Near Stonehenge a slab had been found. What connected the two were markings, which appeared to be a form of hieroglyphics, were the same on both objects. Reuisu made a mental note to visit the sights when they were opened to the public.

Not far away at Crystal Tower the security guards on duty were met with an odd sight. A man standing nearly 7’6” stood at the desk. His shoulders had to have been three feet wide, and he was nearly bursting the seams of the trench coat he wore. the hat on his head hid his face. The man signed as Jeffory Goldberg. As the elevator doors closed he smiled evilly.

Note one minute later a man rode up on a motorcycle. The motorcycle was cherry red. The front end was extend the length of the body. The “bars” that held the front wheel were chains. A skull was set onto the front with a pair of horns coming up and back forming the handle bars. The rider was wearing blue jeans an a dark blue coat. the coat was dressy and reached just past his knees. He slipped a sword onto his back.

He stopped for a moment and pointed at the motorcycle, “Stay.”

The security guards jumped to their feet and their hands went to their tasers. The man stopped when they stood. His face was hidden beneath a red hood. The hood was attached to a red hood made of strips of leather. The hoody had tails like a dress shirt, only slightly longer.

“You’re in my way,” the man said as the guards moved around their desk.

“Well tough. We can’t let you up there with that…” the guard didn’t get to finish his sentence.

The man had reached up and pulled his sword. He’d swung and cut the tazers’ barrels off. With their weapons rendered useless the guards stood in shock. The man placed the sword back on his back and walked towards the elevator. The ding of the doors brought the guards back to reality. One guard rushed back behind the desk and picked up the phone to dial the Police. The other guard rushed for the elevator.

The big man felt the elevator slow. The doors opened and a woman walked in. She was wearing a grey suit with a skirt. Her hair was black and reached to her knees. She had been buried in a file folder.

“Excuse me,” the big man said, his voice deep, “You look familiar.”

The woman smiled, not looking up from her file, “I should hope so. I’m Rei Hino one of the executives here.”

“Yes that’s it. I saw you on the television a few times.”

The man smiled as something began to slip from his coat. the elevator dinged and the doors opened. The man motioned for Rei to go first and then followed. They walked through the hall toward a pair of double doors.

“Do you have business with Neo-queen Serenity?” Rei asked.

“Yes, just a brief chat over some Archaeology sites,” the man said.

“That explains your clothes.”

“I suppose I look like a beggar don’t I?”

Before Rei could answer a voice came across the tower’s PA system.

The man dressed in the blue coat was singing into the emergency box, “Oh mama, I’m in fear for my life, from the long arm of the law. Law man has but an end to my runnin’ and I’m so far from my home. Oh mama I can hear you a cryin’, you’re so scared and all alone. Hang man is comin’ down from the gallows and I’m so far from my home.”

“What’s going on? Who is that singing?” Rei inquired to no one in particular.

The big man looked back at the elevator, and began to shake.

“It can’t be,” he said making Rei look at him, “He couldn’t have found me so quick.”

As the elevator doors opened the man in blue stood there, and he continued singing, “Yeah! The jig is up, the news is out they finally found me! The renegade who had it made, retrieved for a bounty! Never more to go astray, this’ll be the end today of the wanted man!”

The man in blue pulled a revolver from inside his coat and took aim. The revolver had a pair of barrels, over and under, and polished silver.

The big man grabbed Rei and shouted, “That’s far enough Hunter!”

The man didn’t stop singing, “Oh mama, I’ve been years on the lam and had a high price on my head! Lawman said ‘Get ‘em dead or alive,’ and it’s for sure he’ll see me dead!”

The big man felt the bullets from the revolver’s tear into his left cheek. He let go of Rei, who fell stumbled, and rushed through the double doors. As he ran he could hear the man in blue continuing to sing.

“Dear mama, I can hear you a cryin’, you’re so scare and all alone! Hangman is comin’ down from the gallows and I don’t have very long!” A second shot rang out tearing into the doors as they slammed shut behind the big man. As he opened the revolver and replaced the four empty shells he continued to sing softly, “The jig is up the news is out, they finally found me. The renegade who had it made, retrieved for a bounty. Never more to go astray, the judge’ll have revenge to on the wanted man.”

The man in blue kicked the doors open and aimed for the big man’s head. He still hadn’t stopped the song, “Oh mama, I’m in fear for my life from the long arm of the law! Law man has put an end to my running and I’m so far from my home!”

The big man released Neo-Queen Serenity and backed up against the window as the man took aim again, still singing, “The jig is up, the news is out, they finally found! The renegade who had it made retreied for a bounty! Never more to go astray, this’ll be the end today, of the wanted!”

With that the man in blue fired three times. Six bullets hit the big man in the chest. He was sent crashing through the window and to the ground below. The man in blue reloaded his pistol as he walked towards the window. He looked down at the big man. The big man’s coat fluttered as he fell to the ground. The big man’s fall slowly stopped just before he hit the side walk.

“Damn. Need to pack more powder into the shells next time,” the man said as he placed the revolver back into its holster.

“Now wait just a second!” Serenity called out, “My life was just threatened and I demanded to know what for.”

The man paused for a moment and simply said, “Your Ki.”

The man walked past Rei who tried to stop him only to have her hand knocked away. The man was in the elevator and going down before she could do anything. The elevator doors opened and the man in blue stepped out.

“Freeze!” the police shouted.

The man sighed and put his fingers in his mouth and whistled. The motorcycle outside broke through the officers and slid to a stop in front of the man. The man swung his leg over and rode off. That night a group of people were gathered in Neo-Queen Serenity’s office. The group was 18 people. Most of them in their twenties, only two were in their teens. This group made up the teams known as the Sailor Scouts and Sailor Titans. They were there to discuss the apparent attempt on Neo-Queen Serenities life. It was going to be a brief conversation, but a long night.

To be continued…