Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ I Am Who I Am ❯ Loss ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: All Sailor Moon characters belong to the VERY talented Naoko Takeuchi. I love her manga pictures! I could just stare at them all day!

AN: New fic Alert! New fic alert! LOL! This fic is about of course, Usagi and Mamoru! They are my all-time favorite couple! If you like Rei, you MIGHT not want to read this, BUT I think you should, because I'm not making Rei act like a monster here. Not really anyway. Maybe for the first few chapters! Anyway, please read and review!



Come on, Usagi Tsukino pleaded silently, eyes not leaving the clock hands moving slowly, as if deliberately trying to torture her. She was yet again in detention, this time for dozing off in class. Usagi sighed, knowing that her friend, Rei Hino was going to yell at her for a LONG time for being late.

"Sometimes I wish I never met her," Usagi said under her breath. Just then, the minute hand moved to twelve.

"YES!" Usagi shouted as she got up from her seat, knocking the chair to the ground, and bolted out of the room. The teacher who was there with her only shook his head, wondering how the teenagers of this generation could be so rude. Then he heard the door slam when he had went over to pick up the chair and decided that when he ever have children, they were most certainly not going to be like the female who had left.

*

Usagi gasped for breath, having ran all the way from school to Rei's temple. She groaned, and held her stomach.

"If only Rei could see just how dedicated I am to not be late to a meeting," Usagi grumbled.

"It doesn't matter, does it?" A voice said. "You always manage to make yourself late anyway."

"ReiI'msosorryIhaddetentionandtimewasgoingsoslowandIwastr yingreallyhardnottodozeoffinclassand-and I"M SORRY!" >-(Rei, I'm so sorry, I had detention and time was going so slow and I was trying really hard not to doze off in class and-and I"M SORRY!) Usagi said in a rush, making it hard to understand her.

"Sorry just isn't good enough, Usagi," Rei snapped. "I'm just sick of you being late every time. I'm sure your family can afford a clock or a watch!" Rei looked disgusted. "Well don't just stand here! Go inside!"

Usagi slowly walked in. As soon as she walked in the temple, the talk stopped. The other senshi looked at her. She had a funny feeling that they had been talking about her.

"About time," Makoto Kino said coldly.

Usagi flushed red, and walked quickly to her seat, with Rei behind her.

"You're late. AGAIN," Minako Aino said. She looked annoyed.

"We've been talking," Ami Mizuno announced quietly. She looked at Usagi, pity on her face.

"Right." Rei said. "We want you out of the group. You're too irresponsible."

Usagi couldn't believe her eyes. She opened her mouth, and then closed it again.

"No, no, no," Ami protested. "That's too big a punishment. Something smaller. We might still need her during a battle."

"Fine," Rei agreed. "How about.......... we take her leadership away, and make one of us in charge?"

They were acting as if Usagi wasn't even in this room.

Each senshi except Usagi nodded in agreement. They looked pleased.

"You should be the leader now, Rei," Minako said generously. "It is, after all, your idea. Go on, accept it."

"WAIT A MINUTE!" Usagi shouted. "I'M the leader, I make the decisions!"

"Not anymore," Rei said smugly. "I'M the leader NOW," She said, pointing at herself.

"B-but, you can't do this!" USagi said desperately.

"Who said? I'm the leader now, and there's-nothing-you-can-do-about-it!" Rei said triumphantly.

"You're not the leader until I say you are, and right now, I say you aren't!" Usagi shot back.

Rei just tossed her hair back. "Too bad. I think it's a little late. When we found out we were the senshi, we didn't know how immature and irresponsible you were. Well now we do, and we're taking action at last. So you might as well hand it over."

"NEVER!"

"Admit it, Usagi, you don't know how to be a leader. You're not experienced like I am. So might as well quit arguing with me and stop wasting our time."

"Well, Luna chose me, and she wouldn't have chosen me if I can't be the leader!" Usagi retorted.

