Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Dumbledore's Niece ❯ here come malfoy ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

~* Here Comes Malfoy *~

Uni rolled into a ball. Her room was unusually cold. She liked the cold, but this was too much. She wouldn't be able to get out of bed since she knew she would freeze to death. She was very annoyed.

"Wake up, new girl!" shouted one of the Slytherin girls, whom she had to bunk with along with two other girls. "Professor Snape wants a word with us!"

"…"

"Hurry up!" The three girls left the room and downstairs, leaving Uni by herself. She didn't really mind being put into Slytherin. But what annoyed her was that it was so damn cold and the students had an attitude. Uni stayed in her warm bed, instead of getting up.

Suddenly the door of her room opened with a bang and Snape appeared. He looked angry.

"What exactly are you doing still in bed Miss Shields?" he asked menacingly.

"It is cold. You do not expect me to get up in this temperature are you?" she said.

"You may be the headmaster's niece, but it doesn't mean you can do anything you like," he said.

"Then, light a fire, you fool!"

"You never call your teacher a fool!" he roared.

"I normally would not call a teacher that, but you are one," she said, just as menacingly.

Snape growled and turned towards the fireplace. He pointed his wand towards it and fire appeared in the fireplace. The room glowed from the light of the fire and seemed to warm up a little.

"Happy?" he said. "Now get dressed!!"

"Humph. Do not tell me what to do. I hate that," she said, getting up. They stared at each other for a minute. "You do not expect me to change in front of you now are you?"

He turned and left in anger. Uni quickly changed and gathered her stuff that she would need for class today. After putting her stuff in the bad she carried, she went downstairs only to find a pale, blond boy blocking the bottom of the stairs. Beside him were two big boys. To pass them, Uni jumped up on the rail smoothly and jumped off on the other side and kept walking.

"Hey!" shouted the pale boy.

Uni stopped in mid-track and turned her head around. "What?" she said.

"Don't you know it's rude to walk pass someone without saying hi?" he said with coldness in his voice.

"And do you now know that it is rude to block the bottom of a stairway?" she shot back. She continued walking and through the door.

After she was gone, he said to his two friends beside him. "That girl is going to be trouble. That I know."

**********

"Uniiiii!!!!!!" she heard someone shriek as soon as she stepped out of the doorway.

She turned to see who had called her out and saw Serena coming towards her. Then, she heard her name again behind her and she turned to see Mina coming. Uni stood her place and waited until both of them arrived towards her. They huffed and puffed.

"Hiiii!!" said Serena.

"…"

"So, what's up?" asked Mina.

"Are you two not suppose to be eating breakfast like everyone else?" Uni asked.

"Umm…"

"Uhh…"

Uni sighed and shook her head. "Come. I was on my way there, anyway."

She started walking the way Mina had come and behind her, Mina and Serena followed her. She could hear a 'phew' from both of them. Uni knew what had happened. They got lost on their way to breakfast in the Great Hall and just happened to see her coming out. The worst luck for her.

When they arrived at the Great Hall, Serena and Mina ran inside to eat. Uni walked past the Gryffindor's table to the Slytherin's, but something pulled her back. She found herself sitting at the Gryffindor's table and saw that Mina and Serena had pulled her.

"So, Uni," said Serena, casually as she stuffed food in her mouth, "Anything interesting happened last night?"

"She means," translated Mina, also eating, talking with her mouth full, "Did you meet anyone last night?"

"…It is rude to talk with your mouth full," stated Uni.

Haruka laughed. "Still the same old Uni. Always pointing out mistakes."

"I bet she did meet someone last night and she doesn't want to talk about it cause she's fallen in loooove," said Arina.

"Ridiculous," said Uni.

"Hee hee! I knew it!! Uni's in…" Arina started when she was interrupted.

"Uh…hello," a boy's voice said behind the scouts.

They all turned to see who it was, except Uni because her senses were very strong and knew who it was already. Behind them stood Harry, Hermione, and Ron. The two boys and Hermione became friends after what had happened the night before.

