Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Heart and Flame ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

I don't own Sailor Moon… I own the ideas held within this fic. So don't borrow without asking. This contains yuri, girl/girl relationship, so if you are against lesbianism… I suggest you get your ass away from my fic. Don't flame me if you read this and totally disagree with the adult themes held within. Enjoy! ^_^

All comments and criticisms go to: ruka_chan2004@yahoo.com.

Heart and Flame

By: Ruka-chan

"Hurry up we're late," the raven-haired girl said with frustration in her voice, "It's your fault if we don't make it to our classes, Usa-chan!"

"I'm coming, you don't need to be so rude, Rei-chan!" said the blonde irritated.

You wouldn't know by the looks of the two girls that they were best friends. During time of need, they were always there for each other. While running to school Usagi slipped on some rocks and fell forward exposing her satin pantied tush to Rei. At the sight of this Rei grinned with an evil look on her face. Usagi not knowing that her friend looked down at her with lust, but Rei quickly helped Usagi up. Brushing herself off, Usagi looked up and her bright sapphire eyes met with two lovely amethyst eyes.

"Rei-chan what do you think you are doing?" exclaimed Usagi in surprise.

"Uh, nothing" said Rei as she quickly resumed her stance, "What would I be doing?" trying to make herself sound innocent.

Usagi looked down at her watch and shrieked. They were way too late for school. And there was no way to make it in time to reach their third class.

"Oh well," said Rei "I guess we will just have to wait for everybody else to get out of school. Why don't we just go back to the shrine."

"No way! Did pyro just say she wanted to skip?" said Usagi shocked.

"It's not like that it's just…"Rei paused for a few seconds "well it is too late to be showing up that's all."

"Really… I believe that for a second." replied Usagi slyly "So where is this guy you're hiding huh? There has got to be a guy otherwise you wouldn't be so reluctant to skip school." Said Usagi accusingly.

Rei blushed profusely at this accusation and shot Usagi a harsh glare. Rei replied, "There is no guy and actually I don't really feel like going to school today, Odango-Atama!"

"I told you not to call me that! Pyro!" Said Usagi in anger.

"Hey!"

They both started heading for the Hikawa Shrine when Usagi stopped abruptly. She spun around and faced Rei.

"Why do you want to go back to the shrine anyway?" Asked a curious Usagi.

"Well… I'm not sure…" Rei hesitated and spoke again, "I guess I don't want to be seen in public…"

"Go on…" Usagi folded her arms.

"In public with you!" said Rei with an evil grin.

"Oh Rei-chan you are always so mean!" said Usagi "Why do you always have to be so mean?"

At that moment small tears began to gather at the corners of Usagi's crystal blue eyes. Rei drooped her head down realizing what she said hurt her best friend, and she replied, "I don't know but maybe I can answer that when we get to the shrine, okay? That will give me a little time to think."

As they made their way to the shrine neither of them made a sound. Rei began to think about why she was being so mean to Usagi, she was being overly protective of herself. Why was she doing this? Then something hit her, something that made her cringe with disgust of herself, her feelings have been going berserk when she was around Usagi and the usual annoyance of her friend had dropped dramatically. As they reached the stone steps leading up, Usagi turned around and faced Rei waiting for her answer.

"Can we go into my room to discuss this?" said Rei "I don't think I want anyone else to hear."

'Hear what, is it that secretive?' Usagi asked herself.

They climbed the stone steps that lead to the Hikawa Shrine and entered. They left their shoes at the entrance and took their school stuff with them. Usagi followed Rei into her bedroom. There they sat down on Rei's futon. The silence between them grew while Rei fought with herself trying to figure out why she had been acting like she had.

"There was something you wanted to tell me, Rei-chan?" asked Usagi softly.

Carefully choosing her words before she answered, Rei said, "Well there is this person that I really like and I don't know how to tell them…"

"Go on if you want." Said Usagi coolly.

"Also I don't know if they feel the same way about me." Rei replied.

"I'm not sure whether or not I can help you in that department," Usagi continued "Do you try to hint to them that you like them?"

"Well I have sorta been really mean to them lately, but I guess that doesn't help much does it?" Rei said. 'Oh my gosh what am I doing, how can I go through with this. She doesn't even know that she is the one I am in love with. How can I possibly tell her?!'

"You know what it sounds like you need, to me?" asked Usagi.

"What?"

