Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Moon Revenge ❯ Lost and Linked ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Moon Revenge
By Michi-chan

Part 7 - Lost and Linked

Darkness surrounded Usagi as she floated in nothing. Weightless and breathless she looked around for anything or anyone. Why was she here? It was just like being in the tube on the moon. She felt numb and longed for Mamoru's comforting arms.

"Do not fret Hime-chan. I'm here," echoed a familiar voice.

"Rinko!"

"I hope that you have found Prince Endymion," she continued.

"I have..." Usagi looked around.

"I have another favor to ask of you Hime-chan."

"Why should I help you? You kept me away from everything and everyone I ever loved," Usagi yelled.

"Please Hime-chan. If you vex me I shall have to call you back, without your prince," Rinko said in an icy tone that
sent chills down Usagi's back. If she lost Mamoru again she would die. Being away from his warmth almost killed her before.

"Alright..." Usagi finally submitted.

"Arigato Hime-chan. It's very simple. I'll give you till the next full moon to find
Endymion's four generals."

"His generals?"

"Yes." A beam of bright light flashed and Usagi shielded her eyes. She saw an image of Metailla's four top generals that had fought along side of her years ago.

"That's..." She whispered as she watched them crowd around prince Endymion. "Those are Metailla's generals!"
"This scene was from years ago, from the Silver Millennium," Rinko's voice echoed. "They were once his generals Hime. Did you know?" Rinko said as the image faded.

"I didn't... Wait! I remember Mamo-chan saying something about that but I didn't really think on it."

"Yes. They are encased in stones, but I can restore them. With Metaillia dead they will not be affected by her curse."

"Rinko, why?" Usagi asked. There came no answer. Her body started to feel heavy. Her arms moved automatically to a set position and warmth enveloped her. She felt her surroundings changed and closed her eyes, feeling content.

Her eyes opened slowly, her eyelids heavy. She squinted as the sun hit her face.
Her memory rushed back to her as she blushed a deep red, remembering how Mamoru had shown his love for her. His kisses and soft touches made her giggle and sigh. She had felt so cherished last night and she would give up the entire world just to stay in his arms.

He still slept soundly, holding her gently. She rested her head on his warm bare chest. His soft steady breathing calmed her and she snuggled closer to him. He was perfect in every way. So much she had missed those past few years. Allowing her to come to him was the best thing that Rinko had done for her. Even now Rinko was allowing her to stay on earth with him a little longer. Of course this came with a price but Usagi didn't mind. It was extended time in heaven for her.

**********
Mamoru took a deep breath inhaling the sent of this beautiful angel. An angel who had granted him all his wishes and had returned to him after so long. His life felt so complete and all he wanted to do was be with her. He looked down and saw her yawn. She was so cute when she did that.

"Morning Usako," he said in English kissing the top of her head.

"Ah Good Morning Mamo-chan." Usagi giggled in broken English.

"I don't want to ruin the mood but... how long will you be here?" he asked, recalling a part of their conversation last night.

"I've been granted the pleasure of staying until the next full moon." She smiled. "Then you can come with me."

"Come with you? Where?" Mamoru sat up, gathering her in his arms.

"To the Moon," she frowned. "Rinko... wants me to return... with you and your generals from the Silver Millennium. If I don't go back... she'll take me away... and I'll never see you again." Tears began to leak out of her eyes and fall down her cheek. Mamoru took a finger and wiped them away from her delicate skin. Even her tears were a welcome sight to him.

"Don't worry Ondango-atama. I'll go with you." He smiled down at her.

"Really?" she hugged him tight. "What about your generals."

"Well...." He looked at his bookshelf. "They used to stay there." He pointed to an empty spot of the shelf. " Their crystal forms that is. But..."

"Doshite Mamo-chan?"

"Just last year someone broke into the apartment and stole them. I couldn't find them and nor could the police. After a while I found the box in a dumpster, but the crystals were gone. I don't know where they could be." Usagi kissed his cheek and smiled.

"Don't worry. We have an entire lunar cycle to find them."

***********
Time was running out. At this rate Earthia would surely harness that power from the senshi and the Earthh generals. Rinko knew that she could never let that happen, not if she wanted to give her hime the life she was meant to have, a life full of happiness and without opposition.

Rinko clutched her fist and looked up to the stars. Her faith in Usagi was strong, but without the silver crystal she was defenseless against Earthia's forces, and is Usagi were to die all of her well thought out plans would be futile.

