Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Home Away From Home ❯ Fear ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Well if you havn't noticed yet I am using suffixes, with the exception of Pheobe and Damien. This being because Pheobe is american and Damien...is living about 1000 years in the past.

===================================

(flashback)He stood on the battlefield, grinning sinisterly as he held his sword. White armor was now covered in the blood of Endymion's loyal armies.
His face quirked in amusement as he blocked a blow from another warrior, the last man standing among ten guards. The man grunted as he attemped to resist against Damien's strength. "My lord why, why go against your own brother?"

Damien laughed as he pushed the warrior away. "His era has ended."
With those words he raised his sword and brought it down, blood splattering onto his face and hair, bodies of dead soldiers scattered at his feet.

Beryl laughed joyfully, clapping her hands with pleasure. "You've done well for me, now it's time for the next stage."
(end flashback)

He backed away in pure terror, he was seeing the dead so clearly for the first time, his hands covered in blood. He'd done it all, he let it happen and he had enjoyed it. He revelled in the killing, the massacre, Beryl cheering him on as he commited his slaughter.

Apparently people had started to grow concerned about his behavior because an older man put his hand on his shoulder in a vain attempt to calm him.
"Sir are you alright?"

"Get away from me!"

Damien pulled away and knocked the man to the floor.




Pheobe smiled politely to the couple as she set their food down on the table. "If you need anything just let me know and I'll get it right out to you."

The couple nodded and Pheobe left to check on the other tables.

"Pheobe-San, you have a phone call"

Pheobe looked at Aichouka in confusion. No one ever called her at work. The reason being only one person knew her work number, and damien hated to call her then. He never liked bothering her at work unless it was an emergency. Pheobe frowned. Was Damien in trouble?
Immediatly Pheobe set down her tray and took the phone away from Aichouka, hoping that Damien had only discovered television and it wasn't something more serious.

"Hello. Is this Pheobe Mahou?"

Pheobe froze as her face turned white with fear. There were only two reasons someone called you in a monotone voice and used your full name. They didn't know you and they had some bad news.

"Oh goddess is Damien alright?"

"he's fine mam, we've been informed you next of kin?"

"I'm all he has, what happened?"

"Miss you need to come over to the corner market right away."

Pheobe nodded. "I'll be there as soon as I can."
Immediatly she hung up the phone and grabbed her jacket, not bothering to change out of her uniform.
"Pheobe-san where are you going?"

"This is important Aichouka-san, Damien is in trouble."

"You can't just leave work, your shift isn't over."

"This is an emergency, please cover for me."

She hurried out the door without another word, hoping that everything was alright.



When she arrived at the marketplace things were far from alright. The police had parked outside and a large crowd had gathered by the door in curiousity. Immediatly she went straight to the officer outside. "I'm Pheobe Mahou."

The officer nodded. "right this way."

To officer opened the door, leading Pheobe through as he began to explain. "Your friend just started going nuts. Apparently he broke a bottle of soda and pushed a man down. He hit two of our officers and no one can get near him. Does your friend have a criminal record? Any past trauma"

Pheobe shook her head, actually Damien had no record at all. "No, he was in a car accident, lost most of his memory. why?"

"He keeps saying the same thing over. 'I didn't want to do it' Do you have any idea what that means?"

Pheobe knew exactly what it meant, still she pretended not to register those words. "No..well he's been having nightmares..but he's never gotten like this bef..."

All the words she had been prepared to say disappeared when she saw Damien. He was huddled against the shelves, just a few feet away from a broken plastic bottle of cherry soda and he was shaking all over. his entire body trembled in fear.
"Damien."

The pain was terrible, she could feel the fear deep withen his soul his soul. She frowned, it had been worse then she had relized, the pain inside him was almost unbearable.

"Damien?"

Damien didn't look up, instead he kept his eyes fixed on his hands. "Stay away, Please I don't want to hurt you."

Slowly Pheobe approached her lover, one step at a time. "Your not going to hurt me Damien."

"No, she'll make me hurt you, I can't stop it Pheobe."

Pheobe took another step forward as she continued to speak softly. "It's alright Damien, she's gone now."

"I'm sorry for what I've done."

Pheobe nodded, kneeling down next to Damien. "It'll be alright now."

Damien nodded, embracing Pheobe in a hug. "I want them all to stop..want it to go away.."

Pheobe nodded, still holding him when she heard a click. She looked up as the officer pulled Damien to his feet. "What are you doing?"

"We have to take him in."

"He hasn't done anything wrong."

"Look it's just a few simple questions, if everything checks out he'll be back before you know it."

"This could only damage him further, putting those handcuffs on him. I promise he won't run, if you'll at least let me ride with him."

The officer looked at Pheobe and sighed, unlocking the handcuffs. Immediatly the couple fell into an embrace.


"You know I could get into a lot of trouble for this."

Pheobe nodded to the officer. "Thank you."