Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Devil's Cry ❯ The Hunt, Part 1 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
’s Cry
Chapter 2: The Hunt, Part 1

Reuisu was watching the footage of the man in blue walk through Crystal Tower. Reuisu was hoping either the man in blue or the big man would show a face. Unfortunately this was his third time watching and there was no such luck. What he’d found was that the sword the man carried looked like a German sword he’d seen a few times. The revolver had two barrels, on top of each other, and fired from both at the same time. What’s more the man’s right arm didn’t move, like it was disabled.

“You know what I’d like to know?” Chris asked walking over.

“What’s that?” Reuisu responded closing the video.

“Why’s this guy singing Skynard?”

“What?”

“The song. It’s ‘Renegade’ by Lynard Skynard.”

“Don’t know, but as soon as he started singing the big guy got scared.”

“He wasn’t just scared,” Michelle said, “The big guy was absolutely terrified.”

Having watched the footage several times and finding nothing the Titans gave up for the night. The next morning the Titans received a phone call. Lucy brought up the footage of the big man in the elevator. Ami had found something. She told Lucy that the man had tipped his hat with his left hand and signed in with his right. In the footage Lucy could see something just begin to slip from inside the man’s coat, but then retreat when the elevator doors opened.

“What is it you think?” Lucy asked.

Ami sighed, “I don’t know. I don’t want to make assumptions, but there is a possibility that he was a demon or a Youma. It’s even more likely when you take into account the eyewitness accounts of the man stopping his fall by floating.”

“That’s true. We’ll keep you guys informed of anything that comes up.”

“Thanks Lucy. Tell everyone to be careful.”

The Titans had spread out over the city looking for the two men. The Police were aiding them, it would turn out to be a big mistake. In an alley police uniforms were piling up. There was a sickening slurp coming from the shadows. The big man laughed as he stepped out of the alley. He made sure he hadn’t missed anyone and leapt into the air.

Not far away the man in blue was looking down at the street from a roof. The police had found his motorcycle and he wasn’t happy. He growled as he leapt to another building. He didn’t have time to worry about his motorcycle. He was close to his quarry and that was what was important. The man started humming the tune to the song he’d sung in the tower.

Reuisu, having transformed into his alter-ego, Sailor Angel, was looking from the sky. Tyrael, who was a real archangel, was also in the air. Tyrael was the one who put the call in.

“I found him. The man in blue, he’s on the roof of Darien’s old Apartment building,” Tyrael said into his communicator.

Michelle, also known as Sailor Moonshine, called into her communicator, “Try and hold him there love.”

“Roger.”

Tyrael landed on the roof just as the man put his foot on the edge to jump. The man stopped and turned. He smiled and pulled his revolver.

“Put the gun down,” Tyrael said placing a hand on his sword.

The man in blue put the gun away and walked up to Tyrael. He swung his sword forcing Tyrael to pull his own. The two faced off, Tyrael trying to remain calm, the man in blue smiling. Tyrael couldn’t shake the feeling that there was a demon nearby.

Finally the two relaxed and separated. Their duel didn’t last long. They rushed each other but the man in blue jumped avoiding Tyrael’s strike. The man in blue brought his sword down cutting into Tyrael’s shoulder. Tyrael couldn’t believe that a human had beaten him in speed, what’s more one handed. Tyrael collapsed holding his bleeding shoulder.

The man put his sword back on his back and turned towards the edge of the building. Tyrael got to his feet and held his sword out. He had to stall this man as long as he could.

“Stop!” Tyrael demanded.

The man ignored him and jumped off the side of the building. The man hit the pavement below and backtracked towards his motorcycle. Dodging a few police was all it took for the man to make it back to his motorcycle. He swung his leg over and rode off. He could feel the big man heading towards the park.

The big man made it to the park and took to the trees. He was hoping to wait until night fall before he moved again. He wouldn’t be so lucky. Two bullets whizzed past his head and he began to look around franticly trying to find the source of the shot. He saw the man in blue walking towards him replacing the two empty shells.

The big man stayed perfectly still. He knew if he moved he’d give his position away. For all he knew the man in blue was just firing a shot to scare him out. That theory was blown out the window with the man in blue’s next shot. He stood beneath the tree that the big man was hiding in and pointed up. The big man barely managed to dodge the shot.

As the man in blue reloaded the two spent shells he began humming “Renegade.” He smiled as the big man took several steps back and began shaking.

“Shut up!” the big man shouted.

The big man’s hand came up and an energy blast came flying from his palm. The man in blue dodged and rolled before firing at the big man. The big man managed to dodge the shots. He prepared to fire another energy blast as the man in blue reloaded. Just as the big man launched the energy blast the man in blue leapt into the air.

He reached up to his left shoulder and gripped the sword hilt. He brought the sword crashing down. The big man jumped back dodging the sword strike. The big man stared in shock at the destructive power of the man in blue. Despite being human and only using his left arm the man in blue had cracked the concrete path.

“I have a deal for you hunter. Let me escape,” the big man began laughing a nervous laugh.

The man in blue placed the sword back on his back. The big man relaxed and smiled. His smile turned into a frown when he saw what the man in blue was doing. The man in blue reached under his coat and pulled out the revolver. In a flash the gun had been shoved into the big man’s gut.

“I never fail,” the man in blue said as he pulled the trigger.

Two heavy caliber rounds rip into the big man’s gut. The big man grabbed his bleeding abdomen and went to his knees. The man in blue reloaded the shotgun and placed the barrels against the big man’s head.

“Freeze!” an officer shouted pulling his gun.

His older partner calmly said, “Don’t do it son.”

“Why must you people continual get in the way of my job?” the man in blue asked looking back over his shoulder.

The big man smiled as he fired an energy blast. The man in blue was sent sprawling. From the big man’s coat something slithered. The Police couldn’t believe what they were seeing. The thing that had come slithering out was green with, what could only be described as, a white “cap” that ended in a long needle like point. The point hovered just above the man in blue’s throat.

Sheer luck is what saved them. The Police opened fire on the big man, but the shots bounced off. The big man began walking towards the officers who were thinking about retreating. The big man jumped back just in time to avoid being skewered by a flaming sword.

“Rocket Blast!” A voice called out.

The owner of said voice was Sailor Asteroid who came shooting out of nowhere. He pummeled the big man onto his back. Once there though Asteroid felt a sharp pain in the small of his back. The big man smiled as the thing coming from his coat twisted in the wound in Asteroids back.

The big man’s smile faded as he looked up and saw the man in blue with his revolver. The big man was up in a flash. The thing coming from his coat had picked Asteroid up and was using him as a shield. The man in blue walked towards him, one human life didn’t matter to him, only finishing his job mattered.

To be continued…