Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Looking Up To You ❯ Ami To The Rescue? ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Sailor Moon or any of the characters, blah, blah, blah.

NOTE: This story takes place after Sailor Stars, however, I haven't seen Sailor Stars, so forgive me if I miss a plot point or two. Also, I'm gonna go for American attack names here… *begs forgiveness from the purists*

---

The following afternoon, Sammy and Rick were playing games at the arcade.

"So, which game are we gonna play next?" Rick asked.

"I think Tank Squad looks pretty cool," Sammy said, pointing to a group of people playing the game. "Those people seem to like it."

"Tank Squad? I dunno… I kinda wanted to play Virtual Duel," Rick said, pointing to another machine that had a large crowd of people around it. "But I guess we can play Tank Squad first."

Sammy and Rick ran over to one of the Tank Squad games and put in their money. The machine lit up and the game started.

"Alright!" Sammy said, pointing to a tank that he was controlling. "This game rocks!"

"Watch me kill this dude!" Rick said, pressing a button. A large artillery shell blasted forth from his tank and incinerated a helpless bystander. "500 points!"

"No!" Sammy yelled. "Grrr…"

Sammy's tank rolled over several parked cars, racking up 2,000 points.

"Yes!" Sammy cheered. "Beat that!"

Rick's tank wheeled around a corner and approached Sammy's tank.

"Looks like our tanks are about to fight," Rick said.

"You're going down!" Sammy said. Sammy and Rick's tanks began firing upon each other. The ensuing explosions knocked the turret off of Rick's tank and one of the treads off of Sammy's tank. Sammy's tank was now helpless, but Rick's tank couldn't fire its weapon.

"Oh no," Rick said. "Wait a second!"

Rick pressed a button. The men in Rick's tank climbed out and hopped into Sammy's tank. A few seconds later, several dead bodies were chucked out of Sammy's tank.

"Hey! You killed my men!" Sammy shouted. PLAYER 2 WINS appeared on the screen.

"Woohoo!" Rick cheered. "That was a good game. Want another?"

But before Sammy could reply, the front door of the arcade was shattered by a huge fireball. Several screams sounded throughout the arcade. Rick and Sammy turned toward the door.

"What was that?" Sammy yelled.

A huge green lizard in red battle armor rushed through the door and threw another fireball at a row of arcade machines. The row of machines exploded with a huge blast. Sammy and Rick ran from the blaze, terrified.

"It's another monster!" Rick yelled. "What are we gonna do?"

Without warning, the monster ran over to Sammy and grabbed him. The monster lifted the boy into the air.

"Hey!" Sammy yelled. "Put me down! Let me go! You creep!"

The monster laughed and ran back out through the door of the arcade, taking Sammy with him. Before he left, he dropped a small piece of paper onto the ground.

"Hey!" Rick shouted. "Bring my friend back!"

---

Ami walked down the street toward the arcade.

"I won't be able to stay too long, but I promised Sammy I'd visit him at the arcade," Ami said.

Ami turned around the corner and saw the arcade, its windows shattered and flames pouring out.

"Oh no!" Ami screamed. "Sammy!"


Ami ran toward the arcade and looked inside the front entrance. Rick ran up to her.

"Hey, you're Sammy's friend, aren't you?" Rick asked.

"Where's Sammy?" Ami said.

"Some big creepy lizard came and grabbed him! I tried to stop him, but he got away!" Rick said.

"That's horrible!" Ami shrieked. Suddenly, she saw the letter on the ground that the lizard monster had dropped. She picked it up.

"What's that?" Rick asked.

"It's addressed… it's addressed to Sailor Mercury!" Ami said.

"Really?" Rick asked.

"It says that if Sailor Mercury doesn't show up at the park tonight, alone, then Sammy dies!" Ami said. "Oh, no… Letine must have noticed Sammy and I together… Darn it!"

"Where's Sailor Mercury?" Rick asked. "We have to give her that letter!"

