Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Portrait Of A Princess (Mercury) ❯ Portrait Of A Princess (Mercury) Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Portrait Of A Princess ( Mercury)
By Essence


Hi All, here is Mercury's part of Portrait Of A Princess. Have fun reading.

Disclamir: Maybe in my wildest dreams I will own Sailor Moon but until then it is sadly not mine but belongs to a whole bunch of people with very big and scary lawyers.

Portrait Of A Princess (Mercury)

Princess Mercury sat in the Royal Library of the Moon happily reading a book of poems written by a Sir Walter Scott when she heard the crash and a girls screams. Mercury quickly rose from her spot, letting the book fall to the floor, her henshin stick clutched in her hand.
Another scream was heard followed by a brillant flash of purple light and an explosion. Mercury didn't even flinch as she rasied her pen above her head and quickly transformed in to Sailor Mercury.

Meanwhile a young girl, one of the palaces maid sat on the ground quacking with fear. Her ankle was badly burned and she had one long scrach that bled profusly on her cheeck. In front of her stood the most ugly monster she had every seen. It stood 7 feet tall with slimy green skin and purple chains that wrapped around it's body and formed hair that cascaded to the ground. The girl screamed again as the monster geared up to send another ball of flames at her.
" Shabon Spray!" A voice yelled sending a blast of cold mist to surrond them. A figure walked closer to them the shadows parted to reveal Sailor Mercury.
" Protected by guardian Mercury, I am the Pretty Solider, Sailor Mercury. In the name of Mercury, I shall destroy you." Mercury said to the monster, anger and emotion lighting her normally calm blue eyes.
The monster did not answer but instead sent a ball of flames, which Mercury easily avoided.
" Shine Aqua Illisuion!" Mercury sending a blast of ice at the monster, but the attack missed the monster who jumped into the air and knocked Sailor Mercury down.
Mercury cried out as she came in contact with the hard ground, her arm was hurting her and her back side felt numb but she still managed to get up and face the monster.
" I will defet you!" Mercury screamed at the monster, her legs feeling like jello and her arms aching with pain. The monster just just gave her a wicked grin and preapred to send another blast of fire at her.
" Fire Soul!"
" Supreme Thunder!"
The two attacks came from behind Mercury, hitting the monster square in the chest and turning it into a pile of dust that blew away in the wind. Mercury fell to the ground as her friends ran up behind her and knelt down next to her.
" Mercury are you okay?" Mars asked worry running through her voice.
Mercury opened her eyes and smiled at Mars and Jupiter, who was sitting on the other side of her.
" I'm fine guys", Mercury said even though she was burning with pain from her wounds. She looked past Jupiter to where a girl lay still in the grass, Venus was holding her wrist a grim expression on her face. Venus let the girls wrist drop to the ground, lifelessly. Mercury instanly knew even before she saw Venus's watery blue eyes that turned to them.
" Is she...?" Jupiter asked but her voice trailed off before she could finish her question. Venus did not answer but instead just nodded and clenched her fist to her chest.
" That monster was strong, it was like nothing I had ever seen before," Mercury said her voice faltering slightly.
" Hush," said Mars placing two fingers over Mercury's mouth. " We'll take you to the healers to have you healed."
" I'll call the royal guard," Venus said softly her hands now folded in her lap.
Jupiter nodded and went to help Mars take Mercury to the Healers. Venus looked to the body of the dead girl and sighed looking up to the dark sky sprinkled with stars.
' Where is this evil coming from?' she thought to herself.

Ami walked out of the clinic her wrist bandaged where the monster had burned but other then that she was fine. The other Sailor Scouts had quickly left after they got her there, each one making up some mumbled excuse before running out. It was quite strange that they would want to leave so fast instead of be with her. Mercury tucked a lose strand of blue hair behind her ear and looked to the castle in the distance. The light of the stars had cast a silvery light over it and in the distance above the castle the earth glowed with a warm blue glow.
Prince Darien and his royal guard were from that strange place. They were now residing on the Moon while news of the Princes engagement to the Moon Princess was aunnoced.
Ami smiled and began to walk toward the royal library. Serena was probaly with the Prince right now, so Ami decided to leave the two alone and go back to the quiet solitary of the library.
Inside it was quiet and her book still lie on the table where she had last left it. Ami walked over to the table and picked up her book when she felt an ominus pressence behind her. Ami whirled around with a sharp yell and threw her book at the person standing behind her.
" Ow!" The man cried falling to his knees one hand holding his head where the book had hit him.
" Oh I'm sorry sir," Ami cried kneeling down to the man and placing one slim hand on his arm.
" Why are you sorry miss?" the man asked not looking at Ami.
" I thought you were a youma, you scared me," Ami replied blushing, her own excuse sounding weak to her own ears.
" I see," the man said removing his hand and looking into Ami's eyes. Time seem to frezze between the two. Ami felt the blood rushing through her veins but she couldn't tear herself away from his gaze. His eyes were a deep green with brown flecks in them and he had long blond hair tied back with a few earriant trendials escaping.
Finally Ami broke the gaze, her cheecks flaming red.
" I'm, uh, very sorry about hitting you sir," Ami said moving to get up and escape but the man grabbed her wrist in a surprisling strong but gental grip.
" Please, miss don't leave just quite yet, I do not even know your name," The man said his eye's pleading with her.
" My name?" Ami said her voice faltering slightly while her dazed mind registered this.
" Yes miss, if you give me the honor," the man said smiling at her.
" My name is Ami," Ami replied returning his smile with one of her own.
" Ami," he said rolling the word on his tonuge. " That's a very beautiful name, mine is Zoiciste."
" I'm very pleased to meet you, Sir," Ami said smiling at him, her blue eyes lighting up. " But could I please have my wrist back?" she asked looking at her wrist that he was still holding.
Zoicite blushed and smiled as her let go, " I'm sorry about that Princess," Zoicste said placing one had behind his head and sweatdropping.
" That is quite okay, and please call me Ami," Ami said standing up.
" Only if you call me Zociste," Zociste said in a husky voice.
Ami felt a blush on her cheecks as his head lowered towards hers.

End of Part One, Story three. Go on to Part Two. Have fun. Send all Flames, comments, questions, suggustions, and Darien look alikes to SaliorMoon175@hotmail.com.