Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Of the Dream ❯ Of the Dream ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
That was the most memorable time she was with Timothy. It was the time when fate brought them together. Their following romantic year had been great, it was like they were meant to be. They were as one, and it seemed everlasting that they would always be together. Sadly their realty dream ended when Timothy graduated from the High School and gone away to University. Michelle was quite sad, but they had to be separated. Though in their heart, their love would never die. Michelle closed her eyes and felt she could see their past in her mind.

The answering machine message told her that he happened to be in Vancouver, and found her number, hoping he would be able to meet with her and chat like old times. Michelle listened to the message time and time again, she loved the sweet sounding of his voice that seems to have so much sorrows. Timothy had left Michelle a number for her to contact him, and Michelle dialled him up as soon as she received his message.

"Hello...?" A charming voice answered
"Hi, does a Timothy Tozayo live here?" Michelle said softly.
"Speaking..."
"Timothy? Hi, this is Michelle. You called me earlier today?"
"MICHELLE? Hi, yeah, how are you? Wow, it's been so long since I talked to you! It's so great to hear your voice again." Timothy sounded very happy, but his voice trailed as he neared the end of his sentence.
"You said you wanted to see me sometime?"
"As a matter of fact, yes. When are you free?"
"Well...I have summer school every weekday, and have to work during weekday afternoons. The only time I would be free would be on Weekends."
"Are you free this coming weekend?" Timothy sounded very determined.
"Yes. Do you want me to meet you up somewhere? Like where you are staying?"
"NO," Timothy was practically screaming, then he calmed down. "How about at a café?"
"Sure, how about at the place I work; Milestones?" Michelle suggested.
"Err, let me think..." There was a pause on the other line before Timothy answered. "Sure I can make it. When are you free?"
"Anytime, you decide." Michelle continued.
"2:00p.m. at the outside tables in front of Milestones. Is that convenient for you?"
"Sure, I'll be there. Do you need me to bring anything?"
"Nah, it's alright, I just want to see you and chat. Wow, I never realized how long it's been since I last seen you. I really miss you a lot over all this time." Timothy said quietly.
Michelle didn't know what to say, and just smile and giggled into the phone. She missed Timothy a lot as well, but dared not to say it. In her heart, she knew she would always love him and never forgot him and their past...

"Hello? Michelle? Everything is set then?" Timothy wondered when Michelle did not answer.
"Yeah. I'll be there."
"GREAT. See ya!" There was click, and she slowly hung up the phone.

Michelle smiled to herself, in her day dreaming mode. She was so happy to have the chance to see her beloved Timothy again. She was clicked back to reality when her watch alarm went off, warning her it was time to get to work.

* * * * *

The week passed, and the Saturday has arrived. She got up extra early that day. Michelle was quite excited, she cleaned her house before leaving. She went by to Safeway and bought a bouquet of flowers for him. She arrived at Milestones at 1:45 p.m. and found a table outside. She ordered a drink and waited for Timothy to arrive. Five minutes passed, and there he appeared before her standing tall and bold. There was something different about him that Michelle noticed right away. He looked very pale, even paler than before, and his eyes were rather sunken in, he still had his shine within them, but with pain in them. With a small silver box in his hand, he placed it in front of Michelle. With that, they embraced and held each other for some time. Then, they sat down. Michelle felt rather uncomfortable seeing him in his state.

"So...Timothy, it's been a while... I've often been thinking about you. How are you doing?" That was the first thing she said.
"Hi Michelle, I've been busy and tired. But overall, I'm fine. I came here for important business and that's what I want to talk to you about. But before we get to that topic, tell me about how you've been throughout the past years?"
Michelle wondered what he meant by important business, she did not think much about it and answered, "I've been...OK I guess. School keeps me busy. I'm going to UBC this coming September."
"GREAT, what field are you going into?"
"Music and Arts, my absolute favourite interests." Michelle smiled.
"Yeah, I remember, you were a goddess with the violin, and those paintings you owned in the museums back in Tokyo. They showed your talents and wonderful future. Will you play for me sometimes?" Timothy inquired.
"I'd be happy to."