"You need a night away from all your chores and the temple." Usagi then smiled and went on "I will ask my mom if it's cool with you spending the night. We will have so much fun. And maybe while you're over, you will find a way to tell this person how you feel. How does that sound?"

Without even thinking "I would love to. Thanks Usa-chan!" Rei leaned over and grabbed Usagi in a bear hug.

"Great! See you tonight then." Usagi then started to head home. While walking she thought to herself. 'Since when did Rei-chan start calling me Usa-chan? Oh well.'

Usagi arrived at her house 20 minutes after her discussion with Rei at the Hikawa Shrine. She asked her mother if it was cool with Rei staying the night and she said, "She can come over on one condition Usagi, you have to have your room and everything else cleaned up!"

"But, MOM! I don't have time for that." Yelled Usagi.

"You'll do it or she won't come over, and even if she doesn't come over you're still cleaning your room and everything else!"

"Fine!" said Usagi, who then hmphed.

Five hours later Usagi's mother yelled, "Usagi-chan! Rei-chan is here. Your father and I are going out for the evening, Chibi-Usa-chan is over at Hotaru-chan's and Shingo-kun is at one of his friend's. We'll be back around three, so behave!"

Usagi came running down the stairs and gave her mother a hug and kiss good-bye. Usagi and Rei then went upstairs. When Rei entered Usagi's room she looked amazed to find that Usagi had cleaned the entire room. "Wow, so you can clean. If you would try to learn not to be late for school and you would be set for life!" Rei said sarcastically. Usagi pouted at this remark and then sat down on her bed.

"So what do you want to do now Rei-chan?"

"Thought we could watch a movie, I brought some with me if that's okay with you." Said Rei.

"How about Mononoke-hime? I really like that one."

"Okay."

Rei put her belongings away and joined Usagi downstairs. Rei handed the movie to Usagi who put it in and sat down on the couch next to Rei. Rei could smell Usagi's hair and perfume, she could tell it was a lavender smell that had overwhelmed her senses. 'Oh Kami-sama she smells so good. That perfume is so enticing. Get a hold of yourself, Rei.'

Halfway through the movie Usagi fell asleep and slumped over and landed on Rei's lap. Not thinking Rei put her arm around Usagi. Usagi woke a few minutes later and found Rei's arm around her. Startled by this she quickly said, "Rei why do you have your arm around me?" Rei quickly pulled back and said "I don't know?!" Frightened, Rei stood up and ran up stairs into Usagi's room, all the while tears streaming down her crimson cheeks. By the time Usagi caught up to Rei, she found her face down on the bed. Her cries were being muffled by one of the pillows.

"What's wrong Rei-chan?" asked a very confused Usagi. "Why are you crying?"

Usagi sat down next to her friend on the bed, grabbed Rei, and held her. Rei leaned her head on Usagi's shoulder as she continued to cry, while Usagi continued to comfort her. Usagi waited until Rei had stopped crying and then asked her calmly "Okay, calm down and tell me what's the matter."

Still sniffling Rei replied, "I don't know what has come over me lately…" a tear came down her cheek and Usagi wiped it away. Rei looked up at Usagi and then out of nowhere, she pressed her lips to Usagi's. Rei waited for her to pull away, but instead found that Usagi leaned into the kiss. It lasted for about two minutes when Usagi broke off.

"Where did that come from?" Usagi stared at Rei in wonder.

"I don't know? I'm sorry, maybe I should leave."

"No, please don't, we need to talk."

Rei wondered how Usagi could still stand to be in her presence after what she had just done.

'Why would she still want me to stay? It doesn't make sense. I had expected her to push me away and tell me to get the hell away from her.' Rei felt ashamed and Usagi could tell.

"Rei-chan is it okay if I ask you something?"

"Hai, what is it?"

"When you said that you liked someone, is this someone one of the senshi?"

"Hai."

"And does she have golden blonde hair?"

"Hai."

"Is she beautiful, and is she in this room with you at this very moment?" Usagi questioned her again. "Well?"

Rei looked down at her hands folded in her lap and reluctantly answered "Hai."

Usagi looked shocked at Rei for a moment and regained her composure. She took her thumb and index finger, and took hold of Rei's chin. She leaned forward and she kissed Rei with more passion than she had ever done with Mamoru.

Rei and Usagi continued to kiss. Letting each other explore the other's body. While taking a moment to breathe, Rei stopped Usagi's hands from unbuttoning her shirt.