"I need your help," she said to the stars. They seemed to twinkle and turn their attention to her, moving across the darkness of space.

"In return for restoring the body of one of your own I want to use your sevices," she called out. The stars glittered and Rinko knew that the deal was done.

**********
"Oh I forgot what ice cream tasted like." Usagi cheered as Mamoru handed her an ice cream cone. Her excited smile brought joy to his heart and made his head light. He grinned at her. It felt so good to have her near. He had called in his vacation time at his job because he wanted to spend the weeks with Usagi; his everything and his all. She hadn't wanted much, just a trip to the park and the food stands. She still ate as much as she used to but she was a bit more refined.

Her hair still glittered in the sunlight and her skin regained its color in the bright sun. She seemed to float on the air. She acted like a giddy schoolgirl on her first date.
Mamoru made sure to hold her frequently and give her quick kisses every ten minutes.
They hadn't hit any department stores so Usagi had to manage in a pair of Mamoru's old sweat pants and a T-shirt. She seemed to sink within the baggy clothing, and at times
Mamoru thought she would fall under the folds of clothing and he would lose her again.

"Mamo-chan, look at that!" Usagi pointed at a yellow sundress with a hat.

"Is that the one that you want?" he asked and she nodded. Within thirty minutes Usagi was wearing a new sundress, pulling at Mamoru's arm. She laughed and smiled and talked of seeing her family and recovering the stones. It was like she had been reborn.

It was after the time of the sunset when Usagi and Mamoru started the long walk back to the apartment. Usagi's reunion with her family had lasted hours. It was hard for her not to tell her parents the truth, especially when her father believed that she and Mamoru had eloped.

The moon, only three-fourths full, hovered of them like a warning, a warning that they only had about a month to be together and complete what they had to do. Usagi's heart felt heavy, thinking about her friends on the moon. Would Rinko tell them the truth about kidnapping them and her? Would they be lonely? She prayed that they hadn't been imprisoned like she had been. The moon could be a lonely, beautiful and deadly place. She sighed inwardly, clutching onto Mamoru's arm as he walked in a daze.

Just then someone tackled her from behind. The person was smaller, but their force was great. Usagi fell face first on the pavement. Pain shot up her body and she cried out.
The small person pounded on her back yelling and screaming.

"You monster! Where did you take her? Tell me! Tell me now or I'll kill you
Ondango-Atama!" the girl yelled. Mamoru grabbed hold of the girl's arms and locked them in his grip. The young girl struggled and kicked and screamed. She cursed and spit, accusing Usagi of kidnapping and possibly murder.

"Hey, hey! Hold on there a second! Calm down kid." Mamoru said. He glanced over at Usagi and she nodded, signaling that she was fine.

"Who are you? Why are you calling me Ondango-Atama?" Usagi asked the girl.
The girls stopped and looked Usagi in the eye.

"Your... your... not her...?" The girl cast her eyes downward. "Gomen nasi. I thought that you're my friend's kidnapper. I didn't mean to jump you. It's just that you look like them... but your eyes are different. I don't know quite how to explain it but I can tell." she said quietly.

"Who was your friend?" Mamoru asked, letting go of her arms.

"Makoto, Kino Makoto."

"Mako-chan?" Usagi whispered. "How do you know her?"

"I'm Kamira Yuui. I work for her. She employed my brother to search for a lost friend."

"Usako... Mako is..." Mamoru said in a deep voice that rumbled in his chest. Usagi turned her head away.

"I know, I know." she looked back at Yuui Look Yuui, "I saw Mako-chan last night." Usagi lied.

"Really! Where is she? Is she ok?" Yuui asked franticly, hope shining in her eyes. It only made Usagi feel guiltier about lying to the girl.

"Yes. She's fine, but she had some family business to take care of in Sakura."
Usagi patted the girl's shoulder. "I'm sure she'll call you. She has a habit of doing things at the last minute."

"Wait." Yuui thought about the situation for a moment. "I know what I saw. I saw Makoto-san disappear. I couldn't have dreamed it. When I couldn't find her I felt like dying." Tears began to gather in Yuui's eyes. Usagi pitied the poor girl. She couldn't tell Yuui the truth, but she couldn't think of anything, and she knew that she didn't have the heart to lie anymore.

"Did this happen at night?" Mamoru cut in, sensing Usagi's distress.

"Somewhere around midnight I think. It was very late, and we were closing up shop."

