Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Eternal Love ❯ Eternal Love ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Someone once asked me if I truly loved anything more than life itself. At that time I had no answer so I never replied.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I looked down at Michiru. She was curled up underneath the thin blanket that protected her from the cool sea breeze.

The moonlight washed over her face making her skin look paler and in turn making her look, if possible, more beautiful than before.

I left the small hotel where we were staying and headed down to the beach below.

I stood right where the water would just splash over my ankles, retreat, and return again.

The sea always had a special hold on my Michiru and in a way I was jealous. Yes I Haruka Ten'ou was jealous; Jealous of the way the sea could wisk her away into a magical dream world into which I could not follow.

She was the sole reason that I accepted my destiny as the Sailor Soldier of Uranus. For a while I ran away from my fate, indulging myself in all types of sports just trying to be like the wind and be free from the fear of what, deep inside me, I knew was going to happen, what I was going to have to do. But I was never truly whole; not even racing could fill the void that was in me. I was only a fraction of my true self until I met her.

Even now after I had accepted my fate and had become a sailor soldier I still wanted to become like the wind and just fly as far as I could nothing to stop me. But I would never do that now; I could never leave Michiru.

Even though I had so many emotions racing through me, only one of theme was actually clear in my mind, body and my soul.

I went back up to the hotel and just sat there looking at Michiru asleep.

God she was truly beautiful, her small frame, her aqua green hair, everything about her was just so beautiful, no other word could describe her better.

I went and knelt beside her bed and whispered into her ear the words that I didn't yet have the courage to say while she was awake.

I got up and was about to go to bed when Michiru mumbled softly "I love you too Haruka".

I spun around to expecting her to be awake but she was still asleep.

I sighed and went to bed.

Sure I didn't have the courage to tell her to her face that I loved her but it just knowing that somewhere inside she loved me the same way gave me confidence that one day I could tell her the truth.

Someone once asked me if I truly loved anything more than life itself.

Well yes, yes I do love something more than life itself and her name is Michiru, my Michiru.