Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Falling In Love Unexpectedly ❯ the only one ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
I climb out of my mother's car and into the schoolyard. It was the beginning of a new year. I am thrilled, as usual. I love school, it motivates me very much and it makes me want to be something. I smile as I climb up the familiar steps and into the large stone brick building. I went down into the office as usual. I don't have many friends. It might be because I don't wear revealing clothes, or that I don't want to sleep with boys, or possibly I am just too much of a know-it-all. I look to the chair on my left and see an unfamiliar girl sitting in it. She looks new to the school.
"Hello, may I inquire who you are?" I asked softly. She giggled.
"My name is Minako who are you?"
"My name is Rei pleased to make your acquaintance Minako," she giggled again. It was soft and gentle, not like the way those other girls giggled. She had soft blue eyes and long, gorgeous blond hair. Her face was like that of a young child's. She appeared to me naught much older that twelve. Her smile was dazzling and bright, showing each of her precious perfect white teeth. She was a dainty like girl small in build.
"what grade are you in?" she asks me.
"mmm, me? I am in grade twelve, what about you?"
"the same what classes do you have?"
"first I have mathematics, then science, then grammar and after that physical education." I let my voice groan at my last words. That class was just an excuse for everyone to tease her.
"wow, it seems like we have all of our classes together today!" she sounded happy about that that was new to me.
"umm, that's umm good?"
"oh um." she looked confused, maybe even a little depressed.
"well it's just not a lot of people talk to me"
"really? Why?"
"well I don't know" one and only one thought was running through my head was 'because I am a nerdy know it all that nobody likes'. should I tell her the truth? No it would scare off the only person who has spoken to me since third grade.
"hmm seems such a shame not to, I mean I don't understand why people act the way they do. I mean you seem like a nice enough person."
"thank you but, I don't think after you know me better you will say that."
"well do you chase people around with pointy objects?"
"umm no." what a silly question.
"well then I can get along with you if you can with me."
"okay then so mathematics first?"
"yes would you like to sit by me?"
"sure!" wowfor the first time since grade three I had a friend awesome! bell rang loudly, interrupting our discussion. The two of us stood up together and walked to room 160 where the mathematics class was being held.
"where do you want to sit?" Mina asked me as we got into the class.
"umm I usually sit in the front"
"okay, it might be harder to pass notes though." I blinked.
"pass notes?"
"isn't that what friends do?"
"well yes but" I fiddled with the zipper on my beige sweater. What if all the people I had told on for passing notes see me passing notes?
"but what?"
" I well," how was I supposed to tell my new friend that I am a tattletale?
"well what?" she was laughing now, at me, just like everyone else.
"nothing just sit by someone else." she looked slightly put down.
"alrightbut why?"
"well you were laughing at me."
"no silly I was laughing at how you seem so up front andwell formal. Not to mention you are obviously not used to talking to people. I won't judge you okay. I know what it is like to be judged." didn't know what to say.
"so if me sitting away from you is what you want I would just like to know if there was any other reason other than what you have told me."
"no"
"okay so I guess does this mean you don't want to be friends?"
"um," no please don't say that, the voice in my head was begging, I only just found you! "well if you still want to be"
"I do if you do."
"well then is it alright if we are?"
"of course."
"well we can sit somewhere other than the front if you like."
"its totally up to you. I will pick for the next class."
"okay so we can sit in the front?"
"yep." bell rang softly and we sat in the seats we had chosen. People stared at us as they entered the class. Mainly staring at Mina probably wondering why she had chosen to sit by me. I listened to my teacher begin with the usual start of term lecture.
"now I had most of you in my eighth grade class and I don't expect much of a problem with some of you. Most of you are quite well behaved and one of you I know I can expect zero problems from." his eyes lingered on me. I blushed It embarrassed me how I was always the teachers pet even though I don't do much to deny it. He continued with his lecture, and for once I wasn't hanging on to every word he said. I was looking at how every one was staring at Julya like she was some sort of alien form from mars. I could tell that she knew everyone was staring at her, her eyes gave it away. I tore a piece of paper from my note book and scrawled:
I am sorry about everyone staring at you. I know it is my fault, nobody here likes me. They all think I am a nerdy know it all and I don't do much to prove otherwise either. Last year I told on everyone who wrote notes to each other. They are probably just wondering why you sat by such a loser.
