Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Inheritance ❯ Up on the Moon ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Up on the moon, a solitary figure that seemed to look like a ghost looked longingly at the Earth. It was a woman with an ethereal quality about her with her long silver hair in a strange style, pale skin, and crescent moon on her forehead.

She was watching a certain young girl, with the same strange hairstyle, go through many trials and heartbreaks. She thought while watching, ‘I wish I could be there to help you bear your burden, but alas I am unable to do so.’

She was interrupted in her silent vigil by a visitor. She turned and saw her longtime friend, Sailor Pluto. She asked, “Setsuna, is there something wrong that you must come see me or are you just here to visit?”

Setsuna replied as she bowed down in front of the woman, “My queen, I just came to tell you that your daughter is about to go through the hardest trial of her life and may not survive, but should she, she will become Neo Queen Serenity of Crystal Tokyo.”

“Setsuna, you know whether she will survive or not, don’t you?”

“Yes, my queen, but even to you that information cannot be told.”

“Please look after my daughter then, since I am unable to do so, my friend.”

“As you wish, my queen,” replied as she left the same way she had arrived, through the Time Portal.

The woman, who was formally known as Queen Selenity in the Silver Millennium, looked fondly down at Earth at a familiar young blond warrior of justice and thought to herself, ‘Soon my daughter, you will come into your inheritance that is due to you after so long. I hope you are ready for it and for this trial that you must overcome.’