"Usa-chan, wait. Should we really be doing this?" Rei questioned. "What about Mamoru-baka? If you do feel the same way about me, what are you going to do about him?"

Usagi didn't answer; she was too busy staring at the angel that sat next to her. "Hmmm? What did you say?"

"What are we going to do about Mamoru-baka?"

"Well I hate to say this, but the only reason I stayed with him so long was because we were bonded together. We were soul mates. But, I just don't feel that link between me and him anymore." Usagi hesitated and then continued, never looking away from the beautiful sight in front of her. "When we kissed I felt something, I knew that it wasn't just a kiss. It meant a lot more. Like something deep inside of me woke up. Yet, I don't know what it was."

"I don't want to be the cause for your relationship being destroyed between you and Mamoru. You know that, right?" Rei stopped for a moment to gather what she wanted to say. "Do you still love him?"

"I honestly can say that I don't. I don't know why I liked him in the first place. He has betrayed me so many times. And with the so-called 'brainwashing' when we were fighting Queen Beryl, he has hurt me so many times. Never having a moment when he totally redeemed himself. He treated me like crap and broke up with me once over a dream because he was too big a baby to discuss it like adults."

Usagi fought back tears. Until she couldn't stand it any longer and broke down crying. Rei comforted her, she felt like beating the living hell out of Mamoru. 'That worthless rat, how could he do that to poor Usa-chan.' She laid a gentle kiss upon Usagi's forehead then said, "It's okay Usa-chan, I'm here for you. Cry as much as you need. Just don't drown us." Rei let out a little laugh. When Usagi stopped crying she continued.

"You know what? Mamo-chan doesn't deserve me. I'm too good to go wasting tears on a jerk like him! I think I will tell him tomorrow."

"Usa-chan, how are you going to tell him?" Rei said. "Inquiring minds want to know, namely me!"

"Well, I will tell him that I need to talk to him and for him to meet me at Crown Game Center. Then, I will tell him that it isn't working out between us and that I don't love him anymore. He will beg me not to leave. Then as I walk away, I will say that there is someone new in my life. And I shall end it there, making him wonder who could be better than he is."

"Damn, Usa-chan whatever you do keep it like that. It is perfect, he will be crushed. One question though. What will the other senshi think? I know Haruka and Michiru will be happy for us because they went through what we are going through right now. Should we tell them or try and keep it a secret? You know that if we try and keep it secret the others will find out by the way we act."

"Maybe we should focus on Mamoru-baka and then worry about the other senshi later."

"Yeah, that sounds good." Rei looked at the clock. "It's 2:30 a.m. don't you think we should go to sleep? After all you have to break the news to Mamoru-baka."

"Good point Rei-chan."

The two girls went upstairs to get their pajamas on. After they got dressed, they got in bed. Usagi drifted off to sleep before Rei could tell her she loved her. 'Oh well I guess I could wait to tell her later." No sooner had she stopped thinking about it, sleep had soon taken over her.

Later that morning, Rei and Usagi were asleep when Usagi's mom came in to see if they were awake. She woke them up and Rei got dressed. Usagi did the same after taking a nice long shower, which she needed.

"Bunny-chan, I have to go to the shrine, but I will talk to you later. Bye!"

"Bye, I am going to the Game Center, Mamoru-baka is waiting for me there. Bye!"

Usagi walked down to Crown Game Center, it was a nice arcade that also had the newest Sailor V game to play. Usagi spotted Mamoru and sat down next to him.

"Good morning, Usa-ko, how have you been?" said Mamoru in a cheerful voice, not sensing the impending doom that was soon to come to his worthless and pathetic life.

"Why good morning Mamo-chan! How did you sleep? 'Horribly I hope.' We have to talk." Said

Usagi slyly.

"About what?"

"About us. This relationship isn't working out. I have given my all and realized it would come to this. I don't love you anymore. I don't have any feelings for you anymore." Mamoru's mouth dropped in terror and expected her to clobber him upside the head for something he said or did wrong.

"Are you sure about this Usa-ko?"

"Please stop. I am not your Usa-ko anymore. I don't want to have any more to do with you."

"Wait Usagi-chan, what did I do wrong. I have done everything for you. I love you deeply and sincerely! Please don't say this. I love -" Before Mamoru could finish his sentence Usagi cut him off.

"There is no hope begging me to not leave you. In fact, it is disgusting me to be in your presence when you are in this state. I am taking my leave. I have found another to love who returns my love equally. See you around, baka!"