"Could you give it to her?" Ami asked. "I mean, Sammy told me that she saved you guys…"

"Yeah, but I don't know her personally!" Rick said. He took the letter. "Anything to save Sammy…"

Rick ran off, leaving Ami alone in front of the burning arcade.

"Should I tell the other Senshi about this?" Ami thought to herself. "If the other Senshi come, Sammy could get hurt… or even killed!"

Tears began to slide down Ami's cheeks. She fell to the ground and sat down with her head between her knees, crying.

"What… what am I going to do?" Ami sobbed.

---

Later, at Rei's temple…

"They got Sammy?" Serena yelled. "How'd that happen?"

"His friend said that some lizard monster came and grabbed him," Ami said sadly.


"They want you to come alone," Rei said. "That's not good."

"You can't go alone, Ami!" Serena said. "I'm coming with you."

"Me too," Lita said.

"But if they see you guys there, they might kill Sammy!" Ami said. "They're really serious… they want me to come alone…"

"It's a trap!" Mina said. "A low-down, despicable, dirty trap!"

"Wait," Serena said. "Maybe we can just follow Ami, way behind her so that they won't see us!"

"That's a great idea," Rei said. "Until they see us and kill Sammy!"

"Why are you always so negative, Rei?" Serena asked. "Sammy is MY brother. I know what's best for him, and I know how to keep him from getting killed. I wouldn't let my own little brother get killed, Rei!"

"I don't know, Serena," Rei said. "All those names you call him…"

Serena growled.

"ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH SAMMY TOO?" Serena shouted angrily.


"Nobody here is in love with Sammy, Serena," Lita said. "Stop yelling."

"What about Ami?" Mina asked.

"I've made my decision," Ami said. "I'm going to go after Sammy alone, and I don't want you guys following me… and I do not have a crush on Sammy. He's a sweet boy, but I like Greg!"

"Ami, are you sure you don't need our help?" Mina asked.

"Ami, you are not going alone!" Serena yelled. "This is my brother we're talking about! My little brother who I've known for 14 years and you've only known for three! If anyone's saving Sammy, it's going to be me!"

"Serena, do you want to get him killed?" Ami yelled, tears pooling in her eyes. "If they see anyone else there besides me, they'll kill him, Serena! If you really cared about him, you'd listen to me!"

Ami buried her face in her hands and began sobbing violently.

"It's my fault!" Ami screamed. "It's all my fault! Why wasn't I there to protect him?"

Serena lifted up Ami's chin and stared into her eyes with a concerned expression on her face.

"Ami…" Serena said. "I'm… I'm sorry… it's just that… Sammy's my brother, and I love him very much! I don't want to see him get killed either, and I'm angry at myself too for not being able to help him! I don't want to sit idly by while you walk into a trap by yourself! They'll kill him anyway, Ami, don't you see?"

Ami sniffled.

"Serena, I… I don't want to see Sammy die," Ami said. "I want to help him…"

"We want to help Sammy too, Ami," Rei said.

"You can go alone, but we'll be right behind you all the way!" Lita said.

"We've saved the world hundreds of times before!" Mina said. "We won't have any trouble hiding from some idiot bad guys!"

Ami smiled.

"Thanks, you guys…" Ami said. "Thank you so much…"

Ami embraced Serena for a few seconds, and then hugged the other girls. She started to walk away, but then turned back at the door.

"I'll be back," Ami said. "And so will Sammy."

"We're with you all the way!" Serena said.

---

Sailor Mercury walked into the small clearing in the center of the park. Only the stars and a few streetlights illuminated the area. Mercury stood in the center of the clearing.

"Alright," Mercury said. "Where's Sammy?"

Immediately, there was a flash of light above Mercury's head. The light turned red and swirled around above Mercury, forming a disk.

"Ah, so you're here!" a female voice called from the red disk of light. "So nice of you to show up!"