I passed the note onto her desk. She looked at it and grabbed it quickly before the teacher saw it. I saw her electric blue eyes follow the words she was reading. Her brows furrowed together in concentration. She began to quickly scrawl something back to me. The teacher was now writing down formulas that we should copy out on the board. Mina waited for the opportune moment, when the teacher dropped his chalk, to slip the paper onto my desk. I picked it up and read what she had wrote:
don't worry Rei its not your fault trust me, they are staring at me for a good reason don't worry I am used to it I just hope you don't judge me if you find out why lots of people do and will as you can see
I blinked. She had more of a reason to judge me than I did for her. The bell sounded for the end of class. Julya and I gathered up our stuff. Just as we were walking toward the door Usagi and Lita called me over to them. I looked at Mina.
"is it alright with you?"
"why wouldn't it be?" just then her name came over the PA system.
"I guess I will meet you in the next class" her voice trailed off as she hurried down the hall. I walked up to Usagi and Lita.
"um yes?"
"why are you hanging around with her?"
"umwell why wouldn't I?"
"oh that's right you wouldn't know! Well its just that Darrian used to go to her school and has lots of friends there still. They told him she was transferring her because she was having severe problems getting along with the other students."
"w-what? S-she doesn't seem-"
"oh well yes I know she seems nice enoughbut there is a reason why she doesn't fit in. I just want to warn you Rei. You are a young girl and if you knew how to style your hair you would probably get asked out by a few boys."blinked. Me? I reached up to touch one of my frizzed out black tendrils.
"but what do you want to warn me about? What for?"
"well you see, that girl Melissa or whatever -"
"Mina."
"yes whatevershe is a serious dyke."
"w-what???"
"oh please Rei don't tell me you don't know what a dyke is!"
"erm I think I do"stared at me in disbelief.
"it's a lesbian you know like, a girl who fucks other girls!"blinked. My mouth fell open slightly.
"w-w-what?"started to laugh.
"honestly Rei we are just concerned of you I mean you aren't a dyke too are you??"
"well I don't have sexual intercourse with other females if that's what you mean!"
"well like we said, we don't want her raping you in your sleep or something!"
"no neither do I but-"
"but what? I mean you really cant be friends with something something like her. You know if you let us come over to your house we might be able tofix u up a little bit because well we saw you passing notes in class and I was like 'whoa Rei is becoming a student now!' so like if you want we can be your friends."
"well Mina is my friend."
"but like she wont want to just be your friend Rei"
"what do you mean?"
"she wants to fuck you, and I mean its obvious that you have almost no friend so she probably noticed your low self esteem and thought 'hey she will be easy to seduce!' if you know what I mean."
"so your saying she wants to to to have sex with me?"
"precisely."felt my stomach bile rising in my throat.
"so I guess that means you don't want to be her friend?"
"well not if she wants to-toto do that!"
"well its obvious thatwell her kind of well I guess you can call them peoplealthough they are not at all like well us, like well to do thateven if the people they do it to don't like it back."
"If you are indeed talking about lesbians and homosexuals we are indeed just like you. And to say that we fuck any one even if they don't want it is like putting us as the same as child molesters you fucking judgemental little bitches I cant wait to watch you rot in hell."spun around. I saw Mina standing there with a defiant glare, directed towards me Usagi and Lita. I opened my mouth to say something, but she spun around and left me standing there with Usagi and Lita. Lita laughed.
"she is the one who is going to rot in hell. She is the dyke."said nothing. I could still feel Mina's eyes piercing through my soul. Her dazzling blue glare held me at her mercy. I couldn't forget the way her eyes had sizzled with such fury. I really couldn't blame herI was supposed to be her friend. Maybe she had heard what I said? I hurried on to my next class, science. I walked in, Mina was already theresitting at the very back corner desk with her on it, her face covered. I walked toward her softly, I had to apologise for my actions. When I was right in front of her table I stopped.
