Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Inheritance ❯ Unexpected Surprise ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
AN: As much as I would love to, I do not own Sailor Moon, Naoko does. I do however, own my cosmos characters and my mysterious man who will be given a name later. Please do not take them or use them without my permission. Please review!!!

Deep in space, a discussion could be heard. This discussion was taking place between several voices, with one ancient voice taking dominance over the conversation.

"The time is at hand for us to decide on the trial that will decide if Serenity is deserving of her birthright," said the ancient cosmo.

"Elder, what kind of trial does she have to go through in order for us to discover that?"

"Serenity must show her maturity and also that she can overcome great obstacles on her own as well as with the help of her guardians, the Senshi, and her lover, Endymion. This is because she will not always be protected by others in the future and she needs personal strength to overcome those times."

"So she goes through this trial alone, Elder?"

"Yes, little one, she does because that is the only way for her to obtain her throne and birthright."

"So, when will this trial take place?"

"Soon, little one, very soon..."

***********************************************************************< br />
Meanwhile at the same time on Earth in a familiar Juuban neighborhood, two familiar felines were walking down the street with one another.

"Artemis, do you think she'll be ready for this?" Luna asked with a worried look on her face, stopping and looking at Artemis.

"I'm sure she will be fine, my love," replied Artemis as he nuzzled his cheek against Luna's neck.

Luna returned the comforting touch and then answered, "I just worry because we are both her advisors; past, present, and future; and we were relegated to watch over her by Queen Selenity, and I'm afraid that we may still fail her."

"Luna, we must trust that Usagi can handle this, whether it is with us or without us. You know that she is strong; she has overcome more obstacles than we ever thought she could when she first became Sailor Moon."

"Arty, I guess you're right. I still just worry about her. But then again we have our own problems as well." Luna leaned over and whispered into Artemis's ear something.

"YOU'RE WHAT!" was his reply, after which he promptly passed out.

***********************************************************************< br />
Elsewhere, in their shared apartment, formally Mamoru's apartment, Usagi was giggling uncontrollably.

"Usa, what's the matter?" Mamoru asked her.

"About now, Luna is telling Artemis that she is pregnant...hehehe..." she replied while rolling around giggling, "I would pay to see his reaction."

Mamoru gasped, "She's what? Since when? And why wasn't I told when you knew?"

Usagi's responded, after calming down, while also blushing, "Actually I knew before she did...for some reason I could detect the new life in Luna, and we had Ami confirm it with her computer...we just confirmed it this morning...sorry I didn't tell you earlier Mamo-chan, but she wanted Artemis to know first..."

Mamoru visibly relaxed, "So this just happened? Who else knows other than you and Ami and of course Luna?"

"No one yet...I'm actually very happy about this, this means that we shall see Diana again soon, also meaning Chibi-usa should be coming along soon...which means that soon Crystal Tokyo will become a reality...I just wonder if I am ready for all of this..." she said as she gazed out at the horizon at the setting sun.

"Usako, you will be a wonderful Queen, and I await the arrival of Chibi-usa with much anticipation, my love, and I will be here with you always." he said as he sat next to Usagi on the sofa and wrapped his arms around her and kissed her on the forehead.

***********************************************************************< br />
Unbeknownst to not only the two couples but also the Senshi, a force was drawing close to not only challenge them but to divide them.

In the middle of Juuban park, all of a sudden a figure appeared. This figure seemed to be a man. He had an aura of menace around him, but at the same time his face seemed to draw anyone to him. He had a face that looked to be chisled by the gods, with short wavy brown hair and mysterious green eyes. He was a large, muscular man dressed in an odd costume that seemed out of date. It was made up skin tight navy knee breeches, a navy tunic, and a navy cape with a white underside.

He looked around him and said, "Princess, you will be mine and mine alone to toy with yet again." With that statement, he rushed off into the deeper part of the park to plan his strategies.

***********************************************************************< br />
The elder cosmo sighed and looked towards the others after watching the events on Earth and stated, "It has begun..."