Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Devil's Cry ❯ Easy Goodbye ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
’s Cry
Chapter 8: Easy Goodbye

“Do it!” Duncan demanded.

Sailor Life, a little scared prepared the attack, “Soul…”

Sailor Angel’s fist suddenly connected with Duncan’s face.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing? She’s right there practically begging for you to stay!” Angel shouted at Duncan.

“Have you forgotten what I am?” Duncan growled, his face emotionless. In a flash Duncan had his demonic hand around Angel’s neck, “I’m a demon bounty hunter! All I can bring is pain!”

“Duncan, look at me,” Erika said pulling Duncan to face her, “I don’t care. If you’re a demon then be my demon knight.”

Duncan looked to the sky. He asked to stars to give him an answer but none came. They went back to Titans Tower where everyone fell asleep. Duncan fell asleep on the couch with his head in Erika’s lap, the way they’d fall asleep before. In the darkness of the night Duncan’s eyes lit up. He made his way through the tower until he came to Sailor Life’s room.

“Hey kid!” he nudged Anna awake, “Come on.”

Anna knew Duncan wasn’t going to let this go and walked to the living room with him. There she used her powers to remove the memories of what had happened. Anna followed Duncan down the tower.

“Where are going to go?” Anna asked Duncan.

“My mark is still out there. But don’t worry you’ll be hearing from me soon,” Duncan smiled as he said that.

He started up his motorcycle and rode off into the darkness. The Titans sent Erika on her way, with an explanation that they’d found her unconscious on the street and were waiting for a doctor to arrive. And they did hear from Duncan again. A week after he’d left in the middle of the night a man arrived at Crystal Tower.

His black hair reached almost to his shoulders and his eyes were an impossible blue. He was dressed in blue jeans and a black t-shirt. The man walked to the phone and began dialing. The phone picked up almost immediately and a familiar voice began to speak.

“Greetings from hell,” Duncan said, “Allow me to introduce a friend. This is Michael. He’s been put on a special assignment. This is a bonus that the powers that be owe me for offing Argosax. If you see him in the streets don’t talk to him okay? Bye losers.”

Neo-Queen Serenity looked up at Michael, “What’s this special assignment.”

“I’ve been instructed by the almighty to watch over Erika,” Michael said calmly.

“All because he killed some demon?” Reuisu asked crossing his arms.

“I’m afraid Argosax wasn’t just some demon. He’s known as ‘The Devil’s Right Hand’ because he was Lucifer’s highest General,” Michael said.

“So when Duncan killed him he took out a major part of his force,” Michelle’s awe was apparent.

“What he did was remove a thorn in Lucifer’s side. Argosax was never happy when I defeated Lucifer,” Michael stated, “By sending him back he gave Lucifer a chance to strip Argosax of his powers. If anything he has boosted Lucifer’s power by giving him direct control over his army.”

“What about Duncan where is he?” Lucy asked.

“the hunter has finished the hunt that brought him here, and is already on another,” Michael said.

“You keep him busy don’t you,” Lita said.

Michael sighed, “Yes I’m afraid that there can be only one hunter at a time. If you will excuse me I have a job to do.”

Michael left and began his job of being Erika’s guardian angel. She was happy with her boyfriend, but Michael could feel something was off. There was just something about the two that didn’t connect.

The Titans once again began to settle into the boredom of a life without Hellish Onslaughts. No more demons trying to kill them. No more evil forces trying to conquer the world. No more maniacs trying to destroy all of existence. They were bored but they were happy.

Duncan was shooting up a storm in Russia. After he finally killed his latest mark he returned to Hell. There he made his way to a doctor. This doctor was bone thin. His skin was pale like he was diseased. He wore a lab coat and a mirror like disc on a band around his forehead. Spectacles sat on his nose and his pointed ears drooped.

“Hey doc!” Duncan called out.

“Oh Duncan my boy,” the demonic doctor said turning from his latest project, “come for some more enhancements? Or are you going to let me study you?”

“Shut up and look at my arm.”

“Oh yes, that’s right it’s time for your check up.”

Duncan sat down in a chair that was more like a bed. The doctor ran through a series of questions about Duncan’s mental state as he checked Duncan’s joints. The doctor looked at Duncan’s arm which was different from his time with the Titans, nearly a month ago.

“It’s healing nicely,” The doctor said.

“Really,” Duncan growled.

“Yes. It’s scarring bad though.”

Duncan knew all of this already. He’d watched the glow on his hand fade. The armor like hide around his forearm and on the back of his hand had begun to thin. Now there was a massive scar down his forearm that wrapped around in jagged lines. The scars made a complete ring just about his elbow but reached towards his shoulder.

“Why don’t you show me those marvelous powers I gave you,” doctor said getting giddy.

Duncan sighed and did as the doctor asked. In a flash of blue light the smoke began to rise from his body. His eyes began to glow red and his arm changed. The scar returned to the thick armor like hide. His palm and clawed fingers, and even a jagged branching line up his arm, glowed blue. The doctor began to laugh at the beauty of his work.

“Marvelous my boy, marvelous,” The doctor howled.

Duncan growled and deactivated his powers, “So what’s the word?”

“You’re doing better then we could have hoped after that nasty infection.”

Duncan remember the infection. When he’d agreed to the job of bounty hunter he’d been given demonic blood. Despite the fact that the office looked worse then a butcher shop after three days in the sun, it was rare for an infection. The one that Duncan had was really bad. It had nearly cost him his arm. If it hadn’t been for the demon blood he probably would have lost the whole thing.

Duncan thanked the doctor and made his way back through the horrid place he now called home. He thought about Erika and cursed his stupidity. If he’d stayed he could have passed for a human in only two weeks. Then he cursed himself again for thinking that he could ever pass as human now.

Duncan looked towards the gleaming palace where Lucifer lived. A number, 649, was displayed over the gates. Duncan knew what the number meant. Only 649 days until the demons would flood onto Earth and begin Armageddon. Duncan smiled evilly and began laughing.

He couldn’t wait for the end to come. He’d have his chance to play the hero for once when Lucifer gave him the perfect excuse. As soon as the demons flooded the human world they wouldn’t be able to resist going after anyone and everyone. That included Erika.

Duncan laughed as he headed for his home on the edge of Hell. He looked up at the burning sky and couldn’t stop laughing. He was going to raise hell for hell.

The End?
ôÆ… i