"Mina"I said in my most timid voice ever.
"fuck off." I heard her muffled voice state forcefully.
"Mina I am really terribly sorry I said what I said without any regards to how you would feel I didn't mean to-"
"but of course it doesn't matter Rei, I am not 'human' any way."
"yes you are Mina please just -"
"just what?!" she snapped. I could tell that now was not a good time for this.walked away quickly toward the front desk. To my surprise I was joined by Lita. I didn't really want to sit with her after what she had said about Mina in a way it wasn't fair for her to hear it at all. My thoughts strayed to the note she had replied for me, I just hope you don't judge me well I guess I did didn't I? My eyes strayed to her. She , like me, was not copying down the notes the teacher had written on the board for us she had her eyes focused forcefully on the wall. I could see pain pulsing in her soft blue eyes I had really hurt her the only person my age who had bothered to talk to me since third grade! I hung my head in shame I had hurt the only person who ever really cared. I guess Lita could have caredbut why suddenly talk to me like that after ignoring me my whole life? Maybe Mina was my real friend, or maybe Lita really did want to be my friend I don't know any more! I got lost in my own head for the rest of the class. I knew exactly what I had to do but doing it was a whole other matter. The bell sounded for lunch time. I usually went home for lunch I would walk. But today I wouldn't. today I had a friend who needed me. I followed Mina to her locker.
"Mina I am sorry I judged you when I hardly know you and I want to be your friend still if you can forgive me." I said in a rush before she could interrupt me.
"I don't think we can be friends Rei."
"w-w-why not?"
"well because the whole time I am near you, you will think I am going to rape youtherefore friendship wont work."
"but what if I didn't think that?"
"you do I can tell."
"no I don't Mina please!"
"what?!"
"Mina you are the only person who has bothered to talk to me since third grade!"
"evidently you believe it is because I want to rape you in your sleep."
"well number one if you tried to rape me in my sleep wouldn't I wake up? And two if I did wake up you are less than half my size I could easily kick you're ass!" did those words just escape my mouth? Mina laughed.
"you did make two very good points there."
"well since I am always right then we can still be friends!" she laughed again. So did I. It was good to have someone who actually cared around. My stomach growled.
"well now that I solved my problem do you want to come home for lunch with me today?"
"erm okay."grabbed her arm and dragged her out the school. It was only then that I noticed that she was wearing boy's jeans and a boy's sweat shirt. I giggled.
"what?"
"you dress like a boy."
"your point is?"
"I am not used to that." she laughed.
"and people at this school are quite immature when it comes to homosexuality and lesbianism."
"well it is quite odd no offence or anything. But why would someone choose to like their own gender?"
"well no offence or anything," she mimicked, "but we don't choosewell some dobut they usually have problems others have had bad experiences with the opposite genderlike say a young girl had an abusive father so to say, there fore she would generally see all males aswell I don't knowbad people."
"is that what happened with you?"
"I don't really knowmy father kind of ignored me more than he abused me, I may just be the kind of lesbian that doesn't know why she is a lesbian."
"well did your father abuse you?"
"if he did I wouldn't be old enough to rememberhe hasn't spoken to me since I was a year and a half oldnot even a 'hi' when we passed on the streets."
"ohthat must have been hard."
"well I guess it wasbut not really it just proves that girls are really more dependable than guys."laughed.
"well I am not so sure!"
"oh and what is it your not sure about?"
"cum tastes pretty good so-"
"oh yuchy u little slut!" we both dissolved into a fit of giggles.
"so have you ever actually slept with a guy? Or tasted his cum?"
"yes I have." I stated quietly. Mina looked at me in shock.
"are you serious?"
"yes over the summer I well you know."
"really? Eww."
"well I quite enjoyed it we did it four times."