"Hey! Harry! The man I was just looking for!" shrieked Sam.

"Uhh…"

"Have you met my friend Uni? Well, actually my sister," she asked, grabbing his arm.

"Saw her last night, if that's what you mean," said Harry.

"Don't you think she's…"

"Enough!" shouted Uni all of a sudden, standing up. The scouts stared at her and so did some students in Gryffindor and others around them. "Stop it this instant! I have had it! We are only here to do something important and I beg you not to do what I think you are trying to do! Do you understand?"

"…Sorry, Unnniiiii," said Arina.

Uni sighed. "We'll talk about this later. The both of you," she said. Sam smiled thinking she didn't mean herself "Including you, Sam," she said firmly. Sam frowned, annoyed.

"Darn it, you're gonna lecture us again. We're older, how come we don't get to lecture you?" she asked.

"Because I have not done anything to get lectured about. Unlike you," she replied.


"I've got one," said someone. It was Fred, Ron's brother. "We can lecture on why your eating at the Gryffindor table when you're suppose to be at the Slytherin's."

"I am not eating at this table," stated Uni, "Nor did I choose to sit here. Ask these two," she nodded towards Mina and Serena, "why I am here. Besides, I was gonna leave anyways."

She gathered her stuff and started to walk away when Darien cried out, "Hey! Uni!"

"Yes?"

"What's your first class?" he asked,

She looked through her bag for her schedule. After a few minutes, she realized she hadn't received her schedule yet. She slapped her forehead in frustration.

"I forgot to pick my schedule up from uncle," she said and sighed.

"Are you looking for this?" a familiar cold voice asked.

"Malfoy," growled Ron and Harry.

"That's what they call me," he said.

Uni turned around and the scouts faced Malfoy and his goons. He had a piece of paper in his hand and was holding it up so they could see that it was Uni's schedule. Malfoy, she realized, was the boy she had encounter earlier that morning. He had been blocking the stairs.

"You know, I would have gladly five you your schedule this morning if you hadn't been so rude," he said. He took his wand out and placed it directly under the paper, "So here's your punishment," he snickered. Suddenly, the paper caught on fire.

Darien, Haruka, and Michiru stood up in alarm as the paper burnt to crisp. Uni stared at Malfoy coldly while Crabbe and Goyle were laughing like clowns behind Malfoy. Uni extended her index finger and before she could do anything, Professor Dumbledore appeared.

"Is something wrong?" he asked from behind his niece. He saw Uni and said in a warning tone, "Uni."

She rolled her eyes and sighed. The scout put her hand down to her side. By that time, everyone in the Great Hall was silent and listening.

"Nothing is wrong, professor," said Malfoy.

"If my dear niece was going to do what I think she was going to do, then I think something is wrong Mr. Malfoy," he said.

"…"

"Uncle," started Uni, "I need my schedule."

"Didn't Mr. Malfoy give it to you yet?" he asked.

"It caught on fire," Uni snickered.

Dumbledore sighed. "I think that you are the only person I know that will laugh at this problem."

She shrugged in reply. Haruka said angrily, "Uni! Why don't you tell him who burnt it!?"

"Someone burnt it?"

"Yeah!!" shouted Arina, "Malfoy did it!"

"Is this true?" Dumbledore asked Malfoy.

"Might have been a tad my fault," he said, smiling. Dumbledore sighed and shook his head.

"Ha ah! You…hey, where's Uni?" asked Sam, looking around. Uni was across the room eating her breakfast. She had, in her usual silent way, walked away knowing that class were going to start soon.

"She's over there," said Michiru.

"She's fast," said Amy, "and stealthy."

Darien laughed, "She's always been like that."

"Yes, yes," agreed Dumbledore, "Well, I am going to have to get Uni another schedule. And in the meantime, you all have to get to class now." Before walking away, he added, "And Mr. Malfoy, you will have to serve your detention for burning Miss Shields schedule."

**********

"Uni!!!" shouted Serena.

