Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Devil's Cry ❯ Showdown ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
’s Cry
Chapter 6: Showdown

The Scarecrows had thinned down to an easily manageable level for any human. This left the Titan to rush through the streets towards the Power Plant. Angel heard someone whistle above him. As he looked up he saw a man sitting on top of a coffee house.

“You Sailor Angel?” the man asked, “You look like him.”

“That depends on who’s asking,” Angel responded readying himself for anything.

The man sighed and dropped from his perch. He was wearing black pants and no shirt. He was chiseled and his black hair was long enough to blow in the wind. The man’s eyes burned red as he looked at Angel.

The man held out his hand, “Names Belial the Fire Fist.”

“Sailor Angel,” Angel said moving his hand to shake Belial’s.

Fire suddenly sprang from Belial’s outstretched hand. Angel flew into the air to avoid the shot. Belial began firing shots of fire like a machine gun from his finger tips. As Angel zipped around the sky he was chased by the flaming bullets.

“Hand of Destiny!” Angel shouted.

The beam of holy light shone from Angel’s fist. It hit Belial like a hammer. As Belial went flying back a pair of flaming spikes flew from his hands. These hit Angel’s outstretched wings forcing him back to the ground. Angel, still on his feet rushed at Belial.

“Hand of…huh?” Angel hesitated in surprise.

All around him small blue light floated. The light suddenly burst into open flame singeing Angel. Angel stumbled back trying to escape the heat.

As Belial stood he said, “You should pay more attention dude.”

Belial held out his hand which burst into flames that flew forward in a flaming stream. Angel rolled away and was sent running around the street.

“Hey! Everybody watch your backs. I just got jumped by some demon,” Moonshine said over the radio.

Cephiros retorted, “What do you think we’re dealing with?”

The radio went dead as the titans fought against their demonic Assaliants. Only Angel had the opportuniy to learn his attackers name. Asteroid was fighting a Cobra demon, which mean little more then it had arms and was big, who would spit venom or use its tail as a whip. Moonshine was fighting a living ice sculpture who was freezing everything.

Love was stuck fighting a demonic panther. The demon stood on its hind legs and would wheel through the air to try and slash her. Crystal didn’t even know what she was fighting. The creature was covered in bony plates like a demonic suit of armor with a “tail” of lighting coming from its back. She had injured it several times but it bolted around the streets so fast it was almost impossible to hit it.

Cephiros had felt lucky, but that had changed quickly, she was fighting a demon that looked like an ancient Imp. The creature stood four feet with its hunched back and walked with a narled stick for a cane. Its gray hair was shoulder length and formed a ring around the back of head. The creature would throw fire balls and a Scarecrow would leap in the way of any attack she performed.

Centauri wasn’t having to much trouble. He was fighting a demon in a black cloak. The demon weilded a broadsword and wore a skull mask over his face. Tyrael had heard the call about the demons and had taken to the air. Tyrael had, not surprisingly, been left out of the demon attack. He was searching for the Titans to aid them.

Life was having a difficult time with her demonic assailant. She was facing a demon fox. Its red fur seemed to be made of pure energy. It seemed like the perfect killing machine. It would dodge Life’s “Soul Life” attack and counter attack itself. If its attack missed it would sprout another arm or even an entire torso to follow up the attack.

Tyrael found Asteroid first and luanched his sword at the demonic Cobra. Azurewrath pierced the snake’s mouth just as it lunged to bite Asteroid. Tyrael swooped down to retreive his sword and try to help the Titans. Asteroid rushed down the street towards the power plant.

Tyrael flew high into the sky and looked down. Again he threw Azurewrath and it cut into the ice demon that Moonshine was fighting. Just as Tyrael swooped down to retreive his sword the demon melted. Tyrael flew to the air again. He did it killing the demons that Cephiros, Crystal, and Love had been fighting.

When Tyrael tried to slay the demon fox the Sailor Life was fighting it vanished. They didn’t question it as Life rushed off to meet the others and Tyrael, once again, took to the air. He found Centauri who insisted that he could handle things and shooed Tyrael away.

“Forgive me but you seem to be a fool,” the demon said.

Centauri smiled, “Oh I don’t know about that. I’ve got some big moves that I’ve been saving. Honor and all that you know.”

The demon began to laugh, “Your concern is what makes you foolish. If you truly have such techniques then you should have used them at the beginning of our match.”

“If that’s the way you feel. Giga Force!”

Centauri leaped into the air and began spinning. The demon lifted his sword and stopped Centauri’s attack mid-air. Centauri caught by surprise was kicked and sent sprawling. Centauri scrambled backwards trying to avoid being chopped into pieces as the demon swordsman advanced. Centauri activated his “Giga Blades” and blocked the next sword strike. After throwing his assailant off he used his “Terra Force” attack.

AS the demon swordsman lay on the ground he coughed, “Finish me.”

Centauri looked down at the demon and clenched his teeth, “I can’t. If I do…”

“You will release a demon in you,” the demon laughed, “Then I shall hunt you to the ends of this Earth and all those beyond until I kill you.”

“Fine by me,” Centauri said before turning and leaving for the Power Plant.

Tyrael was meanwhile, weaponless. He’d attempted to slay Belial in the same fashion as the other demons but had been met with a surprise. Azurewrath and been thrown down the street by Belial. Belial was meanwhile preventing the Archangel from retrieving his weapon, while keeping Sailor Angel from retrieving it.

Belial’s limbs had begun to be blown off by Angel’s Hand of Destiny. The wounds would spout flames and then the limbs would regenerate. It was dragging the fight out and wearing the two warriors thin. Belial suddenly disappeared into the flames that now surrounded them and when he reappeared he had his arms draped over the two angel’s shoulders.

“Seriously, you guys are sloppier then the boss says I am,” Belial said.

He placed his hands on their chests and released a blast of flames. As Angel and Tyrael fell to the ground smoking Belial sighed.

“Damn this is boring,” he said scratching his head, “If it’s cool with you guys I’m going to go home.”

“Why should we believe a demon?’ Tyrael spat.

“Hey now man. That just ain’t cool. I could fry you guys but I’m giving you two a chance to walk away and stop the dude that’s coming.”

Belial began to walk away waving as he did. He vanished into Crystal Tokyo leaving the angels confused. They didn’t wait for something to happen and rushed for the Power Plant. Below the surface Dagon and Duncan were breathing heavy.

Bael was almost done with whatever he was doing. Duncan made one last mad dash as Bael lifted the woman towards the lantern. Dagon delivered a knee to Duncan’s chest for his effort. With the woman in the lantern it began to glow. A crack appeared in the surface of the metal slab and slowly grew. The crack began to glow red and a form appeared.

A man wearing a black suit, shirt, and white tie walked from the crack. He had a goatee and pulled his shoulder length black hair into a pony-tail. He smiled as he breathed deeply.

“I can’t remember the last time I breathed human air,” he began laughing.

He opened his eyes and they glowed like embers. Above ground the Titans saw the ground near the Power Plant erupt. Slabs of rock, dirt, and metal rained to the ground all around a gapping hole. They made a mad dash for the Power Plant, something felt terribly wrong.

To be continued…