Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Portrait Of A Princess (Jupiter) ❯ Portrait Of A Princess (Jupiter) Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Portrait Of A Princess (Jupiter)
Chapter 5
By. Essence

READ AND REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The candle light blurred into golden shadows in the room. Their flames hissing in the heavy silence. Lita lay upon the wrinkled bed, one arm bent at the elbow resting her head; the other draped in front of her holding the sheet. Another white lay across her body covering her except for where one slim leg peeped out lying on top of the other.

The room was heavy with silence, her backdrop the dark wooden wall, the candles burning all around her and the scattering of green rose petals framing her silhouette.
Ken sat in a chair away from her, his shirt hanging open to reveal golden skin. A drawing pad and pencil in his hands, he sketched, looking up to her figure then down to the pad again.

" Is it done yet?" Lita asked breaking the silence.
Ken shook his head, not looking up. The tip of his tongue sticking out of his mouth.


A scuffling sound was heard and the people bent down. Lady Beryl walked into the room, her purple dress flowing behind her, mixing with strands of red hair. One womyn looked up, her red eyes glowing, a smile of pure evilness on her face.
Beryl walked to the throne and sat down, her skirts spreading themselves out.
The people stood up and stepped back into the shadows. Leaving one womyn to standing alone. Her blue iced dress standing out in the crowd, black hair flowing down her back. The lady walked forward, a sultry walk that moved her hips and brought her in front of the throne. She smiled at the queen before turning around to the shadows. Both arms raised above her head, her body began to dissipate. Falling into the ground, swirling around till she was gone.
Beryl held out one hand to where the lady had stood. From the ground rose a staff, a black crystal ball on top of it. The staff floated in the air, for one second the face of blue ice appeared before disappearing in a cloud of black smoke. The staff flew to Beryl's hand, a sweeping light enfulged them all.

Away from the people, alone in her chambers, a purple swirl of smoke awoke and a pair of eyes appeared disappearing in a haze of orange.

" Finished!" Ken said brushing his pencil against the paper and sitting back.
Lita sat up on the bed, one hand holding the sheet to her body. Her loose hair falling behind her.
" What does it look like?" she asked getting up off the bed and wrapping the sheet loosely around her.
" Like a picture of you," Ken quipped smirking at her.
Lita smiled back and walked up to him, easing herself into his lap. Ken wrapped one arm around her waist and held the pad so she could see it. The likeness was perfect, the tilt of her eyes, the fold of the cloth, everything was perfect.
" Ken where did you learn to draw like this?" Lita asked taking the pad from his hand and studying.
" I don't really know, after the accident I had nothing left. I did odd jobs to support myself but didn't really feel right. So I took to drawing, I wasn't very good and I didn't have the idea to sell my art for money."
" What did you do with your works?" Lita asked scooting closer to him and wrapping her arms around his neck.
" Kept them, destroyed them, or traded them in for food. I didn't get the idea to sell them until a guy I befriended, Sergio told me about it."
" So he was the one who taught you?" Lita asked.
" Yea, he had already been painting for years. So he taught me everything and I did that on top of a job has a gardener," Ken replied.
" Why didn't you come back here? My family would have taken care of you," Lita pointed out.
" You don't understand a person's pride, Lita. If I had come back then I would be saying that I am weak and unable to take care of myself. If I had stayed like I did, I know I can take care of myself and carve out something for myself," Ken replied.

Lita looked at him then turned her gaze to the drawing. It was very good, he obviously had talent, but why did he say that he had to make a living for himself. His pride was nothing to his survival.
" Ken can I have this drawing?" Lita asked turning back to him.
Ken gave her a puzzled look that quickly melted into a smile.
" Sure if you want it, on one condition," Ken replied making a sly face at her.
" And what would that be?" Lita asked resting her forehead on his
" You let me do another drawing of you, this time I choose the pose though," he whispered.
Lita smiled and moved her head so she could kiss his lips.
" It's a deal," she whispered back after breaking away from him.
Ken pulled her into his arms and kissed her again. Their bodies intertwining with one another.

