Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Eternal City:Crystal Tokyo ❯ Chapter 22

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Eternal City, Crystal Tokyo: Part Twenty-two

The Juraian interstellar transport was a massive ship, the equivalent of an old Earth luxury liner, but Ran wasn't enjoying her trip much. The blue haired young woman leaned on her cane as she restlessly walked the corridors, ignoring all of the curious glances that she got from the other passengers. A few had made tentative overtures to her, trying to be friendly but her answering glares had cut them off very quickly,

"Nearing Sol system," the computer announcement rang out in the corridors, "all passengers disembarking in Sol system depart in thirty cycles."

Ran looked down at her casual garb, a slight smile tugging on her lips. 'I'd better go get changed,' she thought, making her way a bit more quickly to her cabin.

The room was pristine, her duffel bag sitting in a corner with most of her clothes still packed away. Ran stripped away her casuals, standing there in bra and panties, taking a moment to trace the fading scars that reached from the base of her neck down to her belly. Shaking her head she carefully pulled on the clothes waiting on the bed, smoothing them into place. Finished, she looked into the full length mirror and smiled slightly, "Perfect."

"Docking with Diana station in ten cycles," the computer's voice announced, "all passengers bound for Sol system prepare to disembark."

"I won't miss this much," Ran murmured as she picked up her duffel bag and headed out into the hall, entirely ignoring the gasps from other passengers. 'I wonder who will be on the reception committee this time?' she mused.

The passenger's waiting room was large, the window out into space arched to provide a sense of the majesty of the view. The Diana space station quickly increased in size, it's snowflake-like impression created by the numerous docking access conduits that were stretching out from the large central body. Powerful drives held it in a stable orbit out past the Earth and the Moon, the gateway to the birthplace of humanity.

'Of course the last time I was out here I left via the Selene Station,' Ran mused. She had taken a military transport over to Mars without telling her parents her plans, signing on for a time along with the Free Amazons. She had been happy for a while out there until she had found out her mother Rei was keeping an eye on her, still. She had left Mars in a fury, heading outbound past Pluto then out via an independent transport to eventually leave human controlled space.

'And here I am, back once again,' Ran thought as the vessel was bumped slightly, docking with the station.

The announcement confirmed it as the main hatches opened, the passengers heading down into the conduit and out into the station itself. Ran waved her hand at the security reader, the tiny implant in her palm that she had been given on boarding confirming her identity and allowing her into the station itself.

"Ran!" a voice called out and she looked up, scanning the waiting crowd until she saw several familiar faces.

It took her a moment to recognize Erica Tenoh, the dyed black hair and the schoolboy's uniform threw her off, but she instantly identified Usagi and Hotaru. "It's been a long time," Ran enfolded Erica in a warm hug even as she enjoyed all of their reactions to her costume.

The Khanite had issued her a modified version of their traditional uniform when she joined them years ago, and after some trial and error she came up with what she wore now. The black leather hugged her body from neck to toe, cut circles exposing generous amounts of flesh below it. Her chest harness gleamed with jewels and commendations, every one of them earned in blood.

"You look good," Usagi beamed, her long pink hair falling in two streams past her shoulders, her dress flowing around her legs. They hadn't been close friends back then, Ran was a few years older and in all honestly she found the girl's relentless cheerfulness annoying.

"I'm impressed," Hotaru noted, her purplish black hair reaching her shoulders as she met Ran's suspicious glance calmly. The black clad woman reached out to touch a jeweled decoration thoughtfully, "The Claw's Honor, one of the highest awards of the Khanite."

"You've done your research," Ran blinked in surprise as Hotaru frowned at her tone.

Erica shook her head slightly, "Would you two please not start anything before we get off the station, at least?"

Hotaru smiled just slightly, "Sorry."

"Reflex," Ran shrugged. She looked over at Usagi and Hotaru and carefully said, "And thank you for coming out to meet me."

