Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Riding on the Clouds ❯ Riding on the Clouds ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Riding in the Clouds

~Selene Serenity~

Disclaimer: I don not own Sailor Moon. It is property of Naoko Takeuchi. This story line is my property and if you wish to put this story on your site, please ask me first.

Author's notes: Hello everyone. This is an alternate reality story about Chibi-Usa and Helios. All of the Sailor Moon characters are normal humans without magical powers. Chibi-Usa goes to a local ranch to learn how to ride horses and meets a young man who works at the ranch, named Helios. Please enjoy reading this story.

Chibi-Usa lay on her bed in the upstairs bedroom of her house. She sighed from boredom and thought of something interesting to do. Suddenly the phone on her bedside table rang. She leapt up and grabbed the phone out of its cradle. "Hello?" She said into the receiver.

"Hey Chibi-Usa! It's Momo!" Chibi-Usa's best friend replied.

"Hey Momo. So what are you up to today?" Chibi-Usa wondered.

"Well….." She paused. "I came up with this great idea that we could go to the new ranch in town together, you, Kelli and I." She blurted out.

"Momo, you know I don't know how to ride horses!" Chibi-Usa sighed at her friend.

"Well I know that! What do you think I am? An idiot?" Momo said slightly cross at Chibi-Usa. "The ranch is known for its good trainers, so while me and Kelli go off on our own, you can learn how to ride, and join up with us later." She explained.

"Well I guess I'll go. That is if my parents let me." Chibi-Usa decided. "I'll go ask. Wait a sec." She placed the phone on her bed and ran to the stairway to go to the living room where her parents were. She thumped down the stairs as quickly as possible.

When she reached the living room, she found her Mother, Usagi, and her Father, Mamoru, watching the television. "Hello Chibi-Usa." Usagi smiled at her daughter, looking up from the TV.

"Mama, Papa, could I please go to the new ranch in town with Momo and Kelli to get riding lessons?" She spat out in one breath. Her parents starred at her and contemplated the idea that their daughter had brought to them. `This is never going to work!' Chibi-Usa mentally told herself. `My parents are way to Paranoid.'

Mamoru and Usagi quietly discussed the issue between the two of them. Final a decision was reached. Usagi smiled at her daughter once more before saying, "I don't see why not. This will be a great opportunity for you to learn something new."

Chibi-Usa was shocked. Her parents were actually letting her do something she wanted to do. "Really?" She asked.

"Of course." Her father replied.

"Thank you!" She giggled with glee and ran up to her parents and gave them both a hug and a kiss on the cheek. She ran back upstairs to tell Momo the good news. She picked up the phone in a hurry and almost dropped it. "Momo! My Mom and Dad said it was okay to go!" She told her.

"Really!?" Momo said surprised and shocked. "That's great! Meet us at the ranch as soon as you can!" She told her.

"You bet I will!" Chibi-Usa giggled. "Bye Momo." She said just before hanging up the phone. Next she pulled on her socks and shoes. She dashed downstairs and grabbed her jacket and ran to the door. "Bye Mama! Bye Papa!" She shouted as she shut the door.

She walked over to the garage and pulled out her bike. Chibi-Usa undid her two rabbit ear ondangos and lifted her helmet from the bike's handlebar then placed it on her head. She snapped the buckle shut and hopped on the seat. She kicked the kickstand up and pushed out into the driveway. Suddenly she heard a faint mew and her lavender cat, Diana leapt on to her shoulder. "Hello Diana" Chibi-Usa giggled and rubbed the kitten behind her ear. Diana purred softly. "Do you want to come with me?" Chibi-Usa asked. Diana nodded and purred once more. (Remember she is a normal cat now.) "Alright! Lets go!" Chibi-Usa smiled widely and pedaled to the ranch.

When she got there Momo and Kelli were waiting at the entrance for her. "Hi guys!" Chibi-Usa greeted them.

"Hi Chibi-Usa!" They both smiled at their friend. "Hi Diana." Momo giggled and opened her arms in time for Diana to jump into them.

"Lets go in." Kelli suggested. Chibi-Usa and Momo nodded in agreement and they walked their bikes in.

***

"Helios! Are you in here?" A female voice called from outside the horses' stall.

"I'm right here Rika!" A young boy with silver-blue hair and golden eyes replied as he was tending to an ivory white mare.

"Helios, there's a young girl here that needs riding lessons. Would you like to take the challenge?" Rika asked when she walked in.

"I think I can handle it." Helios laughed and put the brush that he held down on the ground. "Where is she? I'll go greet her."

"She's over near the entrance with some of her friends." Rika replied.

"Do they need lessons too?" Helios asked.

"No, they are experienced riders." Rika explained.

"Okay. Talk to you later `boss'." Helios said as he left the barn. Rika was the owner of the "Illusion Ranch" She was Helios's boss, but they were more friends then they were employer and employee.

Helios walked across the ranch grounds to the entrance. He spotted three children, a little younger than himself. One was a girl who wore a red t-shirt and blue jeans. She had purple tinted hair worn up in a rounded bun. Another was a young boy wore a blue striped shirt and jeans with green hair. The last of the trio was a young girl with pink hair the flowed to her back. She lifted her helmet off and hung it from her bike handle. She pulled some elastics from her pocket on her blue mini-skirt and put her hair into two ondangos with the rest of her hair forming two ponytails.

"Beautiful….." Helios sighed. He shook his head roughly. "What am I thinking!?" He thought, shocked at his own words.

***

Diana leapt out of Momo's hands when they got inside. She ran off to the barn. "Diana! Come back here!" Chibi-Usa cried and chased after her.

