Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Harsh Realities ❯ Henshin ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: This story takes place in the first season, from before the first episode to before we find out Sailor Moon is Princess Serenity. The idea is that Luna doesn't remember anything but bits and pieces of what happened during the Moon Kingdom. This one turned out rather better than expected, though I'm not sure I like the ending...I may change it later on.
 
Disclaimer: Sailor Moon is owned by Naoko Takeuchi. I just own the idea.
 
~~~~~~~~
 
Henshin
 
“Take care of my daughter,” My queen said, right before a bright light engulfed me. I slept and dreamed of what took place on the Moon during the Silver Millennium; the days before and right up to the time I was sealed in this capsule. I woke to the same bright light. There, in front of me, stood my queen. She was slightly transparent and I saw a silvery sheen of tears running down her cheeks. “My dear friend. I'm sorry to wake you suddenly.”
 
I felt my form shift and change and I stood from my position on the floor to bow at Queen Serenity. “What's the matter, my queen? Why are you...?”
 
“Do you remember what happened?” she asked.
 
“Yes,” I answered, hesitantly.
 
“Queen Beryl has escaped the seal I placed her under. You have to go find my daughter.”
 
“How?” I asked, feeling discouraged.
 
“Look for the aura of the moon. The one who is covered in it will help you to find my daughter. That's all I can say now. Good luck,” she said, giving me a hug. After the hug was over, I felt myself slip back into my cat form. “And be careful, Luna,” she finished before I was sent to Earth permanently.
 
~~~~~~~~~
 
I woke in an alley in a dirt filled city. The smoke and filth permeated my skin and fur. I jumped onto a low wall and started to clean myself. When I was finished, I jumped down, only to be immediately doused with noxious water from a puddle a big machine ran through. (I found out later it was called a “bus”.) I jumped up the the wall and started walking on it. It wasn't much better for my poor feet, but at least it kept me away from the nasty puddles.
 
As soon as I could, I found an intelligent looking Earth person and jumped down in front of them. I misjudged...
 
“EEEK! CAT!!!” the woman screamed before running away.
 