"My mother asked me to," Usagi admitted cheerfully as they moved through the crowds. She looked over at Ran, "I was wondering, do you want to stay at the Palace...."

"Oh, no," Ran shook her head firmly as she said, "there's no way am I staying in the same building as them."

Erica sighed but wisely didn't say anything. "There are a couple of good hotels in the city," she offered instead, "you can call ahead in the shuttle to book a suite."

Hotaru opened her mouth to say something only to receive a swift elbow to the ribs from Usagi. "Not now," her lover said firmly.

"Right," Hotaru nodded reluctantly.

The shuttle wasn't that far from the liner's dock, a diplomatic craft with a pilot waiting for them. It was a sleek little vessel, modified for speed and maneuverability, as well as armored with top of the line defenses.

Erica stuck her head up to nod to the pilot. "We're heading to the Palace," she instructed, "and please make it fast."

"Do my best," the redhead smiled back.

"Isn't this just a bit overkill?" Ran raised an eyebrow as the four of them settled down into their seats around the cabin.

"I can think of one way to hurt the Senshi most dearly," Erica commented calmly, "and that would be to take the four of us out."

Before Ran could form a response Hotaru spoke up, "And don't say that your death or disappearance wouldn't hurt your mothers." She looked grim as she said, "You have no idea how frantic they were when you disappeared."

"Probably because they thought I was going to embarrass them in their diplomatic efforts somehow," Ran shot back.

Hotaru snorted softly, "Not likely. You're so self centered, Ran, that you don't even see how your actions have hurt your mothers."

"Don't try to guilt trip me," Ran shot back, "where were they when I was growing up, when I needed them there?"

"And there they go again," Usagi sighed as she sat back with a soft thump, "it happens every time they meet."

Erica tossed her friend a wry smile and asked, "Do you want to let them run down, or should I put a stop to it?"

"How would you.... oh!" Usagi smiled suddenly. "Go for it."

"And why didn't you at least tell your mothers where you were going?" Hotaru demanded.

"Like I had any obligation to...." Ran scowled.

Thwack! Thwack! Both Ran and Hotaru jerked back in surprise then gazed in mild astonishment at the roses that had been flung into the arms of their seats. They looked up, gazing at Erica transformed into her Tuxedo Kamen form, the red lined black cape swirling around the suit clad young woman. She had skipped the top hat, making it clear who it was behind the mask but she was striking, none the less.

"Wow," Ran blinked, not having seen her friends new transformation.

"Break it up, now," Erica said firmly, her black hair falling into her eyes.

"But she," Hotaru waved at Ran.

"I can't believe she's," Ran gestured angrily.

"Hush!" Erica roared out. Both of them looked at her in shock as she continued on, "I'm only going to say this once, so listen very closely." Erica scowled at Hotaru first, "As much as you hate to admit it Ran does have some good reasons to resent her parents. Respect those reasons, even if you disagree with them."

Erica looked over at Ran fiercely, "Hotaru may defend you mothers but that is because she's their friend." She glared as she continued, "She is not a spy and is not working for them, no matter what you may think in your more paranoid moments."

There was a moment of dead silence in the cabin as all three women looked at her. Usagi began to clap softly as she said, "I never knew you had it in you, Erica-sama."

Hotaru puffed out a breath, looking clearly embarrassed. "And here I was planning to be on my best behavior," she looked over at Ran, "I'm sorry."

"I was pretty eager to pick a fight, too," Ran had to admit. She looked over as Erica was transformed back to normal and settled down into her seat. Ran asked with a smile, "So how long as this been going on?"

"A few weeks," Erica shrugged, "I'm still pretty new to all this."

Ran grinned, "You look pretty good at it to me."

There was a soft thump and the gravity in the shuttle shifted as it adapted to Earth normal. The redheaded pilot turned back to say, "We're arrived at the Palace."

"Guess it's time to see the parents," Ran puffed out a sigh, her face grim.

To be continued....