Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Eternal City:Crystal Tokyo ❯ Chapter 48

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Eternal City, Crystal Tokyo
Chapter 47

Time Space Administration Bureau Report: World-line #2207
The TSAB first came into contact with this world early in the twenty-first century, when a criminal attempted to steal the Lost Logia ‘Infinite Doorway.’ The artifact was able to open a gateway to the previously unknown world, where the criminal fled. Enforcer Admiral Chrono Harlaown, Colonel Nanoha Takamachi and Colonel Fate Harlaown-Takamachi all traveled to #2207 where they encountered the guardians of that time-line.

Unlike in Midchilda where magical abilities are fairly common, there are a relatively small number of people born with such abilities in 2207. However, those that do possess those abilities are much more powerful on the average than those in Midchilda. Sailor Moon, as a example, appears to possess a power level rivaling Admiral Hayate Yagami and several of her allies have similar levels of ability.

Due to a misunderstanding partially caused by the subject’s deceptions Chrono, Nanoha and Fate came into conflict with the inhabitants of 2207, however they quickly resolved their issues. Cooperating they captured the criminal and retrieved the Lost Logia, returning them to TSAB custody. At the same time a agreement was struck to maintain contact between our world lines, one that is maintained to this day. Annually we send delegations to their capital Crystal Tokyo as well as maintaining information exchanges....

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

Signum smiled as the pink haired woman shook hands with Minako Aino, the diplomatic office crowded by the five women and one man standing there. “It’s good to see you again,” she added warmly, a slight smile teasing her lips. Her lightly armored costume was a mix of purples and pinks, including a barrier jacket and overskirt.

“You, too,” MInako agreed, the blonde woman just a bit shorter than Signum. She wore a casual yet stylish dress in black, a traditional but respectful choice for this semi-informal meeting.

“So,” Zafira asked, the muscular man in black looking Motoko over, “you’re the second in command of intelligence?”

Major Motoko Kusanagi smiled back cooly, pushing back her blue-black hair. “It’s one of my duties,” she conceded. The woman in her dress uniform looked at them thoughtfully, “And I understand that the four of you are a tactical squad?”

“Yeah,” Vita nodded, the redheaded teen casually leaning up against the wall, “when the TSAB realized we weren’t aging, it was felt we’d be better off assigned together.” She hefted her mallet easily, it’s red enamel going well with her red and black clothing.

Minako felt a twinge of sympathy for them, immortals living in a world of people who all aged normally. “Well, I hope you’ll enjoy your visit,” she said mildly. She looked at them thoughtfully, “Are there any issues the TSAB wanted us to address?”

Shamal smiled, the green eyed blonde looking quite lovely in her green dress. “Our biggest concern,” she said, “is the possibility of Lost Logia either appearing in your world or leaking out from this one.”

“It’s been a cause for concern,” Motoko conceded, leaning up against Minako’s desk. “There are several types of device that we have that could cause the TSAB trouble, not to mention the disappearance of the legendary Raging Heart.”

Zafira made a face as the man sighed, “You heard about that?”

Raging Heart was a powerful intelligent device, a artifact created to assist a magic user in accessing and controlling magic. Resembling a small, red gem it had the ability to become a mage’s staff, it’s form changing as needed to activate various functions. Dating back to at least the twentieth century, Raging Heart was most famous for being used by Nanoha Takamachi, a incredibly powerful mage who made history with her accomplishments in the TSAB.

“Well, Raging Heart is one of the artifacts we tend to keep a eye on,” Minako said to them unapologetically. While not as powerful as the Imperium Crystal or Utena’s power was, Raging Heart was a immensely dangerous item, and if it fell into the wrong hands it could be catastrophic.

“I have a question,” Motoko asked mildly.

“Yes?” Signum looked at her curiously.

Gesturing with her hands spread wide Motoko asked, “How intelligent is Raging Heart? Would it refuse to work for someone who stole it?”

Signum looked thoughtful, “That’s... a very good question.”

“Yes,” Shamal nodded. “Personally, I can’t imagine Raging Heart working for someone with bad intentions, but....”

“People with good intentions can still do bad things,” Vita said, making a face.

Minako nodded, having heard the four woman’s story in the past. The four of them had stolen magical powers from others, crossing the TSAB and fighting their agents but doing so to try to save the life of their mistress, Hayate Yagami. Of course, it turned out they were being deceived but they were acting out of the best of intentions.

“Does anyone have any hints where it was taken?” Minako asked as the silence stretched out a bit uncomfortably.

“That’s why we came a bit early this year,” Signum admitted.

“Oh?” Motoko asked, already having a bad feeling.

Zafira nodded, “We think it’s come here.”

“Ugh,” Minako made a face, dreading the kind of complications such a device could bring her usually well ordered department.

Signum gave her a sympathetic look, “If it helps any, we’ve been put on detached assignment here to assist in the search any way we can.”

“I can also provide tracking data on Raging Heart,” Shamal added.

“Thank you,” Motoko said, her thoughts already racing to strategies on searching for Raging Heart. The problem was how far to search, if they couldn’t narrow down which region the crystal was in, they could be searching the planet for years....

“And we tracked the item’s arrival in this world,” Zafira added, a slight smile teasing his lips. As the two women looked at him he added, “We should have expected it.”

“Oh?” Minako asked.

Signum gave him a scolding look, “He has a odd sense of humor.” Looking at Minako she added, “We’re reasonably certain Raging Heart arrived in Asia, possibly even in the region formally known as Japan.”

“Of course,” Motoko smiled wryly, once again wondering why this region seemed the focus of so much trouble.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

The shining towers of Crystal Tokyo stretched towards the blue sky, gleaming like giant reversed icicles. The streets teemed with life, men and women hurrying from place to place or lingering in the many parks and courtyards, watching performances or listening to readings by authors and poets. Nearby the library a lively debate was going on, readers debating the merits of their favorite authors.

The blonde haired black one piece bodysuit strode by them, her expression determined as she mounted the steps. Her long golden hair was tied back in twin ponytails, one on each side of her head, the cloth used black like her clothes and odd cape. Her gloves and boots had pieces of what looked like ornamental armor, accented by a gold triangle on the back of one hand.

“Welcome to the Crystal Tokyo Public Library,” the hologram popped to life, shimmering as she floated beside the blonde woman, “how can we help you?”

The young woman jumped a bit but recovered quickly, looking the image of a black haired woman over. “I’m looking for genelogical information,” she answered, “particularly relating to dynasties descended from the twentieth century.”

The hologram nodded eagerly, “We have the majority of that information available on our network, as well as hard copies in the underground levels.” She paused, “Is there a family you’re interested in?”

The blonde women hesitated a moment, “The Yagami and Takamachi families, primarily.”

“Would you like me to guide you through a search, miss....?” the hologram trailed off.

“Testarossa,” the blonde answered after a moment, “Alicia Testarossa.”

To be continued....

Notes: Yes, this is a Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha tie in. The TSAB summary at the beginning will probably end up as a one-shot story, somewhere down the line. *lol* As to why Signum and friends are still around, they are in a way computer programs given physical form. As of their appearances in the ‘six years later’ section of A’s and later in StrikerS, they don’t seem to age.