Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Her Past ❯ Pt.1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Her Past pt.1

By

Sophia Wyss

Serena sighed as she continued to wipe the windows of the cottage. She looked like she was poor. Though the truth was she had been kidnapped at age 2. She was 5 years old and incredibly smart. The kidnapers took good care of her until the day after she turned 3. Then they began to mistreat her. They gave her little food, and she began to starve. They made her work a lot causing her to break her bones. They made her work in harsh conditions causing her to get sick. They beat her when she didn't do things right, so she got hurt quite badly.

"Tonight," she thought, "Tonight, I will try to escape again." She had made attempts to escape before, but had failed. But, this time it was different. Recently, they had kidnapped a horse named Silver Dime, Silver for short. That's what made it different. She was going to use Silver to help her escape.

Finally, after waiting for a long time it was time to go. She had already packed her few belongings and got some food from the refrigerator. She got Silver ready and headed out. The moon was full giving her good view.

They started off at a walk. But, as soon as she was sure it was safe she urged Silver into a gallop. When they finally reached the suburbs she dropped back into a trot.

She was looking for a certain house; a house that looked like it had a nice caring family. After passing several houses she came to one. She took her blanket out of the bag. She wrapped herself in it and lay down on the front step. Hoping that the family would understand. She had wrote a note and pinned it on her blanket earlier. The note read:

Dear Family,

My name is Serena. I am an orphan who was kidnapped at age 2. I have been abused in almost every way. In order for me to live I had to steal food from the refrigerator at the kidnapper's place. They had enough money to take care of me properly but didn't. They have been mistreating since I turned 3 (I am 5 now). I am very weak. I can get sick easily because of my condition. I can also break a bone easily. Besides that please take me in as yours.

Sincerely,

Serena

Quite some time passed and finally a man opened a door. Serena, by that time had fallen asleep. The man was surprised to see her there.

He called out to his wife. A little too loud, because he woke up his two daughters. "Papa, what is going on?" Anna the younger one asked. "There is a little girl on our doorstep," he answered. "George, what in the world are you talking about?" asked his wife. "I will show you Liana," George said. He moved so that they could see the girl. Anna, Amara (the other daughter), and Liana gasped.

Immediately the three started asking questions. That George had no answer to. This continued until Amara spotted movement. She was quick to point it out. So George checked it out discovering it was only a horse. Told them what it was and they relaxed.

Soon Anna spotted the note attached to Serena's blanket. She pointed it out. Liana picked up the blanket. Serena shivered from the sudden coldness. Amara carefully picked her up and held her while they read the note. There was a long silence after it had been read. Finally Liana broke the silence. She said, "The poor thing, I would do anything to keep her from going through what she just went to." Amara added that the girl felt quite light for a growing girl.

Then the conversation turned to what they were going to do. Suddenly, Serena began to stir. They stopped talking. Soon Serena woke up.

The first person she saw was Amara. She asked in a whisper "Who are you?" Amara responded "Amara Tenou". "Amara Tenou" Serena whispered. Before falling back to sleep.

The End of Part 1