Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Fight for the Last Cookie ❯ Chapter Two- The Almighty Study Session ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Fight for the Last Cookie
 
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, more so the characters therein. I definitely DO NOT own Darien Shields/Mamoru Chiba (as if I wanted to). If I owned it, Hotaru would be the main character, and the show would be Sailor Saturn (YAHOO!!!).
 
Authors Notes: Again, more random insanity. This story was written for fun, not flames. Flames are only good for my friends' barbeque (BEEF'S GONNA BE FRYING TONIGHT!!!). See what I told you about the random insanity!?
 
Chapter Two- The Almighty Study Session.
 
Usagi bounced on the balls of her heels, Biro in hand as her eyes followed Makoto and the plate of cookies. Coooooookies!!! Okay, studying might not be the proper way to get them, but oh well. Those cookies are so darn tempting!!! She sat down and scribbled a quick note in her book.
“Um, Usa, are you okay?” Haruka asked, concern flashing in her green eyes.
I want cookies… I want cookies… “Nope, I just need a hand on these questions,” Usagi replied, shuffling to sit next to the Senshi of Uranus. “Just this one, and this one… aw, who am I kidding? I can't do any of them!”
“Here's how you do `em,” Haruka said, mentally scowling at the dopey princess. “Just divide this number by this number…”
“Oh, I seeeee… can I, um, have some cookies now?” Usagi asked innocently while her hand thought otherwise.
The hand found its way to the plate of cookies. The sweet, oh-so-glorious cookies. The hand had a glimmer of grabbing one until-
Splat!!!
Makoto brought a spatula down on Usagi's hand.
The hand glowed red, growing three times its normal size.
Usagi winced.
The hand throbbed.
“OOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! OWIE OWIE OWIE!!!” Usagi howled and brought her hand closer. “I just wanted a cookie!!!”
“Not yet. I just got `em out of the oven,” Makoto said, snatching the plate away.
“Can't I even have a crumb!?” Usagi whimpered, staring at the thunder Senshi with puppy-dog eyes.
“Argh… too cute... stop it, Rabbit,” Makoto hissed, moving the plate away.
Minako brought it upon herself to stop this atrocity. “Please, you guys, can we skip math and move to English? Ishigaya-sensei's making us study `Post-Apocalyptic' fiction, and I have no idea what the heck that means.”
Ami blinked; she thought everyone knew what the post-apocalyptic genre was. “They're fictional stories based after the events of nuclear warfare, like the bombing of Hiroshima and other such happenings. You've read `Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes', haven't you? It's a perfect example.”
“You lost me.” Minako had a lost look in her eyes, something that you would usually see coming from Usagi. Maybe it was the whole `Dumb Blonde' theory…
Haruka snickered, being the only non-dumb-blonde there. “I'll give you a list of books from that genre,” she said and scribbled the names of five works.
“The heck…” Minako stared at the list. Then, turning to the senshi of Mercury she asked, “Geez, Ami, you've read all these?!”
“Of course!” the blue-haired Senshi chirped.
“…And she plays chess,” Rei muttered, rolling her eyes.
Usagi leapt toward to plate of cookies and successfully grabbed a triple-choc. She crammed it into her mouth before Makoto could whack her again.
“Watch it, Usa-hime, I poisoned one of them,” Makoto warned.
Staring at the plate of cookies, Usagi grabbed a serviette and discreetly spat into the thing. “Now you tell me…” she muttered as her face turned an interesting shade of green.
It was then that Makoto burst into hysterical laughter, clutching her sides. “You'd believe anything!” she said between giggles.
“Sooo… they're not poisoned?” Usagi asked, staring quizzically at the chef.
“No,” Makoto replied slowly, shaking her head.
“GAH!” Usagi made a dive for the sweet treasure, leaping clumsily out of her seat, until-
SPLAT!
Her face collided with the wall opposite her seat. She slid down to the floor comically, making small noises of pain, and one big yelp as she crumpled in a heap on the floor. Then, as she gradually regained her composure, she turned her head ever so slowly to shoot a glare at the hysterical thunder Senshi.
“You moved the plate on purpose! BAKA YAROU!” she shrieked, clenching a fist.
Makoto continued to laugh. Eventually, everyone else, sans the now peeved Usagi, joined her.
A moment later, Haruka composed herself enough to say between giggles, “I have the cookies, Hime.”
Usagi's eye twitched, her face changed from green to red faster than a set of traffic lights, and her temper boiled. Then, taking everyone by surprise, she pouted and wailed, “You're all so mean to me!!!”
Minako grabbed the plat from Haruka and held it out to the Moon-hime. “Here, if you really want one, take one.”
“Aa, Mina-chan!” Usagi glomped the bemused cerulean-eyed blonde. “Thank you! You're soooooooooo nice to me!”
Rei rolled her eyes again and buried her nose in her History textbook.
 