" When the Princess returns, please have her report to me immedaitly," Maragret said to the young maid behind her.
" Yes mam," the girl replied bobbing a quick curtsy and scurring out of the room.
Lady Maragret sighed and rubbed her aching forehead. It had been two days since she last saw Jupiter. The girl had gone to the ball like she was supposed too but had disappered after that. No one had seen her pressence since then and the ball had been two days ago.
With a creak of bones, Lady Maragret fell into her chair and leaned back. It was tiring buisness to watch over a flighty girl like her. Now she had disappered leaving all the responsibilites of the kingdom to her.
" Oh my headache is getting worse," Lady Margret groaned rubbing her throbbing temples.
" Madam," a voice said breaking through her thoughts.
Lady Maraget sat up and opened her eyes. A solider stood at the door, his face a mask of iron.
" Yes?" Maragret asked replacing her own mask of sterness.
" I come to report a disturbance in the outer section of the sector 3, near to the small city," the solider reported.
" How big a disturbance?" Maragret asked.
" About a 10g," was the reply.
" Very well, send out the Zodic troops, put Zeoute in charge. If there is any trouble give it to him. I'm going to bed," she stood up, meaning to end this conversation.
The solider nodded and walked out of the room.

Margret sighed loosing her composure she rubbed her forehead again and pushed in her chair.
" A little sleep is what I need," she said to herself walking toward the back of the room. A panel appeared in the wall and slid open to revel another room. Margret walked through the open doorway and disappered into the darkness of the room.


Lita woke with a start, her eyess shooting open to revel fear in their green depths. She sat up in the bed holding the sheet to her throat. It was cold, not a simple sool breeze but an icy cold that entered her bones and made her shiver from it's icy grip. Sweat ran in rivlets down her face despite the fact that she was cold. She turned to look at Ken, he lay next to her one arm resting on the sheets, fingers just barely touching her. He was unaware of what had just happened.
She had been sleeping when she felt it, a shadow standing over her and icy fngers touching her skin, reaching in, reaching for her soul.
Lita looked at her fingertips, they had a slight bluish cast to them, but it could have been a trick of the light. The room was filled with darkness, any monster could be hiding in the shadows waiting for her to fall asleep again before pouncing and taking her life.
She looked down at Ken again, a small smile of contentness on his face. Everything was so perfact with him, the way he held her, the way they made love. She was a womyn in his arms. Nephrite made her fell like a clumsy child with his expiernce but with Ken she was expiernce. A slight blush rose into her cheeks at the thoughts of the last few hours, she had been in heaven but in the morning her cyrstal dream would be smashed. She knew must return to the castle, it had been three days since she disappered. The kingdom would be in a uproar if she was gone any longer.
Lita layed down in the bed, wrapping the sheet under her arms and snuggling closer to Ken. She sighed in his sleep and wrapped one arm around her bringing her closer to him. Lita turned to stare at his face, she made a wish that morning would never come.

Lita looked over her shoulder to where he stood. He was like a picture with the forest surrounding him. The morning had finally come and now she stood in between the threashold of two worlds. One world leading her to the castle and the other leading her to him.
Lita blew a soft kiss to him then disappered through the gates, letting them close behind her.

The gardens were quiet in the morning, dew shone brightly on the yellow flowers of the meadow she walked through. Her walk was silent, hands clasped around her, the same dress she wore to the ball swishing on the grassy path. Her thoughts had flowen away to another world, running over the past events and studying every detail of them. Preserving them so in a time of darkness they would be her sunlight.

Lita collasped onto her bed with a sigh, muscles ached in new places and she was so tired. A long night with little sleep had robbed her of all her strength. All she needed was rest, but that would not come.
There was soft knock on the door followed by a timid voice calling her name and entering the room.
Lita had just turned to her side and snuggled into the pillows when a maid entered.
" Miss Makoto?" the maid squeaked obviously afraid of the fact that she may have disturbed the princess in her slumber.
Lita squashed the urge to sigh and sat up, turning to the girl.
" Yes?" she asked unable to keep some of the irritation out of her voice.
" You have a visitor in the gardens, a male solider from the Earth. He requests your pressence imeaditly," the girl replied paling at Makoto's tone.
'A male vistor from the Earth?' She thought sluggishly, then her mind came too and she sat up more aleart now.
'Nephrite!'
Lita looked down at her dress, it was a mess dirt and a little paint had stained it and even now she could still smell Ken's scent all around her. He would know she had been with another man if she saw him like this.
" Thank you," Lita replied slipping off the bed and walking over to her wardrobe.
The maid curtisied in return and hurried from the room, glad to escape a scolding.
Meanwhile Lita shifted through her frocks, searching for the perfect one before she had her bath.