Timothy smiled and became silent. Often times he opened his mouth as if to say something, but each time, he slowly closed it, and as if pain struck him ordering him not to say it. Michelle noticed it, and she wanted to ask, but his expression made her shrink back and just wait for him to speak. That silent lasted for what seemed like an hour. Finally, Timothy spoke up,

"Open the box, it's for you."
"Huh?" Michelle said. Timothy placed the silver box into Michelle's hands, and told her to open it.

She held the box in her hands and felt the smooth surface. With that, she took off the lid, and looked in. She gasped...

Within, she saw the most beautiful locket made from an aqua gem. She began to open her mouth to ask for an explanation just as Timothy started to speak.

"I got this for you in high school, but me leaving in a rush to go to University made me forget to give it to you. Today, I came to give this to you before it's too late..." He trailed off, his tone was full of pain he was trying to hide, but it's obvious that it is present.
"What do you mean too late?" Michelle wanted to know about his troubles.
"I..." He looked away with agony in his eyes.

He sat in the chair beside Michelle, he was motionless, and he was staring away to prevent anything that might cause him to break down. Timothy's eyes revealed his every emotion. Before, Michelle just had looked at them and could see his love for her. His eyes showed his kindness, his pride, and his boldness, however, at that moment they were empty. Michelle wanted to see the liveliness in his eyes again, and stop the silence, but she seemed to be under a spell that prevented her from moving or speaking. She just stared at him with deep desire to dissolve all the pain that was surrounding him.

Eventually, Timothy opened his mouth to speak. "I have deadly cancer. I'm currently living in the hospital and being treated. My lungs were weak as a baby, and from smoking, I have screwed it up even worse. There's not much hope."

It came all so suddenly that Michelle was stunned by the remark. Without even knowing what was ahead of them, it was difficult to find a way to pass the time. Michelle was thinking what was to happen, but each time, pushed the horrid thoughts out of her head. She lowered her head and felt herself gasping for air pulling on her neck to prevent her from breathing. Hot tears stained her face, she did not want to cry in front of Timothy, but they were out of her control. Timothy reached over and lifted her head. All her shiny wavy green hair was covering her face, he brushed them away to expose her tear stained eyes, he tried to comfort her, but anything he said made more tears pour out. Neither wanted to think about what was to happen, so they mostly occupied the ever-lasting minutes with the idle talk of the past and life overall. But soon, they realized it's no use keep on pretending everything is ok, for nothing is. Timothy was getting operation the following week.

In a detached voice without emotions he said, "If the surgery goes well, I can live for another 20 years, otherwise I can live 3 months with treatment. The surgery only has a 20% chance of saving me, therefore my chance of survival is very slim. I am prepared to leave this place, but I can't bear to leave you."

As he spoke these words, the grip around Michelle's nick tightened, she struggled for a breath. She wanted to run, not only from the table, but from the whole situation. But she couldn't just leave Timothy, she felt confused, angry and frightened to lose someone she loved so much.

"Timothy, I don't want you to leave." She stammered through sniffles and tears. "I...I love you." And threw her arms around his neck, it was then when she felt more secure holding on to him.

When she opened her eyes and looked up into Timothy's eyes, water welled up on the brim of his eyelids. With a blink, the tear slowly slid down his pale soft cheek. Michelle pressed her lips upon his cheek and tasted his salty tears on her tongue. Michelle knew he was going to do everything he could in order to conquer the cancer to overtake the like that he wasn't done living. He was going on an adventure to find a cure for the deadly cancer, for it must not ever take over him and take away his life. It wasn't his time. He asked Michelle to be with him; stay in his life for the last few months he was able to live.
After another few hours passed, they separated.

* * * * *