I sighed and continued to walk.
 
~~~~~~~~~
 
It was the next day that I made my first of many mistakes. I finally found someone who liked cats and stepped in front of them.
 
“Oh, what a cute kittie...”
 
I cleared my throat. “Excuse me, but I'm not a 'kittie',” I said, with some asperity. I hate that word, kittie. Anyway, the man took one look at me and fainted.
 
I stepped up to sniff him and I heard him mumbling, “A talking cat. There's no such thing as talking cats. It was just my imagination...”
 
So I ran.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
What type of crazy world was I in anyway? When I was on the moon, everyone was used to me talking, but here...
 
I decided to do a little research before I continued my search. I needed to find out all I could about the city I was in. This is where I made my second mistake. I pulled a paper out of the trash can and sat down to read it. I was spotted, not once, but five times by the people walking around the city. I was chased three times and my picture was taken twice. By the time I found a place to curl up and go to sleep that night, I was tired, hungry, and thoroughly frustrated. I better find the Princess soon. Or this girl with the Moon aura.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Sneaking peeks as I could at the papers or watching the “television” as I heard one human call it, allowed me to keep track as the years passed. About a year after I arrived on Earth, I saw a semi-familiar girl in a semi-familiar outfit and a white cat plastered across the news bulletin. You see, the more time I spent on Earth, the more I was confused. I remember I was awakened by someone important to me, and I remembered I was supposed to be looking for a girl with the moon aura and my princess, but I didn't remember anything else.
 
I heard the girl on the news call herself Sailor V, which brought up some thoroughly confusing memories. Then there was the white cat...He seemed important somehow...
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I sensed the Moon aura the next day. I followed the group of girls I sensed the aura coming from into an arcade. There I was met by a tall blond man. “Hello, kitty. Oy, Usagi-san. Is this your cat?”
 
“Nope, my brother hates cats, Motoki-oniisan.”
 
“I'm sorry, little one. You have to get out. My father has rules against pets in the arcade.”
 
I sensed an energy coming from one of the consoles in the arcade and decided to investigate further. So, when I got outside, I decided to place a spell so the doors would recognize my signature and let me in. “Thank Selene I can still do magic of some sort,” I whispered when I was done.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
That night, I sneaked into the arcade and walked around and jumped up on the console that was letting off strange bursts of energy. I placed my paw on the screen and jumped back about five feet when the screen lit up and said, “Welcome, Luna. I've been waiting for you.”
 
“H...how did you know it was me?”
 
“I am your link to the Moon Kingdom. Please state password...”
 
I thought for a minute, then remembered the nickname of my princess. I smiled slightly as I said, “The rabbit on the moon makes rice cakes.”
 
The console voice paused then a mechanical chuckle was heard. “The rice cakes were sticky.”
 
I smiled and responded, “When I cooked them, they puffed up.”
 
“Have you found the Moon aura yet?”
 
“Once, but I lost it.”
 
“Continue looking then. Come back when you have found the Moon aura.”
 
“Yes, sir.” The console went dark and I sat for a few minutes thinking. That voice sounded so familiar...
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
In the next couple weeks, my patiences and resources were tested to the limits and past when a group of young boys decided to use me for their own sport. I hid from them them most I could but in the end, they caught me and decided to put a band-aide on my crescent moon. That caused me to act like a regular cat. I could no longer talk or look for the Moon Princess, or the Moon aura. What was worse was that I had sensed the aura the day before that happened, which was how I was caught.
 
I was waiting in alley for the young girl with the moon aura. She always ran by that alley and I thought the morning would be the best time to follow her. Unfortunately, the day I was waiting, the group of boys found me.
 
“Oooh, look. It's that crescent moon kitty. Let's hide the hideous bald spot,” said the leader, laughing maliciously.
 
“Yeah!”
 
“Okay!”
 
“Cool!”
 
I groaned to my self and tried to hide, but I hadn't eaten in several days and was too slow. The leader caught me and one of his minions pulled out two band-aides and next thing I know, I was sitting and meowing, watching as a blond haired girl in a very familiar hair-styled chased the boys off. She pulled off the band-aide and I pounced over her head, more in fright than anything else.
 
As I turned around and faced her, I realized this was the girl I was looking for. Before I could say anything, she looked at her watch and took of running, shouting something about being late.
 
I followed her aura, which streaked behind her like a comet's tail and watched as she went through her school day. I then followed her afterwards, shaking my head at her test score, her hitting the nice young man, that, again, seemed very familiar, and finally home, where her mother kicked her out of her house for her bad grade.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Patience was never my strong suit, but I waited until she was let inside and she went up to her room. I leaped at once to her bed and watched her as she dreamed. Then I woke her up.
 
“Oh, you're the kitty with the crescent shaped bald spot from this morning.”
 
I cringed. Did I mention how I HATE the word kitty. And referring to my crescent moon symbol as a bald spot. I shook off my annoyance and said, “Usagi,” I had heard her mother call her this. “Usagi, I have been looking for you.” The poor girl got frightened, not that I could blame her, considering all things, but I continued on. “First I wanted to thank you for taking those band-aides off this morning. My resources were really limited with those on.” I made a bow the best I could. “Thank you very much, Usagi.”
 
I straightened to see the girl pinching herself and mumbling, “This is a dream. It has to be a dream.”
 
I frowned and spoke a little harshly. “This is not a dream!” I gathered my power and jumped in the air, creating a compact. I was amazed. This girl was high enough in the courtiers to be granted the moon compact. Well, she was a guardian of the Princess after all. “There is an evil and you must help me defeat it and find the moon princess, who is the only one who can seal this evil away.”
 
“M...me?”
 
I cleared my throat. “Take this moon compact.”
 
Usagi shook her head.
 
“You still don't believe me? Then say, 'Moon Prism Power, Make-up!'” To my amazement, the girl picked up the compact, which she called a brooch, and said the phrase. I watched in amazement as a pink flash occurred and ribbons turned her into Sailor Moon. “You are Sailor Moon.”
 
“Wh...?” She paused and said, “Naru's in trouble.” She ran out and I followed her.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
When we got to the jewelry store, where this 'Naru' person was, we found someone from the Dark Kingdom already there. “Help, my mom is trying to kill me!”
 
“I'm not your mother, girl.”
 
“Hold it right there.”
 
“Who's there?”
 
“I'm am the pretty suited sailor soldier of love and justice, Sailor Moon. In the name of the moon, I will punish you!”
 
“Heh, heh, heh. Minions, rise!”
 
Sailor Moon became too scared to do more than scream, which distracted the Youma and the zombies. When the Youma stopped being distracted by the cries, she went after Sailor Moon again. Suddenly, a red rose flew down and stopped the Youma in it's tracks.
 
His words, which were very similar to mine, allowed Sailor Moon get up and defeat the Youma with her “Moon Tiara Magic!” attack. When the Youma was defeated, all of the others were returned to normal and Sailor Moon and I escaped out the back.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Not much has changed since then, but she is getting better. I haven't been able to find the Moon Princess yet, but I can feel we're getting close. Sailor Moon hasn't been much help, but Central Control, the console in the arcade, seems convinced she is the key.
 
Selene help us if that's the case, but we shall see. Perhaps she will turn out better than I imagine her to be right now, but the only think I can do is wait, and watch, for that change to occur.