Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Eternal Flames ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*~*Eternal Flames*~*


© 2003-2004 By Stacey Padjune (Serena CrystalMoon)

Disclaimer: Sadly enough, I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the other characters, I just manipulate them...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue

-------------------------------------------------- -----------

I glanced around, not believing my own eyes. What had once been my home was now a desolate blackened wasteland. I walked to what had once been the palace, the palace I had lived in. It was nothing more than rubble now, a pile of boulders and stones. My home was destroyed, I thought vaguely, as my dress flapped in the wind, the tattered ends dragging against the fire stained ground. The silence was roaring through my head and my heart stopped for a moment as I looked down only to find the fallen body of my fiancé, his own sword plunged deep into his chest with a look of surprise and hurt on his face. Endymion, my beloved, gone. Loss flooded through me. I ran then, I had to get away I had to escape!

I ran down another dusty crumbling pair of steps. Three flights it had been so far; I didn't know where I was going, I just knew I had to go. Tears burned in my eyes, I raised a cut and bruised hand to my eyes to wipe them away. "I am not weak, I can't cry." I silently repeated over and over monotonously. My face was grim, yet held a sadness in it's depths as I reached the town hall. Bodies were cast everywhere and dark pools of red oozed over the ground. Upon entering the tall building I was met immediately with the stench of burning flesh. The bodies of the dead were charred clumps of nothingness, some still glowing red with flame. My gaze slowly scanned the room, landing on the bloody remains of my guardian. "Luna..." I whispered, the sound immediately falling into the vast void of silence... Luna, she had been like a mother to me...mother. I broke then, knowing my world was dead; knowing Luna only to lose her life if she had been protecting my mother, her loving queen. I cried then, cried until I had no more tears left to cry. I just couldn't bear it any longer, everything I had known, everything I had loved, was gone.

Laying on the filthy ground, my body aching, my hair falling out of its royal style, I felt a surge of fiery warmth rush over me as my sight filled with a flaming red color. "Mars Power!" I heard a familiar voice call out as a searing wave of energy entered me. My whole body felt like it was being destroyed, felt like I had somehow stepped into a roaring inferno. Fire. Then I realized, Mars. It had been Mars! My senshi, my protector and the holder of fire. She had been alive...had...She had given her life to transfer her energy to me, but why?

My contemplations ceased as my body wracked with more energy...ice, electic, love, water, wind, and healing. They all rushed over me as the vibrations of the power cries of my senshi ricocheted through my mind. Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Neptune, Uranus, Saturn. They were all gone, and they had willingly died to give me their energy. My mind reeled as I sobbed uncontrollably. "WHY!?" I screamed out into the bleak nothingness. "WHY!!??"

"Don't pout dear Serenity...your friends gave up a lot for you. They all loved you and died valiantly. Dearest, you are the only Lunarian left. You know what you must do." I turned around to see the fading image of my mother.

"No. Mother! NO! Don't leave me!" I cried.

"I must my daughter. If you ever need me, look to the stars. They will guide you." New tears burst into life and rolled down my cheeks as I was left alone in the unwavering darkness.

I don't know how long I sat, but it must have been for hours. Standing up I knew what I had to do. "Moon Cosmic Power!" I cried out, the tears still falling down my face as I was encompassed in a blinding white light. A small silverish sphere appeared in my hand. The Ginzuishou, The Silver Crystal. The power of the Lunarian Royalty, the strongest power source in the universe. Holding my arms aloft, I raised them over my head and concentrated, willing the crystal to do as I wanted. A bubble of pure white light slowly encompassed me, as I willed the crystal on further, the bodies of my dead friends and my beloved Endymion were also encompassed within bubbles of light. The power of the Ginzuishou bore us to earth. We were to be born again one thousand years later on earth, with no recollection of our past selves.

It was the only way...

----------------------------------------------

Authors Note: Prologue to a new story…and soon a new chapter will be out. Please review and tell me what you think.

--Serena