Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Other Disguises ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Other Disguises: Three

 

The forest was a vibrant green, birds flitting back and forth between the branches. It almost looked like a scene from a childs book, like some cartoon animal was going to pop up and start talking away at any moment. Of course, considering the irritable look on the young lady walking along the path, the cute character might flee for it's life.

 

"This whole place is one giant cliche," Hotaru Tomoe muttered to herself, her violet eyes flashing irritably. The black haired young woman tugged akwardly at her school uniform as she walked on, looking for some kind of exit.

 

"Hotaru-chan," the familiar woman's voice called out cheerfully.

 

"Who...?" Hotaru looked around curiously.

 

"Got you!" She pounced from the shadows, the blonde woman knocking hotaru on her back and laying quite happily on top of her.

 

"Minako?" Hotaru blinked in surprise.

 

Minako Aino smirked down at her, the cat ears on either side of her head twitching slightly. Her body has hugged by a tiger stripped onepiece garment, with a set of matching gloves and boots. Her blue eyes twinkled with amusement, the scent of her body heady and sweet.

 

"I've been looking all over for you, Hotaru-chan," Minako purred, rubbing her body in a cat-like way against Hotaru.

 

"I.. ah..." Hotaru couldn't seem to think, her heart pounding as she looked up into those eyes that were both innocent yet oddly knowing.

 

"Do you know what I like best about costumes?" Minako shifted back, sitting up so that her bottom rested on Hotaru's legs.

 

Hotaru felt a bit of relief, yet oddly was disapointed, when Minako moved. "What?" she croaked, her throat oddly tight all of a sudden.

 

Minako reached for the ring at the top of the outfit's zipper, nestled in between her pert breasts. "You can take them off," she purred as she tugged it down....

 

<><><><><><><><> <><><>

 

"Eeep!" Hotaru sat up in her bed suddently, eyes wide and hair a mess. She panted, cheeks flushed as she tried to get her breath back and recover a bit of her composure. "Where did THAT come from?" she murmured weakly.

 

'I never had dreams like that about Chibi-Usa,' Hotaru thought as she slipped from her bed, her boy's pajamas rumpled from her restless sleep and stumbled out of her room and down to the bathroom. She peered at her reflection as she brushed her teeth then grabbed a comb to try and make some order out of her chaotic hair.

 

"Better," Hotaru nodded then headed to the kitchen for breakfast.

 

"Good morning," Michiru sang out as Hotaru entered, the green haired woman pouring out a glass of orange juice as soon as she walked in.

 

"Thank you," Hotaru took it and sat down at the table with a smile. Haruka was reading the paper, a cup of coffee beside her while Setsuna was taking a turn cooking breakfast this morning.

 

"Sleep well?" Setsuna asked as she carefully flipped an egg over to keep the yolk intact, her long black hair tied back in a pony tail this morning.

 

Hotaru felt herself flush slightly but kept her voice even as she answered honestly, "Yes, except for the dreams."

 

Haruka put the paper down and picked up her mug, the sandy haired lady taking a long drink of coffee before sighing happily. "Ah, that's better," she smiled. Just when Hotaru thought she had gotten away with it Haruka asked curiously, "What kind of dreams?"

 

"Very odd ones," Hotaru shrugged, feeling unwilling to talk about it until she felt she had a better handle on it herself.

 

"How do you want your eggs?" Setsuna asked Hotaru as she casually dished up Haruka and Michiru's breakfast.

 

"Scrambled, please," Hotaru smiled.

 

"Coming right up," Setsuna cracked the eggs, humming to herself cheerfully as she beat them in a high sided bowl.

 

"She's in a awfully good mood this morning," Michiru dropped her voice to comment, looking over at Setsuna covertly.

 

"Good," Haruka answered firmly. She looked over at Hotaru and asked, "So how's the cosplay thing going?"

 

Hotaru blushed faintly in memory. "The costume is almost embarrasing," she sighed out, "but I think we're going to manage."

 

"So are you doing a routine or something?" Michiru asked.

 

"Sort of," Hotaru nodded. "The characters Usagi and Rei play are lovers so they'll be together, and Minako, Ami and I are doing something, I think," she related.

 

"Usagi and Rei?" Setsuna had the oddest little smile on her face as she brought her and Hotaru's plates of eggs over.

 

Michiru smirked, "I wonder if Minako had a hand in the casting?"

 

Hotaru chuckled softly, "I think so."

 

'She seems to be in a better mood than she was a few weeks ago,' Setsuna thought with a smile as she dug into her food.

 

"Do you want to bet that she set up Ami and Makoto to be together in this, too?" Haruka offered the suggestion with a impish grin.

 

Hotaru looked thoughtful a moment, "You know, you could be right."

 

"Our Senshi of love tends to be a shameless matchmaker," Michiru ate her food delicately, "too bad she has such bad luck in her own love life."

 

"It's the whole chasing after boys thing," Haruka suggested semi-seriously, "if she'd just find a nice girl she's be fine."

 

"Not all of us go that way, you know," Setsuna pointed out to Haruka with a dignified smile, drinking some of her juice.

 

"I don't see you dating all that much, either," Michiru murmured with a little smile.

 

"Hey!" Setsuna protested.

 

'My crazy family,' Hotaru thought to herself fondly as the three ladies argued away good naturedly in the background.

 

Later that day Hotaru changed with Minako into their costumes, reminding the blonde again that she owed her one. 'And I got a good look at Minako,' Hotaru admitted to herself as they walked to where the others were practicing.

 

Rei Hino pushed up her glasses with a white gloved hand, a striking figure as she stood there in her military styled uniform. "Ritsuko," she murmured.

 

Usagi looked up, her long blonde hair tucked away beneath the white labcoat she wore. "Gendo," she stepped forward... only to have her foot catch the dangling edge of the long coat and send her sprawling, Rei along with her.

 

"Usagi!" Rei scolded, fighting to get the blonde off of her.

 

"Sorry, Rei," Usagi said sheepishly as the two women got to their feet once again.

 

"This is going to take some work," Minako tried her best to fight back a smile.

 

"Looks like it," Hotaru agreed, surprised to realize she was smiling, too.

 

"Have you two practiced your kissing scene yet?" Minako asked them impishly.

 

"Minako!" both Rei and Usagi turned to protest as one.

 

To be continued....