"Luna?" Rei called.

A black cat with a crescent moon on her forehead appeared.

"Yes?" Luna asked, yawning.

"Luna, Usagi just isn't good enough to be the leader of us, don't you think?" Rei demanded.

"Pardon?" Luna asked, not sure if she had heard right or wrong.

Rei repeated her question. Then she told Luna that they were making Rei the leader. Luna couldn't have been more shocked.

"What? Usagi's the rightful leader, and will remain the leader!" Luna snapped.

"Oh, so you'd rather have us killed in battle?" Rei demanded.

"With Usagi with you, you won't die in battle!" Luna corrected angrily.

"HA!" Rei snorted. "As if we're going to believe that!"

"Usagi is-" Luna started, but Usagi interrrupted.

"It's ok Luna," Usagi said softly. "I appreciate the fact that you're defending me, but-but they're right. I shouldn't be the leader. In every battle, all I ever did was whine and cry. I never attacked and risked my life like the Ami, Rei, Makoto, and Minako did. The only times I attacked were when someone told me to. It's over Luna, it's over." Then she looked at Rei. She walked over to Rei, and took something out of her pocket. She handed it to Rei, causing Rei to almost drop out of her seat in joy.

"Finally! Mine, mine at last!" Rei gloated.

Luna looked disgusted, but Usagi felt as if a part of her life was gone. And it was true. She had been Sailor Moon since- when was it? It was so long ago, and Usagi had been so used to it , Usagi couldn't remember.

"I'm leaving then," Usagi announced, ready to cry, but was determined to not give Rei the satisfaction of that.

"Hey, part of the deal was that you stay in the group, except you're not the leader!" Rei said.

"Oh? Really? Well, you know what, I QUIT!" Usagi ran out of the temple, already tears were blurring her vision. Before long, she bumped into someone.

"Again? Gee, Odango, how many times did you bump into me today? Let's see- one, two, th-" Mamoru Chiba, her supposedly enemy, stopped talking and looked at Usagi who had tears streaming down her face. He was silent for a few seconds, unsure what to say. Then, as if making up his mind, he asked, "What's wrong, Odango?"

"NOTHING! And stop calling me Odango!" Usagi shouted, trying to sound like her normal self, but failed because of the sobs that escaped her mouth.

Now Mamoru was sure something was wrong. Concerned, he tried to soothe her enough so she would speak.

"Tell me what's wrong, Usagi, you can trust me," Mamoru said putting his hand on her shoulder.

Usagi recoiled from his touch. She didn't even notice that he had called her Usagi, and not Odango.

"Come on, Usagi," Mamoru said gently. "Tell me, what's wrong? I promise not to make fun of you or anything else."

Finally Usagi gave in. "I'm all alone in this world," She whispered, crying even harder.

"You're not alone!" Mamoru defended. "Yoou have your family and friends!"

"I have family, but I don't know about friends," Usagi answered honestly.

And to Mamoru's surprise, and Usagi's, Mamoru suddenly hugged her tightly. Mamoru didn't even think, he just did it. But Usagi didn't move away. This time, she succumbed to his touch and even hugged him tighter. And just at that moment, there was a flash of thunder, and then a downpour started.

In the distance, a shadow watched the two hugging in the rain, not caring that they were getting wet. The shadowed figure watched them, anger and jealousy pouring out. The shadow wanted so much to seize one of them, and kill him, and watch him suffer from the pain.

"I will kill him," The shadow rasped."And then she will be mine, all mine....................."


AN: Hmmmm, I wonder who the mysterious man is? I bet you guys know. It's pretty obvious, isn't it? Please, please, please review and tell me if I should continue this. This was pretty much created out of bordedom, so it might ot be all that good. But review anyway? Please with a cherry on top? Oh, well. Oh, and flames are accepted. Just please, don't be too harsh. I'm VERY sensitive. There's no telling what I might do when I am offended............