Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Moon Revenge ❯ Rising Tides ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Moon Revenge
By Michi-chan
*Author's note at bottom

Part 1 - Rising Tides

In the distance her voice faded in and out of her mind. Nothing could really explain why she was hearing voices now. It had been four years since that fateful day when she lost everything. The pain inside her heart was still clear as day. Everything had happened so fast, but she remembered every detail. Slowly her eyes opened allowing to see her blurry ceiling. She always cried when it rained. She always cried when she saw snowy mountains, and ice cream too. Video arcades, schools, temples, and the night sky. It seemed as though everything made her cry. She knew because the one she cared for was in all thing things.

Ami Minzo, now 20, glanced over at her side clock. It was almost eight in the morning and she was due to work in one hour. She sighed and looked at a picture on the other side of her wall. Everyone in the picture was smiling, but that seemed so long ago.
She sat up and held her head in her hands, allowing the sadness to run through her.

She swung her legs over the side of the bed, walking across the cold floor to her bathroom. Everything seemed cold now a day. On the sink laid her Henshin pen. It had been years since she last used it, and she had vowed never to use it or touch it again. She had lied to herself. Every morning she would run a slender finger over and daydream.
Today she actually picked it, holding it close to her cheek, felling the power connecting with her own body. That was when the phone rang. Ami jumped and rushed to the phone in the other room,

"Moshi moshi." she answered.

"Ami-san, it Furuki."

"Oh, hi Furuki-san. Doshita?"

"Kamyia-san wants you to come in right away. I know it's short notice but..."

"It's ok. I don't mind. But I'd like to know why." she asked. Ami noticed that her working partner, Furuki seemed to hesitate. She said his name and he snapped out of his trance.

"Gomen... It's your program. Kamyia-san says it's flawed, but I don't believe her.
We worked too hard, and ran so many tests." He laughed nervously. "I think she's just out to get you."

"Yeah... sure" Ami said quietly. She said good-bye. The pen, forgotten, fell out of her hand into her open purse. Within 15 minutes she was ready to go. She grabbed her purse and her shoulder bag and left her apartment.

The Tokyo Research Institution wasn't far from where she lived. On nicer days she would walk to work. It wasn't the job that Ami had dreamed of, but she didn't mind too much. After a while her dreams slowly faded and it just seemed like a way to get through life. After tossing her stuff into her locker she put on her lab coat and walked down the long hall to the computer room. It was bustling as usual and she took a seat in front of her assigned computer. It wasn't long before Furuki joined her. He was only about half a head taller then Ami. He used to wear glasses, but switched to contacts not too long ago.

"Ohyo Ami-san." he greeted, his black hair seemed to be messed up this morning.

"Stressing again Furuki-san?" She asked. He nodded, a slight blush on his face.

"Well," he coughed. "The program we developed, Usagi, isn't compatible for other computer outside the main system. Kamiya-san says that you need to fix it."

"Me?" she asked, wondering why her boss singled out her.

"Well, you see the guys down in programming are on strike, and we need the program by tonight so marketing can get it out on Saturday. If not, we'll have to wait another week," he stressed.

"Well. Usagi should be too hard to change." she said quietly and pulled out the program disk. Thus started Ami's long day. She worked through lunch, and Furuki had brought her a sandwich. As she ate and typed, she thought back to the days of the Moonlight Knight. She smiled to herself, keeping it dear to her heart. Hours went by and soon it was almost midnight. Furuki ran the sixth test and sighed.

"One last section, then we can go home." he yawned. Ami nodded and rubbed her eyes.

"This will only take about another hour or so. You can go home, I'll run the final test." Ami suggested. Furuki shook his head.

"You'd be here all night, plus you need my password to get your computer out of the main system." he smiled at her. "I'll tell you what, I'll go down to the lobby and get some coffee."

"That would be nice." Ami said. Soon he was gone and Ami yawned again. She continued to type while Furuki got the coffee.

"Ami..." whispered a familiar voice as Ami wiped her eyes. Her head snapped up and she looked around for the owner of the voice. The voice called to her and it seemed to come from her computer screen. Ami stared at it and saw Usagi's lonesome face looking at her with sad eyes.

"Usagi!" Ami screamed reaching for the screen, but the face faded along with the voice. Tears ran down her cheek.

"Usagi... Hime... " she touched the screen.

"Ami-san?" Furuki stood holding the cups in the doorway. Ami jumped. "Doshita?"

"Hai, I'm fine." He handed her the coffee and Ami took it gratefully. She never liked coffee, but she didn't want to hurt Furuki's feelings. The room seemed to glow and Ami looked out the window at the full moon. She felt like crying.

"Ami-san!" Furuki's started voice pulled her out of her daydream. She looked at her computer as it glowed in the light, electricity pouring out of it. The energy of the computer crackled and glowed; piling it's self together to form the figure of a young woman. The woman's features came through so clearly and soon both Ami and Furuki could see the maiden in her long pigtails and flowing silver dress.

"Usagi...." Ami whispered again.

"You know her?" Furuki asked with a bit of fear. Ami nodded. Usagi looked at
Ami with sad eyes and held her hands out. Electricity shot out of her hands and zapped the blue hair woman. Ami screamed as her body was lifted into the air and covered in yellow light. Furuki tried to get her down, but one hit if the energy knocked him out cold.

Ami's pen, which had fallen into her purse earlier, glowed and floated to its master.
It formed a blue bubble around Ami's unconscious form. Usagi looked on without emotion as the bubble floated into the light of the moon and disappeared.

__________
Well how did you like it? This will be my longest project ever. I accept all feedback. As the story goes on you'll begin to see the meaning of everyone. I'm still working on my other stories, proof reading and all. The Loveless Goddess is one of my favorites, so please read it. I promise I'll retype chapter 1, since it's been missing for a long time. Stay tuned for the next Chapter of Moon Revenge. ^_^