Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Love and Lightning ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Minako relaxed in Natsuna's arms, remembering: she had been a kid then, new to the hero business as Sailor V. She had caught Natsuna's attention, and they had played a cat and mouse game across the city. Minako hadn't understood the older lady's interest, and had been a bit scared by her intensity. Even more so when Natsuna had discovered her secret identity. When Minako's family moved away to Britain, they had left so many things... unresolved.

"It's been a long time," Natsuna said smiling. "I watch you on the news, you know." She blushed a bit, adding "I still have all the Sailor V stuff I bought back them." Minako blushed as well, and laughed softly.

"Thank you," Minako said, still blushing faintly. "I still remember those days, you know. Being a hero was fun, but some of the thrill was you chasing me."

"You certainly looked good in a sailor fuku." Natsuna said with a grin. She looked thoughtful, "I still have the fully poseable Sailor V with removable clothes." Minako looked at her a moment, sweatdropping. Natsuna grinned suddenly, "Gotcha!"

"Why you..." Minako laughed, realizing she'd been conned. Laughing softly together, they staggered to a seat, breathless, and Minako found herself looking with fascination at Natsuna's

heaving chest. She blushed when Natsuna noticed. She smiled, and looked Minako up and down lingeringly.

Minako smiled at Natsuna charmingly. "Like what you see?" she asked. Minako leaned back in her chair, stretching her legs out and arching her body back. She straightened, and smiled brightly at Natsuna. The older woman gulped, blushing.

Natsuna looked at her seriously, "Would you like to come home with me?"

"Yes, please," Minako said eagerly. Natsuna grasped her hand and pulled her to her feet, and into her arms a moment. The kiss was fleeting, but it promised more. They quickly headed to the door, but Natsuna stopped there a moment. "What's wrong?" Minako asked.

"Just looking for my sister. I don't see her, I guess she went home." Natsuna grinned. "Good, that way we won't be disturbed."





Haruna slowly and carefully opened her eyes. It felt like someone had taken a hammer to her head. `I am never going to drink that much again,' she thought dazedly. `At least I made it home.' She lay back on the bed and closed her eyes. `When did I redecorate?' she thought fuzzily.

She opened her eyes into slits and looked around. `Not home, oh dear,' she thought. `How did I get here? And what happened last night?' she wondered. She carefully raised the sheet she was under and sighed with relief. Still dressed, other than her shoes. She slid out of bed and got shakily to her feet. She noticed two aspirin sitting on the nightstand and smiled in relief. `Thank you, whoever you are,' she thought, picking them and the clean empty glass beside them up. She catwalked out of the bedroom and into the living room, only to stop in front of the couch.

The woman was curled under a sheet, her long brown hair spread out over a pillow. Her face was strangely peaceful, and very beautiful. Green pajama's couldn't disguise a tall, athletic body. `I know her,' Haruna thought, `and not just from last night.' She quietly walked into the kitchen and ran water into her glass, gulping it down with the aspirin. "I wonder why she helped me,' Haruna thought as she looked at the sleeping girl, `I wish I could remember!'

The young woman on the couch stirred, then stretched out her body. Her eyes opened, blinked, then she rolled over and right off the couch. "Oww! What in the world?!" she gasped out. Haruna ran over to see if she'd hurt herself.

"Are you all right?" Haruna asked the girl sprawled out on the floor. "Here, let me help you up," Haruna said smiling, offering her hand.

"Thanks," the girl said, pulling herself to her feet. "I'm fine. I fell on my head, so no harm done," she joked. Haruna looked into her sparkling eyes, and was lost a moment. "I'm Makoto," the girl said with a smile.

"Hello Makoto," Haruna said. "My name's Haruna. I'm sorry, I don't remember much of last night." Haruna blushed a bit. "Uhm, how did I end up here?" she asked sheepishly.

"Don't worry," Makoto said smiling, "nothing happened. You had a bit too much to drink last night, and I didn't trust putting you in a cab, so I brought you home with me." Makoto recounted some of what happened, and with that prompting, Haruna's memories came rushing back.

"My hero!" Haruna said with a laugh and smile. "I mean it," she said, as Makoto blushed, "thank you." Makoto quickly changed the subject. They talked as Makoto walked about the kitchen, putting water on for tea and starting some breakfast. "Now if only I could remember where I know you from," Haruna said with a smile.

"I was in a class you taught, years ago," Makoto said with a shrug as she finished the rice. She dished up breakfast for both of them and sat across from Haruna. They ate together, talking quietly, and Haruna found her gaze lingering over Makoto.

`What am I doing?' Haruna asked herself. `I've never been into girls.' she thought. Suddenly, her body warmed as she remembered the slow dance last night with Makoto. She frowned a bit, trying to recall.

"What's wrong?" Makoto asked quietly.

"I don't remember what happened to my sister. Would you mind if I call her?" Haruna

asked shyly.

"Sure, go ahead." a smiling Makoto said.





The sleeping Minako and Natsuna lay together in the middle of the bed. The rumpled sheets were clear evidence of last night's activities. In the distance, the sound of a telephone ringing was faintly heard. Natsuna was out to the world, but Minako was a bit of a lighter sleeper. She sat up irritably and stumbled out of the bedroom, eventually finding the phone. "Hello?" Minako sleepily asked.

Haruna blinked in confusion. "Ah, hello, could I speak with Natsuna?"

Minako's eyes popped open as she fully woke up. `Oh hell, I forgot this is Natsuna's place,' she thought. "I'll go get her," Minako volunteered. Carrying the cordless, she made her way to the bedroom. "Natsuna? Wake up! There's a call for you." she said, shaking the older woman's shoulder.

Natsuna growled softly. "I gave instructions at the office not to disturb me, damnit." She picked up the phone and barked in her best `don't mess with me, I'm a police officer' voice "Talk to me, and this better be good."

"Aren't you chipper in the morning," Haruna said over the phone. "And what happened to you last night?" Natsuna blushed a bit.

"Sorry, I ran into an old friend. Did you get home all right?" Natsuna asked.

"That's what I'm calling you about," Haruna said, blushing. "A very nice lady took me home with her."

"What?!" Natsuna said, then began to laugh. "Tell me the whole story!"

Haruna blushed. "I drank a bit too much, is all. It's was all completely innocent, and she's been a gentleman. Could you pick me up at..." she looked at Makoto pleadingly. Makoto picked up the phone and recited her address.

Natsuna repeated the directions out loud as she wrote them on a piece of paper. Hearing the address, Minako looked at her with a very surprised expression. "Could I have the phone a minute?" she asked. Natsuna gave her a odd look, but did so. "Could you put Makoto on?" Minako asked sweetly.

Haruna looked at the phone in surprise. "Sure," she said, and "It's for you," to Makoto.

"What happened?!" Minako asked her excitedly.

Makoto sweatdropped. "Nothing happened," she said firmly to Minako. "I just helped someone in trouble." She handed the phone back to Haruna and smiled sheepishly. "Looks like my friend is over there. If you don't mind, I'll go get dressed."

Haruna watched the sway of her hips as she walked away. Over the phone she heard "Get dressed?!" from Natsuna. Haruna quickly picked up the phone again.

Before Natsuna could jump to any conclusions, Haruna explained "She gave me her bed, and slept on the couch in her pajamas. So, when are you going to pick me up?"

"Oh, that's all right then," Natsuna said relieved. "I'll be there in about half an hour. I need to wake up before I try driving," she finished.

"See you later, then. And thanks." Haruna gently hung up.