Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Hana to Ai ❯ Two. ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Hana to Ai
Part: Two.
Series: Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon R
Pairing: Ail x Fiore, (Mamoru x Ail, Fiore + Mamoru)
Rating: PG-13
Warning: AU, combination of movie and series, OOC, mild angst

Note: This takes place after both the SMR movie and series, I am using the premise that both took place, and neither was AU. It has some links with events in both - but the majority of it has been changed.

Disclaimer: Haruka and Michiru are cousins...honestly...no no they don't sleep together…honestly...HA, more idiocy that would NOT have happened if Sailor Moon was mine... unfortunately it's not, and it was allowed....waaaaaah!


HANA TO AI.

// "You are him," Ail felt a small part of his heart chip away and die. He had thought Mamoru liked him for himself. Mamoru had said it was a slight resemblance that drew him, but that obviously was not the case.

"You are not him...who?" Fiore was getting worried by the actions of the man in front of him. It was strange to see someone who looked identical to him, he had no idea what was going on. Lowering his gaze to the ground, he tried to think, however his gaze shot back to the other man when he spoke.

"You are Mamoru's Fiore." //

PART TWO.

Fiore's blood ran cold as he registered what had been said - this stranger, this identical stranger knew about him, and he had no idea why, "Who are you?" he tried to keep the panic and suspicion from his voice, but he knew he wasn't doing a very good job. Taking a few steps backwards, he wrapped his arms about himself, and waited for an answer.

Ail watched Fiore move away into a protective stance and tried to think what to say; he was sure that Fiore had never been with Mamoru the way he had, and he couldn't exactly accuse him for existing and taking Mamoru from him - not when he had never had him in the first place. He tried to think of what he could say, and as the silence stretched on, he got the feeling that Fiore was about to run.

"I told you," he started to speak slowly, "I am Ail." he wanted to bang his head against the tree when he realised how stupid he sounded, gathering his thoughts, he tried again, "I was on Earth, in Japan for a time - I became... friends with Chiba Mamoru, he told me that I reminded him of someone - you, I reminded him of you."

"Oh." Fiore felt deflated as the anxious tension started to ease free of him, but bitterly he added, "Mamoru was never mine - he belongs to Sailor Moon and her dream for the future."

Ail felt bad for even thinking jealous thoughts, he could see as clearly as if he were feeling it himself, that Fiore had been and still was in love with Mamoru, and it had never been openly reciprocated - as far as Fiore knew, Mamoru had never thought of him as anything other than a friend.

"He did not know me,"

Ail looked up shocked, as Fiore continued speaking.

"When I appeared to him, he had no idea who I was - he thought that our childhood closeness had been a pleasant dream and nothing more," Fiore leant back against the tree and fought the tears that threatened to embarrass him in front of Ail, "I wanted him to remember, and the flower whispered to me that I should take him away, that I should kill Sailor Moon, kill her and take him for myself; so I tried." the tears started to trickle down his cheek, and he half-heartedly raised a hand to wipe them away, "He stopped me from killing her by using his own body as a shield - I hurt him instead," he slumped down until he was sitting. Raising his hands he looked at them, "I remember the feeling so clearly, as these nails drove into his body, as my hands damaged him, as I nearly killed Mamoru."

Ail was torn between wanting to hit the man for hurting Mamoru, and wanting to comfort him, instead he asked, "What flower?"

Fiore's lips turned upwards in a disgusted self-mocking smile, "A flower called Kisenian."

Ail gasped, he knew about the Kisenian flowers, it was something the tree had warned him and Anne about - looking down at the man in front of him, he felt respect for him, that he could shake off something so powerful, "How did you get caught by one of those?"

"I was looking for a flower to give to Mamoru." the other alien smiled as he thought about the past, "He gave me a rose before I left - it was the first and only time anyone had ever given me anything, and I wanted to repay the favour. I wanted to find the most beautiful flowers in all the galaxy and cover the Earth in them so it would make him happy." the smile faded though, "I wanted to be with him forever, so that no-one could abandon either of us again; but he'd forgotten all about me, and found others of his own species that he wanted to be with more than me - I don't blame him; I nearly killed both him and Sailor Moon, he has every right to hate me now - it wouldn't surprise me if he did."