It was two hours later when Lita walked into the drawing room. A magenta gown swishing softly clinging to her body, matching the ribbon that held back her hair. Nephrite sat on a blue dasmask chair, his legs crossed over one another a wafer thin china cup in his hand.
She stopped in the doorway, one hand holding onto the frame for support. Silently watching him, taking in his profile. Nephrite looked up from over the rim of his cup, his blue eyes capturing her own green ones. A smile spread across his pale face and he set the cup down. Standing up from the white wicker chair and walking toward her, his arms held up to pull her into his embrace.
" You kept me waiting," he said wrapping his arms around her waist and leaning in to kiss her.
" I'm sorry, I had some business to take care of," Lita replied slipping fro his grip and walking toward the table.
Nephrite turned around, a sly smile on his face he followed her to the table.
" The maid told me you requested a bath when my arrival was annoucned," Nephrite said walking up behind her.
Lita's hand tightened around the china teapots handle.
" Darling you kow that you don't have to go to such grandness for me, I love you no matter how you look or feel," he added stroking her bare arm and planting a kiss on her shoulder.
Lita blushed and took a sip of tea then spun around, spilling the liquid on his coat the cup falling to the floor and shattering at his feet.
" Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" She gasped covering her mouth and reaching behind her for a napkin.
" Ahhhh!! That's hot!" Nephrite yelled waving his hands at the stain.
Lita grabbed a napkin and begun dabbing at the spot.
" I'm so sorry, I'm so clumsy sometimes," she apolagized frantically.
Nephrite stopped yelling and looked down at her, she was acting diffrently for some reason.
" Lita, stop," he said huskily grabbing her hands and pulling her up. She looked into his eyes, the napkin falling to the floor.
" Lita is something going on that your not telling me?" he asked looking straight into her green eyes.
A blush spread into her cheeks and frantic thoughts filled her head.
'Does he know about Ken and I?' ' Who told him! I'll kill the person!'
" No, there is nothing," Lita replied nervously.
His eyes narrowed and a small frown appeared on his face.
" Honest, there is nothing!" she insistied wrenching away from his grasp and turning away to the tea table.
" I think I know what's wrong," Nephrite said from behind her.
Lita's eyes widened and the napkin in her hand was clenched tighter.
" You do?" she asked looking over her shoulder.
" Yes I do," he replied nodding his head. " Your nervous about what is happening on the Earth."
Relief coursed through her body she let go of the napkin and turned around to face him.
" Okay, I'll adnit, I am quite worried about this whole thing. I mean what if the Earth and The Silver Millenium falls," she said her voice wobbling.
Nephrite strood forward and gathered her into his arms. The wet spot on his jackey touched her bare skin, causing her to cringe slightly.
" I know this worries you with what might happen but I just want you to know that we won't let it fall," he mummered smoothing her hair.
" We?" Lita asked looking up.
" Jedite, Zoiciste, Kunzite, Endymion and I along with the Earth forces. I came here tell you that I'm leaving to go to the Earth. Were going to stage our final advance and destroy the evil there before it reaches the moon," Nephrite replied smiling down at her.
" Will you hurry back?" she whisper clutching his coat lapels.
" I will and when I come back we will be married," he whispered back bending down to kiss her before walking out of the room.
Lita watched him go before reaching up and running the back of hand over her lips.

The End? Chapter 6 will not be out for awhile. Instead I will be wrapping up the other series with the other Princesses. Email me with any comment, questions, and suggustions to Saliormoon175@hotmail.com or AIM PrincessStar176. Thank you!