Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Halloween with Seiya ❯ Happy Halloween ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Totally don't own these characters, or anything from sailor moon. In fact I don't even own this idea. Please see end note.
 
I'm highly embarrassed to be writing this, mostly cuz one of the best artist I've yet seen (in my opinion leastwise) is going to be reading this… so yeah… *cough*
 
Seiya/Usagi one shot, it's Halloween and stuff… Oh and this follows the anime, not the manga.
 
- -- --- ---- ----- ------ ------- -------
 
“Heeeeeeeeeey~!” Usagi shouted all but leaping on Minako, it was Halloween, and though she'd been told a hundred times she was too old to trick-or-treat she'd gone anyway. Chibi Chibi had provided the perfect excuse to go door to door, getting candy, then splitting it later.
 
What surprised her was seeing Minako also running around with a Halloween bag in her arms… three bags… actually. “What are you doing out here? And what are you supposed to be?”
 
Minako laughed, “I'm supposed to be a sexy cat girl, but it's almost normal seeing people running around with cat ear headbands anymore.”
 
She hadn't answered the first question, but now Usagi was more interested in whether or not she had a tail. The outfit left… little to the imagination. It was skin tight with no sleeves, and accept for flaring where the pleated skirt started, and then stopped about five inches later. Still Usagi didn't see a tail and so decided to check herself.
 
“Where's your tail?” She said once she'd examined the hind region of her friend.
 
“USAGI! Stop it someone might wonder what you're doing!” Minako's face was red, why? Usagi looked at her before beginning to stand up.
 
There was a bark of laughter from behind her. “Wow, Odango this is an interesting angle.”
 
Jumping up, almost knocking Minako's chin, Usagi whirled to face the voice she knew all too well lately. “A---ah! What are you doing trick or treating?” She demanded hotly. Not even paying the least bit of attention to the star's clothing.
 
“That's why I'm out here. The three of them are helping with some orphans for trick or treating. I decided to tag along and help with the kids.” In other words, she'd become the baggage carrier. The children were more interested in running around, and the stars didn't want to hold onto the things themselves. “Also part of the reason I don't have my tail anymore.”
 
Seiya did happen to notice Usagi's costume choice. It seemed almost… fitting… rather poetic really, that they should be wearing such… matching costumes. She was dressed, perfectly, as Sakura from Tsubasa, and he fittingly was dressed as Syaoran, also from Tsubasa. Almost as if he'd planned it.
 
Which he hadn't.
 
And that made it all the sweater.
 
For some reason the moment he'd first seen this woman he'd been drawn to her. Every meeting afterwards had made him feel even more… pulled… almost as if fate was directing him. He understood that most people felt drawn to her, it was why she had such a bevy of friends. However though Taiki and Yaten both felt some tug, some kind of pull, they didn't feel it half as strongly as he did.
 
But she had a boyfriend. Overseas.
 
All he could concentrate on was the “overseas” part. That boyfriend overseas wasn't there for her, wasn't keeping her loneliness at bay. He, whoever he was, wasn't there to keep young idols like him from feeling fate's tug and acting.
 
He wasn't there to protect her.
 
“Three of them?” Usagi stood on tip-toes to glance behind and around Seiya, she only saw one of them. “Where are the other two?”
 
Seiya grinned. Her attention had been so focused on him she hadn't noticed that Taiki and Yaten weren't with him. “They're up ahead I came to get the bags for the kids. You're welcome to join us if you want, Odango.”
 
What followed was the simplest most enjoyable Halloween she'd had in a while. One of the children was very young, a little boy, and was close in age with Chibi Chibi. They got along well, and soon were playing tag running in and out of the other children.
 
Taiki didn't hide his dislike, they were randomly grabbed by people who wanted autographs, ostensibly for their kids, their little sisters or brothers. More than likely they just wanted them for themselves. Of course, the Three Stars refused saying that their purpose tonight was the children and they had no time to waist on autographs.
 
They had ambled their way to the fair grounds, and soon the children were thoroughly engaged with a small trick house. Usagi knew the kind, it had a lot of mirrors and had a tendency to lead people in all the wrong ways. Then there was the barrel roll, not fast enough to actually be dangerous, but it rolled enough that small children were usually startled.
 
Chibi Chibi and her small friend were in there for a lot longer than necessary. “I suppose we'd better go in there,” Yaten said with clear reluctance. The younger was his charge and he felt honor bound to go get him and lead him through.
 
Taiki simply nodded and followed, the other children following on their heals. Usagi seized her chance. There was exactly one cherry tootsie pop in the whole pumpkin. It might not have been completely nice to snatch it, but she'd split the candy to give Chibi Chibi a bit extra for it later.
 
Sitting down on a near by bench Usagi proceeded to eat her pilfered treat.
 
Seiya had been moving to follow the others, his own charge had already gone in when he realized that Usagi hadn't followed. His senses seemed… attuned to her, somehow, and he'd stopped to look.
 
She was sitting on a bench, sucking on some kind of sucker, he assumed.
 
Curious, and knowing his presence would likely be more hindrance than help in such a cramped space, he decided to investigate.
 
Placing one arm on either side of her butt on the bench he leaned close. The sucker popped out of her mouth as she frowned up at him. He could tell she was about to demand what he wanted, or what he was doing, or why he hadn't gone with the others. There was a slightly guilty look on her face and he suspected that the treat had come from Chibi Chibi's bag.
 
“Oi Odango! that looks good.” He said, startling her. “Can I try some?”
 
