Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Devil's Cry ❯ Death in the Face ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
’s Cry
Chapter 7: Death in the Face

Duncan stared at the man in shock. He knew this man, everyone in hell knew him.

“Agosax,” Duncan whispered.

“You must be the new hunter,” the man smiled, “I’ve been trying to meet you but you’re so rarely in Hell.”

“But you’re his right hand.”

“Yes well. Our dark lord’s plans are to slow for my tastes.”

“is that so?’

“Yes. Why not serve me hunter? I hear you’re paid with years on your life, just so you can watch over her. I’ll give her to you, if you kneel.”

Duncan’s eyes went wide and he took a knee. Argosax took a step forward smling, he’d corrupted Lucifer’s precious bounty hunter. Argosax was caught by surprise when Duncan rocketed forward every jet and gear on his guantlets and greives turned as high as they would go. He would break this devil bastard if it killed him.

Duncan’s punch flew past Argosax’s head. Argosax let his own punch fly only to have it blocked. The fight went on like this only briefly. Duncan growled as his weapons began to glow.

He thought as another light flew from Pandora, “I’ll never beat him with Gilgamesh. Gigas is all about power. I’ve got no choice but to fenece him.”

The light landed on Duncan’s left shoulder. There it took the form of a demonic looking fly skull. The skull rested on his back and a pair of insectoid legs sprouted from it like wings. Three fingers came from the bend in the wings. Clenched in Duncan’s teeth was a rose.

As Duncan reached behind him five spikes popped out from the fingers. Four around a middle. Duncan grabbed the middle and pulled. A rapier grew from both of the wings. Duncan threw them and the stopped in the air three feet in front of him. Argosax began laughing as Duncan continued to throw the glowing swords. Argosax, still laughing, removed his jacket and threw it, covering the lantern.

As Argosax slowly stopped laughing he looked around. Duncan had managed to surround him with the glowing swords. Duncan held out the rose and prepared to throw it.

“Yeah! Duncan!” a voice called out.

Duncan looked up and saw the Titans begin to arrive. They sent out a chorus of cheers over his inevitable victory. Duncan threw the rose and the swords buried themselves into Argosax then exploded. Duncan relaxed and smiled. His smile turned to shock in a big way. Argosax suddenly appeared, unhurt, in front of him and rammed one of the rapiers through Duncan’s chest.

Duncan felt his sternum break. As Argosax pulled the sword out and threw it over his shoulder Duncan dropped to his knees. He didn’t have to see the wound to know that it was the exact spot. The same spot that had claimed his life once already.

Dagon laughed as he dropped from his rubble perch. He walked over to Duncan and reached out.

“He won’t be needing this anymore,” Dagon said reaching for Pandora.

Duncan’s hand moved in a flash. He pulled his revolver and blasted Dagon in the face. Dagon fell to the ground and his body turned to dust. As he fell he pulled Pandora off Duncan. The weapon on Duncan’s back turned into a light and flew back into Pandora.

“So even you guys are abandoning me,” Duncan thought as he fell forward.

Duncan’s breathing was getting ragged as the bloody pool continued to grow around him. His vision blurred and went dark. Duncan surrendered to the darkness. Duncan heard a voice calling his name and sat straight up. He looked around and his hand latched onto his chest. There was no gaping hole his right arm was still his own, not some demons.

“Francis!” the voice he loved said behind him.

He dropped the Playstation controler and reeled. Looking down at him, clearly pissed, was the woman who’d been put into the lantern.

“Erika!” Duncan said leaping from the couch.

He hugged her as hard as he could.

“Duncan, what…” she started.

“God I thought I’d lost you,” Duncan said, “I had a nightmare that I was murdered and left you all alone.”

“But Duncan. You did leave me.”

Duncan’s eyes went wide and he backed away. Erika smiled at him as he continued to back away. Duncan fell onto his back and tears began to well up in his eyes.

“No, no, no, no, no!”

“Come on Duncan. Get up and save me!”

“but, but I…”

“Shut up and get your ass in gear!”

Duncan smiled remembering how Erika had always been the one to motivate him. Erika held her hand out to him. Duncan tried to lift his left hand but found it wouldn’t move. Duncan struggled to move it but it was to heavy to even lift his chest.

“you idiot,” Erika said smiling, “That arm as hit its limit.”

Duncan lifted his demonic right arm with ease and reached for Erika’s hand. Just as Duncan reached her she vanished.

“Now show them what you can really do,” Erika said as the light slowly returned to Duncan’s eyes.

Duncan dug his claws into the ground beneath him. He gritted his teeth as he pushed himself up. Blood fell from his chest and oozed through his teeth. Duncan stumbled to his feet and stood for a moment. He looked around and found the Titans facing off with Argosax. Duncan began walking towards the group. He stopped behind Sailor Angel and grabbed his head.

“Move,” Duncan growled shoving Angel away.

“Are you still alive?” Argosax wondered.

Duncan said nothing. He pulled his hood up and removed his coat. He threw the coat at Sailor Angel, who was getting rather angry, and stood glaring at Argosax.

“You know. I should thank you,” Duncan’s voice took on a deep echo, “If it weren’t for you idiots I’d never have had an excuse to see her again.”

Duncan’s eyes began to glow read and blue “smoke” began to float off him. Duncan punched Argosax in the gut. For a moment it had looked like there was a large ghost that had collided with Argosax. Duncan gave an Uppercut to Argosax’s face and it happened again.

Argosax was sent sprawling. Argosax pushed himself up just in time to see Duncan start to come down from the leap he’d made. Argosax rushed underneath Duncan. Spun and threw his hand out reaching for Argosax. The ghost hand flashed through the air and as Duncan pulled back brought Argosax to him.

Argosax was sent flying into the air from a punch and then slammed into the ground by the ghost hand. Duncan took a position over Argosax and began to punch Argosax. With Argosax bleeding, seemingly from everywhere. Duncan pulled his Revolver from its holster on his thigh. Duncan held it with both hands and it began to glow.

He fired three times and walked away from Argosax. Argosax sat up six bullet holes in his chest. As Duncan pulled his coat back on Argosax rushed him. Duncan didn’t even turn as Argosax brought his fist back. Argosax’s chest suddenly burst and he fell to the ground. There he turned into a pile of dust.

Duncan walk to the Lantern and pulled Argosax’s coat off. He opened the device and pulled Erika out. She opened her eyes and began to cry. She hugged Duncan and Duncan motioned for Sailor Life to come closer.

“Duncan,” Erika cried, “Is it really you?”

“Yeah it’s me love,” Duncan said looking down at Sailor Life, “I’ve heard that trick of yours can remove anything.”

Sailor Life nodded and Erika looked up at Duncan horror all over her face, “No. No!”

The Titans were dumb struck as Duncan said, “Make her forget any of this happened.”

To be continued…