Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Only You ❯ Falling ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I just thought that i would do something for the holidays. : ) if somebody has any suggestions for my story's plot to get a little more creative, feel free to comment!

 

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------

 

Ch. 1 Falling

 

serena bounced her way down the snow covered pavement. she was on her way to the arcade. her mother had given her a couple of bucks, so she decided to spend it on something important. the joys of drinking hot chocolate with marshmellows after a couple of sailor v games was very relaxing, and of course, she liked spending time with andrew.

 

andrew worked at the arcade, and serena thought that he was one of the best guys in the world. she would catch herself staring at him, and thanked the gods that it wasn't him who'd caught her instead.

 

she giggled at the snow that was gently falling to the ground. she stuck out her tongue and let a snowflake flutter onto it, before it melted in a small puddle. serena loved the snow! rounding a corner, serena squeeled happily. 'i'm here! yay! hot chocolate, here i come!' too happy to notice, serena bumped right into someone leaving the arcade.

 

falling to her bottom on the slippery cement sidewalk, serena landed with a suprised "eeep!" the person she bumped into, wobbled on the icy sidewalk before he too, fell to the ground. serena sat up, brushing the snow off of her cloths. then realizing why she was lying on the sidewalk, she turned to the person.

 

"i'm SO sorry! i wasn't looking at where i was going, and i didn't........." serena babled on and on.

---------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------

 

darien was just leaving, waving goodbye to andrew. picking up his school books, he walked out the door, only to be bumped into and fall onto his behind. when he looked at who knocked him over, he was met with the most brightest blue eyes he ever saw. her face glowed with the spirits of the holidays, and her lips a rosy red.

 

darien was too breathtaken to say anything. an angel is all he could describe her as. she stared at him, not breaking eye contact. gods, this girl was beautiful. two long blonde streamers were tangled up behind her. she kept on apologizing for knocking him over. she didn't have to apologize. he was glad that she knocked him over.

 

her voice was serene, just like her face. 'gods, i think i've fallen.' darien finally noticed that he was still sitting on the icy wet sidewalk, with everybody staring at them! "geez, watch where your going meatballhead!" the girl quieted and her face fludded with a rosy red.

 

"you baka! i was apologizing for knocking you over, and you go and insult me. what a jerk!"

 

serena was genuinly mad. struggling to get up, serena stood upright, knees wobbling. ignoring the guy who just insulted her, she cautiously made her way to the door of the arcade. "what about knocking me over? arent you going to apologize?" she heard him yell after her. "baka!" serena got to the doors of the arcade, and slammed them shut in the guys face.

 

"ooh! the nerve of that guy. hey andrew!"

---------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------

 

andrew had seen the whole thing from his spot at the counter. seeing serena's face turn red and yelling, was giving him a feeling that the meeting of his good friends wasn't going well. he was fixing to go seperate the couple, seeing that there was a crowd gathering around them on the sidewalk, but serena shakily stood up and headed for the double doors.

 

he heard her mutter under her breath about "rude jerks." andrew smiled, but quickly hid it when she looked up at him. "hey andrew!" andrew smiled and continued to wipe the counter with the moist rag. "hey serena. what happened out there?" serena's face turned red from the mention of the "unfortunate accident". andrew smirked, but it went unnoticed by the huffing serena.

 

"that jerk! i was looking at the snow, and accidently ran into him. i was apologizing, when he called me...." andrew stopped wiping the counter. "what did he call you?" serena stuck her nose in the air. "he called me.......MEATBALLHEAD!" serena started fuming.

 

andrew lifted her chin and and smiled. "here serena. wipe those thoughts away and forget about him. darien isn't such a bad guy, once you get to know him. why, we've been friends for almost our whole lives, and i'm not such a bad guy am i?"

 

serena smiled and calmed down. "thanks for making me feel better andrew. hey, do you have change for a $10.00? i want to play sailor v before it's time to go home. mom gave me some extra spending money. i've gone all week without trying to hit sammy." andrew smiled.

 

"sure serena. anything else i can get you?" serena remembered about what she was thinking about before she ran into darien baka. "yeah. how about some hot chocolate with some marshmellows." serena giggled. andrew smiled at the innocent girls actions and took some change from his apron.

 

"sure thing serena. i'll be right back with your hot chocolate." handing serena the change, he winked. "here's some money for some games. free of charge." he winked and went back to get serena's order. serena blushed, said a quick thankyou and dashed off to play sailor v.