Of course she'd likely been about to refuse him. He wouldn't give her half a chance. Moving forward, their heads but inches apart he took a long, leisurely lick.
 
He was waaaay too close Usagi decided. It wasn't good for her brain to have him that close. Something strange about him, always he did strange things that made her head go fuzzy and her insides swirl. It was kind of like what happened when Mamoru was around, only this feeling was more intense in some indefinable way. She'd never been good with grammar or use of Japanese in the more complex ways. She was always trying to find ways to express things and finding that she just couldn't. This was one of those times, and she decided she absolutely needed to move a bit away from him.
 
Not only that, but the way his tongue was licking her lollipop had her insides going warm in a strange way.
 
“Mmmm, Odango flavored…” he all but purred the statement. It wasn't completely false, he could in fact taste her on that lollipop. He wanted something more though, a full kiss and not just an almost-but-not-really kind of kiss.
 
That was not fair! He'd crowded her and was now eating her Tootsie pop. She had to split this all at the end of the night and she definitely didn't have to split it with him! She pouted right up at him, ignoring the light blush his way too close face had put there. “Seiya! Eat your own candy!” she said with as much of a pout in her voice as she could muster, which was quite a lot.
 
She really was adorably when she pouted, Seiya decided. Her lower lip was sticking out in an inviting way, and her brows were furrowed in a manner that screamed childish. He couldn't think of many things that would be cuter in that moment. “You know we're practically kissing,” he informed her and wasn't at all surprised by the deepening of her pout, or the deepening of her blush. She looked down right sulky.
 
“That wasn't a kiss,” she said leaning back even further, heedless of the very precariousness of that position. “Not even practically.” She hadn't ever kissed anyone, no one but Mamoru. For him to even hint at them kissing… it was too strange it felt like some kind of betrayal, and she didn't betray those she loved.
 
The bench was very narrow, little more than a piece of wood. It didn't even have a backing to it, if she kept leaning over like that she'd likely fall and land on her back. The idea intrigued Seiya. “Oh?” He asked leaning more fully forward, placing one foot on the bench beside her, not surprised when that cute face of hers inched back further. “Then what is it?”
 
“You eating my lollipop.” She stated firmly, inching back even more, she was out of room though and couldn't retreat without falling.
 
“Mmm,” he affirmed, realizing that he'd have to shock her to make her move back, and thus fall. “Then I need to kiss you more assuredly. Just so no one can call me a liar.”
 
She made a light sound of alarm, almost an “Eep!” then scooted the last half inch into tumbling backwards. She would have fallen and smacked the ground relatively hard if it weren't for Seiya's quick reflexes. Reflexes made quicker by anticipation.
 
He caught her, his hand on her back with one foot on the bench, and the other on the ground beside her. Straddling her body and his face was very close to hers. He'd only planned so far as giving her a quick kiss on the cheek, then standing. Probably teasing her about her expectations and acting like an idiot because of them.
 
Unfortunately that wasn't what he was thinking now.
 
She was clutching his jacket with one hand, the other still wrapped around her lollipop and well out of the way. He watched her eyes register that she was falling, then that she hadn't, then they widened when she realized just how close he was now. She was so expressive, she didn't hide anything at all, didn't know how to, he was sure. “Seiya…”
 
Was all she managed. His mouth was suddenly covering hers.
 
The shock of sensation hit her. Oh but she wasn't supposed to kiss anyone else! She loved Mamoru… but as lovely as his kisses were… this one was so much nicer. Seiya knew what he was about, that was for sure, his kiss was slow and demanding, but not at all harsh.
 
Of their own volition her eyes fluttered down. Just for a moment, just one moment she'd enjoy this kiss. It was just a kiss after all… no harm… right?
 
“Chibi Chibi!” The lollipop in Usagi's hand suddenly disappeared. Though she'd forgotten all about it, it now missing she recognized. And Seiya recognized her distraction though Chibi Chibi's voice hadn't registered.
 
He stood up abruptly, realizing they had an audience, and nearly toppled Usagi the rest of the way to the ground. Damn, that was definitely an embarrassing way to end a kiss.
 
Taiki and Yaten looked vaguely amused, and Yaten was obviously deciding whether or not to laugh. Doubtlessly he'd be hearing later about how he needed to focus on their princess and stop playing around with Usagi. For the moment though, he was going to have to endure their amusement.
 
Minako didn't look happy. Ah, this wasn't good. “Uh… Minako…” she started, “It-it isn't what you think Seiya was being a bully and eating my candy and-and-and…”
 
Minako smiled, it took a second for the smile to form, but she managed it. She wasn't exactly happy, not per-say, but whatever choice Usagi made was hers to make. They'd talk about it later, for now though they would finish their night. “Already forgotten,” she lied. “Come on we still have the whole night!”
 
Usagi wasn't one hundred percent sure that spending any longer around Seiya was a good idea. But she couldn't very well get out of it. Forcing a fake laugh, one that everyone could always see through she forced herself to follow Minako around and pretend that the kiss hadn't happened.
 
Seiya wouldn't forget though, and smiling to himself he decided Usagi wouldn't get the chance to forget either. After all, they had the whole night ahead of them.
 
 
- -- --- ---- ----- ------ ------- -------- ---------
 
http://youkaiyume.deviantart.com/art/Seiya-Usagi-Halloween- Candy-142090041
This is the really noice piture this came from. I might kinda maybe one day turn this into more, but I don't have enough experience with this couple to write a convincingly long winded story.