Usagi left and Mamoru just sat there astonished. 'Who the hell could be better than me. I am going to be the King of Crystal Tokyo for Kami-sama's sake!' Usagi smiled all the way to the shrine, waiting to tell Rei what happened.

When Usagi had reached the Hikawa Shrine steps, she leapt them two at a time. She found that Rei wasn't inside the shrine, so she walked around the shrine and shouted, "Bunny-chan is here! Where is my tall, dark and beautiful loud-mouth brat?!" Then out of nowhere Rei, who was hiding in the bushes, leapt out and tackled Usagi to the ground. Then a pair of ruby red lips locked Usagi's rosy pink lips and held each other in a loving embrace.

"So how did he take it?"

"Well let me put it this way… he started begging me to not leave him." Rei and Usagi both let out evil laughs.

Meanwhile, back at the Crown Game Center, Mamoru mumbled to himself. "Who the hell could be better than me? When I find that pussy, I'll make him regret even laying eyes on my Usa-ko! Now all I have to do is follow her around… yeah that will work. But, I have to make sure she never spots me."

Back at the shrine, Rei and Usagi had started to discuss how they were going to break the news to the other senshi.

"Hey Usa-chan, are you even ready to tell the other senshi about us?"

"I don't know. I want to tell them, but then again, I don't. What if they are disgusted with us? Or don't to be friends with us anymore, and think that we wouldn't be able to full fill our senshi duties?"

"Haven't you noticed that lesbians make good senshi? Haruka and Michiru are great at the job they have to do. So what makes you think that we wouldn't be able to do the same?"

"Good point, but I just don't think I am ready to tell the others yet. Okay?"

"Fine, tell me when you think the best time is to tell them."

The next day after school, Rei and Usagi walked to the Hikawa Shrine, where all the senshi are meeting to study and then discuss senshi business. Usagi thought that at the meeting would be the best time to tell the others and Rei agreed.

In a low, quiet voice, "There is Usa-ko, turning the corner. Now I just have to follow her until she reaches the shrine." Mamoru paused for a moment when he heard a low, husky voice and laughter like when he would talk to Usagi. He looked around the corner to find that Usagi was alone with Rei and not a guy in sight, "Hmm, there had to have been a guy around. She used to laugh and carry on like that around me. But, where did he go? I swear I heard a low husky voice, like that of a male's!"

"Usa-chan, that's not right!" Rei said half-serious and half-giggling.

"Oh no, I've been bad…" Usagi said with a twinge of mischief in her voice, "…are you going to

punish me?" she said in a low voice.

'Damn it, I can hear that voice again. He must have slipped in that store when I looked around the corner. I will look once more and then wait 'til they start walking again.' Thought Mamoru.

Mamoru waited until he could hear them walking away before slinking out of the shadows. But, as soon as he followed Usagi, he noticed that Rei and had been the only one he saw with her.

And with that, Mamoru decided to give up his mission. He headed for his apartment complex, confused out of his mind. He thought to himself for a while and had an evil plan cultivated in his mind to win Usagi back.

"Perfect! I have the ultimate plan to get Usa-ko back!" And with that, Mamoru was off to his apartment complex to put his plan into motion.

Meanwhile, back at the shrine, "Where are those two?" said Makoto.

"It's not like Rei-chan to miss a meeting."

"Yeah, Ami-chan, it is totally like Usagi-chan. But, not Rei-chan!" Minako chimed in.

When Rei and Usagi had gotten to the steps of the shrine, the others were already in there, including Haruka and Michiru, waiting for them.

Suddenly at that exact moment, Rei and Usagi walked into the shrine. The others just stared, seeing that Rei and Usagi had walked in together, holding hands. Rei spoke up, breaking the silence.

"And what are you guys doing, just sitting there, mouths agape?"

Usagi piped up, "Yeah! Why are you guys just staring at us?"

Then all of a sudden, Setsuna and Michiru both handed Haruka twenty dollars.

"Thank you." Haruka slowly drawled, and took the money from both of them. While they muttered under their breathe.

"Let's not bet against Haruka-baka in the future…" Said Setsuna to Michiru very quietly. Michiru nodded in reply.

Rei furrowed her eyebrows. "What the hell was that? Haruka-chan you better explain…" Said Rei, while tapping her foot.