 

serena was like a little sister to andrew. bringing back her hot chocolate, with marshmellows sprinkled on top. serena was playing sailor v, and looked like she was having trouble. her face was red, and it looked like she was yelling at the game. "stupid game!" yep, she was definetly yelling at the game.

 

"hey serena! your order is ready." serena forgot about her game and skipped over to the counter andrew was behind. "thanks andrew, but could i have it to go?" andrew picked up her drink and headed to the back room. coming back with a styrophome cup and a straw, he sat the drink down if front of her. "sure thing serena. would you mind waiting here for a minute?" andrew went to the back room again as serena waited there patiantly.

 

coming back with a ziplock bag with some marshmellows, andrew smiled. "here's some marshmellows." serena smiled brightly. "thanks andrew! i think i'm going to go to the park and watch the snow fall for a little while before i have to go home." "ok sere, be careful." serena put her gloves, coat, and scarf on securely. "dont worry andrew. i'll be fine!" picking up her drink and extra marshmellows, serena skipped out of the arcade.

 

andrew smiled. 'maybee i can get darien and serena together. it might be hard, but it would pay off. they seem to like each other. she's going to the park too. just where i sent darien to study. maybee they'll bump into each other.'

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------

 

darien lugged his school books to the far side of the park. 'gods, these are heavy.' walking up the gazebo steps, he sat down on a dry bench. the gazebo was the only place that the snow didn't invade. it's not that he hates the snow, he loves it. it's just that, he had all his text books and didn't want to get them wet.

 

he gazed out at the snowcovered pond that sat by the gazebo for a while, and then turned to his books. there was very little people here today, and it let him have the peace he wanted.

 

'maybee that girl would like to come here with me someday.' darien sighed. 'no dare, she hates you remember?' opening the text book that lay in his lap, he started reading.

 

darien couldn't get that girl out of his mind. ever since she slamed the arcade doors in his face. she looked so mad, and it made her beautiful. wiping those thoughts from his brain, darien continued to study.

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------

 

serena stepped under a sakura tree by the frozen over pond. the lightly falling snow made the park look beautiful this evening. it would be dark in about an hour, and her mom wanted her home before that. taking a sip of her drink, serena sighed and looked around. the gazebo layed not far away, so serena decided to go inside and get away from the falling snow for a while.

 

halting, serena spotted something she never wanted to see again in her lifetime. 'it's that guy, darien baka.' seeing that he was occupied in reading, serena got evil thoughts in her head. "it's payback time." setting her drink on the ground where she thought it wouldn't tip over and spill, serena picked up a handful of snow, and crunched it together.

 

aiming, serena chunked the snowball at darien. right before it hit him in the head, serena ducked behind the sakura tree and stood still, so he wouldnt see her.

---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------

 

darien was so involved with his book, that he didn't see somebody watching him. darien was still calmly reading, when something cold hit him in the back of the head. darien fell over with a "ugh!" he heard someone giggle, and then all was silent. sitting up, darien rubbed the substance off of his hair. 'snow?'

 

darien started scanning the area. there seemed to be no one around. but looks can be decieving. setting his books underneath his bench, darien put his gloves on and again, looked around for his "visitor".

 

he heard a giggle again, and spun around to where he thought he heard the sound. 'i've heard that voice before.' sneaking around to a sakura tree, darien picked up a handful of snow, and got ready to throw at anything that moved. "oomph!"

 

another snowball hit him in the back. hearing the giggle again, it seemed that it was not that far. maybee about a foot away. darien walked around the big tree, stopping when some snow fell off the branches in front of him. he looked up, but only saw what seemed to be a huge white blanket falling on him.

 

deeply under the snow, darien cursed himself for stepping underneath that sakura tree. digging himself out, darien coughed all the snow out of his mouth. "what the hell?" now the person that was giggling earlier, was laughing uncontrollably now. but now, darien knew where she was.

 

darien looked up to the sakura treetops, and met the sight of an angel. 'the girl from earlier.' she laughed so hard, she lost her balance, and fell out of the treetops. darien jumped up, and braced himself. she screamed in shock, and prepared herself for a rough landing. what she didn't know, was that someone was ready and waiting to prevent that from happening.

---------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------

wrapping her arms around herself, serena gasped when two strong arms caught her. looking up, she saw darien baka's face. she gazed into his eyes and then at his lips. 'serena what are you doing? stop being a pervert! stop staring at him!' serena tore her gaze away from darien baka and figited with her hands. "ummm, you can let me down now."