"four fucking times?!?!"
"yes but he left me of course."
"okay so your like the ultimate well no offence but well loser at school and like during the summer you sleep around?"
"yeswell it was just with him."
"and who is this mystery boy?"
"he was a manwith a wife and two kids." Mina fell on her ass in the middle of the road.
"YOUR FUCKING KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"no I am not." she sat there looking at me, totally astonished.
"d-d-do your parents know?"
"no, please please please please don't tell them!!!!!!"
" I wontbut gosh Rei that is serious!"
"I know but I love him."
"aww did he break you heart?"
"no well not yethe still writes to me."
"aww what a lazy ass fucker cheating on his wife with a seventeen year old girl.
"almost eighteen!"
"wow did you fail a grade?"
"yes"I started to laugh again, "grade three."
"wow what is with you and grade three?"
"I don't knowit was a bad year Lita was my best friend then"
"oh so you were a slut in the making?"
"yes but I am glad I changed."
"good"
"I am sorry."
"for what?"
"for seeming like such a slut."
"you don't."
"wellI fucked a guy with a wife and two kids!"
"hell if you love him"
"I really really dohe is supposed to come and see me next month."
"really ermgreat"
"are you alright?"
"yes I amI just have a bad feeling about this dude.how old is he?"
"35..."
"wowtoots he is really old."
"toots?" I started to laugh again.
"well I had to hun!" we both dissolved into giggles again.
"oh so I am your hun now am I?"
"no just my tittly fuckable."
"what the hell??!!??" we both burst into uncontrollable laughter. A car came driving out from nowhere.
"oh my god! MINA!!!" I grabbed her and pulled her off the road. The both of us tumbled into the ditch. I was on top of her, I could feel her chest heaving with her every breath. We were so close I could feel her every bone, every muscle, every heart beat. I could feel her soft warm breath on my face. I felt myself become lost in her eyes. I was lost in how close we were. I reached my hand up and softly caressed her face to see if it was real. Her soft cheeks were slightly red from the cold and her lips were moist. Our faces were but only centimetres apart. Our noses were almost tip to tip. Her eyes were meeting with mine we were merging into one. I tilted my head softly and pressed my lips to hers. I kept my eyes on hers the whole time, not blinking not closing them like in the movies I kept eye contact with her, a contact I couldn't stand to lose. Her hands were coursing through my hair, softly clenching it and releasing it. I felt my arms around her body. I could feel her pressing her lips on mine. I massaged her lips with mine and she did it back. I felt her mouth open slightly and she pressed her tongue to my mouth. I accepted her attack and opened my mouth to let her in. our tongues intertwined with each others, massaging, thrusting, and lashing passionately. I could hear her making soft noises in her throat she wanted more. I broke off this kiss softly. I didn't know why I started it, I had never wanted to kiss her up until then. She stared at me and I stared back. Neither of us knew what to say. I could still taste her lips. She moved away from me a little bit. Not too far a few inches maybe. But I could still feel how soft her face was to touch.
"sorry" she whispered softly. I blinked, it was my fault after all.
"its not your fault" I replied.
"yes it is"
"I kissed you." I stated blandly.
"yesbut I chose to kiss back I chose to to put my tongue into your mouth."
"yes well I didn't deny it did I?"
"you probably felt like you had to do it."
"why would I?"
"I don't know" she seemed uncomfortable, this was understandable to me. After all not just an hour ago she thought I hated her because of her sexuality.
"look," I said pulling her closer, "if the truth is to be told I really don't see any reason why I kissed you I just did, okay? And since I did you kissed back I hope you are not angry with me." I looked her dead in the eye. Once again I felt that same magnetic, and bewitching pull from the fiery blue abyss. I leaned a little closer to her.
"are you angry with me?" I asked her softly, hoping she wasn't.