"Where is Sammy?" Mercury repeated in a slightly annoyed tone.

"Ah, ah, ah!" the female voice said. "Party first, kid later!"

Mercury began to rise into the air, towards the disk.


"W..w..what's happening?" Mercury stammered as she was pulled into the disk. Another flash of light, and then the disk and Sailor Mercury were gone. The other four Inner Senshi ran into the clearing.

"Sailor Mercury!" the four Senshi yelled in unison.


"We're too late!" Sailor Moon shouted. "She's gone!"

---

Sailor Mercury plummeted several feet into a dark room. She hit the ground and fell onto her knees. Slowly, she stood up and surveyed her surroundings. The room was a large, dank room with dark brick walls. Several torches had been placed around the room to light it up. There were swords and coats of arms mounted on the walls. Mercury looked up, and saw…

"Sailor Mercury!" yelled a boy's voice from above. "Up here!"

Mercury looked up to see Sammy, locked in a large cage hanging from the ceiling.

"Sammy!" Mercury shouted. "Are you okay?"

"He is… for now!" yelled the same female voice that had beckoned Ami into the gate.

"Who's that?" Sailor Mercury said. She turned around to see Letine standing a few feet away from her. The evil witch had a sadistic smirk on her face.

"You know, your little Sailor Planet Power trick really did a number on me," Letine said. "You put me in bed for one whole day. I hope you're proud of yourself."

Mercury stared angrily at Letine.

"How dare you kidnap an innocent child!" Mercury yelled. "I knew you'd set up a trap for me!"

"Then why did you come?" Letine asked. "I thought you were supposed to be the smart one!"

"I couldn't let you injure Sammy!" Sailor Mercury yelled. "I'll fight you to get him back!"

"Oooh," Letine cooed mockingly. "You'll fight me? All five of you Senshi were barely able to overpower me! What makes you think that you'll beat me all by yourself?"

"I have to try," Mercury said in a determined tone.

"Sailor Mercury, don't do it!" Sammy yelled. "It's a trap!"

Mercury turned to Sammy.

"I have to do it," Mercury said. "I have to protect you, Sammy. It's my fault you were kidnapped in the first place."

Letine cackled.


"Oh, it is to laugh!" Letine shouted. "This is rich! I wonder whom I should kill first? I guess I should start off with Sailor Jerkury, since she's so sure she'll be able to beat me. Well, shall we begin?"

Letine formed a fireball in each of her hands. She threw the fireballs at Mercury. Mercury watched the fireballs intently and put her hands forward.

"Mercury… Bubbles… Blast!" Mercury yelled, firing a swirling torrent of bubbles from her body. The bubbles whirled toward Letine, dousing the fireballs and clouding the room with a dense fog.

"Oh darn," Letine said. "She's hiding from me. Guess it's time to play Find-The-Bimbo. Let's see here…"

Letine fired a pillar of flames in one direction, clearing the fog from that part of the room. Sailor Mercury wasn't there.

"Aw, too bad," Letine said. "Guess I'll have to try again!"

Letine fired off two more pillars of fire. The flames cleared out a large amount of fog, but failed to hit Sailor Mercury.

"This game sucks," Letine said. "Time to end it!"

Letine spun around and around, firing a huge wall of fire off in all directions. In his cage, surrounded by fog, Sammy could barely see the flames coming toward them.

"Whoa!" Sammy yelled. Fortunately, his cage was above the wall of flames as the flames passed by. Barely. "Close one!"

"Sammy?" whispered a voice from above the cage. Sammy looked up to see Sailor Mercury standing on top of it.

"Sailor Mercury?" Sammy said, looking up at her. "How did you get up-"

Mercury put her hand over Sammy's mouth.


"Shhh!" Mercury said. "I jumped up to the cage bars and climbed up here in the fog."

Mercury removed her hand.

"I'm going to try to find something to pick the lock with, but I have to stall Letine first," Mercury said. "I'll free you soon, okay?"