 

"now why would i do that meatmallhead? i mean, you got your share of fun, so why cant i have mine?" serena swallowed hard. "what do you mean by that?" darien baka smirked. "i'm glad you asked meatmallhead." darien walked over to a huge mound of snow, and sat serena on it. "now dont move, or it will mean sudden death, got it?"

 

serena didn't know what kind of game he was playing, but nodded her head anyways. darien made his way over to the gazebo. when serena thought she had been sitting there forever, she looked around for darien baka. finding no one around, serena stood up and wiped the snow off of her pants. 'where is he?' she had an erie feeling that someone was watching her.

 

serena moved only a foot, when she sank to her waist in the snow. paniking, serena yelled for help. "ahhhh! help!" serena screached the last part out in all hope that someone heard her.

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------

 

darien made the last of the snowballs he thought he would need, when he heard serena screaming for help. 'i thought i told her not to move.' darien had been planning to ambush her with loads of snowballs. she was a sitting duck, frozen out there atop a snowcovered hill. forgetting his original idea, darien ran to serena.

 

she was waist deep in slushy snow, sinking slowly. "gods, what happened to you?" serena looked up, shocked that darien baka was there, but also greatful that someone heard her. "i dont know, i stood up, and then all of a sudden i started sinking. get me out of here! i'm cold, wet, and sinking in a snow puddle!"

 

darien caught hold of her arms, and hoisted her up out of the snow. serena was flailing her arms because she was struck with a numbing coldness. wet, and a cold wind blowing on her, she thought she was dieing. "stop moving around so much serena, and be still. i'll drop you back into that puddle if you dont stop moving!"

 

serena stopped moving, and relaxed so darien could get her out of the snow. when darien completed his task, he took serena into his arms and walked over to the gazebo. "here serena." darien handed her his coat. serena took the coat greatful. "hey darien, could you uh, do something for me?" darien looked at her thoughtful. "sure. i guess you can say that this is paying you back." serena glared at him. "could you go get my hot chocolate i left over by the sakura tree? it's in a white styrophome cup, but the straw is red, so it probably wont be too hard to find."

 

darien sighed. he'd been looking for her hot chocolate for about five minutes, and now he was getting the impression that if he didn't find her drink soon, then she would be drinking chocolate milk for the rest of the night. 'things i do to help people.'

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------

 

serena had been sitting in the gazebo for ten minutes, wondering where darien went. "that jerk, i bet he left me here." someone tapped her shoulder, and her hot chocolate came into view. serena looked up at him shocked. "you actually found it?" she sipped on her drink, and then spit it out. "ewww! i think it's almost frozen!" serena stood and walked over to a trashcan, and dropped the chocolate icecycle inside. "there goes andrews perfect snowyday drink."

 

darien looked up. "you know andrew? i've never seen you at the arcade before, well, except for earlier today." darien smirked at the memory while serena frowned. "i've known andrew for at least four years. i've been going to the arcade since i was six. i dont live far, and it's on my way to school. why do you want to know?"

 

darien's face flushed, but he hid it with one of his books. "well, me and andrew go way back. were practically brothers. i'd say we're really close friends. we see each other almost every day. i've been going to the arcade since andrews been working there, but i've never seen you around. andrew talks about you some, but i thought you were his girlfriend or something. so, why is it that we've been going to the arcade, for four years, and never saw each other?"

 

it was serena's turn to blush. "i'm probably at school when your there. i go to juban high. i usually have detention everyday, so your probably gone by the time i get there." she looked down at her shoes. darien looked up at her suprised. "you have detention everyday? why?" serena blushed a deeper red. "i'm a kluts, and space off all the time in class. then ms. hurana gets mad at me and gives me detention everyday."

 

"that's not right." serena figited around. "um, here's you jacket, i think i'm going to go home and change into some dry cloths." she handed darien his jacket. "how about we go to my apartment? i bet it's alot closer, and you might get sick if you walk home in those wet cloths." serena nodded her head in agreement. "ok, but if you try anything buddy, and i mean anything, then your ass is mine." darien looked up at serena shocked. where did she learn those words?

 

darien smiled charmingly. "i wouldn't do such a thing. come on, it's this way." darien picked up his text books, and started walking to his apartment. serena sighed and followed him, keeping her right hand cautiously resting against her brooch. if anything happend, she would be ready for it. call her suspicious, but it's better safe than sorry.

---------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------

 

*Authors Notes*

 

there it is. my first chappie. i guess i did a great job. please R & R if you want me to update soon. if not, then i guess i'll start a new fanfic. it really hurts when you think people dont read your fanfic's you work hard on. ^_^

 

-Paige