"Are you sure you didn't have a hallucination?" Mamoru asked in his skeptic voice. "A person disappearing in this air sounds a bit unbelievable, don't you think?" Yuui looked at her feet and then nodded.

"I guess it does sound silly. Especially if you say you saw her yesterday." Yuui bowed lowly at Usagi. "I'm sorry if I hurt you."

"That's alright. Maybe you should go home and get some rest. You look tired," Usagi suggested. Yuui nodded.
Usagi waved her off. Poor Yuui probably missed Mako-chan like crazy, but if she had been told the truth everything would have fallen apart.

"You did the right thing." Mamoru said sliding his arm around her.

"Did I?" he nodded.

"She can't know the truth. It's a secret Usagi, and it would only make her worry even more," he said. She just nodded. How many people were affected by Rinko's actions? How many people were suffering and mourning for their loved ones? Usagi felt a heavy burden on her shoulders.

***********
Late into the night Usagi's heart ate at her soul. Something inside her felt weird and lonely. Maybe it was an omen. She tossed and turned heat rising and pain shot through her legs. Something glittered and called out to her, promising relief and safety. She reached for it bout couldn't quite touch it. She heard a man's voice calling for another.

"Endymion-sama, find me. I'm here," it called. The light got brighter and then seemed to whiz past her head. It was moving so fast. Its taillights sprinkled a glittering white dust across her. She glowed and felt calmer, but she also felt cold. Chills ran down her spine and she shivered. What was this feeling? What was this light? Then something that felt like a nail, slammed into her heart and she screamed.

"MAMO-CHAN!" She shot up in bed, sweating and clutching her chest. She heaved and tried to breath. Mamoru was not next to her. Black cloth fluttering in the wind caught her eye. She turned and saw a lone figure dressed in black at the open window.

"Tuxedo Kamen-sama..." she whispered. Tuxedo Kamen didn't turn to look at her.

"I felt something. He's close," he said in his low tone.

"Who?"

"Jedite... I can feel his energy. His stone is on the move and I have to find it," he said.

"Mamo-chan…"
His eyes flashed as a wave of energy hit him and he homed in on Jedite's location. In a flash he was out the window. Usagi called out to him and jumped out of bed, running to the window. She leaned out and watched him travel the rooftops. She held her chest. She didn't have her transformation brooch with her. If only she could transform she could help him. She could help everybody.

Minutes later a bright light and an explosion signaled danger. Usagi leaned out the window farther. It came from the same direction that Tuxedo Kamen had gone in. Her face glowed yellow then orange in the firelight and tears began to run down her cheeks.
She wiped them away and frowned, mentally scolding herself. She ran to the balcony and carefully climbed onto the ledge. She jumped from the balcony onto a low rooftop. She traveled the rooftops, moving as fast as she could.

Her bare feet struck cold hard brick and rock. They grew hard under her and she moved faster. Her hair whipped and her dress flew around her ankles. That night she had wore the dress that Rinko gave her and now cursed for putting on. Several times she had tripped while jumping from rooftop to rooftop. She may not have been Sailor Moon at that time, but she could still fight. Couldn't she?

************
A little girl ran through the streets clutching a stone close to her body. It glowed faintly in the night, giving her strength. The small child, about eight years old, rushed on.
She knew that she came to earth for a reason, and if she failed now everyone would be in danger. The weight of her duty sat heavily on her shoulders and she moved along, dodging into alleys and across streets.

"Oh you can't give up now Chibi-chibi," said a tiny voice. It flew along side of the girls red hair.

"Starluck, she is right behind me. I have to protect this stone and get it to Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Kamen. That is why I've separated from Galaxia again. I must not fail," she huffed. Starluck, a little fairy with glowing green hair frowned and then nodded. She could feel Earthia's presence close by. She knew that they would be caught soon. They crossed the empty street to the Shinto Shrine. Rei used to live here but after her grandfather died and Usagi disappeared she closed it. Not one soul had been there in years. Chibi-chibi climbed the stairs, her small legs starting to hurt. At the top of the stairs was a tall figure in black.

"Stop there," Tuxedo Kamen said in his strong voice.

"Tuxedo Kamen!" Chibi-chibi cried and launched herself onto his leg. He stumbled back in surprise then pulled the girl off of him.

"Have we met before?" he asked. Even though his eyes were covered you could see the confusion on his handsome face.