"I think I will leave that up to you AND Koneko-chan!" Haruka put her hands behind her head, as she leaned back in her chair next to Michiru. Who was still debating with Setsuna on if they should get her back.

At that precious point, the miko and her princess both turned lovely shades of crimson. "Uh… well um…" Rei paused. "Why don't you explain Usa-chan?!"

"Whaa??! You want me to??" Said Usagi flailing her arms about. As Rei got behind her and pushed her forward, Usagi tripped on a wrinkle in the carpet and crashed down on the hard floor, Rei falling down on top of her.

Ami and Makoto both shook their heads. "Oi…" Said Makoto, "Once a klutz, always a klutz."

It took two hours for Usagi to explain the entire situation, getting help from Rei once in a while. Everyone was happy for Rei and Usagi, all except for Luna. Luna was furious and was thrown into a closet until she stopped cursing at Usagi and Rei. Claiming that they were going to ruin Chibi-Usa's future. Usagi thought that it would be nice without the brat hanging around all the time. Artemis didn't stop twitching during the entire explanation, as Minako held and petted him.

It was getting late and everyone had already left. "Rei-chan?"

"Hai?"

"I'm sorry, but I can't spend the night with you tonight." Rei looked downtrodden, and Usagi kissed her on the lips. "I know… you want me to stay. But if I do, I will be in SO much trouble with mom."

"I know… you better go before it gets too late, or dark for that matter. Would you like me to walk you home?" Rei wiggled her eyebrows suggestively and poked Usagi a few inches below her belly button. Usagi's eyes bugged and she slapped Rei's intruding hand away.

"Are you TRYING to make it so that I don't go home at all tonight?"

" No, of course not. Why would I do that?" Rei asked innocently, wishing the entire time that Usagi would change her mind and stay.

"And no, I don't need an escort." Usagi put her hands on her hips. "I'm perfectly capable of walking to my house by myself, thanks much."

"Aw… fine… but you better leave before I do something that WILL make you stay." Rei grinned mischievously. Usagi rolled her eyes and gave Rei a quick little kiss on the lips.

" I will see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Oookay…" Rei started to pout, but slapped Usagi's butt when she headed for the door and looked up at the ceiling, whistling when Usagi looked back at her. "I thought you were leaving."

"I am! That is if you stop teasing!"

"Ok, ok, I'm done… sheesh…"

Usagi walked down the stone steps, away from the shrine. Thinking about Rei and all the things that she would love to do with her, but couldn't, tonight anyway. Usagi was so busy with her thoughts that she didn't notice someone walking behind her for the past fifteen minutes.

"Why hello, Usagi-chan. What are you doing out so late?" Said a familiar voice.

"Huh? Who's there?"

"It's only me, Mamo-chan. Nothing to worry about…" He said with a devilish grin on his face. `Yet.' He thought to himself.

"Oh… you… what do YOU want?"

"Nothing much…" Mamoru grabbed her wrist and flung her down on the ground in an alley.

"Mamoru-baka! What are you doing?!" Screamed a frantic Usagi. "Get away from me!"

"No. I don't think so. You will pay for the suffering you have caused me!"

Mamoru screamed back at her and pinned her down to the ground with one hand. He closed the distance between their mouths in a matter of seconds, while Usagi struggled to get away from him. He ripped her shirt open down the front and fondled her breasts, squeezing them hard enough to hurt her. Fat tears rolled down Usagi's bright red cheeks.

Stilling holding her pinned to the ground, Mamoru pulled at the cotton panties she wore until they were complete off. He got up form his squatting position and straddled Usagi so she couldn't get away. He unbuckled his belt and unzipped his pants, releasing his manhood from within the confines of his boxers.

"Like I said, you will pay for what you did." He snarled at her, as she stared at him with pleading eyes.

"Mamoru-baka, stop! Someone help! Please!" She cried, still struggling from his grasp.

He continued his assault by pinning her with one hand and lifting the edge of her skirt past her most private place. Mamoru placed himself just mere inches away from Usagi's virgin-sex. He glared at her coldly. He thrust himself deep within her, tearing her hymen apart, her screams echoing off the brick walls of the alley. The tears streamed down her face endlessly, she wished that he would stop.

"I… will… make… you… love… me… again!" He shouted, with each word he thrust himself into her.

Mamoru kept thrusting into her, until she lay there unconscious. He exited her, using her skirt to clean himself off. He zipped his pants, then buckled his belt and kicked Usagi hard in the side.

