Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Fire Under The Mistletoe ❯ Fire Under The Mistletoe ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Fire Under The Mistletoe
Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon. If I did then I wouldn't be writing this. Naoko Takeuchi owns Sailor Moon.
Fire Under The Mistletoe
Present Day Tokyo-Christmas
It was a snowy Christmas day in Tokyo.  Usagi and Rei were spending time together at the Hikawa Jinja.  They had finished exchanging gifts by the crackling fire.
“Did you enjoy your Christmas, Usa?”
“I loved it.  Then again, I enjoy any time that I spend with you, Rei.”
Usagi gazed at the Christmas tree.  She noticed there was small gift in the far back.
“I thought we opened all of the presents already,” Usagi said with a confused look on her face.
“I thought we did too, Usa.  Go check it out.”
Usagi slid under the tree and grabbed the gift.  The present was labeled,
To: Usagi
From: Santa
“From Santa?” Usagi asked herself.  She tore open the gift wrap and discovered a velvet box.  She opened the box and saw a diamond ring.  Usagi gasped at the item and turned around only to see Rei dressed in a Santa Clause outfit without the beard.  Usagi had no idea when Rei was able to slip into that.  Rei took the diamond ring and kneeled before her, slipping it on her finger.
“Usa, you have been my lover for over a thousand years and you will be my lover for over a thousand more, if you let me.  I think now would be a good time to ask.  Usagi Tsukino, will you marry me?”
Usagi fought very hard to hold back her tears.  “YES, Rei!  I would love nothing more than to be your wife!”
Rei wasn’t as successful in holding back her tears.  Rei slightly lifted Usagi off the ground and spun her around.  The couple grinned as they landed right under a mistletoe.  Rei kissed her future wife with a fiery, yet tender passion.  Usagi responded with a kiss of her own that was just as fiery and tender.
“Mmmmm, if a tiny mistletoe does this, how far will a Christmas reef get me?”  Usagi asked jokingly with seduction.
“Perv.”
Usagi laughed.  “I couldn’t resist.  You know I would want our first time to be extra special.  You’re worth the wait, Rei.”
“And so are you, my love.”
I can’t believe this, Rei.  We are getting married!  We need to start planning things now.”
“Can’t this wait until after Christmas, Usa?”
“No.”  Usagi said without hesitation.  “There’s the caterer to worry about, then the dresses, the cake, the music, the location….”  
Rei smiled as Usagi continued on with her list.  Usagi may have been over-the-top, but this was one of the many reasons why she loved her.  She loved Usagi’s personality and never wanted her to change.
“Rei!  Are you listening to me?”
“Uh, yeah.”
“What did I say last?”
“Uhhhh.”