"Don't you remember me? Chibi-chibi," she smiled.

"What? I'm sorry, I don't really... recall...." He tried to think. Starluck stood on
Chibi-chibi's head and put her tiny hands on her tiny waist. She stomped her foot once to get the girl's attention.

"He was under the influence of Galaxia dummy. He won't remember you," she squeaked. Sensing Earthia's energy made her gasp. She flew up to Tuxedo Kamen and yelled.

"Earthia is coming! There is no time to explain. We are friends of Sailor Moon and Rinko sent us to aid you. We have what you are looking for. This one was in the most danger and thanks to the Starlights we were able to retrieve it, but Earthia is coming to take Jedite and you must stop her."

"Hold on a second. What are you talking about?" he fumed.

"No time, she's here!" Starluck yelled.

"So glad you all want to welcome me," said an icy female voice. A woman walked up the stairs carefully. She was dressed in green blue and white robes. The colors seemed to blend and mix together. Her hair flowed a lovely brown all around her shoulders. It was wrapped in several buns and put into several ponytails. She was young and radiant and an aura of power flowed around her body. Flowers bloomed and died where ever she stepped and her arms were held open.

"The crystal. Give me Jedite. I could care less what you do with Nephrite and
Zoicite but Jedite and Kunzite belong to me."

"No way!" Chibi-chibi yelled.

"You people of the stars, you always get in the way," she sighed with slight annoyance. She lifted up her hand and a stream of green light shot to them. Starluck popped up in front and held up her hand to form a barrier around Chibi-chibi and Tuxedo
Kamen. Tuxedo Kamen took hold of Chibi-chibi's hand, darting to the side.

"Well at lest I know who to fight," Tuxedo Kamen murmured. He moved forward as a wave of energy was released from his hand upon Earthia. She blocked easily laughing.
The fight waged on. Earthia would advance and Starluck or Tuxedo Kamen would keep her at bay, away from Chibi-chibi and the precious stone, which bore Jedite's heart and soul.

"Star Blaster!" Starluck called, using her wings to shower tiny star points on
Earthia. Tuxedo Kamen let loose a surge of power and it glowed red, creating a large explosion. He huffed as Chibi-chibi cringed behind his cape. Earthia hadn't even broken a sweat nor did she gain a single scratch. Starluck's glow dimmed as she tried to keep her eyes open. The sky received the smoke and flames, illuminating it with an orange hue. A yellow aura surrounded Earthia and the fire swirled around her, not touching her at all.

Tuxedo Kamen felt his energy fade faster then ever. He had never fought such a powerful enemy. She had blocked all of their most powerful attacks and had inflicted great pain upon them. They were trapped between her and the temple. Even as the night air glowed around them, hope seemed so far. She laughed and held up her fingers. A glowing ball of blue light formed in her open palm.

"Now you shall die and I will take the stone from your dead bodies."

"No!" called a desperate female voice. Usagi, out of breath stood at the top of the temple stairs. "No please wait," she huffed. Tuxedo Kamen stood in shock. She had followed him all the way out here. Had she seen the explosion and came? If that was so, why did she come dressed in her 'nightgown?' He blinked rapidly in disbelief. His little
Usako had traveled almost seven miles because she was concerned about his safety. It warmed his heart, but a need to move her out of the open space overcame his happiness.

"You! I know who you are," Earthia growled. She set her sights on Usagi holding up her glowing hand. "That energy.... I know now... I shall kill you!" Earthia seemed to glow with anger. Usagi, too tired to run, stood with one hand on her waist and the other on her chest, still breathing hard, with fear in her eyes. Her pupils seemed to shrink and her voice got caught in her throat. Even if she had wanted to she couldn't move a single inch. Her heart beat faster as a bright green light moved toward her. Everything seemed to go in slow motion. She couldn't take her eyes off of the moving light.

Tuxedo Kamen saw it happen all to fast. With all of his might and left over strength he ran towards her. The fear of losing her again boosted his adrenaline. He felt his strength renewed, but in his mind she seemed so far away. His hand reached out to brush her delicate arm. Like magic it restored her concentration, allowing her to focus on the entire scene. She felt her self being lifted into familiar arms and carried off the ground. A dull impact to her side surprised her, just before she hit the ground, crushed under the weight of Tuxedo Kamen's body. Her head whipped in one direction hitting the cold ground. Her eyes blurred and everything looked fuzzy. She felt tired and slowly closed her eyes.