"Fuck you, you stupid bitch!" He screamed in a blind rage.

With his job done, he walked the short distance to his apartment building. On the way he saw a woman standing on a corner in a short, red dress and high heels.

"Well, hello there. Would you like an escort to where ever you are going?"

"Sure, but I'm going home."

"Then I guess I am too." She winked at Mamoru and then walked the rest of the way to Mamoru's apartment with him.

The next morning, Rei went out for a jog to clear her mind. While going past one of the alleyways. Something caught her eye. `Oh Kami-sama… please let it be someone else…' She walked down the alley and looked down at the body lying before her eyes. She swallowed hard and walked closer.

"Usa-chan!" Rei cried out. She quickly picked up the girl and ran back to the shrine with her slung over one shoulder.

"Yuuchiro! Get the car now!"

"Hey Rei-chan, what's wrong? Usagi-san! What happened?"

"I don't know! But we have to get her to the hospital! SO GO GET THE CAR!!" Yuuichiro ran around the back and pulled the car around. Rei got Usagi into the car and they took her to the hospital.

Rei paced in the waiting area, mumbling under her breathe, while Yuuichiro was seated, reading a magazine. Yuuichiro looked up from his magazine to watch Rei pace back and forth.

"Rei-chan… you okay?" He said, brushing his wild bangs out of his view.

She grunted in reply and continued her tirade to the invisible audience in her head. She kept pacing in the waiting area until a nurse came out to address them.

"Excuse me miss, are you Hino Rei?" The nurse asked gently.

"Hai. Can I see her?" Rei asked hopefully. The nurse nodded.

"Follow me please." The nurse took Rei to the ICU where Usagi was being kept at the moment.

"What happened to her?"

"Well… there are bruises on her breast, on her inner thighs, and some internal bleeding. Two of her ribs were broken on the left side. We took care of her, so she should be fine within a month or so. The doctor who took care of her would like a few words with you."

The nurse walked away, leaving Rei with Usagi. A few moments later, a tall, thin man in a white lab coat and a stethoscope around his neck came over to Rei. "Hello young lady, I'm Dr. Loire. As the nurse may have told you, I would like to ask you a few questions."

"Hai, sir."

"First, do you have any idea what happened with your friend?"

"Iie, this morning I went out for a jog to clear my mind and I passed an alley, oh about fifteen minutes away from the Hikawa Jinja. I saw something and decided to check it out. I found her unconscious. Then we rushed here with her." Rei took a deep breath after her explanation.

"Well, she has been beaten up pretty badly. Do you know anyone who might want to harm her?" Rei's eyes started to water at hearing how her dear princess was hurt.

Rei shook her head and looked at her princess. "Iie, everyone loves her. She's a lighthouse, guiding people lost at sea. Steering them in the right direction."

"You must be a Shinto priestess. Am I correct?" The doctor gave Rei a stern look.

"Hai."

"When we took her clothes to examine them… we found traces of semen on her skirt. When was the last time you saw her?"

"Last night, when she left to walk home. I offered to walk with her, but she rejected it."

"Well… the sperm specimens are down in the lab being studied. Do you know anyone who might have had sexual relations with her?"

Rei got nervous; "Well… she broke up with her boyfriend a few days ago. But I don't know if they've done anything though…" Rei was cut off by a high beeping tone.

The doctor and Rei both looked at Usagi. Her heart rate had gone up really high and was having trouble breathing.

"Nurse! Someone get in here and help me stabilize her!"

Rei panicked and a nurse whisked her away, back into the waiting room. Rei started trembling and Yuuichiro went to her side. "Oh Yuuichiro-kun…" He held her close, trying to comfort her while nurses ran around the ICU.

Usagi opened her eyes and found herself sitting in a meadow. She looked around, sniffing the air. A heavenly scent lingering in the air. At the far end of the meadow laid a flower garden of roses, lilacs, lilies, and morning glories. As she approached the lovely spot, she saw a black-haired angel descend from out of nowhere.

As Usagi approached her, she spoke. "Don't be scared… You're safe here…" As soon as those words were spoken, she disappeared.

"Usa-chan!" Usagi turned around, her hair flying out to the sides as she acknowledged the person.

"Rei-chan? What are you doing here?"

"I came here to be with you… It's ok… I won't ever let anyone hurt you… ever again…" Rei ran up to the smaller women and hugged her, gently kissing her tender lips. As if she were so frail, that any rough gesture to her, she would surely crack.