Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Forbidden Love ❯ Forbidden Love ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]
Serena got up out of her bed after a long nap. She looked around, her long hair twirled around her shoulders. Another afternoon with nowhere to go but the arcade. She walked over to the mirror put up her hair in her trademark pigtails and went down stairs to the kitchen (where else).
"Morning Serena", her mother greeted darkly as the young girl sat at the breakfast table.
"What's for breakfast Mom?", Serena asked looking over her mom's shoulder," Sure smells good." Serena was bugging her mother obviosly.
"Eggs as usual now sit down and quit hanging over the pan Serena",her mother scolded. Serena wondered why her mother was so paranoid.
"Mom what's wrong?", she asked with concern. Her mother served her the last of the eggs from the pan, then set the pan in the sink.
"Serena, your father and I are very concerned you've been staying out late and coming home early in the morning. Your father is starting to think you and that Darein boy of yours are becoming to in depth with your relationship. And he doesn't want you seeing him anymore.", Serena's mother said with just a small bit of relief.Serena was shocked. How could he have said that?! She was out saving the world from the negaverse and he was accusing her of hanging around Darein too much?!
"Mom, I'm not doing anything with Darein! I can't believe you or Daddy would say that! I've just been busy with my friends.", she said obviosly hurt, I'm still going to go out with Darein. You and Daddy have to learn that this is my life. It's not yours to make into a world of fiction and false accusations!"
"No young lady, you have to learn that I'm your mother. And if I want to question and snoop into your life I can and will. I'm not out to get you like you think I am! I know it's your life but, I'm trying to help you. You aren't going to go out with him anymore! ", her mother said with much unenthusiasam in the conversation. Serena was heart broken. she ran out crying and ran all the way to Darein's house. Knocking on the door frantic and out of control she found herself almost hyperventalating as she collasped in his arms.
"Darein I need to talk to you", she said finally catching her breath. He brought her in and served her some green tea.
"What's going on?" he asked. As soon as she explained everything to him he was left in a complete state of silence.
"So,---...you can...never-- WHY?", he asked fighting back tears of anger," I don't understand why they have to do this when they know that I'm decent. Your father said himself that he would pay for the wedding. We are almost out of college. How can you be told what to do?!
"Well, I don't really know. He just is so protective. I think he still thinks of me as a little girl. I couldn't believe it either but, he is my father. What am I supposed to do? His opinoin means alot to me I don't think it's fair either but,----..." There was nothing left to say. She knew what she had to do.

The next day Serena got up nad went back home. She knew it was a little dramatic to stay at Darein's place, but having to go home and face her mother the moment she walked through the door was too irratating to deal with. She came in and everyone was still asleep. She snuck up to her bedroom. Thinking of what she should say and imagining what her parents will say she slowly drifted off to sleep. she was woken by the shill scream of Sam her annoying brother now almost 16 was still as imature as he was when he was 12. He was playing one on one with his friend Tom when he shortly after lost and began screaming.
"Idiotic little brat", she said as she fixed up her hair once more and began down the stairs. She found her parents waiting for her. Her father had a very stern look on his face. Her mother was looking down at the floor.
"Serena sit down now, we need to talk to you.",Serena's father said as the terrified girl sat at the table,"You came home late again last night. You disobeyed us. You went to go see the boy." His voice was grim and strict sending an uncontrolable whimper to Serena's lips. She was silent. It was true and she felt
bad even though she was 20 years old. She knew she had to obey because she was living in their house. So, she knew just how to change her guilt into her future.
"Ok, I did. But, not going to feel bad about it or be told who I can or can not date. So, I'm moving out. This way you won't feel the need to control my life anymore and I won't be feel obligated to obey your every word.", she stated triuphantly. Both her parents looked very much hurt. Serena's mother started to cry. Serena had to fight the urge to go over and console her. Her father how ever got up and gave her a slight closed smile as well as a nod of approval. His
eyes flashed with wisdom as if he had just taught her a lesson. He touched the mother's arm. She looked up and nodded. She smiled at her and left to her
bedroom. "I really don't know what to say. But I do want you to know that your forwardness and bravery are very much appretiated.", he hugged his daughter and went
to his room.
Serena over heard the two laughing. It just occured to her, they never were upset with Darein or her. They wanted her to move out. She began to laugh to
herself.
She went back over to Darein's house and told him and her friend Raye everything that had happened.
"I'm glad it all worked out", he said relieved.
"I guess it does make sense. I would hate living with a crybaby that eats all my food.", Raye said with much laughter. Serena began scowling and yelling.
"Raye, how could you say that?!", Serena loudly questioned. Darein escaped by going to get more tea for the both of them.

~~Fin~~