Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Hell Zone ❯ Hell Zone ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Well here it is after all this time. I am working on "A Sea Breeze" but I have major writers block and also don't know how to make certain scenes work but when I do post it will be with 3 chapters at least.

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the Anime I'm about to use. This is for purely entertainment uses only. I make no money from this work.

Hell Zone

Chapter 2:

It had now been many seasons since the day Serena entered the new dimension that was now her home. She was learning to survive quite well, she could tell when the times of new birth and plenty were coming, the season of gathering, and the season of sleep. She also had a dragon skin suit that protected her from the elements, it fit her like spandex. It had pull on pants, a pull on long sleeved top, with slip on boots, and a helmet as well as gloves. All the dragon skin was overlapping so no elements to get inside the suit. The helmet was equipped with a respirator that helped with breathing. From her arms she had a length of skin that attached to the hip, this gave her wings to catch drafts so she could glide to different places she needed to be.

The climate was kind of like on earth it had four seasons. The time of new birth was the equivalent of spring. The time of plenty was kind of like summer. The time of gathering was like fall. And the time of sleep was winter. The only real problem Serena had was with the time of sleep or winter as she called it. It was a time ware all the dragons and other lizards slept. The only creatures that didn't sleep were scavengers and herself; it was also a time where Serena was lonely. Because Serena lived with dragons she learned a lot: how it stay alive, how to feed herself in an environment that looked like no life could exist. Serena had in fact thrived she learned to be strong to do things for herself, she learned to cook and feed herself, she learned to fend for herself and take care of the den (that's were Serena lives with the dragons). But still she was lonely during winter; she used this time to make extra dragon skin suits, as well as other things. She could not go outside because of the storms; they were sever storms in witch the gravity changed as the storms vented their fury. When the storms subsided somewhat Serena would venture out to find moisture to drink. But that was hard given the fact that there were no streams or rivers, in fact there was no large bodies of water anywhere. The most one could find was a small spring once in a while and those were guarded by other scavengers. Serena found she had to fight to get to the water and this is were she learned a lot of her new skills. Serena could hold her own agents a half a dozen scavengers even when the gravity shifted. It was a hard life sure but Serena managed it well.

It was on one of these days that everything seemed strange. The scavengers were acting funny, they were wondering in circles and jumping up and down. It was almost like they were expecting something to happen. They sky was strange as well instead of it's usual rusty red color, it was highlighted with faint blue and black. The winds then picked up to incredible speeds and started throwing everything about, when the winds subsided everything was quite as if something had changed.

It was then that Serena decided to go and investigate what had happened. She lifted her arms and let the winds carry her off her perch and she glided toward the disturbance. As Serena glided over the ruff landscape she saw saw the damage the sudden windstorm had caused, witch wasn't much considering there was no large plants of any kind. A few boulders were crushed into sand and a few unlucky scavengers were underneath them at the time. In fact now that she was looking there seemed to be a lot of dead scavengers, the thing was that the injures they had could not have been done by the wind alone. No these scavengers looked like they had been shot. The burn marks on their bodies looked like that of an energy gun or an energy blast of some sort. The only ones who were capable of doing those were she and the dragons. And seeing how all the dragons were in their hibernations cycles that left she, and she would never kill something and leave all the meat to rot.

Gliding down to the ground Serena set about saving as much meat as she could. She striped the scavengers of their skin and other usable parts, then took as much usable meat as she could then moved on to the next one. Serena had been doing this for quite a while when she felt something, she stopped what she was doing and listened. Yes she heard it! Voices! Here of all places she heard voices! And not one but two! They sounded young and they were close, Serena abandoned what she was doing being careful to store away what she had, then went to find the voices that she had herd.

After some searching Serena came to a cliff, carefully she peaked over the ledge to see two figures a small distance away. They were short probably no taller then her kneecaps, they were both male. One had black spiky hair and was wearing an orange and blue gi. The other had short violet hare and was wearing a dark blue gi. Both were young boys about the age of seven.

Serena was thrilled, but also wary she did not know if these boys were dangers or not. Giving the fact that they were new here and the dead scavenger bodies around them, it was safe to say that they were the cause of their deaths. So cautiously Serena approached the boys.

~~~~~~~~~~Where The Boys Are~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"My skin is burning, and it hurts to breath", whined on of the boys.

"I know Goten, mine does too. But we have to figure out where we are and if there are any threats to us" said the violet haired boy.

"Hey Trunks! Do you feel that?"

"Ya, someone or something is coming near us. Do you feel that power level?" answered the boy named Trunks.

"It's the strongest thing we have felt here so far."

The two boys got into fighting positions, and waited for the thing with the power level to approach. They didn't have to wait long a figure was walking toward them. At first they thought it was another of the bat type creatures that had been attacking them since their arrival in this strange place. But soon they saw it could not be, because this one had a humanoid shape to it. It was all black this what looked like wings under the arms for gliding, its head was distorted. It looked like it's mouth was flattened and hard, they eye holes where glossed over. It wasn't until the creature was a few meters away that it was haring a helmet of some sort.

"Welcome to the Hell Zone", said a raspy voice.

Well I think I'm going to stop it here for now. Next chapter we'll see how the scouts are handling things. We will also see who's coming to visit Serena next. I'm really sorry this took so long to come out but I'm bad at posting and with work and all. The biggest reason is I procrastinate (is that the correct spelling?).