Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Only Because It's Cold ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Minako grinned at Rei's exasperated look at her request. She got it anyway though.
Any other time, in Minako' opinion, Rei was as adorable as it was possible for one person to be and she moved with subconscious grace.
When she was reluctantly doing what the blonde Senshi of Love was asking with a pout, Rei claimed it was a frown, and with those brown eyes wide it was double the usual adorableness.
More often than not Minako had caught herself watching Rei as they walked, whose hips swayed almost dancing in tune with something only she could hear, and Minako was usually behind her, head turned down watching them, with a wide grin, and a devilish sparkle in royal blue eyes.
The only thing that Minako loved more than the subconscious grace that gravitated to everything that the young miko did, were her eyes.
Those large, innocent, yet world weary brown eyes that flashed violet for a few seconds if provoked were her breaking point.
Her legs helped too.
Rei did know that Minako enjoyed it when they locked eyes and turned it into a staring match and, as immature as it was, they didn't look away sometimes for seconds, other times for minutes, and this time for two hours straight tears running down their red eyes.
She assumed it had something to do with the fact that Minako could occasionally claim victory, when her naturally teasing nature would appear and she could make the Senshi of Passion look away in embarrassment.
Ami would then scold them, with the slight, sly smile that made it seem more like her personal version of teasing; saying they could ruin their eyes and asking how would they complain about the lack of cuties in their class. Or rather Minako's class because Rei went to a private all-girls school and didn't seem to have a gay bone in her body.
After study meetings, which were more like gossip festivals, Minako usually tried to get Rei alone with the promise of helping her clean-up. What really happened was that Minako parked herself on Rei's traditional mat, read her manga and teased the serious girl until she began to respond.
Rei's teasing was half reluctant at the beginning. Lately it was fuller somehow, more willing, and it wasn't like using the Jaws of Life.
Rei could smirk, and joke just like her and the blonde felt that they had finally reached a compromise. The more Rei opened up, the more Minako could use her mask until no one could tell the difference. Not even Rei. Especially not Rei, who would force the blonde, physically or by her pure ornery stubbornness into revealing herself, whether she wanted to or not.
Minako blinked at the manga, frowned cutely, tilted the manga to one side and tilted her head the other.
Then she did the same thing any one else would do when the local genius was gone. She called the second smartest kid that they were friendly with.
“Rei!” she called.
The miko sighed. Looked like she wasn't gonna get any sleep now. Although why Minako needed to yell when they were right next to each other was a true mystery.
“What do you want now, Minako?” Rei asked irritably to the blonde who was trying to hold herself over the miko with one hand and hold the manga with the other.
And as she saw Rei's pale cheeks turn pink, a devilish thought sprung up.
Well more like snuck in through the many back doors of Minako spacey mind.
'What were to happen if I accidentally fell on her?' Minako pondered with a inner grin.
All Rei saw was a slight gleam in her blue eyes that made them glow with an inner light. She shivered her psychic senses telling her something was amiss. That was never a good thing.
'Minako,' Angel-Minako said dressed in a white robe and a golden halo over her molten hair, a small harp in hand, ' you cannot do that! Rei-chan is the nicest, sweetest, cutest person alive.'
'But those legs,' Devil-Minako protested, dressed in a tight bright orange bodysuit.
'Shouldn't you be in red?' Human-Minako asked.
'Boss lady decided we needed to go past stereotypes. Besides I like it.' Devil said, pouting lightly, and then spun in a circle.
`That is beside the point. You need to have good thoughts about Rei-chan.' Angel said firmly.
'Oh, like one with Rei covered in chocolate sauce and whipped cream isn't a good thought,' Devil snorted.
'Ecchi,' Angel and Human said with similar blushes.
Devil blew a raspberry.
`Okay now that was uncalled for, aren't we all mature individuals here,' Angel said in a somber tone.
There was silence for a few minutes before they all started laughing uproariously.
`Oh, that was a good one,' Devil said wiping a tear away as Human nodded and giggled.
`I can't believe I said that with a straight face,' Angel said with a grin.
While Minako was having a minor lapse in sanity, Rei was pondering the best way to get out of this situation with her dignity intact.
Minako's arms were on both sides of her, while her legs were on either side of Rei's hips, pining her and the blonde's body was suspiciously close to her own.
So close that if Rei even tried to move she would end up touching the other girl.
Rei cursed Minako's insight.
Minako's argument between Human, Angel, and Devil was broken up by Body.
Her arms gave up, placing her between Rei's arms that were about to push her away, and her legs were over Rei's.
Rei gasped as the air in her lungs slid out and she tried to sit up but couldn't. She frantically tried to get up but Minako lay there, stunned, and definitely not helping. Minako eventually gained movements of her body and allowed herself the luxury of running her hand through Rei's long black hair; calming the other girl.
Minako's extra body-weight had come as a surprise but now that she was calmer, it was also lighter.
The blonde was several kilograms lighter than she was and a soft, warm weight.
Minako smiled softly, and leaned closer to the miko, burrowing her face in the crook of her neck hand still in her hair.
Rei froze before relaxing. Trying to relieve herself of stress she took the bright red bow out of Minako's long golden hair and began to shift her fingers through it as a nervous reflex. A thought sprang into her mind. A little cuddling between friends on a nippy day was allowed, wasn't it? Even if they were inside and it was nice and toasty.
 
Apparently, not as Usagi came barging in yelling about something only she could understand. The point was that not two seconds into warming each other the two Senshi were broken apart by an inchoate blonde.
 
“Rei-chan! You mind if I just borrow a few manga? Naru-chan wanted to see the new one by Naoko-sempai! Thanks!” Usagi yelled before charging out her room, at least ten manga in each arm.
 
She backed up slowly, light blue eyes wide but a slight gleam in them.
 
“Minako-chan, why are you on top of Rei-chan like that?” she asked slowly.
 
“I was showing Rei something and I fell,” the other blonde muttered softly, lifting her face from Rei's neck.
 
“Oh,” Usagi said before nodding. “Okay, see you tomorrow. I'll be sure to tell Ami-chan and Mako-chan!”
 
“No, wait!” Minako called but regrettably, on that cheery note the pig-tailed girl ran off to fulfill her promise.
 
Minako sighed in defeat and allowed her head to fall again with the promise of Rei's smooth, warm neck that smelled like incense.
 
Minako both heard and felt the gentle sound of Rei's chuckles and asked softly, making sure to breathe on the neck that she was sure was a sensitive spot, “What's so funny?”
 
“You are. Why try to explain anything to Usagi-chan if you know it isn't going to work? Even Ami-chan's given up on trying to get her to listen and decided to just say formulas often enough to crack through her thick skull,” Rei chuckled again before gasping silently as Minako stuck her tongue out then drew it back in quickly.
 
“Sorry,” Minako squeaked, “I forget were my head was and that you were right there and it was reflex and. . .”
 
“Minako,” Rei mumbled before flipping them over and mirroring their original position, Rei over Minako said, “Shut up.”
 
Drawing her lips to Minako's who let out a tiny gasp, before responding to the gentle pressure, Rei initiated the first of many kisses they were destined to have. It was nice and warm, gentle and almost loving but not quite there yet. They were only sixteen and considering who they were they had plenty of time to bring it to the next level.
 
Rei moved her lips against Minako's and drew back as well as she could, before Minako assaulted her sensitive neck. Rei, never one to let up, leaned down again and nipped at Minako's delicately shaped ear getting a soft mewl that made Rei smirk and bite gently. Grandfather had to break them up later on so Rei could finish up her chores. It helped as an incentive that Minako followed her around trying to get her to work faster so they could get back to “warming each other up.”