It was late afternoon and the students were in their last class of the day. For the Slytherin and Gryffindor, they had potions together. The scouts had been busy all day, Professor McGonagall scolded Sam, Arina, Serena, and Mina for being late and not once did they see Setsuna. Nor did they see Haruka, Michiru, and Darien since they were older than they were. So they had different classes.

"Yay! We have the same class together!" shrieked Arina, in the echoed dungeon. Her words echoed as she said it.

"...Must you yell?" asked Uni.

"Yes!" screamed Sam, "These people here are too quiet!"

"Will you three shut it!" hissed Raye.

"You're making a scene!" added Lita.

"we are not!" said Serena, Sam, and Arina.

"You are too!" said Raye and Lita.

In the background, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Amy, and Mina stared at the five arguing. Then, there was a loud bang. Everyone looked to see what it was and saw Professor Snape.

"Everyone, sit!!" he roared.

Everyone scattered to their seat. Uni was stuck siting with Malfoy in the end.

"Today, we will make a potion called Kako," he said quickly, "Miss Shield and her friends might know what Kako means since there are from Japan. What does it mean, Tsukino."

"Say what?" she asked. She hadn't been paying attention, but was talking to Arina, whom she was sitting next to.

"Five points from Gryffindor since Miss Tsukino isn't paying attention!" he said, "Miss Kino! Answer my question!"

"Uhhh…" she said. She was writing some recipes down on her scroll.

"Another five points! Can anyone answer this question right!?" he asked, menacingly. Hermione's hand shot up as usual, but he ignored her. "Uni!"

"Past," she replied, in a dull, bored voice.

"Humph. Correct," he said, "This will make whoever drink this, reveal their past, if they have one. You will need two newts, fours hairs from a unicorn's tail, two drops of izen, and one firefly. Stir until it becomes the color black. Well!! Aren't any of you writing this down!!"

There was a sound of scribbling on paper and they were all writing what Snape had just said. Uni sat there and Snape approached her.

"Why aren't you writing any of this down!?" he demanded. Uni shoved her scroll in front of his nose, revealing that she had already written everything. "Humph." He walked away.

Later, the students of Slytherin and Gryffindor were making their potion of Kako. Serena was paired up with Arina, Sam with Mina, Raye with Hermione, Lita with Amy, and Uni was once again stucked with Malfoy since Crabbe and Goyle had partnered up.

"You're doing in wrong!!" nagged Malfoy. Uni ignored him and kept on going. "You're suppose to put 3 drops of izen!!"

She slammed the bottle of izen down, which she hadn't put in the cauldron yet, and stared at Malfoy brutally. He stepped back for a second from her scold, dark stare.

"Be quiet and let me do this without you nagging at me," she said, in between her teeth.

He became silent as she turned back towards the cauldron. She picked up the bottle of izen and careful put two drops of izen as Snape had instructed. Uni turned to Malfoy and motioned him to stir. He did as he was told to do, not wanting her to give him that cold stare like she had earlier. A few minutes later, their potion Malfoy had been stirring turned black.

"All of you seem to be finish," said Snape after completely walking around the classroom. "First thing tomorrow, each and everyone one of you will take a taste of your Kako. Dismissed." Everyone gathered their stuff and started walking towards the door.

"Uni, this is our last class for the day, correct?" asked Amy.

"Yes, we have the rest of the day to ourselves," she replied, putting her book of potions into her bag. Swinging her bag onto her shoulder, she said before leaving the room, "I suggest the four of you use this time to study and do your homework, Serena, Arina, Mina, and Sam. We all have catching up to do."

"But I hate studying!!" whined the four at the same time, while Lita, Raye, and Amy chuckled leaving the room together.

**********

Uni was in the Slytherin common room doing her homework and so were others. Everyone had kept their distance from her ever since she had arrived. Being very in touch with the darkness, it was like they could feel it,, and it was scary for them to handle it. All of a sudden, three shadows blocked Uni's light. She turned around annoyed as usual to find Malfoy and his usual crowd.