"Okay," Sammy said. Mercury slowly began climbing off of the cage, unbeknownst to Letine. The fog cleared from the room.

"Where is she?" Letine yelled. "Did I burn her up?"

Letine frowned.

"Crap. She probably didn't even suffer," Letine sighed. "This ruins my whole day-"

"Mercury… Aqua… Rhapsody!" shouted a voice from behind Letine. Letine turned around… and was immediately met with a huge wave of freezing water. Letine was thrown back.

"Argh!" Letine yelled, hitting the ground and skidding several feet. "I'm all wet! And I landed right on my butt!"

Letine stood up and shook the water off of herself like a dog. She looked around.

"Sailor Mercury, I know you're in this room! Come out and fight-"

Letine noticed someone standing on top of Sammy's cage. It was Sailor Mercury.

"Oh no," Mercury thought. "She saw me…"

Letine smiled.

"Well, well, well," Letine said. "Let me guess. You leapt up there in the fog, leapt down and hit me with your pathetic Aqua Crapsody attack, then hopped back up there like a pathetic coward."

"She's not a coward!" Sammy yelled. "She's braver than you'll ever be!"

"Sammy, no!" Mercury yelled. "You'll make her mad!"

Letine smiled, and then burst into laughter.

"You'll make me mad? Oh, I'm already mad!" Letine said, laughing heavily. "Kid, I'm letting you die last! You should be grateful!"

Letine hopped on top of Sammy's cage and struck Sailor Mercury in the head with a brutal kick. Mercury plummeted from the cage and hit the cold, hard ground with a sickening thud. She bounced back up and hit the ground again, blood trickling from her forehead.

"No!" Sammy screamed.

"Unnh…" Mercury groaned, slowly sitting up. "That… hurt…"

Letine leapt off of the cage and slowly began to walk toward Sailor Mercury with a wicked smile on her face. The dark witch stopped right in front of the water Senshi and picked her up by her shirt collar. She lifted Mercury to eye level.


"I win," Letine said coldly. "And you lose."

Sailor Mercury spat a small amount of blood onto Letine's face. With a look of disgust, Letine wiped off the blood and slapped Sailor Mercury, hard.

"I'm going to enjoy killing you," Letine spat. "And your little boyfriend too."

"Letine!" yelled a male voice from across the room. Letine dropped Sailor Mercury and turned around.

"Alexis!" Letine yelled, annoyed. "Leave me alone! I've got business to take care of!"

"The master says that he wants the water Senshi alive," Alexis said. "Something about using her to lure the other Senshi here."

"Scion said that he wanted us to kill the stupid bimbo!" Letine yelled. "When did the boss say he wanted her alive?"

"Are you questioning our master?" Alexis asked.

"I'm questioning you," Letine said. "Besides, the boy would be all we need to get the other Senshi here. I don't believe you, Alexis."

"If you kill her now, you won't get to see her suffer," Alexis said.

"Hmm… well, perhaps we could let her live a little while longer," Letine said. She turned to Mercury. "Today's your lucky day."

"Sammy…" Mercury said, right before Letine's hand slapped across her face again, knocking her out.

"Alright," Letine said, handing Mercury to Alexis. "Give her to the boss, but I want to kick the crap out of her when she wakes up."

Letine walked out of the room. Alexis stared into Mercury's face.


"So beautiful…" Alexis said, stroking Mercury's hair back. "The boss wants you dead, but that would be such a waste."

Alexis smiled and began to laugh slightly. Sammy looked at his fallen friend, terrified.

"Oh no… he's going to do something horrible to Ami… I have to stop him somehow!" Sammy thought.

---

Uh oh, now Mercury AND Sammy are in trouble! But the Sailor Senshi are close behind… aren't they? But what can Sammy do to save Ami? Can he save Ami at all? So many questions, so many answers! But the answers are next chapter!