Ail felt a small amount of anger growing, only it was directed at Mamoru. He knew damn well that the human remembered Fiore; he had after all told him about him. He wanted to know what Fiore meant when he said that he was abandoned, but realised that it would probably be a very touchy, painful subject - and he had spilt a lot of very personal details to a complete stranger already. Still one thing bothered him, and his pride wouldn't let it rest, so he blurted it out, "How did you nearly kill Sailor Moon - Anne and I tried many times whilst under the dark influence, but we never came close to succeeding."

"Who is Anne?" Fiore answered his question with one of his own.

"Ah," Ail suddenly remembered that he hadn't told Anne that their guest was awake. He hoped that she had enough sense to not want anything too intimate with the man - he knew that she still found him physically attractive, and having someone that looked like him, that was not him might prove to be too much of a temptation, even when it was obvious that he was interested in the male species - like Ail himself.

The expectant look on Fiore's face made him realise he hadn't answered, and he continued, "She is another of our species - we live here, just the two of us. We thought that we were the only two left, but now you're here I have to wonder if there are more of us on other trees. Anne will want to meet you, I was supposed to call her when you woke - she'll be surprised when she sees you though, you were a child when we found you."

"Yes, I was dying, I was too low on energy," Fiore hung his head to hide the tiny smile playing on his lips, "And that was because of Sailor Moon, and I'll answer your question - I had the Sailor Senshi teleport onto an asteroid that I was using as a base. It was covered in Kisenian spores and they fought. Sailor Moon freed me from the control of the flower, but not before I had set the asteroid on a collision course for Earth. She used her crystal to protect them as they entered the atmosphere and it took all her energy. She was about to stop breathing," the smile totally vanished as his the events replayed in his mind, "I couldn't bear looking at Mamoru being so sad, and knowing that I had caused it. I had always vowed that I'd protect him - that I'd never hurt him; and I knew that if she died, I would have hurt him permanently. So I poured all my strength into a flower and told him to take the nectar and give it to her - she lived and I left, thinking that I was going to die; but I would die somewhat content, knowing that Mamoru was happy, even if he didn't care about me... didn't care about me at all."

The anger at Mamoru blossomed again. He knew the man cared for Fiore, and yet somehow he had convinced the fragile being that he didn't care in the slightest. Not knowing what to say to defuse the sadness of the situation, he found himself glad that Anne suddenly appeared in the air overhead.

"Ail?" she questioned as she floated down and looked between them. Catching sight of the gold earrings on the man by the tree, she turned to face the other man with her hands on her hips, "You were supposed to tell me when he woke, Ail."

Ail was a little surprised that she could tell them both apart straight away, and that she wasn't having a fit about Fiore looking exactly like him; but then he supposed, she had always been unflappable when he thought she wouldn't be - and visa versa.

"Ah sorry," he smiled charmingly at her, hoping that he hadn't made her mad - he didn't think it would be a good idea to introduce Fiore to Anne's temper too soon, "He only just woke - and we were sort of... interested in why we look the same."

"I see," Anne glared at him, a glare that promised much nagging later. Turning she smiled prettily at their guest and waited for him to stand, before bowing slightly - a Japanese custom that she found charming and used to, "My name is Anne."

"Fiore," he answered with a small smile of his own.

"Are you feeling better now?" she looked up at him with big worried eyes, "We were worried; when Ail found you, you were nearly dead."

"Thank you," Fiore's smile grew a fraction, "Your tree has restored most of my energy and I am ... grateful."

To Ail's trained ears, it sounded as if Fiore was anything other than grateful. Resolving to keep an eye on the other man, he watched as Anne swept him towards the living area of the planet, and followed along, hoping that Anne really wouldn't do anything stupid towards the heart-sick man.

He watched all evening, as Anne busied and fussed over Fiore, and how the other alien seemed bemused and a little hesitant to accept the attention he was being given. He supposed it had more to do with Fiore being abandoned, and spending the majority of his life on his own - it seemed a very lonely way to exist.

Looking up at the stars, he wondered again what Mamoru could have done to convince the man that he didn't know him, and didn't care at all. If Fiore decided to stay with them, he would have Anne keep an eye on him, whilst he made the two week long trip back to Earth to pick up a few more things, and have a word with a certain Chiba Mamoru.


