Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Moon Revenge ❯ Nothing to Lose ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Moon Revenge
By Michi-chan

Part 5 - Nothing to Lose

The sun shone brightly upon her young face. Rays filtered through the glass and warmed her skin. Deep blue eyes, only half open floated in greenish water. She couldn't feel her arms or her legs. Her entire body was numb, floating in and overgrown test tube. She had seen and felt everything. Yet she could do nothing about it.

The test tube was the only thing in the entire room. Large chapel windows covered the walls. The ceiling was made of stained glass. Pillars lined a straight long path, and at the end was light. Marble floors and sliver tapestries surrounded her. Totally isolated from touch, taste, and air, she was, somehow, still alive. Years had passed and with each day she withered away. All that time she felt so weak all the time, but now she felt different: stronger and hopeful. Was it because they were brought to her?

Soft clicking echoed around her. She slowly lifted her head even though it took some effort. Her golden hair fluttered around. A woman with flowing silver curls stood before her. The woman's hair reached the ground and pooled around her. Her dress was made of sheer white colored material hanging about in a lazy sort of manner. Her face was pale and her silver eyes shimmered in the sunlight. A delicate hand touched the glass.

"How are you today Hime-Chan?" the woman asked. Usagi opened her mouth, but no sound came out.

"Do not worry Hime-Chan your friends are safe," she said. Usagi spoke again in the voice that only the woman could hear.

-Why did you bring them here? -

"You seemed lonely Hime. I know what it is like to be lonely. Wouldn't you like some company?" The woman turned and looked out one of the many windows. "You were fading my child. I must keep you alive. Earthia must not get her wish."

-Please, Lady Rinko, let me go home. And let my friends go. - If Usagi wasn't in the green liquid Rinko would have seen her tears.

"It is not safe there. Earthia will kill you, and if that happens...I will... cease to exist."

-That's selfish. You make me suffer because you don't want to die. - Usagi accused. Rinko turned on her.

"No!" She sighed. "Oh my child... If only you understood. Your mother... understood, but she had no idea where she sent your souls. If only I hadn't been so weak. I would have created a new place for you. But now... you are the last."

-What are you talking about? If you want me to understand...Rinko wait! - Usagi's voice echoed in Rinko's mind as she left. It pained her down to her very being to see her suffering. Outside the sun shone brightly. Soon the princess's senshi would awaken. She knew that they hated her, but they must understand.

She glided along the white stones of the rose garden. This was Mars' side. She moved along past vine covered trees, Jupiter, ponds and pool, Mercury, and the buttercup field, Venus. The Moon was beautiful. She felt beautiful. But her heart hurt and she still felt too weak to put her plan in action. She sighed and vanished with the lunar winds.

***********
Makoto groaned as the sun hit her eyes. She put a hand over her face and sat up. She was in bed, but who brought her here? Usagi! Makoto shot up and looked around. The room emanated a green light. The door was wide open. The setting seemed very familiar, but seemed so distant. Someone walked past her room and Makoto gasped. She jumped up and ran to her door, leaning out.

"Ami?" she called. Ami stopped and turned around. Her eyes glazed over with tears.

"M...Makoto?" she asked taking a few steps closer.

"Ami! Makoto!" Yelled a third person. Rei. She rushed up to her friends and encircled them in her arms.

"Rei you're here too." Ami stated, more then she asked.

"Oh my God, you are here. It's been so long!" Rei cried hugging them. After many tears and greetings the three women calmed down and compared trips.

"Usagi brought me here." Mako said.

"That wasn't Usagi. I got... this weird feeling from her. This imposter only looks like Usagi." Rei said deeply.

"But why? Who?" Ami panicked. "Who wants to play with us like this?" Ami fumed. Mako held her arm gently. Something clicked in Ami's mind.

"If we're here, dose that mean that Minako is here too?" se asked. Mako and Rei looked at each other.

"I haven't seen Minako in years." Rei said sadly.

"She comes by my restaurant sometimes." Mako said quietly. They all thought.

"Lets try and figure out where we are." Rei suggested. With that they walled along the long corridor of the building. The sun shone through the glass ceilings and bounced off the walls. It was warm and peaceful. The sent of flowers lead them outside.

"Who-" Mako whispered. A lone figure stood in a meadow covered in buttercups. A wind picked up and tossed her blonde hair around her.

"Minako!" Ami broke away and ran to Minako. Minako stood like a statue, staring off.

"Minako?" Rei asked, moving closer.

"I... I don't believe it. It can't be real." Minako whispered.

"What is it Minako?" Mako asked. "What do you see?" Minako turned and looked at them, tears in her eyes.

"We're on the moon."

**********
Rinko looked at the princess's precious senshi. Years ago they couldn't keep her from taking Usagi away. She came out of her trance and looked around the cavern of white rocks. She held a white crystal in her hand and stared deeply in it. If this kept up she would die. If Serenity's senshi took her away she wouldn't have enough strength to protect her from Earthia, and she would surly die.

"It's too soon to explain. Their wounds are still open." Rinko held her hands together. Who would she pray to? She dropped her hands and went back into a trance. She opened her eyes and saw a group of familiar men. One seemed all too familiar. Serenity still cared from him. Even though he is born of earth. His generals still loved them even though they betrayed each other. These men.

They would make the princess happy. If Serenity is happy, then she will give off such energy. Rinko would be able to stop Earthia. If only Earthia could see, could realize how if felt to be a part of her children. Rinko watched the people earth praise to the Gods and slowly weaken Earthia, but despite the mistreatment Earthia was still more powerful then herself.

"If I had a bit of that power, I could..." Rinko said to herself and then brightened. She would be able to hit two birds with one stone. At lest that is what the say on earth.

"Hime." Rinko slowly approached the tube, holding Usagi's captive body. Bare and weak, wrapped in the warm liquid and alone.

-Rinko-

"I know that in past times I have borrowed your body, but I knew that if you went to retrieve your senshi you would not return, and if I went they would not come with me."

-I don't doubt that. - Usagi frowned.

"Hime I know that you love the prince of earth," she said calmly, and Usagi's head shot up.

-No! Don't hurt him! Please! -

"Hime... I refuse to compromise your love. If you want... You can go and retrieve him, but you must promise to return to me. Return to the Moon." Rinko looked so sad and lonely. For a long time Usagi's eyes stared at her.

-I...I promise. - Rinko smiled.

"I know I can trust you Serenity. You are so much like you mother." With a wave of her delicate hand the tube vanished. Usagi was gently lowered to the sun warm marble floor. Rinko came close and covered her body in a silk robe the pooled around her. Usagi shuddered and gulped down the sweet air. Her Lung absorbed it and her muscles regained their feeling.

"Rinko..." She said quietly sitting up.

"Yes."

"Why are you letting me live? Why are you letting me go? Why do you trust me? How do you know my mother? And who are you?" Usagi asked. Rinko laughed.

"Oh you are just how I remember. When all is in order Hime I shall explain my actions. I just hope... that you can forgive me." Rinko closed her eyes. Before Usagi could speak again Rinko have her instructions.

"When you are ready stand in the middle of this room and call me. Tell me where you want to be sent and I shall grant your wish. Once you have achieved your goal, face the full moon while on earth and call to me." Rinko slowly vanished. "I trust you will return Serenity."

"Rinko.... who are you?" Usagi whispered to the air. For then next hour Usagi laid on the floor relishing the joy of being able to feel things again.