Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Inheritance ❯ Discussions of the Future ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
After leaving their friends at the Arcade, Usagi and Mamoru started walking home to their apartment.

"Mamo-chan," Usagi asked, "do you really think I am ready to become Queen of Crystal Tokyo? I just don't feel that I can live up to the expectations that you guys and my mother have for me."

Mamoru looked at her before answering and noticed how sad and forlorn she looked. To remedy this he stopped and wrapped his arms around her. Lifting her chin up to look at him he said, "Usa, you can accomplish anything you put your mind too. Plus, we all believe in you and what you are capable of doing, even Rei, no matter what she may tell you. Plus, I will be with you all the way."

"You'll stay by my side no matter what? I couldn't continue without you." Usagi said this as she snuggled against Mamoru's chest.

"Of course, now let's head back to our apartment, ok Usako?"

She nodded and they headed to the apartment that they had been sharing since their marriage two years ago.

Elsewhere...the girls were having a discussion of their own.

"I'm worried about Usagi..." stated Ami to the group. "She seemed more serious than normal for her..especially about the future. Do you think she knows something that we do not?"

Rei replied, "Yeah, she wasn't her normal odango self. Setsuna, do you know anything about this that you can tell us?"

Setsuna looked up, and said "All I can tell you is that soon Usagi will go through a great trial and that she will need all of us to get through it."

Haruka said, "That isn't a problem, she's our princess and future queen, of course we will be there for her, even if I have to beat up every person who comes near her." As she said this, Haruka pounded her fist into her other hand.

Mirichu grabbed Haruka's hands, "I'm sure we all feel that way, but we need to think now, not pound an unknown problem to the ground."

Haruka relaxed at this gesture from Mirichu, and replied "I know, but I just don't want to see our little Odango get hurt."

Luna and Artemis looked at each other and then nodded. Luna turned to address the group, "We have some idea as to what is in the future for Usagi, at least a general idea."

Mina turned and glared at both Artemis and Luna, "And why have you not said this sooner? Don't you think we, especially Usagi, need to know this information?"

Artemis squirmed under Mina's glare and stuttered, "We cannot tell Usagi and plus we just remembered this information recently..."

Ami turned to Luna and asked, "Remembered it just recently, does that mean it dates back to the Silver Millenium?"

Luna nodded in affirmation, "We remembered that before Serenity could have taken over her mother's throne, she had to overcome a great obstacle decided and put in place by the cosmos. But unforunately, due to Queen Beryl and the fall of the Silver Millineum, that never happened. And now since Usagi has finally reached her true power as Sailor Moon, she will soon be tested so that she can claim her place as the Queen of the Earth and Moon, and tuler of the Golden Millenium. The only negative part to this, is that we will be unable to help her overcome this trial and she may be seperated from us during this trial, so we can not even offer our support."

Haruka scowled, "That's not fair, we all know she'll be a wonderful queen, and why can't we help her?"

Artemis sighed, "I wish it could be differently but it has been this way since the first Serenity passed her crown to her daughter. Setsuna can confirm this."

The group glanced at Setsuna and she nodded, "This is the way things have been done since the beginning of the universe, but that's all I can say."

This statement got the girls heated up again and they started up all over again.

****************************
Meanwhile, deep in space, several voices can be heard.

"Do you think it is time?"

"Do you think she is ready?"

"She must go through the trial to recieve her birthright that was denied to her a millenium ago."

"What will be her trial?" asked a small voice amongst the others.

"It will be decided by us when the time is exactly right." This came from the ancient voice of the group. "I want to see another Serenity on the throne, just as I saw the first one."

The littlest one asked, "But when is that time?"

The ancient one answered, "Soon, very soon..."