* * * * * * * * * * *

The final bell of the day sounded, and Tsukino Usagi belted out from the classroom at a run. For once she'd gotten through the day with no detention, and she had a date in the park with her beloved Mamo-chan. Waving goodbye to her friends, she ran down to the gates with a smile. Waiting for her, like the perfect gentleman was her Mamo-chan.

Slowing to a stop, she noticed that for a split second he looked sad and miserable, as if something was weighing on him; but it disappeared so quickly that she convinced herself that it was her imagination - after all, he was always happy to see her, and happy to be in love with her and only her.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Anne was going to be a problem - Ail decided as he watched her fussing and mothering slowly change to gentle teasing and flirting. Fiore looked totally out of his depth, and he knew that he should intervene, but he couldn't think of a way to do it that wouldn't get Anne on his case later.

He was certain that he couldn't leave to go back to Earth for a few weeks, in the time he would be gone, Anne would have stepped up her campaign and made Fiore feel very uncomfortable - because it was highly unlikely that he would return her affection; and even if he did - he didn't want Anne to be Fiore's rebound replacement.

Then the idea hit him, it was so simple that he realised he should have thought of it before.

"Fiore," he strode over to where Anne was trying to get Fiore to play a game of cards, "Did you want to stay here with Anne and I?"

Anne, who had been glaring daggers at the interruption, lit up and turned to Fiore, "That would be wonderful if you did - you're one of us after all!"

Fiore looked from Ail to Anne and back again; it was the first time he'd ever been asked to live with someone, and know that he could stay. Little Mamoru from so long ago had wanted him to live on Earth, but the place was unsuitable to stay for extended periods of time, and he'd had to leave. But here, here he would be supported by the power of the tree, and have two other people from his own species to be with. Choked up with feelings, he nodded his head.

Anne squealed happily and flung her arms about his neck, making him slightly uncomfortable, "You're going to love living here," she enthused, "Living with Ail and I - another member of our family."

Seeing that Fiore really was getting uncomfortable, Ail moved on to the second stage of his plan, "If Fiore is going to live with us - we're going to need another bed, and more stuff."

"You're right," Anne sat up and looked thoughtful, "Normally we could just use the power from the tree to create it; but it used a lot of energy to replenish Fiore - we won't be able to use if for anything other than basic living for about three Earth months."

"I'm sorry," Fiore hung his head, feeling ashamed. He had been taken in by these two, and it would be a strain on them for months because of it.

"Oh no," Anne hastened to reassure him, "I didn't mean it like that Fiore - I didn't mean to offend you."

Ail interrupted before Anne could dig herself in any deeper and scare the man away, "Anne - can I talk with you a second."

Leaving the room, he waited for Anne to follow.

"What is it Ail?" she asked, slightly concerned. She hoped that he hadn't noticed her behaviour towards Fiore. When they had agreed that they were to be platonic friends rather than lovers, she had been incredibly disappointed - she understood his reasons, but it didn't change the fact that she was still in love with him; and having someone appear that was like Ail and yet not was causing her to feel things again, that she needed to keep a lid on.

"One of us needs to go back to Earth and get some things to transport over - I would have suggested we all go, but Fiore has just had a massive power transfusion and it might make him ill to make the journey," Ail kept all mention of Mamoru free from his speech, he hadn't told Anne about him and the human, and it would be Fiore's choice to tell her if he wanted to.

"I was thinking the same thing," Anne leant back against the wall with a sigh, "I would offer to go, but I need to tend the saplings - they're at a tender stage and if anything disrupts them, then they'll die - and you're not as careful as I am when it comes to feeding them."

She was seeing things exactly how he'd hoped she would, now he just needed to make sure that she'd leave Fiore to his own devices whilst he was gone, "Yes well, I'm not good with the little plants. But if I go, you need to make sure that Fiore is alright - it seems to me that he's gone through something big, and isn't used to companionship - we need to tread carefully around him to start with, ease him into the idea of having family and friends that aren't going to hurt him, or demand more than he's willing to give."

"You're right," she lowered her head, acknowledging the gentle rebuke, lifting her head again, she smiled, "You ought to tell him that you're going away for a short time - and then head straight off; the sooner you're gone, the sooner you'll be back."

"Thanks Anne - I knew you'd understand." he smiled and pulled her into a close hug, for a moment just relishing the feel of someone else's body against his own.

Letting her go, he entered the living room, and strode over towards Fiore, preparing to explain his up-coming absence to his new friend.