Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Inheritance ❯ The Presence of Evil ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
At a local ice cream parlor, a familiar group of faces could be seen. The bell on the door of the shop rang, and the group looked up.

“Usagi, Mamoru, you’re here, finally.” said Rei. “Took you guys long enough, didn’t it?”

“Be quiet Rei, we were taking care of something important. We thought that you may be interested this information. But I’ll let Luna tell you what it is.”

“Luna? What’s so important?” Makoto asked. “Is there something wrong?”

“No, there is nothing wrong. I just have something to tell you guys.” Luna blushed while saying this.

Mina, all of a sudden noticed Artemis passed out in Mamoru’s arms and started panicking. “Artemis?! What’s wrong with him? Is he hurt? Let me have him.”

Mamoru surrendered Artemis to Mina, and replied “There’s nothing wrong with him Mina, he just fainted. It has to do with Luna’s news, so let her tell it.”

Haruka smirked, “If it’s enough to make the cat faint, I want to know what it is definitely.”

Luna blushing, muttered, “I’m pregnant.”

Mirichu look astonished and asked, “You’re pregnant Luna? Congratulations. That explains why Artemis fainted.” She then giggled in a very ladylike way.

Mina exclaimed, “No kidding?! I get to be Aunt Minako? Arty, you old dog, why didn’t you tell me?” She was getting so excited that she was shaking Artemis around all over the place, which made him wake up.

“Mina, control yourself or I’m going to hurl in second.” Artemis said, and then he looked towards Luna, and asked, “You mean I’m gonna be a father soon?”

Luna blushed and nodded.

As the scouts oohed and ahhed about the new addition coming to their group, a lone man was walking down the street outside of the arcade, and gazed in interest at the large group clustered into one booth, who were talking animatedly.

He walked into the arcade, walked up to the counter, and sat down on a stool and continued to watch the group. Motoki walked over to him and asked, “Are you new here? I don’t think I’ve seen you before. I’m Motoki, what’s your name?”

The man looked away from the group and analyzed the blond-haired man in front of him, causing Motoki to squirm. He replied, “My name is Muraki, and yes I am new to the area but I do not expect to stay in the area long. May I ask who that loud and boisterous group in the corner is?”

Motoki, after recovering from his slight shock and being the talkative person he was, he explained, “Those guys are some of my most loyal customers. They’re a large group of friends. The guy with dark hair with his arm around the girl with her hair styled strangely is Mamoru. The girl is his wife, Usagi. The other long-haired blond is Minako, she’s a music idol, so I’m sure you recognize her. The short-haired blond, who looks sorta like a guy, is actually a girl named Haruka. The girl next to her with shoulder-length aqua hair is Mirichu. The girl with the shoulder-length black hair is Hotaru. She’s a lot younger than the rest of them and sickly most of the time. The one next to Hotaru, with the knee-length green hair and scarlet eyes, is Setsuna. To her left, the one with the short blue hair, that’s Ami…our resident genius and neighborhood doctor. Next to her is Rei, the girl with waist-length dark hair, who is a shrine maiden. The last one is the one with the dark brown hair in the ponytail that is Makoto. She owns one of the best four-star restaurants around and is also the chef. Oh, and the white cat is Artemis and belongs to Mina and the purple cat is Luna, who belongs to Usagi.”

Muraki watched the group throughout Motoki’s description. He thought to himself, ‘So Princess, your name is now Usagi. And I see your prince is still with you in this life as well. Well, he and the rest of your friends will be dealt with when the time comes for me to claim you as my own once again. Enjoy them while you can.’


Usagi shivered suddenly.

“Usagi, are you ok?” Mamoru asked.

“I’m fine, Mamo-chan, I just felt a sense of foreboding. I felt like something evil was watching us, but it disappeared almost as quickly as I felt it.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------

As the afternoon wore on, many questions and comments were thrown at the newly expecting parents. Luna seemed to keep a continuous blush while responding to all of these comments, whereas Artemis kept stuttering unbelievingly under his breath as to the actual occurrence of Luna’s pregnancy. After the scouts seemed to have their fill of answers, the group split up into several groups and started to head home.

A person following the Outer Scouts would have heard a very interesting, but foreboding conversation.

Mirichu turned grasping Haruka’s arm, “Haruka, do think our princess will be ok?

Haruka answered, “Our little bunny will be fine, but I’m glad that Luna’s pregnancy is distracting her for the time being. Usagi was starting to get a little too serious for anyone, especially her. I am worried about her, I hate that we will be unable to help her overcome this obstacle. Do you think that she will be able to do it, Setsuna?”

Setsuna, who was walking next to them with Hotaru holding onto her hand and skipping, looked thoughtfully up at the sky and then back at Haruka and Mirichu, and responded, “I think that our Princess can overcome any obstacle thrown at her, we just need to be there to offer our love and friendship. I think that is all that is needed for Usagi to uncover her destiny.”

Hotaru looked up at her three guardians and said very seriously, for a ten year old girl, “The Princess will overcome what has been set in front of her and will prosper in the future because of these experiences.” After saying this, Hotaru went back to acting her age and started skipping down the pavement in front of the flabbergasted scouts.

Haruka shook her head and said, “I keep forgetting that Saturn inhabits Hotaru’s body, and when Saturn does come out to the forefront, she scares me a little.”

Mirichu replied, “I think she scares us all a little, considering that no matter her size and age, she has the most destructive powers of all of us and the insight of when to use those powers.”

Setsuna silently nodded her in agreement and kept her thoughts to herself. ‘My Princess, I do hope that you can overcome this obstacle on the road to your destiny because if you can’t, you will not survive. And that would be the end of us all...”
------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------

Across town, another group could be spotted talking rather animatedly with each other. This group consisted of a brunette with her hair in a high ponytail, a blonde with rather long hair and a large red bow, a girl with very short bluish-black hair, and a girl dressed in Shinto priestess garb with waist-length black hair. A passerby would hear a very serious and intense conversation if they were to listen in.

“Will she be strong enough to survive being separated from us, and still overcome what is in her path?” The girl with bluish-black hair, called Ami, asked the others.

Mako answered Ami’s question by saying, “We need to believe that she will be strong enough or she will doubt herself, due to our doubts about her capabilities.”

Minako, who for once had a very serious expression on her face, added, “Our Princess is the only hope that we have for the future, ours and the worlds. She must overcome what is put in front of her, no matter what the obstacles ahead.”

Rei remained quiet in the discussion, thinking to herself, ‘What will we do if she does not succeed? We can’t live without her; I can’t live without my best friend! She will succeed, if at the cost of my life!’ Tears started to form and roll down Rei’s face, and as she started to wipe them away, she noticed that the other Inner scouts were also crying silently.

Rei made a silent plea to the cosmos, ‘Please keep her safe! We need her!’
------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------
Elsewhere, in their apartment, Usagi was happily puttering around cleaning and singing to herself, having seemingly forgotten her earlier discussion with her friends and the foreboding feeling she had felt at the Crown.
------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------
In Juuban Park, the mysterious character known as Muraki was chuckling to himself.

“It begins now Princess!” he exclaimed while laughing evilly. At the same time, an evil force began emanating from the Park, encompassing all of Tokyo.
************************************************************************