"Well, well, well, isn't it Uni all alone doing her homework," Malfoy snickered. Uni ignored him and turned back to her Transfiguration homework. He growled, not liking what she had just done. "Hey!!" He grabbed her shoulder with a hand, "Don't ignore me when I'm talking to you!"

Uni looked at Malfoy's hand. She hated being touched, no matter who was touching her. Grabbing his hand, she flipped him over and across the room. He screamed and as he got up, he groaned in agony.

She got up and stared at him coldly, "I do not appreciate being touched, understand?!"

Everyone in the room fell silent and Pansy Parkinson rushed to Malfoy to help him up. Uni gathered her things and placed them into her bag.

Pansy was shrieking, "Oh my gosh! I can't believe she did that! Are you okay!?"

"Yeah," he replied. He wiped blood from his mouth with the back of his hand. "I'm gonna get you for that, Shields!"

"Try if you must," she said, preparing to leave the tower, "But I warn you, I am not someone you want to miss with." She left the room and headed towards the Great Hall.

"That b***h!!" screamed Pansy, "How dare she do that!"

"Would you shut up and stop screaming in my ear!" roared Malfoy. She immediately fell quiet. "You're gonna pay, Shields." He said to himself, then he too left the room and went to Madam Pompfrey to get himself fixed up.

"Watch out for me too, Shields," muttered Pansy, "No one hurts, Draco."

**********

"What are you doing here at this hour?" asked Dumbledore to his niece.

"Homework," she replied.

"Why not do it at your tower?" he questioned.

"…They annoyed me," Uni continued doing her homework as she spoke, "It is hard to do ones work in there. And not only that, it is very cold in here."

"I thought you enjoyed the cold," he said.

"I do. But, if you have ever been in there you will see what I mean," she said.

He chuckled. "I've never had a reason to go in there. Are you almost done? I believe you need your sleep."

"Yes, uncle." All of a sudden, they heard someone yell for help down the hall. As a reflex, Uni got up alertly and looked around. She ran outside of the Great Hall and was followed by her uncle. Looking around, she tried to scan for whoever had yelled earlier. Then, they heard it again.

"Uni, I think it may have come from over there," he said, pointing down the hall.

She nodded and ran towards where he had pointed, with the headmaster following her. That's when she heard someone cackling around the corner.

"P-Please don't hurt m-me," stuttered a familiar voice.

"I do not believe it, uncle! It is Malfoy!" she hissed.

"You must help him," he replied, "Before that youma takes his energy."

She growled. She wasn't fond of Malfoy, but then again, she was even less fond of those youmas. Uni sighed loudly, but not loud enough for Malfoy and the youma to hear. The young scout ran back to the Great Hall to transform, afraid that the light she gave off when she transformed would disturb someone, or even worse.

"Universe Star Power!"

Black ribbons shot out from Uni's star brooch and quickly enclosed her in it, as she floated in a background that looked like outer space. She extended her arms out to the side and her staff appeared to finish her transformation, including her boots and gloves. Finally, her tiara covered the star insignia on her forehead.

Now as Sailor Universe instead of the students Uni Shield, she ran back to where she had left her uncle. But he was nowhere to be found. Looking carefully where she had last seen Malfoy and the youma, there was no trace of them. Wondering where they were, in her silent ways, she ran throughout the school, searching door to door, looking for them.

"Where could they be?" she asked quietly to herself.

By the time the sun was rising, she had had no luck. There was only one place she hadn't checked yet, but she would as soon as she had picked her stuff from the Great Hall and after de-transforming, so that it would not mark her suspicious by other teachers.

Climbing the stairs to her uncle's office, she hoped that he would be there. She muttered the password and the gargoyle moved aside instantly. Uni opened the door and gasped, for her uncle wasn't there. If she had searched throughout Hogwarts and not find any traces of him and Malfoy. Where could they be? Where could have the youma taken them?

"He has striked and made the first move," she whispered, petting Fawks.