Usagi sat with her book on her lap half an hour later, muttering softly, her expression indignant.
The number of cookies had slowly diminished when Setsuna kicked into drill-sergeant mode and ordered them to take it easy with the treats. Kami-sama save her if she had to baby-sit a bunch of teenage girls who'd gotten ridiculously high on sugar. Currently, she sat with her head in her hands as she prayed to the Gods that her headache, caused by a small shrieking match between the Rabbit of the Moon and the fire priestess, would go away sooner rather than later. She groaned quietly and attempted to somewhat meditate her nausea away.
Ami and Hotaru were in the middle of a riveting (Cough) discussion of the 1200's. Hotaru was way too enthusiastic- maybe it was because of the fact that they were talking about court jesters, and what life would be like with a drive-through take-out joint.
Makoto was explaining the need of sometimes substituting salt for sugar when dealing with fruit and other such sweet foods. Of course, being the Blonde Minako was, she didn't get half of it and occasionally tilted her head to the side and asked the age-old question-“Huh?”- to the point where Makoto wanted to strangle Minako with her own hair. It was pretty long, after all…
Haruka and Michiru had disappeared when the verbal brawl between Usagi and Rei began. Usagi was under the impression that they were in the next room making out, and the thought alone made her want to throw up.
Sighing, the pigtailed teen reached a hand out to grab the last cookie on the plate.
The last cookie…
Usagi could practically taste it already. First, I'll break it into little pieces, then eat each piece individually, reeeeaaal slow to make it last, then… I'll use my royal influence to make Makoto bake more… I'm a genius! she thought to herself happily. Any second now, she expected her hand to brush against the cookie as she grabbed it.
What she wasn't expecting was her hand to also brush on Minako's, Hotaru's and Rei's. Which it did, to her disappointment.
“I CALL DIBS ON THAT COOKIE!” Usagi declared, slapping at the other three hands attempting to steal her cookie. How dare they even think about it, much less put it into practice!
Rei, however, had other thoughts. She used her nails to scratch the invading snatchers. “It's mine!” she yelled in determination.
Ami raised a brow, then shook her head and turned to her book.
Hotaru pouted. “I'm younger than all of you… I deserve it!” she said, folding her arms.
“So what? I'm prettier than any of you! It should be mine!” Minako protested, putting her other hand in the line of fire.
“This is my house; therefore, it's MY cookie!” Rei said in a no-nonsense voice.
Usagi gave them all the evil eye. “I rule over you guys. It's mine, so sayeth the almighty Neo-Queen Serenity!”
Makoto stood up and waved her arms to get everyone's attention. How about we have a vote to see who gets the last cookie?” she suggested.
“Damn straight we will!”
“You're on!”
“It's MINE!”
“THIS IS CHILD ABUSE!”
Setsuna raised her head and winced, then lowered it again as she started chanting the Lotus Sutra in a last hopeful attempt to get rid of her growing migraine.
The war had begun.
 
Author's Endnotes: Naaaaaaa… I'm so lazy… but at least I finished the chapter, ne? One left, and that's it. But if anyone wants me to continue with it, I'll consider it… I can't see where the plot goes from here (not that there really was a plot or anything… -.-'). If you liked it, review. Or flame, whatever. Flamers will be used to roast marshmallows and BURN PEOPLE! (Other than myself, thanks much). Ja ne! Let's see if I can get my computer working better so I can get the last chappie up!