***

Suddenly a small kitten with lavender fur and magenta eyes dashed in Helios's direction. She obviously did not see Helios because she ran right into his leg and stopped. She meowed in pain. Helios bent down on one knee and scooped up the kitten with one hand. "Hello." He smiled down at her. "Where did you come from?" He wondered. Diana mewed in approval of the new stranger.

"Diana!? Are you over here?" A young female voice called breathlessly. Helios looked up to see the girl with the pink hair, a few feet off, looking in his direction with her garnet eyes. "There you are Diana!" She sighed with relief and walked over to Helios and Diana. "Um, hello." She blushed. "Thank-You for stopping her. I would die if I lost her." She said graciously.

"Um well she just kind of ran into me. Literally." He smiled slightly.

"Well thank-you anyways." She said as Diana jumped back on her shoulder. "My name is Chibi-Usa, what's yours?" She inquired.

"I'm Helios, and I think I'm your teacher."

"How did you know I was the one that needed lessons?"

"Because you're the only one who wore a skirt." Helios chuckled. Chibi-Usa's face reddened fiercely. "Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to embarrass you. I'm sure that Mai will let you borrow some of her clothes."

"Mai?" Chibi-Usa blinked.

"She works here as well. She's one of the younger ranch hands here." Helios explained.

"Not Mai Tsukino, is it?"

"Yes! Do you know her?"

"She's my cousin." Chibi-Usa replied.

"Really? That's a coincidence." Helios looked up at the sky. "Come on, follow me." He led her to a small cottage. "This is where Mai stays when she's on break. I think she is now. Helios knocked on the door. "Mai, are you in here?"

"Helios? Is that you?" A voice called from inside.

"Yup! And you have a visitor!"

"Hm?" A young girl, around Chibi-Usa's age opened the door. She had sandy blond, hair usually worn to the middle of her back but now she wore it in two long braids. She had crystal blue eyes and freckles splashed across her cheeks. "Chibi-Usa!?" She cried happily.

"Hi Mai!" Chibi-Usa smiled. "I didn't know you worked on the ranch! Uncle Shingo and Aunt Mika finally let you around horses?"

"Ya, I love working with horses!" Mai giggled. "What are you doing here?" She questioned.

"I'm getting riding lessons!" Chibi-Usa said cheerfully.

"But, she needs the proper attire. Do you think you can help her with that?" Helios asked.

"I think I can!" Mai laughed. "Come on in Chibi-Usa. Helios, you stay out there." Mai opened the door and let her cousin in.

***

A few minutes later Mai and Chibi-Usa came back out of the cottage. Chibi-Usa wore a pair of blue jeans hemmed with pink and gold laces. She wore a white blouse with a gold drawstring around the neck that tied into a bow at the front. She wore a denim jacket with the sleeves rolled up to her elbows. She wore a pair of black boots that flared open at the top and was trimmed with gold. "So what do you think?" Mai asked.

"She looks great!" Helios complimented. "Now all she needs is the lessons and she'll be just like all of us here." All three of them laughed. "So, are you ready to pick out a horse?" He asked Chibi-Usa.

Chibi-Usa nodded. "I sure am!" She replied.

"Well then lets go." He pointed to the barn. "Bye Mai." He told the other girl.

"Bye Mai! I'll talk to you later. Say hi to Aunt Mika and Uncle Shingo!" Chibi-Usa smiled.

"You bet!" Mai replied. "Bye Chibi-Usa. Bye Helios!" She waved at them.

"Oh! Wait!" Chibi-Usa stopped. She turned back to Mai and the cottage. "Come on Diana!" She called. The little kitten rushed over to Chibi-Usa. "Okay I'm ready." She told Helios. "Bye again!" She called to Mai.

***

At the barn the first thing that caught Chibi-Usa's eye was a white mare. The same one Helios had been tending to earlier. "Who's this one?" She asked.

"This is Pegasus." Helios replied with a grin.

"Pegasus? Why that name?" She blinked.

"Because, if you gave him wings and a horn, he would look just like the mythical flying horse." Helios explained.

"Oh, I see. Well can I ride him?" She asked and walked over to Pegasus.

"Well, Pegasus won't let anyone near him unless it's me." Helios told her matter-of-factly. He looked over at Chibi-Usa and jumped back in shock. She was right in front of Pegasus, patted him on the muzzle.

"He's just a big sweetie!" Chibi-Usa giggled.

"Well, I guess you can ride him them." Helios shrugged and picked up a helmet for himself and one for Chibi-Usa. "Here you can put this on." He said, handing it to her.

"Hold on a sec." She put her index finger into the air. She undid her hair once more so that her hair flowed back down to her back. She shoved the hair items in her pocket and put the helmet on. She walked over to Pegasus and held on to his reigns. She walked him outside as Helios instructed her. Helios took out one of the other horses, Bronco.

"Now, step up from the stirrup." He said pointing to what he was talking about. Chibi-Usa placed her left foot on the stirrup and tried to get up but she couldn't pull herself up. "Here, let me help." Helios offered and placed his hands at her waist and helped her up on Pegasus's back.

"Thanks." Chibi-Usa smiled down at him once she had gotten up.

"Not a problem." Helios smiled back. He walked over to Bronco and got on. He started the lessons with a simple walk but Chibi-Usa could not seem to get a handle on it. "Don't worry. Most beginners start out just like this. I'll get up with you and help." He suggested. "Is that okay?" He asked.

"Sure, that will help I think." Chibi-Usa replied.

"Just let me put Bronco back inside." Helios said getting off the horse.

He soon returned and got up on Pegasus right behind Chibi-Usa. He grasped the reigns with Chibi-Usa.