"no" she whispered so softly I could barely hear it. I pressed my lips to hers again. It happened quicker this time. I pressed my tongue to her lips and she accepted it and just as before our tongues danced with each other. She laced her fingers through my hair and pulled me closer. I had my arms around her waist this time, my hands sliding up her shirt. I pulled her closerenticing her by pulling my lips away softly. She took the bait by leaning into me harder. I pulled her so she was resting softly in my lap. She pressed her lips to mine and again we kissed softly at first then more urgent as we continued. She began to just kiss and suck on my bottom lip. I gazed into her eyes and her into mine. I nibbled softly on her upper lip. She pulled me into a full, open mouth kiss and once again our tongues met. She pulled away from me.
"Rei I don't think we should"
"neither do Ibut I want to." I pulled her to me again and pressed my lips onto the corners of her.
"butwhat if someone"
"shhh don't talk." I kissed her bottom lip and pulled her closer still.
"but we cant"
"oh Mina just let it happen" I pressed my lips onto hers harder. She opened her mouth and pressed her lips to mine. I wrapped my tongue around hers and thrusted into it. I could hear her making those soft noises again. She broke off again.
"oh Mina!" I snapped.
"Rei please don't be angry with me"
"im notbut don't you want this?"
"im not sure." she seemed nervous.
"whats wrong?"
"today you will feel like this and tomorrow you will forget about me"
"no I wont! Mina you're my best friend!"
"but I am not your lover?"
"no of course not I am straight."
"then why are you kissing me?"
"I told you I didn't know!" she looked at me. Her eyes were pleading for answers. Those answers were something I could not give her.
"I am sorry I shouldn't have exposed you to this." she got up and got out of the ditch.
"Mina wait! Please!" I hurried out after her. She was hurrying down the road down a different street. I chased her and caught her by the shoulder.
"Mina I cant let you leave me like this!" I could see her eyes were filling with tears.
"I am sorry Rei but I can't do this to you too." she removed my hand from her shoulder and continued down the street.
"you didn't do anything to me! You showed me what its like to have a real friend! Something I haven't had in years!" I said, as once again I pulled her shoulder.
"yes I have done something."
"what?"
"I have made you feel obliged to have sexual contact with me."
"no, Mina, you didn't I did that all of free will."
"did you?"
"yes I did!"
"how can I be sure?"
"trust me."
"can I do that?"
"yes I swear it to my grave Mina"
"okay" she smiled nervously. I grinned and pulled her hand in mine.
"your supposed to come to my house for lunch!" she smiled her normal, bewitchingly dazzling smile.
"yes I am" I led her back down the street and to house # 7689 on Crescent avenue.
"this is my house its small but its home!" I gazed at the small two story house that was my home. She grinned.
"its bigger than mine."
"really?"
"it looks like it"
"wow" I led her by her hand inside the house. There was a note on the wall by the shoe rack. It was for me: baby, I went down town to the doctors be home at 2:00. Love mom.
"hmm mom's not home."
"you still live with your parents?"
"yesdon't you?"
"nope I moved out as soon as I could."
"really? Wow"
"yeah I hated my parents for awhilethey said I was possessed with Satin"
"awwreally?"
"yeah just cus I am les." she looked so sad. I went up to her and wrapped my arms around her. She wrapped her arms around me. We stayed in this embrace for quite awhile. I could see the tears in her eyes it must have hurt to have her parents say that about her. I felt comfortable with her in my arms. I could feel the warmth of her body seeping into mine. I smiled softly and ended the embrace. I led her into the kitchen and made us some egg salad sandwiches. We sat down at the table.
"so, how do u like this school so far?" I asked, I knew the answer already though.
"erm its okay I guess."watched her eat her sandwich. She took small bites out of it. She looked quite adorable while she ate. I hardly touched my sandwich while I watched her. She seemed to notice my gaze, she looked over to me and out eyes locked. Instantly I felt that same pull, the same thing that drove me mad. Both of us finished off our sandwiches (although I could hardly swallow mine) and she helped me tidy up.
"we still have thirty minutes until school starts," I said, "would you like to watch some television?"
"sure" I took her into the living room and we sat down side by side. I switched on the television and moved a little closer to Mina.