Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Devil's Cry ❯ The Hunt, Part 3 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
’s Cry
Chapter 5: The Hunt, Part 3

“What’s with that look?’ Duncan said smiling, “If you don’t believe me ask the angel over there.”

Duncan pointed at Tyrael, who sighed, “He speaks the truth. The Lord does give his support to this hunter. He gave his support to the previous hunter before he rebelled and all those who came before. He will even give his support to those who will come after this man.”

“Told you,” Duncan said smiling, “I get backing from both sides. And before you ask just think about what I do. I take out rebel demons. My job benefits mankind, Heaven, and even Hell. So I get backing from both. Nifty. Huh?” Duncan’s attention turned to the outside, “He’s back sooner then I thought he’d be.”

The titans got a call from Crystal Tower saying that odd creatures had begun to appear all over Town. At Duncan’s advice the Titans transformed. Duncan followed after pulling on his vest and coat. He walked to his motorcycle and picked up a black briefcase. The briefcase had lines of gold set into it as well as a silver skull. Duncan threw the briefcase over his shoulder. A rope was attached to the handle that let it hang behind him.

“You ready Pandora? Looks like it’s time to rock n’ roll,” Duncan smiled evilly running his hand across the briefcase.

“So how do we want to deal with these things?” Christine asked Reuisu.

“The source is about six miles that away,” Duncan said pointing North, and down, “If we spread out around that spot and then head in we’ll be able to stifle the flow. What’s that way?”

“The city’s main power plant,” Reuisu said as he began passing out headsets, “Use these to stay in contact. If you start to get overwhelmed call for back up. Queen Serenity has said that the Sailor Soldiers will back us up as well as the Police, until the military can get here.”

“Alright we have a plan. Let’s have some fun,” Duncan said walking off.

Duncan was the first to meet the creatures. They looked like a serial killers stuffed animal. They were patched together and had an arm or a leg replaced with a curved blade. They had pointed hoods over their faces. When they were injured they spewed black fluid from the wound.

“Hey! Can everyone hear me?” Duncan called into his headset, “I’ve dealt with these things before. They’re called Scarecrows! Take out the ones with a blade for a leg first, they’re they most difficult.”

Duncan reloaded his revolver after annihilating the three Scarecrows he’d met. Duncan looked around to make sure no one was around. When he saw that the Police hadn’t shown up to cover his street he smiled.

“Just like old times. I love it!” Duncan yelled as a ball of light came flying from the skull in Pandora.

The light stretched and faded. In its place was a pole six feet in length. It was made of wood and on the ends were three pronged, golden decorations. The weapon was called “Hyperion.” As a group Scarecrows laughed their maniacal laugh Duncan smiled evilly. As the Scarecrows leapt at Duncan he swung. The pole slammed into the Scarecrow with enough power to shatter the bones of a human.

The Scarecrow laid on the ground spraying its black fluid everywhere. Duncan spun the pole and prepared to massacre his way down the street. Meanwhile The Titans were unleashing their full fury on the Scarecrows.

“Hand of Destiny!” Reuisu, now Sailor Angel, shouted releasing a beam of light from his hand. He incinerated several Scarecrows and said, “How’s everybody doing?”

“Well,” Chris, now Sailor Asteroid, said, “Rocket Blast! I’ve had better days.”

Asteroid’s attack launched him around from Scarecrow to Scarecrow pummeling them with punches and kicks.

“Crescent Heart Crush! Same here,” Miya, now Sailor Love, responded, “How’s your back Chris?”

The other Titans all responded similarly amidst shouts of “Soul Life,” “Cephiros Valiant Charge,” and so on. Behind them Police officers were cautiously checking to make sure nothing had escaped. The Sailor Soldiers were with the Police, even Queen Serenity, now Sailor Moon, was getting in on the excitement. The queen had everyone on edge.

Angel called into his headset, “Duncan how are you doing?”

“You guys have fun,” Duncan said.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“You might want to send someone over to check these streets. I think something slipped past.”

“Then take care of it!”

“Hey Reuisu! Bye.”

As Reuisu began calling Duncan’s name over and over Duncan dropped his headset. Five minutes later with the city under control an officer found the headset. The Titans were still making their way towards the Power Plant while Duncan was making his way through it. He’d found a hole that had been punched in a wall. The hole had a hall behind it. The hall led to a flight of stairs that went down. At the bottom of the stairs a tunnel opened up.

Duncan had put Hyperion back into Pandora and was using Pandora itself. Pandora turned into a Gatling gun and Duncan was leaving plenty of bullet holes in the walls and the Scarecrows that came flooding through the tunnel. As Duncan came to a large circular door he dropped Pandora behind his back again.

As he prepared to kick the door it was sliced into six parts. The pieces fell to the ground and three fish fins slid along the ground. Duncan recognized the demons and growled.

“Damn it! They’ve already started powering it up,” Duncan said as his hands glowed.

The gauntlets and grieves from the park appeared. Duncan slammed his fist into the ground. This threw the fish fins into the air revealing the demonic fish that they were attached to. In a flash Duncan was on one fish kicking it against the wall. He leapt at another and punched it driving it into the opposite wall. A snap kick sent the third into the ceiling. He zipped around the tunnel pummeling the fish until they flopped to the ground, dead.

Duncan walked through the door and continued down the hall dealing with the demon fish and the Scarecrows. Eventually Duncan found himself in a large room. At the opposite end was a massive slab of metal. In front of it was a lantern like cage on a pedestal. Coming down around the pedestal were two flights of stairs. Standing in front of the pedestal the big man with a demon next to him stood.

They had their backs to Duncan and were mumbling about something and fiddling with something on the pedestal. The demon floated in the air. The demon looked like a body builder. The demon had a bone breastplate, gauntlets, and grieves. His head was bone with four horns sweeping backwards. The demon turned his burning red eyes to Duncan and “smiled.” He looked human.

“So you’re the hunter that Bael was so afraid of,” The demon said walking forward.

“Dagon,” Duncan growled balling his fists.

“So you know me. I’m flattered.”

“It’ll pass.”

“Now what’s with that harsh tone. We even brought you a little present.”

Dagon turned and Bael pulled a person into the air. It was a woman. She was bound and gagged. Her brown hair hung in her face and her green eyes were filled with tears. Fear was all over her face as she locked eyes with Duncan. Duncan and the woman’s eyes went wide as they stared at each other.

“Let her go!” Duncan roared.

“I’m afraid we can’t do that. It turns out that she has enough Ki to power the gate,” Dagon said smiling.

Dagon took a fighting stance and prepared for Duncan’s attack. Duncan didn’t waste anytime. His grieves jetted him across the floor. Duncan and Dagon’s fight would not be a short one. The Titans were having their own challenges.

To be continued…